ImageImageImage

Exploration of Trade

Moderator: THE J0KER

um.
Junior
And1: 78

Exploration of Trade 

Post#1 » by um. » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:52 am

just wondering about some fringe star players that can put this team on another level.

Couple names that come to mind that may be available.

Rudy Gay
Brandon Jennings
Monta Ellis
Danny Granger
Josh Smith
Gasol

Feel free to add more names.

Personally I would love to see Jennings in a Nuggets Uniform.
and i would pull the trigger on a Lawson Jennings trade...just sayin. no hate on Lawson.

The real question is
How can this team get any better?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: Exploration of Trade 

Post#2 » by The Rebel » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:36 pm

Jennings is not a guy I would want anywhere near my team, people bitch about Lawson, just wait until you have a pg shooting 5 more times a game and only hitting 40% of his shots. Not to mention the fact that Jennings is a considerably worse passer and likes to have the ball in his hands more, fact is if the Nuggets are going to play Miller as much as they do, as well as having Gallo and Iggy start and their need to have the ball in their hands as much as they do, then the last thing the Nuggets need is a pg that has to have the ball in his hands all the time.

Gay would be okay, but he is overpaid, and I don't see the Nuggets adding that kind of payroll.

Ellis is another guy that would be a nightmare to add to this team, he is another guy that wants the ball in his hands all the time, and does nothing more then score.

Granger is another guy that would be okay, but he has been out with a major injury most of this season, plus what do you do with all the other SFs if you bring in someone to start at SF.

Josh Smith is someone I would not touch, undersized pf that has long had attitude problems, and struggles on offense?

Gasol, I personally hope you mean Marc Gasol because Pau Gasol is done. It is not just the system after the last couple of years it is easy to see he is starting his decline and he makes $19 million a year. Not a good idea,

Fact is adding a name player that is not good enough to carry his current team is not going to save the Nuggets, right now they are improving their win percentage, but their other problem is effort for the full game and their lack of outside shooting. Bringing in a bunch of guys with suspect outside shooting and/or history of not giving full effort is no way to fix those problems. Not to mention the payroll and roster implications of the guys out there who would help.
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,115

Post#3 » by eathb_au » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:14 pm

I want to see this team acquire a dead eye shooter, a proven one and if possible one that can create his own shot off the dribble or is a good defender.

This team seems to have a lot set in stone to succeed and become an elite team but lacks the shooters that the actual elite teams have.

Some players I think we can get:
J.J. Reddick
Jared Dudley
Ben Gordon
Gerald Henderson
Courtney Lee
Yoga
Banned User
And1: 83

Post#4 » by Yoga » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:38 pm

JJ Redick would be perfect off the bench
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by The Rebel » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:43 pm

eathb_au wrote:I want to see this team acquire a dead eye shooter, a proven one and if possible one that can create his own shot off the dribble or is a good defender.

This team seems to have a lot set in stone to succeed and become an elite team but lacks the shooters that the actual elite teams have.

J.J. Reddick
Jared Dudley
Ben Gordon
Gerald Henderson
Courtney Lee

This is a group I can get behind in trying to trade for, outside of Henderson who is shooting very well this season but has never shot outside very well prior to this, including in college.

A couple of other guys I would try for Golden State is rumored to want a starting SF and to get out of the tax this year, if chandler can show he is healthy and still a decent player I would gladly trade him and Mozgov for Barnes and Beidrens. He could be the scorer/shooter off the bench we need so desperately, and while Beidrens and his confidence have went to hell, he could be the 4th big on a team that only plays 3 bigs anyways.

Marcus thornton with the Kings also intrigues me as a scorer off the bench, his contract sucks, but if we could do something like Chandler and a pick or something for Thornton I think it would be worthwhile.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#6 » by pickIBL » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:46 pm

Wilson Chandler has to get out on the floor and show he can still play at a high level.

With Faried I don't see Josh Smith fitting in here. I don't mind him though as a basketball player at all. Frankly I miss AA and I don't think anyone listed could do what he did for us. Based on how much Iggy is making I'm not sure how much that trade has paid off for us so far.

I think the Warriors do make the ideal trading partner. Harrison Barnes would do okay off the bench for us and he'd get some burn because he's UNC. We could send them JaVale McGee & Brewer. I think in the longer run it makes sense more than short term. It opens up the opportunity for young guys Barnes & Hamilton off the bench. We get a big contract that expires next year. Biedrins is a headcase... I doubt we could fix him but with a change of environment who knows.

If we move McGee I would be in favor of calling up Tim Ohlbrecht from the D-League to compete with Mozgov for minutes.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Tim-Ohlbrecht-536/
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,115

Post#7 » by eathb_au » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:14 pm

The Rebel wrote:
eathb_au wrote:I want to see this team acquire a dead eye shooter, a proven one and if possible one that can create his own shot off the dribble or is a good defender.

J.J. Reddick
Jared Dudley
Ben Gordon
Gerald Henderson
Courtney Lee

This is a group I can get behind in trying to trade for, outside of Henderson who is shooting very well this season but has never shot outside very well prior to this, including in college.

A couple of other guys I would try for Golden State is rumored to want a starting SF and to get out of the tax this year, if chandler can show he is healthy and still a decent player I would gladly trade him and Mozgov for Barnes and Beidrens. He could be the scorer/shooter off the bench we need so desperately, and while Beidrens and his confidence have went to hell, he could be the 4th big on a team that only plays 3 bigs anyways.

Marcus thornton with the Kings also intrigues me as a scorer off the bench, his contract sucks, but if we could do something like Chandler and a pick or something for Thornton I think it would be worthwhile.

