donaldduck
Junior
And1: 47

*TRADE* - BOSTON/DENVER 

Post#1 » by donaldduck » Fri Jul 4, 2014 10:15 am

Denver Nuggets
In: Keith Bogans-SF, Joel Anthony-PF, Jeff Green-SF
Out: JaVale McGee-C, Wilson Chandler-SF

Reason: Bogans can be wavied and Anthony expires after the year. That frees up $9 million in much needed cap space. Green can become a solid swing forward that can play both small and power off the bench. McGee and Chandler are injury prone who carry large, long term contracts. Getting rid of them would be a blessing IMHO.

Denver Nuggets
PG- Ty Lawson/Nate Robinson
SG- Arron Afflalo/Randy Foye/Gary Harris
SF- Danilo Gallinari/Jeff Green/Quincy Miller
PF- Kenneth Faried/J.J. Hickson/Darrell Arthur
C- Timofey Mozgov/Joel Anthony
torotoe
Sixth Man
And1: 184

Re: *TRADE* - BOSTON/DENVER 

Post#2 » by torotoe » Fri Jul 4, 2014 11:52 am

Not a fan of this deal. I think that this trade makes the team worse. Why now? So long as McGee/Chandler are healthy we should be able to make a deal at the deadline (if necessary).

s it really that much more cap? Chandler has a 2m guaranteed final year and he is very tradable if TC wants to maneuver. McGee is paid 12m next year, while green has a player option for 9.2m.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#3 » by The Rebel » Fri Jul 4, 2014 12:10 pm

So McGee had 1 injury and now he is injury prone? Who are you going to sign with your $9 million dollars? Which is actually not going to produce usable cap space this year as the Nuggets are $10 million above the projected cap. Leaving the Nuggets with the exact same MLE as they have now.

I am fine with trading anybody on the team, but it is not going to be for some other teams trash, Green is a worse player than Chandler but is paid 25% more, Anthony is terrible and makes the team worse, so if you are going to do this you are downgrading the talent with no benefit for the Nuggets.
donaldduck
Junior

Post#4 » by donaldduck » Fri Jul 4, 2014 12:17 pm

Thank you for the feedback.

Right now the Nuggets are at best the 6th seed in the west. That doesn't scream title contender. If Denver could rid themselves of McGee and Chandler and take on less money I wouldn't mind. McGee is a 20 minute per night player and Chandler will only play 60 games a year.

When I look at this team I see 2015 as a great starting point for real championship success. Getting rid of McGee and Chandler would help that.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by The Rebel » Fri Jul 4, 2014 12:34 pm

So you want to throw away a young team that is looking like a possible 6th seed in order to do what? Real championship success, how are you going to accomplish that? Also if that is your goal than why trade players with value for players with no or negative value?
donaldduck
Junior

Post#6 » by donaldduck » Fri Jul 4, 2014 1:35 pm

The Rebel wrote:So you want to throw away a young team that is looking like a possible 6th seed in order to do what? Real championship success, how are you going to accomplish that? Also if that is your goal than why trade players with value for players with no or negative value?

The only one who can't be cut is Green and he can easily be flipped. I was only looking for a deal where Denver could unload contracts. McGee is a neg value and Chandler can only be a sweetner in a larger trade, a la Kevin Love.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by The Rebel » Fri Jul 4, 2014 1:42 pm

donaldduck wrote:
The Rebel wrote:So you want to throw away a young team that is looking like a possible 6th seed in order to do what? Real championship success, how are you going to accomplish that? Also if that is your goal than why trade players with value for players with no or negative value?

The only one who can't be cut is Green and he can easily be flipped. I was only looking for a deal where Denver could unload contracts. McGee is a neg value and Chandler can only be a sweetner in a larger trade, a la Kevin Love.

Mcgee was a productive player last time he was healthy and a net positive for the team, the only way his value goes down is if he is involved in a major scandal or cannot come back healthy, it makes no sense to dump him. Especially when guys like Chris Kaman are getting $5 million per year deals.

Also I disagree that Chandler is only a sweetener, he is a very good defensive player with some offensive skill, guys like him are making similar money and are in demand in the NBA. He can easily bring back a mid 1st round pick.
josh_nuggets
Junior
And1: 25

Post#8 » by josh_nuggets » Fri Jul 4, 2014 2:52 pm

Javalle is overpaid but he is an important part of the team
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#9 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jul 4, 2014 4:37 pm

I am not against it, but it does bring a couple things to mind.

1. Does that leave Hickson as our only backup center if Nurkic stays in Europe ? Not a fan of that idea.

2. I think we could get at least 1 of BOS's 8 #1's thrown into the deal, it would equalize the value more IMO. Adding McGee to BOS would give them veterans to a very young squad that could be just what they need.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach
And1: 2,296

Post#10 » by Nuggets_Talk » Fri Jul 4, 2014 6:01 pm

I feel like Boston fans would also hate this deal.
[EverGreen]
Junior
And1: 168

Post#11 » by [EverGreen] » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:59 am

Boston fan and I'd be on board with it.

I think there is some merit to the idea, the issue is that Denver has no need for Green. He is the sticking point. I think if the trade was just for cap room, then swap Green out for Bass.
fraanciiscoo
Head Coach
And1: 176

Post#12 » by fraanciiscoo » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:35 pm

+1

Return to Denver Nuggets