ImageImageImage

2014 Offseason Discussion

Moderator: THE J0KER

Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Re: 2014 Offseason Discussion 

Post#41 » by Powder Blue » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:13 pm

Well Mike Miller went to the Cavs, there goes our season.....
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,259

Post#42 » by RRFB » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:51 pm

Good. 3yrs/12mil would have been way to much for him. Anyone think we make a bid for Boozer? I could see it.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#43 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:29 pm

RRFB wrote:Good. 3yrs/12mil would have been way to much for him. Anyone think we make a bid for Boozer? I could see it.

And we need another PF ...why ?
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,259

Post#44 » by RRFB » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:38 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
RRFB wrote:Good. 3yrs/12mil would have been way to much for him. Anyone think we make a bid for Boozer? I could see it.

Why did we need another SF aka Mike Miller? I don't think that would have been a precursor to another move, I think TC just wants to fill out the bench with a veteran who has playoff experience. Not saying I want them to go after Boozer, but I wouldn't be surprised if we made a bid.
skywalker33

Post#45 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:59 pm

RRFB wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Why did we need another SF aka Mike Miller? I don't think that would have been a precursor to another move, I think TC just wants to fill out the bench with a veteran who has playoff experience. Not saying I want them to go after Boozer, but I wouldn't be surprised if we made a bid.

It would have to be a non-guaranteed, can't say I was happy with the prospect of Miller or Boozer for that matter, only FA I'd really like to see would be Brooks, at a position we need and he fit in/filled in well last year.

eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,115

Post#46 » by eathb_au » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:03 am

Our backup Pfs are Hickson and Arthur. Boozer is like twice the player so yes I would bid.
skywalker33

Post#47 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:44 am

eathb_au wrote:Our backup Pfs are Hickson and Arthur. Boozer is like twice the player so yes I would bid.

If we got him for vet min. AND traded away Hickson I'd be ok with it. Never liked what Boozer did to CLE, hard to trust someone like that. Always thought he was a selfish ME guy, not what I want on my Nuggets. But he would be great off the bench....but he'll want to go to a contender IMO so not something we'll probaby have to worry about.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#48 » by The Rebel » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:18 am

You have to be under the cap to bid on players, with so many teams under the cap I am sure someone will pick him up for next to nothing.
skywalker33

Post#49 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:12 am

The Rebel wrote:You have to be under the cap to bid on players, with so many teams under the cap I am sure someone will pick him up for next to nothing.

Rebel, you are just a plethora of information, good to have you on our side :nod:

josh_nuggets
Junior
And1: 25

Post#50 » by josh_nuggets » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:46 am

Unrelated to nuggets news, but I met the larry Obrien trophy and patrivk mills today, couldn't take pics inside room tho.... Only professsianal pics were taken.
Hotmayo
Bench Warmer
And1: 319

Post#51 » by Hotmayo » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:35 pm

I really like your guys squad this year. I think affalo was right and that you can contend for a championship this year
Hotmayo is an animal

Reggie Jackson Blows
StunnaStan
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#52 » by StunnaStan » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:32 pm

Why is it that people think Denver won't do anything this season? I read an article that tried to laugh off afflalo saying we're a championship contender. I feel like we've been the most under appreciated team since the carmelo trade.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using RealGM Forums mobile app
tstrick33
Junior
And1: 80

Post#53 » by tstrick33 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:58 am

Realistically I don't see us competing for a championship this year. We aren't on the same level as teams like the Spurs,OKC or even the Clippers, one of which we will have to beat in a 7 game series.

There are too many questions with our big men. Unless Nurkic turns out to be a beast down low, we are still very weak on low post offense.

While we still have a plethora of depth, we don't have a star leader. Ty's the closest but IMO, I think it's unrealistic to think he can lead us to a championship.

I also think our depth is going to inevitably lead to some conflict/team turmoil. I can't see Robinson or Foye being too happy when they see their playing time dramatically drop.

I do think we will be a playoff team and a tough first round out, but a championship would be a miracle. I wouldn't complain if it happened though.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by The Rebel » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:46 am

I also do not see the Nuggets as a championship team this year, now if Gallo comes back fully healthy playing at the best level he has ever played at, AAA comes back and works hard on both ends, Lawson and Faried take another small step, and McGee takes a step and everybody stays healthy, Not to mention guys actually quit worrying about the minutes and stats, I guess they could be. But that is just to many ifs for my tastes, personally I think they fight for the 6th seed or so.
skywalker33

Post#55 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:01 am

Well, I know it wasn't the best, but what was he supposed to say...."Wow, I think we can vy for 3rd in the division and MAY, JUST MAY get that 6th seed in the playoffs...." I can appreciate the confidence AAA displayed, hope he doesn't get ridiculed too much for having a little faith.

