ImageImageImage

Trade ideas ??

Moderator: THE J0KER

RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,259

Trade ideas ?? 

Post#541 » by RRFB » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:33 am

Mudiay has great vision and passing skills but let's not act like he, a rookie point guard, is going to come in and immediately improve the numbers of everyone around him. Lawson's greatest attribute is his ability to facilitate, using his speed into the lane to draw in defenders then kick it back out to the perimeter. He hasn't been at the top of league in APG the last few years by accident. If anything, Gallo's (and the rest of the teams') numbers should drop off a bit as they build chemistry with their new point guard.

Is there anyway this messy situation actually makes it easier to trade Ty? All sorts of teams are coming out of the woodwork now, hoping to grab him in a bargain deal. Maybe that creates a bidding war, driving up his price in the long run? We probably won't get the kind of value we would have six months ago, but it could be easier to find and make a deal.
tstrick33
Junior
And1: 80

Re: Trade ideas ?? 

Post#542 » by tstrick33 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:48 am

In summer league I have seen Mudiay make some passes that Ty simply cannot due to a height difference. I know the game is different but I don't see any reason Mudiay doesn't impact our passing game from day 1. The court recognition comes to him naturally and will transfer immediately.

He's going to struggle with his scoring and will have to learn how finish at the rim, as well as working on his shot.

I'm sold on the guy and I think he might be the key to getting a big time free agent in 16. No one will want to come to Denver because no one is serious about winning right now, as long as we have Ty that stigma will stick with us. Guys will want to play for Mudiay, which is something you don't see with Ty.
Troubadour
RealGM
And1: 8,192

Post#543 » by Troubadour » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:12 pm

How do Nuggets fans feel about Faried? I don't see Nuggets games too often, but I'm always impressed by his motor. Does he have any offensive game outside of putbacks, dunks, and transition baskets? Can he pass?
BRIGGS
Analyst
And1: 128

Trade idea NY denver 

Post#544 » by BRIGGS » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:43 pm

Cleanthony Early for Eric Green
Vanilla Ice is the best rap artist of all time
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: Trade idea NY denver 

Post#545 » by The Rebel » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:07 pm

BRIGGS wrote:Cleanthony Early for Eric Green

Why?

I do not see any purpose for the Nuggets to do this, they need a 3rd PG and Green fits the bill
Logan18
Sophomore
And1: 23

Trade ideas ?? 

Post#546 » by Logan18 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:55 pm

BRIGGS wrote:Cleanthony Early for Eric Green
We already have 3 small forwards better than early.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#547 » by DaFan334 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:37 pm

It might be smart for the Nuggets to trade there TPE to the Cavs for Haywood and a pick and cut him if we don't plan on using the TPE. Easy way to get an asset for something I am doubtful we use.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#548 » by The Rebel » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:58 pm

DaFan334 wrote:It might be smart for the Nuggets to trade there TPE to the Cavs for Haywood and a pick and cut him if we don't plan on using the TPE. Easy way to get an asset for something I am doubtful we use.

I don't know how much of a pick they would be willing to give up, but I can see that being beneficial to the Cavs so it could happen.
nayyyyyyyyo09
Junior
And1: 68

Trade ideas ?? 

Post#549 » by nayyyyyyyyo09 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:50 pm

Nuggets are in a bad situation arm. They have so many players that it's gonna be hard to find trade partners that won't take advantage of them. Denver has over 15 players and must cut down so teams are going to offer mediocre picks for our decent guys. I feel a mini fire sale coming along soon and I think we have to make the best of it.

Den
JJ Hickson
Joey Dorsey
Det
Anthony Tolliver
2nd Rounder

Not much for us except a contract that isn't guaranteed and a second rounder. But Detroit bolsters it's bench back court with this so they would consider it and it'd be a mini salary dump
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#550 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:41 am

Really don't see the cap as being an big issue, more roster flexibility.

