Trade ideas ??

Moderator: THE J0KER

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: Trade ideas ?? 

Post#1341 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:34 pm

MidMountain wrote:I expect a big trade at the deadline. A team that had playoff hopes at the beginning of the year may look to start rebuilding and trade us an all-star for a collection of young assets / picks. Other teams will have a good read on Gallo / Chandler's health.

Maybe, if they don't have draft picks. Don't you think a team with at least one decent pick next year will keep their all-star and gamble on the draft?

It would seem that Denver's best trade-deadline offer will probably come from a contender that needs one more bench/role player for their playoff puxh.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Post#1342 » by bdpecore » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:40 pm

As a Milwaukee fan, I am really interested in trading for Harris and having him start next to point Giannis. What would Denver be interested in a trade for him outside of Giannis, Parker and Middleton? Would a future 1st (2018) with top 3 protection be enough? Bucks could also take back a bad contract if necessary. Thoughts?
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1343 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:46 pm

TunaFish wrote:The Clippers are after Durant but have no cap room; that is the core of any interest in moving Griffith. If Durant were to sign, they could look for a sign and trade exchange with OKC. However, the better deal (if Durrant signs) would be to trade Griffith for some extra pieces but those pieces could not bring back much salary. In other words, they are looking for young guys on rookie contracts and picks, not pricey pieces like Gallo or Faried. Also they would look for a team that could absorb Griffith's contract using its cap space and the Nuggets could do that. Barton would fit the bill along with draft picks. You are not trying to match salary to pull off this deal. Clippers might also lose some of their Bird free agents. Think Crawford here.

If Durant signs with the Clips look for a cheap deal to grab Griffith.

Interesting (still not a fan of Griffin but he's got made skills) - If the Clippers sign Durrant, they probably won't be looking for draft picks to develop. They will probably be looking to win now. If they can't show Durrant a plan to win now, he probably won't sign with them. Even trading Griffin won't give them max salary space - not even if they take back just picks. Their best bet to clear Durrant-space is to dump Green, Redick, Crawford, and Pierce. That clears $24 million or so, if they don't take anything back. Have a fire sale and trade them for any draft pick. Starting lineup of Jordan-Griffin-Durrant-somebody-Paul would be deadly - but they wouldn't have much of a bench. Just don't see the Clippers getting Durrant, which means they probably won't want to trade Griffin. But maybe there's a way they can do it.

What does "Think Crawford here" mean? Denver doesn't need another SG and Crawford's 36. I must be missing something there.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#1344 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:59 pm

bdpecore wrote:As a Milwaukee fan, I am really interested in trading for Harris and having him start next to point Giannis. What would Denver be interested in a trade for him outside of Giannis, Parker and Middleton? Would a future 1st (2018) with top 3 protection be enough? Bucks could also take back a bad contract if necessary. Thoughts?

No, Harris has more value than a mid-round 1st and we're good on cap space. Thanks for the interest though
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#1345 » by The Rebel » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:04 pm

Mac1958 wrote:It looks like I'm the minority on this, but I don't see the attraction to Gallinari.

Games played per season since being traded to Denver: 62, 43, 71, 59, 53.

Shooting percentages per season since being traded to Denver: 41.4%, 41.4%, 41.8%, 40.1%, 41.0%.

With all the young talent on this team, I'd move Gallinari, Chandler and Faried if at all possible.

Gallo gets to the line and hits free throws at a very high rate, putting him well above league average efficiency, also he shoots plenty of 3s. Overall looking at shooting percentages does not tell you how effective a player is on offense, but stats like TS%, Per, and offensive rating do show how effective a guy is.

The problem with moving all the veterans is that this team needs veterans that have won in the past, the last thing this team needs is to go like the 76ers have the last 2 years where they may have talent but it has shown no improvement.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1346 » by The Rebel » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:06 pm

TunaFish wrote:The Clippers are after Durant but have no cap room; that is the core of any interest in moving Griffith. If Durant were to sign, they could look for a sign and trade exchange with OKC. However, the better deal (if Durrant signs) would be to trade Griffith for some extra pieces but those pieces could not bring back much salary. In other words, they are looking for young guys on rookie contracts and picks, not pricey pieces like Gallo or Faried. Also they would look for a team that could absorb Griffith's contract using its cap space and the Nuggets could do that. Barton would fit the bill along with draft picks. You are not trying to match salary to pull off this deal. Clippers might also lose some of their Bird free agents. Think Crawford here.

