Moderator: THE J0KER

Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

2014 Nuggets Camp Talk 

Post#1 » by Powder Blue » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:12 pm

Camp starts today!

Nuggets trying to add Alonzo Gee

The Nuggets already have 13 players on guaranteed deals, with Quincy Miller and Erick Green on partially guaranteed contracts. That means those two, along with training camp invites Marcus Williams and Joe Alexander (and possibly Gee, now) will be fighting for the final two spots. The team can carry 17 players on their roster through training camp and in the preseason, but they must whittle it down to 15 before the start of the regular season.

Any interest in Gee may seem odd on its face, given the Nuggets are already well-stocked at the wing. They re-acquired Arron Afflalo in a draft-day trade, selected Gary Harris in the draft, already have Randy Foye and Wilson Chandler, and will welcome back Danilo Gallinari from injury.

But Gee’s benefits to the Nuggets are three-fold. Gallinari hasn’t played an NBA game in a year and half after two knee surgeries, so the addition of Gee would likely be insurance for the Nuggets as they wait to see how reliable, and healthy, Gallo really is in his return.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/201 ... gee/11552/
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Re: 2014 Nuggets Camp Talk 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:26 pm

The interest in Gee just keeps fueling my speculation that they are looking to deal Chandler. Can't say I'm a big fan of Gee, but he has been a useful defender and shown he can come off the bench and play a role. I could see Foye moving over to the PG to replace Green and Gee play some swing guard/small forward for us. Then if WC is traded we could move Gee up to SF and resign Green.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
tylaw_3
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#3 » by tylaw_3 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:51 am

big fan of Qmiller. Like his blocks and steals for his position. His shooting is a work in progress, but combine his athleticism with promising summer league and i'd be bummed to see him cut for Alonzo Gee
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#4 » by skywalker33 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:16 pm

Alonzo Gee just signed, the TC has brought in a some competition, let's see where the fire starts first.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Powder Blue
Analyst

Post#5 » by Powder Blue » Thu Oct 2, 2014 12:13 pm

Sounds like the big 4 coming off injury (Gallo, Nate, McGee and JJ) will practice every other day in pairs. 2 one day and 2 the other.

I've seen clips of Gallo and Nate, I feel confident they will come along fine but a set-back is always possible. McGee's whole injury and time out has been a mystery to me. Guess we'll see when they start playing.
Powder Blue
Analyst

Post#6 » by Powder Blue » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:47 pm

They are being pretty cautious with the ACL's, doesn't sound like any of those guys will get extended minutes anytime soon.

McGee still has soreness related to his stress fracture....like 11 months later. That contract is looking worse and worse the more I hear he's still not healthy.

Return to Denver Nuggets