ImageImageImage

Worst team in the division 15-16?

Moderator: THE J0KER

StunnaStan
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Worst team in the division 15-16? 

Post#1 » by StunnaStan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:12 pm

Okc and Portland already have the jump on Denver. Utah is better than us atm and if the wolves get okafor, towns, or Stanley Johnson, they'll be better than the nuggets. What do yall think?
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Worst team in the division 15-16? 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:25 pm

I think at this moment you're stating the obvious...but with Hunt we're playing much better, to say we're the worst is just premature IMO. Even so, we have good players, who in the right system (Shaw didn't have a clue about that) I think we have talent enough to get back into the playoff hunt. We'll be adding a pretty good player from the draft as well, who's to say we can't rebound from a disappointing season ??
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,115

Post#3 » by eathb_au » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:29 am

Wouldn't say worst team but we're in the worst position.

When you ignore the development of players for two seasons and take nothing out of those seasons you're messing up the future. It took Utah 5 years to be where they are and the reality is that they are still a long way from being a playoffs team. Our rebuild will likely take that long as well (and it hasn't even started because the coaches we have refuse to do it even when we're trading our starting centers for nothing) so that could mean 7 years without a playoffs appearance, which is kinda sad to think about.
C-Melo Man
Junior
And1: 197

Post#4 » by C-Melo Man » Fri Apr 3, 2015 9:31 am

It'd be hard for me to believe that Denver will be worse than Minnesota & not compete with Utah. Denver has good players (Lawson, Galinari, Chandler, Faried, Nurkic), but really need that stand-out player to be a go-to target. The Nuggets also need to find out their identity. I have enjoyed the slight improvement under Melvin Hunt and would have no problem with him being the Nuggets head coach as he has been around long enough to have built relationships with the Nuggets roster utilizing them to their strengths. Denver needs to go back to being an up-tempo team whilst having a few half-court sets and up their defensive mentality. I can see the Nuggets go back to the playoffs, but at the same time, work will need to be done so they are not a first round punching bag again. Denver needs a solid SG with Afflalo gone, a backup C (NO MORE HICKSON AT C), & solidify the PF rotation (Faried, Hickson, Arthur, Lavauergne).
StunnaStan
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by StunnaStan » Fri Apr 3, 2015 2:57 pm

Other than drafting, we'd have to trade some sort of compilation of assets to get a go to guy because I don't see that type of player signing with Denver outright.

I will say that I'm quite upset we didn't get Brook lopez at the deadline with the way he has been playing.
skywalker33

Post#6 » by skywalker33 » Fri Apr 3, 2015 9:38 pm

SS, read that should Brook opt out, the Nuggets will have strong interest in him. I think he represents a strong post presence and could represent an incredible strength along with Nurkic and Jokic in the middle.

Seems it would also tell what our FA plans our by our draft choice. I see us going for outside shooting, either Herzonja or Porzingis. If we get lucky, either Towns or Russell

josh_nuggets
Junior
And1: 25

Post#7 » by josh_nuggets » Sat Apr 4, 2015 4:03 am

StunnaStan wrote:Other than drafting, we'd have to trade some sort of compilation of assets to get a go to guy because I don't see that type of player signing with Denver outright.

I will say that I'm quite upset we didn't get Brook lopez at the deadline with the way he has been playing.

what player Would u want to target via trade ?
StunnaStan
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by StunnaStan » Sat Apr 4, 2015 10:26 am

Getting Lopez would be a very worthwhile move. I'd say he's the most attainable star we could possibly land atm but will the fo be willing to overpay or stop over valuing current roster players?

As far as what players I'd like to trade for, I could brainstorm some names but lemme say that I would much rather trade for Draft picks. It's only the big markets like Chicago, ny, la, mia and couple others that lure In top free agents. Teams like Portland and okc have stars in which they drafted. If you draft a good player, they're locked in for 8 years automatically and 3 to 4 of those years your savings $ with them being on their rookie contract.

On the flip side, we can get players that are already in the league but if none of them are star's, we will just be overpaying a role player. We're kinda in that situation now to an extent.

But to answer your question, here's 6 names I wouldn't mind seeing in Denver. Jimmy butler, Paul milsap, monta Ellis*, brook Lopez, kj McDaniels*, demarcus cousins.

I pray that jameer, randy, darell, and jj are long gone.
skywalker33

Post#9 » by skywalker33 » Sun Apr 5, 2015 6:54 pm

Well, the way Lopez is playing, it's gonna be hard to convince him to come to Denver. We really don't have the kind of money necessary to lure him here if he opts out.

I can see Arthur, Foye and JJ gone asap, but until we get a decent backup PG to replace him, Jameer has to stay..

swinginhorseman
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#10 » by swinginhorseman » Sun Apr 5, 2015 7:17 pm

I think Utah is better than the wolves. I say Timberwolves
StunnaStan
Pro Prospect

Post#11 » by StunnaStan » Sun Apr 5, 2015 8:34 pm

The wolves should make a considerable jump in their rebuild if they end up with okafor or towns.

Return to Denver Nuggets