StunnaStan
Pro Prospect

Post#56 » by StunnaStan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:30 pm

Outside of San Antonio, all these teams and supposed contenders in the west, the nuggets beat them when they were healthy in all the season series. Golden State only beat us because our leading scorer got hurt. same thing happend to chicago when they lost to philly. The grizzlies were doing **** to begin the year when gasol was hurt and when he came back they picked it up. in the chicago and memphis example, they were each missing 1 player and it effected their teams tremendously. the nuggets didnt have their leading scorer for 82 games, starting center for 77 games, nate robinson 38 games, wilson chandler and ty lawson missed 20 games each, jj hickson and darrell arthur missed 14 games each. You cant name 1 team in the league that could have a good season if they had those same injuries at the same positions for the same amount of time that we did. What gets me is that people dont seem to take that into consideration when they speak on our team. I remember during the season, mike wooden blamed tyson chandlers injury as to why the knicks were struggling at 1 point in their season. And i watched msg and espn sincerely try to back those claims and its just bs. half the people that try to give their opinions on the nuggets dont even have nba league pass i feel like because if they were watching the games and keeping up with the team they'd know why we struggled last year and will be sucessful this season.
StunnaStan
Pro Prospect

Post#57 » by StunnaStan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:32 pm

Our starting center last season is going to be our backup power foward this year. The starting 2 guard from last season might fall to the end of the rotation this season.
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,115

Post#58 » by eathb_au » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:20 pm

Ideally, Hickson is a DNP player.

I don't even know how it is possible but the advanced metrics state that we are much better without him.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#59 » by The Rebel » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:36 pm

StunnaStan wrote:Outside of San Antonio, all these teams and supposed contenders in the west, the nuggets beat them when they were healthy in all the season series. Golden State only beat us because our leading scorer got hurt. same thing happend to chicago when they lost to philly. The grizzlies were doing **** to begin the year when gasol was hurt and when he came back they picked it up. in the chicago and memphis example, they were each missing 1 player and it effected their teams tremendously. the nuggets didnt have their leading scorer for 82 games, starting center for 77 games, nate robinson 38 games, wilson chandler and ty lawson missed 20 games each, jj hickson and darrell arthur missed 14 games each. You cant name 1 team in the league that could have a good season if they had those same injuries at the same positions for the same amount of time that we did. What gets me is that people dont seem to take that into consideration when they speak on our team. I remember during the season, mike wooden blamed tyson chandlers injury as to why the knicks were struggling at 1 point in their season. And i watched msg and espn sincerely try to back those claims and its just bs. half the people that try to give their opinions on the nuggets dont even have nba league pass i feel like because if they were watching the games and keeping up with the team they'd know why we struggled last year and will be sucessful this season.

I will agree with you that the major problem for the Nuggets were injuries last year, I think most Nuggets fans understand that, although those that watch ESPN or TNT seem to have no clue. However I also know that this team is full of injury prone guys, and guys who will have missed close to a full season from injuries. It is going to take Gallo and Mcgee time to get back to where they were prior to the injuries even if they come back fully healthy by the start of the season.

Also the regular season and playoffs are different games, in the playoffs teams have time to game plan and take away teams biggest strengths and figure out how to take advantage of their biggest weakness. So while it is nice to beat the best teams during the regular season, I would hate to see Shaw try to overcome a Popovich game plan with the way Shaw was coaching most of last season.

I see the Spurs and thunder being on a different level than the Nuggets last year, unless all of the Nuggets players take further steps to develop into their potential.

the next tier I view the
Clippers, Mavs, Trailblazers, Rockets, Warriors, Grizzlies, Suns, and Nuggets all fighting for the 3rd through 10th slots. I believe that if everything goes right for the Nuggets they end up 3rd, if everything goes wrong (like they did last year) they end up 10th. More than likely I think they end up somewhere around 5-7 because not everything is going to go right, but hopefully some things will. From there depending on health I can see them making the 2nd round.

If they can do that then 1 year from now we will know exactly where the team stands, and who is going to be effective long term and who is not worth keeping. However I am still of the opinion that the Nuggets should do some kind of consolidation trade, even if it means renting Love for the year, if they are relatively healthy and keep the right pieces, the team will be very close to contender and much harder to walk away from this year.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#60 » by The Rebel » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:42 pm

eathb_au wrote:Ideally, Hickson is a DNP player.

I don't even know how it is possible but the advanced metrics state that we are much better without him.

He is inefficient and slows down the offense on a team that needs efficiency to be effective, and is terrible on defense,

Return to Denver Nuggets