ImageImageImage

Exploration of Trade

Moderator: THE J0KER

Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Re: Exploration of Trade 

Post#41 » by Powder Blue » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:26 pm

Ya'll dog me and say Gasol is old and washed up and u wanna bring KG a mile high?!
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#42 » by pickIBL » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:43 pm

I think in the right deal there are several posters that would be open to the concept of Gasol. It takes some time to get used to such an change... but if we start moving for vets we gotta go balls to the wall to win now.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
Powder Blue
Analyst

Post#43 » by Powder Blue » Fri Feb 1, 2013 7:56 pm

We are playing pretty well right now, no need to get too crazy. At the end of the day GK is still the coach.

How about Brewer/Moz for JJ? Maybe throw in a pick too.

Great shooter and he'd light it up, plus teams couldn't pack the paint on us.
um.
Junior
And1: 78

Post#44 » by um. » Fri Feb 1, 2013 9:39 pm

I can't imagine losing Brewer, He brings consistent hustle off of our bench. If anyone gets traded it would have to be Iggy, Chandler, Mozgov, or JHam...I think everyone else is safe. McGee won't be traded, he is starting to become the main reason why anyone even watches nuggets games. SO what do you all think of

Iggy, Chandler, Mozgov, and JHam

for Pierce and Garnett.
Powder Blue
Analyst

Post#45 » by Powder Blue » Sat Feb 2, 2013 6:32 pm

um. wrote:I can't imagine losing Brewer, He brings consistent hustle off of our bench. If anyone gets traded it would have to be Iggy, Chandler, Mozgov, or JHam...I think everyone else is safe. McGee won't be traded, he is starting to become the main reason why anyone even watches nuggets games. SO what do you all think of

Iggy, Chandler, Mozgov, and JHam

for Pierce and Garnett.

Another get older and slower trade :roll:
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,115

Post#46 » by eathb_au » Sat Feb 2, 2013 10:55 pm

Just McGee for KG is fine.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#47 » by pickIBL » Sat Feb 2, 2013 11:47 pm

Agreed with above. The move gives Faried an opportunity to play alongside a champion and helps with our long-term flexibility to make sure Faried stays a Denver Nugget.
corona
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 234

Post#48 » by corona » Tue Feb 5, 2013 12:23 am

Powder Blue wrote:Ya'll dog me and say Gasol is old and washed up and u wanna bring KG a mile high?!

gasol plays soft, isn't the defender that KG is and doesn't have the jumpshot either.

KG can't help but play with intensity and passion, no matter how old he is. gasol has always left something to be desired there, and i suspect he won't become more energetic with age.

i'd do mcgee for kg straight up or kg & lee for mcgee & brewer in a second.

eathb_au wrote:Koufos / Mozgov
Garnett / Faried
Gallinari / Chandler
Iguodala / Lee
Lawson / Miller

nah, pretty sure we'd go with the smaller starters...but still play koufos decent minutes off the bench.

garnett/koufos/moz
faried/chandler
gallo/chandler
iguodala/lee
lawson/miller

that's nice. garnetts jumper would spread the court better, and it'd be a heck of a defensive starting lineup.
darivo
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#49 » by darivo » Tue Feb 5, 2013 11:58 am

garnett/koufos/moz
faried/chandler
gallo/chandler
iguodala/lee
lawson/miller

you forget that Wilson can play in SG position too

i would sign with blood this trade
Powder Blue
Analyst

Post#50 » by Powder Blue » Wed Feb 6, 2013 4:35 am

Doubt KG would waive the no-trade clause to come out here.

Masai and the Kron's probably won't swing for the fences before the deadline. Moz for scraps or Moz+??? for a role-player.
eathb_au
Analyst

Post#51 » by eathb_au » Sat Feb 9, 2013 11:30 am

Not sure if anyone has saw Andre Miller's recent comments but very disappointing.
Powder Blue
Analyst

Post#52 » by Powder Blue » Sat Feb 9, 2013 4:19 pm

eathb_au wrote:Not sure if anyone has saw Andre Miller's recent comments but very disappointing.

Link?