Current: $5.5-11.2 million in cap space, $2.8 million RE

Cap Holds: Will Barton ($1.2 million – R)

Roster count: 13 guaranteed, two non-guaranteed, one unsigned first-rounder (Emmanuel Mudiay)

Non-Guaranteed: Kosta Papanikolaou ($4.8 million), Erick Green ($845k)

Note: The Nuggets can get further under the cap if they cut Papanikolaou and Green

I believe there won't be any issue if we just decide to cut Dorsey, he's only making $1M and really doesn't change the locker room IMO. I'd rather sign/keep Ian Clark, but that's just me. I could easily see us trading Foye or Johnson
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
skywalker33

Post#551 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:13 pm

What would it take to get Evan Fournier back ?? He is a free agent after next season, perhaps he'd be a target in free agency ....

Marcalins
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#552 » by Marcalins » Sun Aug 2, 2015 5:47 pm

It may be something quite difficult to see, but if Papa is waived, so we get 10M free cap...
How would you guys see a trade including:

Denver: Hickson, Foye, Dorsey
Nets: Joe Johnson?
nayyyyyyyyo09
Junior
And1: 68

Trade ideas ?? 

Post#553 » by nayyyyyyyyo09 » Sun Aug 2, 2015 9:17 pm

Marcalins wrote:It may be something quite difficult to see, but if Papa is waived, so we get 10M free cap...

Id do it in a heart beat, he's a great guy to have around youngsters and would fit perfectly with Emmanuel who need a shooter next to him. Problem is, would Brooklyn do it
skywalker33

Post#554 » by skywalker33 » Sun Aug 2, 2015 9:56 pm

SlayOrNay wrote:
Marcalins wrote:It may be something quite difficult to see, but if Papa is waived, so we get 10M free cap...

Id do it in a heart beat, he's a great guy to have around youngsters and would fit perfectly with Emmanuel who need a shooter next to him. Problem is, would Brooklyn do it

While I like the value and realistic possibility of this deal, I doubt BKN would do it since they dropped D-Will from their roster. But more importantly, this deal keeps us on a treadmill. JJ would guarantee us a few more wins THIS season which diminish our draft pick. Even though we have the opportunity to swap picks with NYK, this would also open the door for BKN to drop out of the playoff race in the East so a double-whammy if the Knicks would get into the EC playoffs.

skywalker33

Post#555 » by skywalker33 » Thu Aug 6, 2015 5:22 am

What would you think of a Papa for Waiters trade ? Third team may have to be brought in but perhaps Dion would flourish in an up=tempo game ...

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#556 » by The Rebel » Thu Aug 6, 2015 2:55 pm

Waiters is a chucker who thinks he is a superstar and below average on defense, all things that go directly against what Malone reportedly wants to do, and personally I do not see what others seem to in him. He was bad in Cleveland and OKC, when asked to play within an actual offensive structure, and not just do what he wanted.
skywalker33

Post#557 » by skywalker33 » Fri Aug 7, 2015 12:06 am

Fair enough, just throwing it out there.....know SG is a bit of a weakness and Papa probably won't be seeing a lot of minutes behind Gallo and WC or getting many minutes at the PF position....

psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#558 » by psimanic1 » Fri Aug 7, 2015 8:44 pm

But Pappa for OJ Mayo would be nice...Pappa and Hickson for him would also be nice..
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#559 » by The Rebel » Fri Aug 7, 2015 10:57 pm

psimanic1 wrote:But Pappa for OJ Mayo would be nice...Pappa and Hickson for him would also be nice..

I would do that deal, but why would the Bucks, it seems to me they have plenty of forwards on their roster.
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 334

Post#560 » by Mac1958 » Sat Aug 8, 2015 9:58 am

Guys, look at our roster and compare it to the rest of the West. It's gonna be a lousy year and we're gonna end up in the lottery, maybe pretty high up.

We have a few interesting young players: Mudiay, Nurkic, Jokic, Lauvergne. The rest of the roster is mediocre at best. Let's watch the kids grow and look forward to getting a good infusion of talent in the draft. Marginal trades for marginal players aren't going to matter in the long run.

Return to Denver Nuggets