ImageImageImage

My plan for the Future...and Beyond !!

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#1 » by skywalker33 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:07 am

1. Trade Chandler/LAWSON..let Foye and Arthur walk.... trade Hickson if available, else let him walk after the 2016 season. I feel LAWSON's value alone could get us into the top 3 if we miss out on the lottery. Chandler should be traded for future 1st to help build us a contender.

2. DEFINITELY go after 1a) Russell or 1b) Mudiay, someone to replace Lawson. The 2016 and 2017 drafts are heavy with front court players and some nice SG's, but few PG's get a great one to build around even if it costs up another down year. Build the bond between Nurkic and his new PG while building a contender. This is going to be a two year process at least, the West is that stacked.

3. Keep Faried, try to rebuild his trade value. Nurkic, Gallo and and Faried will be a decent 2015/16 starting front court, but Faried isn't really liked/appreciated by the FO, he's pouted and slacked off this year, not what you want from the face of the franchise. There are a few teams (and select) teams that he should be traded to, but he does have value we can utilize to improve. I personally think it is too early to acquire expensive free agent talent, it will turn us back into a treadmill team unless we can get a superstar.

4. Re-sign Barton as a backup SG/SF, from what I've see he gives us size as a backup and could be good value off the bench

5. Absolutely bring Jokic over, let this team start to grow and develop some chemistry.

We will likely have a high 2016 draft pick (top 5 at least again), plus the POR pick and probably another from the Chandler or Faried trade PLUS a ton of cap space to work with, especially with the CBA cap increasing.
Then in 2017 we will have another 2-3 1st round picks.

Russell/Nelson
Harris/Barton
Gallo/ Gee ?? Miller ??
Faried/Lauvergne
Nurkic/Jokic/Hickson

Russell/Kris Dunn (POR 1st)
Harris/Barton
Harrison Barnes (FA) /Gallo (resign)/ Gee ?/ Miller ??
Ben Simmons/Lauvergne
Nurkic/Jokic/Guven ( Faried 1st)

Plus we have 2-3 1st in 2017 depending on if we have to move up for Simmons in 2016. THIS is a team that should do some damage in the 2016 Playoffs and beyond. e utilize the talent we currently have to transform into this.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Re: My plan for the Future...and Beyond !! 

Post#2 » by pickIBL » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:45 pm

Keep Lawson and Faried. Draft Hezonja. Get a coach that wants to coach those 3 guys.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
tstrick33
Junior
And1: 80

Post#3 » by tstrick33 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:54 pm

If the Kings are serious about Lawson, that will cost them their 1st round pick which would give us two picks almost guaranteed to be in the top 10. Also gives us great odds at getting a top 3.

If I'm TC that would be too hard to pass up, especially with Jameer looking like he would be interested in re-signing. Jameer would be a much better mentor to young guys than Ty.

I think the Nuggets build the future in this draft.
skywalker33

Post#4 » by skywalker33 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:25 pm

tstrick33 wrote:If the Kings are serious about Lawson, that will cost them their 1st round pick which would give us two picks almost guaranteed to be in the top 10. Also gives us great odds at getting a top 3.

If I'm TC that would be too hard to pass up, especially with Jameer looking like he would be interested in re-signing. Jameer would be a much better mentor to young guys than Ty.

I think the Nuggets build the future in this draft.

Have to agree that Lawson should be moved for that, if we got a top three with our pick I would be ecstatic. Pick up Russell and Herzonja and not worry about our backcourt or outside shooting for years to come !

skywalker33

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 9:33 pm

So if I'm that far off, give me you plan......

StunnaStan
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#6 » by StunnaStan » Tue Mar 3, 2015 3:26 pm

Faried is not good. He isn't any better now than he was rookie year. Off the bench he's a luxury but starting, let alone next to nurkic, we'll get torched by bigs every night
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Post#7 » by Powder Blue » Tue Mar 3, 2015 3:58 pm

I don't think the plan is terrible.....but I think it's a pipedream to think that someone with a pick higher than ours (1-5) is going want Lawson over whatever rookie they could take. I also doubt Sac would give us a 7ish pick for Lawson.
Powder Blue
Analyst

Post#8 » by Powder Blue » Tue Mar 3, 2015 4:00 pm

Lakers/Knicks might be in a "win-now" mode and take Lawson over their draft pick but idk...I guess it depends on how these top picks are rated, i'm not sure where they stand currently.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#9 » by TKF » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:55 pm

nice plan by the op. I do like the gallo, nurkic, faried front line, but honestly I would even try to upgrade faried if possible.

The nuggets need some talent off the bench. I like bartons Atleticism, but would like to upgrade the talent and depth. Guys like Harrison Barns, KJ MCdaniels, even kris middleton is the kind of talent I would looking at.

Also at guard, If the nuggs don't get one in the draft, I would start looking down the road at guys like Wroten from the sixers...
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#10 » by TKF » Tue Mar 3, 2015 8:02 pm

Powder Blue wrote:I don't think the plan is terrible.....but I think it's a pipedream to think that someone with a pick higher than ours (1-5) is going want Lawson over whatever rookie they could take. I also doubt Sac would give us a 7ish pick for Lawson.

as i said I like to upgrade farieds position and have him off the bench, but he will be an expensive 6th man.. LOL
skywalker33

Post#11 » by skywalker33 » Tue Mar 3, 2015 8:15 pm

Powder Blue wrote:I don't think the plan is terrible.....but I think it's a pipedream to think that someone with a pick higher than ours (1-5) is going want Lawson over whatever rookie they could take. I also doubt Sac would give us a 7ish pick for Lawson.

Well, was actually thinking Lawson plus our pick to move up, NYK &LAL would be targets

skywalker33

Post#12 » by skywalker33 » Tue Mar 3, 2015 9:31 pm

Please note, I do have us trading Faried, but at his present value (thanks and good riddance Shaw) he doesn't have a good ROI on any trades. Give him until next trade deadline to rebuild his value then try and get a #1 or whatever you can from another team like TOR or IND.

skywalker33

Post#13 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 3:16 am

BUMP.....right on schedule !! OK got Russell instead of Mudiay, but I'm am not infallible. I'll be providing lottery numbers soon :lol:

Powder Blue
Analyst

Post#14 » by Powder Blue » Wed Jul 1, 2015 3:33 am

I was right too!!
skywalker33

Post#15 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 6:55 pm

Looking how free agency has gone, I am convinced the two important parts of our continued rise out of mediocrity is good drafting and player development. Certainly like our last two drafts from TC and Kroenke, but still want more, Simmons, Labissiere and or Murray would be fine.

Return to Denver Nuggets