Are you referring to him saying something about a star being needed to win in the playoffs? Heard them mention it on TNT but haven't read it. He's keepin it real, that's all.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#53 » by pickIBL » Sat Feb 9, 2013 4:44 pm

I respect where Andre Miller is coming from but he is not going to be traded. We look great running over teams now but in a 7 game series the game slows down and then we start showing our flaws. Miller wants more time, wants to play on a more balanced (paced) contending team, and came just short of asking to be traded.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... trade-him/
torotoe
Sixth Man
And1: 184

Post#54 » by torotoe » Sat Feb 9, 2013 6:28 pm

pickIBL wrote:I respect where Andre Miller is coming from but he is not going to be traded. We look great running over teams now but in a 7 game series the game slows down and then we start showing our flaws. Miller wants more time, wants to play on a more balanced (paced) contending team, and came just short of asking to be traded.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... trade-him/

Miller too has flaws, and they don't go away in the playoffs. We have a competent PG in Lawson, we do not need Miller. At best, he is a crutch who can't shoot or play D. IMO masai should trade him.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#55 » by pickIBL » Sat Feb 9, 2013 7:51 pm

Lawson is the fastest PG end to end in the NBA... and Andre Miller is aging this is true. But if we are talking just plain puting the ball in the basket Miller is at 48% and Lawson @ 43%.

And that in a nutshell is my biggest beef with Lawson. Miler can't shoot the ball well from the outside, he is not athletic, and he is able to convert at a higher rate than Lawson. John Stockton was the exact same way. Not an athlete at all, not a big outside shooter... yet still he was 52% from the field on his career. in 88 Stockton had Lawson minutes and Lawson scoring on 57% from the field. So there is something to shot selection, High IQ, and pace.

I love Lawson but Miller knows that Nuggets need to learn to execute in the 1/2 court to be contenders. He is correct. And that's why I am so for the KG move. We don't have a great 1/2 court guy that can get his right now.
darivo
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#56 » by darivo » Sat Feb 9, 2013 7:52 pm

Wow...... i don't expect this from André Miller.......

No problem.

We have a 1 of 3 centers to trade (Moz maybe). Trade him with Dré and get a good PG
eathb_au
Analyst

Post#57 » by eathb_au » Sat Feb 9, 2013 9:41 pm

My problem with Miller is that he's a damn awful fit to do the 2 PG lineup next to Ty. And his incredibly lazy defense as well.
torotoe
Sixth Man
And1: 184

Post#58 » by torotoe » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:28 am

pickIBL wrote:Lawson is the fastest PG end to end in the NBA... and Andre Miller is aging this is true. But if we are talking just plain puting the ball in the basket Miller is at 48% and Lawson @ 43%.

And that in a nutshell is my biggest beef with Lawson. Miler can't shoot the ball well from the outside, he is not athletic, and he is able to convert at a higher rate than Lawson. John Stockton was the exact same way. Not an athlete at all, not a big outside shooter... yet still he was 52% from the field on his career. in 88 Stockton had Lawson minutes and Lawson scoring on 57% from the field. So there is something to shot selection, High IQ, and pace.

Lawson has been a very high FG% player except this year. His TS% and eFG% are barely worse than Miller's this year, and for the past few months Lawson has been efficient. Ty's career .570 TS% is considered excellent as are his other percentages, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. Miller is a .531 TS% shooter career.

I love Lawson but Miller knows that Nuggets need to learn to execute in the 1/2 court to be contenders. He is correct. And that's why I am so for the KG move. We don't have a great 1/2 court guy that can get his right now.

I'm glad you mentioned this. I'll give you the reasons I think Miller is detrimental to our mid and long-term success in the half court.
1. The nuggets need better lineups with more balance. Miller is a crutch that allows Karl to play bad- no, awful lineups.
2. The Nuggets offense needs spacing to have space for our slashers to do their work.
3. The nuggets need smarter/more effective play calling. If they have a competent, well rounded group of 5, they can execute without andre. He is a CRUTCH that allows Karl to skate by without effective play calling IMO.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#59 » by pickIBL » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:02 am

torotoe wrote:
pickIBL wrote:3. The nuggets need smarter/more effective play calling. If they have a competent, well rounded group of 5, they can execute without andre. He is a CRUTCH that allows Karl to skate by without effective play calling IMO.

First, I am merely giving credit to Andre Miller for being a savvy vet that knows how the playoffs work. I'm not on a Miller bandwagon or anything. Just he knows the Nuggets need a 1/2 court game... and the rest of the staff/team ignores it.

I like advanced stats a lot... however by the numbers I presented I was talking about Lawson only this year. And you used advanced stats to wiggle around how Ty Lawson's shot selection could improve. The thing is if you give John Stockton Lawson's natural ability that would be insane. Lawson at 5'11 plays above the rim...

And the highlighted point above is dead on. Karl has used his decent ability to manage big NBA stars to skate by in this league. Now that we have a team full of really good players and no HUGE names... his schemes come up short. So Ty & the neverending fast break regardless if anything is there is the offense.
Powder Blue
Analyst

Post#60 » by Powder Blue » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:01 am

Dre has missed 4 games his whole career?!

He isn't going anywhere, his minutes will go up as the season concludes and he'll get his burn in the playoffs. He's not perfect but he's the best bench PG in the league.

Return to Denver Nuggets