I would actually make a play for both Henderson and Gordon. Something like Chandler, Brewer and Mozgov for Henderson and Gordon which gives us 2 players off the bench that can create a shots for themselves. The risk is that I think Karl would actually be insane enough to use a lineup of Lawson-Miller-Gordon in the 4th quarter.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#8 » by TKF » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:18 pm

The Rebel wrote:

J.J. Reddick
Jared Dudley
Ben Gordon
Gerald Henderson
Courtney Lee

I like wilson a ton, but i the nuggs can get their hands on Barnes! that would be sweet... also what do you think of Eric gordon.. my problem with him is that he seems to be injury prone.. but when healthy he would be great at SG for the nuggs...
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#9 » by Maf » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:40 pm

To be honest terrible names... Jennings and Ellis no way. Such selfish ****... I like Josh Smith a lot. But he's gonna have better options and as was said with Faried (and Galo at SF) there is no place for him.
I think about shooter coming of the bench. Like Reddick. Or Hawks have Korver and Morrow. They could miss one of them.

2 Rebel: I wouldn't take Gasol's contract. And he plays really bad this season. But hey, this man is done? Summer 2012- 19 points +8 rebounds at Olympics. 24p+8r+7as against USA team. He still can play. Not for Lakers. But if he's payed 14-15 mil I'd take him in heartbeat.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
Maf
Starter

Post#10 » by Maf » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:44 pm

about Gordon. I don't know if he is injury prone. But I know since his rookie season he missed 133 of 267 games...

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#11 » by pickIBL » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:47 pm

When talking trades with all the young talent we currently have... I prefer the more long-term "down field" ideas. The GS Warriors are pretty much willing to sell the farm to get guys like Iggy or McGee. If Wilson Chandler can keep this up I think Iggy's fate is sealed. Iggy will probably take his option... but I don't see the Nuggets giving him the kind of money he wants. He could get moved.
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach
And1: 2,296

Post#12 » by Nuggets_Talk » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:32 pm

Yoga wrote:JJ Redick would be perfect off the bench

this
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Nuggets_Talk » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:42 pm

pickIBL wrote:When talking trades with all the young talent we currently have... I prefer the more long-term "down field" ideas. The GS Warriors are pretty much willing to sell the farm to get guys like Iggy or McGee. If Wilson Chandler can keep this up I think Iggy's fate is sealed. Iggy will probably take his option... but I don't see the Nuggets giving him the kind of money he wants. He could get moved.

which team offers iggy a huge deal?
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#14 » by pickIBL » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:30 pm

A big part of Iggys value to the Nuggets depends on what we see from Wilson Chandler going forward. It is harder for me to see Iggy passing up his option this summer. Which is why I can see the Nuggets trading him in July if Chandler played well for the club.
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach

Post#15 » by Nuggets_Talk » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:56 pm

iggy could pick up his option then sign a 4 year deal averaging 10-12 per. i think thats fair for both sides.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#16 » by pickIBL » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:24 pm

Nuggets_Talk wrote:iggy could pick up his option then sign a 4 year deal averaging 10-12 per. i think thats fair for both sides.

At the end of that contract he would be 33 so if he can stay healthy you can argue for that. Teams will offer more than 10 million a year though. How much more I don't know.

But warriors fans are throwing out names likes Thompson & Barnes... (for Iggy and Hamilton) much younger prospects that we could pair with Gallo, Chandler, Faried, Lawson, Koufos, & McGee.
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,602

Post#17 » by youngthegiant » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:48 pm

pickIBL wrote:A big part of Iggys value to the Nuggets depends on what we see from Wilson Chandler going forward. It is harder for me to see Iggy passing up his option this summer. Which is why I can see the Nuggets trading him in July if Chandler played well for the club.
I could see Denver falling in love with someone like shabbazz and moving iggy for him, doubt he leaves that much money on the table, and even if he does we would have a lot of capspace to go after someone.
Maf
Starter

Post#18 » by Maf » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:52 pm

Warriors fans can throw any names and it means ****. First- Barnes and Klay are Warriors future. Second- we can't have kindergarden of a team and expect great things of them.

pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#19 » by pickIBL » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:57 pm

trading into or up in this draft isn't a horrible idea. There is no obvious number 1 & 2 pick but there will be some prospects coming out of it.

To me making sure Faried gets paid down the road is important. I don't want McGee or Iggy in the way of that at all. Because I don't think Iggy is one of those guys that is going to age well like Kobe or Andre Miller. He loses a little bit of athleticism due to injury or age and he is basically getting paid 15 million dollars to waive a towel.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by The Rebel » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:25 am

Maf wrote:Warriors fans can throw any names and it means ****. First- Barnes and Klay are Warriors future. Second- we can't have kindergarden of a team and expect great things of them.

Nuggets have the 3rd youngest team in the league as is, yet that does not seem to be tempering expectations.

Maf wrote:
2 Rebel: I wouldn't take Gasol's contract. And he plays really bad this season. But hey, this man is done? Summer 2012- 19 points +8 rebounds at Olympics. 24p+8r+7as against USA team. He still can play. Not for Lakers. But if he's payed 14-15 mil I'd take him in heartbeat.

Oh yes the olympics, where guys like Mozgov look like future stars, the teams stay in their nice plush hotels without the nightly travel, or the back to backs, and nba quality athletes are few and far between. As for the USA SPain game, sure gasol played well, however one game does not change a trend, he has been trending downhill for 3 years, it is not hard to see he has lost a step.

also maybe you are young, I have days occasionally where I show the athlete I once was before I entered my mid 30s, and had a history of injuries, however those days become more and more rare as I age. Gasol may have the occasion big game, but that does not mean he is ever going to be the guy he was regardless of what team he is playing for.

Return to Denver Nuggets