I doubt the Nuggets give up any assets for a guy who can and reportedly will walk in a year, and they are stupid if they do considering this team is not a contender this year with or without Griffin.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1347 » by The Rebel » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:17 pm

bdpecore wrote:As a Milwaukee fan, I am really interested in trading for Harris and having him start next to point Giannis. What would Denver be interested in a trade for him outside of Giannis, Parker and Middleton? Would a future 1st (2018) with top 3 protection be enough? Bucks could also take back a bad contract if necessary. Thoughts?

I don't see anything else on the roster that would be of interest to the Nuggets outside of those 3, they do not need to dilute talent they need a consolidation trade, and I do not see a 1st 2 years from now having much value from the Bucks. Also the Nuggets do not have any bad contracts outside of Nelson which is a whole $4,5 million a year for the next 2 years.
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Post#1348 » by Mac1958 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:52 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Mac1958 wrote:It looks like I'm the minority on this, but I don't see the attraction to Gallinari.

Games played per season since being traded to Denver: 62, 43, 71, 59, 53.

Shooting percentages per season since being traded to Denver: 41.4%, 41.4%, 41.8%, 40.1%, 41.0%.

With all the young talent on this team, I'd move Gallinari, Chandler and Faried if at all possible.

Gallo gets to the line and hits free throws at a very high rate, putting him well above league average efficiency, also he shoots plenty of 3s. Overall looking at shooting percentages does not tell you how effective a player is on offense, but stats like TS%, Per, and offensive rating do show how effective a guy is.

The problem with moving all the veterans is that this team needs veterans that have won in the past, the last thing this team needs is to go like the 76ers have the last 2 years where they may have talent but it has shown no improvement.
Yeah, I can see that. I just hope we can maintain cap flexibility, give the young guys minutes and get some real value from the vets at the same time.

Balancing act.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#1349 » by TunaFish » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:44 pm

The Rebel wrote:

I doubt the Nuggets give up any assets for a guy who can and reportedly will walk in a year, and they are stupid if they do considering this team is not a contender this year with or without Griffin.

You would not want to give up much, that is true. So how valuable is Barton, with Gallo and Chandler back and 2 new shooting guards?
Canned in Denver.
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach
And1: 2,296

Post#1350 » by Nuggets_Talk » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:03 am

skywalker33 wrote:The Ringer is suggesting the Nuggets may try to obtain Blake Griffin again, this time offering Gallo/Barton/Lauvergne. On a one year contract, he could decline his option and walk. However, Gallo could do the same after this year so that minimizes the risk a bit. However, if Blake likes what he sees in the year with the Nuggets, we should have the money to resign him and perhaps another big-time FA (Gallo, wouldn't that be ironic ). We'd also have 2 decent #1's, the MEM should be a lottery pick given the Griffin addition should be able to propel us into the playoffs and MEM looks like the best bet to fall out. It wouldn't detract from our core or the future but it would further undermine our capacity to acquire FA's if Blake were to leave.

Thoughts on if you'd do this deal ?

without an extension, I wouldnt offer much for blake. if they will take barton, faried and joff then sure. other than that, im not giving up anything for a one year rental.
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach

Post#1351 » by Nuggets_Talk » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:05 am

MidMountain wrote:I expect a big trade at the deadline. A team that had playoff hopes at the beginning of the year may look to start rebuilding and trade us an all-star for a collection of young assets / picks. Other teams will have a good read on Gallo / Chandler's health.

at some point we do have do a consolidation trade. but better to be a little patient and wait for other teams to get desperate. there will be better opportunities than overpaying for blake for a one year rental
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach

Post#1352 » by Nuggets_Talk » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:06 am

I would probably pass on that. probably ends up being a late lotto or mid first round pick. not sure why we would give up harris so early for an average pick couple years from now.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1353 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:23 am

Nuggets_Talk wrote:

I would probably pass on that. probably ends up being a late lotto or mid first round pick. not sure why we would give up harris so early for an average pick couple years from now.

Agree with Nuggets_Talk and I just wanted to add that Denver doesn't need to dump bad contracts, they are well below the salary cap floor, so if anything, they could take on a large contract - on the right deal.
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach

Post#1354 » by Nuggets_Talk » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:23 am

good point. we actually need to spend more money, not dump salaries.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1355 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:11 am

Nuggets_Talk wrote:good point. we actually need to spend more money, not dump salaries.

What a predicament! LOL

We aren't going to get a top-20 FA. Obviously we probably don't want a guard unless we trade Nelson. A third PG is essential these days. Signing a SF FA would be a third string??? Not sure any SF FA will want to sign with the Nuggets. If Hernangomez is on the team, and little indicators say he probably will; then we have Faried plus Hernangomez plus a few minutes from Jokic-Lauvergne and a few minutes from Gallinari-Chandler. It seems unlikely a PF FA will want to sign with the Nuggets.

Guess we'll have to trust Connelly to figure out how to make a trade that benefits us plus adds some salary - sounds crazy but this is an unusual year. Or the Nuggets can sign Arthur to a $10 mil contract for one year + one year team option. I wouldn't mind that.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#1356 » by skywalker33 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:08 pm

So tell me, what does Durant, Curry, Butler, Dirk, Green, Cousins, etc have in common besides being Stars ??? The all started out being draft picks. All were talents who developed INTO stars. We have some intriguing draft picks as well, lets see what they can turn into before trading them for any of these stars
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1357 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:14 pm

Totally OK with keeping Jokic-Nurkic-Lauvergne-Hernangomez-Harris-Barton-Beasley-Mudiay-Murray and Faried-Gallinari-Chandler-Nelson for now. We could even resign Arthur & Miller or maybe Toupane & Sampson to fill the roster or maybe someone else. But as I understand it, and I'm rather uncertain on this, if the Nuggets don't reach the salary cap floor then everything between their total salary level and the floor is divided up between the current players??? They could always give Miller a big contract as a thank you and maybe he'd stick around after that contract was over.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#1358 » by City of Trees » Sat Jul 9, 2016 6:43 am

Nuggets fans! How's Mike Malone treating you? I've talked to Mike on a few occasions when he was the coach in Sacramento and I've gotta say he's a nice guy. Hope it's working for yall.

So I've been thinking of teams who could be a trade partner for Rudy Gay.

Ok now that your initial ugh reaction is over, why don't we think about this for a minute. If Denver was really interested in Wade I'd have to think a part of Denver would be open to a scorer like Gay. Plus Gay is a Mike Malone fan and vice versa.

So here is my trade and I would need your help with adding parts needed to make it fair.

Rudy Gay/? For Wilson Chandler/?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1359 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Jul 9, 2016 12:13 pm

City of Trees wrote:Nuggets fans! How's Mike Malone treating you? I've talked to Mike on a few occasions when he was the coach in Sacramento and I've gotta say he's a nice guy. Hope it's working for yall.

So I've been thinking of teams who could be a trade partner for Rudy Gay.

Ok now that your initial ugh reaction is over, why don't we think about this for a minute. If Denver was really interested in Wade I'd have to think a part of Denver would be open to a scorer like Gay. Plus Gay is a Mike Malone fan and vice versa.

So here is my trade and I would need your help with adding parts needed to make it fair.

Rudy Gay/? For Wilson Chandler/?

There have been plenty of Gay for Gallinari offers and this amounts to about the same thing. Gay isn't much of an upgrade, if any at all and the Nuggets are fairly happy with Chandler. Who knows how team chemistry would be affected, if at all? With Gallinari & Chandler at SF, trades are possible but they'll have to be a bigger improvement than that, I suspect. Thanks for the interest though.
HopsandBarley
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#1360 » by HopsandBarley » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:45 pm

Is Nurkic available? If he is could a trade be worked out with Boston?

Return to Denver Nuggets