ImageImageImage

Trade ideas ??

Moderator: THE J0KER

No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: Trade ideas ?? 

Post#561 » by No-Man » Sun Aug 9, 2015 7:53 am

I'd try to trade Faried hard, but that's about it, the rest is good for your stage of rebuilding.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#562 » by psimanic1 » Sun Aug 9, 2015 8:26 am

Faried, Harris, HOU 1st for Kieff, Goodwin, PHO 1st
We also get some cap space, and we can maybe add Hickson there or Pappanikolau to free some spots on a roster.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#563 » by skywalker33 » Sun Aug 9, 2015 3:03 pm

psimanic1 wrote:Faried, Harris, HOU 1st for Kieff, Goodwin, PHO 1st
We also get some cap space, and we can maybe add Hickson there or Pappanikolau to free some spots on a roster.

I'd consider this if Morris didn't have major pending legal problems...;we just got rid of one drama queen, why get another ??
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
RenK
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#564 » by RenK » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:09 am

What do you guys think of picking up Jimmer since he was relased?we could get him cheap on a 1year min wage,his stock is at the lowest point...Malone could be his "savior"...Also take a look at Leo Westermann a French pg with great size and good potential he could be a great late 1st or 2nd round pick in the next draft,he will have a big season in my opinion...
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#565 » by The Rebel » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:34 am

I have always had my doubts about Jimmer, and now with him being cut by 4 teams I just do not believe he is ever going to make it in the NBA, especially with the rumor floating around that he refuses to change his game and wants to just be allowed to do what he wants like he did in college.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#566 » by MHZ » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:51 pm

The Kings are headed off a cliff - the smart move for them is to blow this thing up and go young. Hope to follow the path the T-Wolves are on.

I'd love to see the Nuggets get involved in some capacity.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,415

Post#567 » by Rapsfan07 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:01 am

How much for Gallo? I've been a fan a long time and I'd love to see him play for the Raptors
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#568 » by The Rebel » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:07 am

Rapsfan07 wrote:How much for Gallo? I've been a fan a long time and I'd love to see him play for the Raptors
I do not know where the rumors that the Nuggets are going to dump Gallo and prior to his injury Chandler. I don't see the Nuggets trading Gallo for less than an all star type return, they extended him and reportedly love him. Going into the season I think most Nuggets fans knew that they would struggle especially at the start of the season, given their brutal schedule through the end of December, most I know figured they would be at about a 35-40% winning percentage, or 12-14 wins be then and they would be happy. Right now they are on track to be right there, and that is without Nurkic being back who was supposed to be there for opening day, losing Chandler right before opening night, and all the injury problems. If anything they are going to continue developing the team as is, adding a young lotto pick with the kNicks pick, and probably another mid to late 1st from the Rockets and go from there.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#569 » by Rapsfan07 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:51 am

The Rebel wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:How much for Gallo? I've been a fan a long time and I'd love to see him play for the Raptors
I do not know where the rumors that the Nuggets are going to dump Gallo and prior to his injury Chandler. I don't see the Nuggets trading Gallo for less than an all star type return, they extended him and reportedly love him. Going into the season I think most Nuggets fans knew that they would struggle especially at the start of the season, given their brutal schedule through the end of December, most I know figured they would be at about a 35-40% winning percentage, or 12-14 wins be then and they would be happy. Right now they are on track to be right there, and that is without Nurkic being back who was supposed to be there for opening day, losing Chandler right before opening night, and all the injury problems. If anything they are going to continue developing the team as is, adding a young lotto pick with the knicks pick, and probably another mid to late 1st from the Rockets and go from there.

This wasn't rumor-based, I was just interested in seeing what it would take to acquire him. It would seem Denver is looking to rebuild or should be looking to rebuild so I thought I'd ask.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#570 » by The Rebel » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:08 am

Rapsfan07 wrote:
The Rebel wrote: I do not know where the rumors that the Nuggets are going to dump Gallo and prior to his injury Chandler. I don't see the Nuggets trading Gallo for less than an all star type return, they extended him and reportedly love him. Going into the season I think most Nuggets fans knew that they would struggle especially at the start of the season, given their brutal schedule through the end of December, most I know figured they would be at about a 35-40% winning percentage, or 12-14 wins be then and they would be happy. Right now they are on track to be right there, and that is without Nurkic being back who was supposed to be there for opening day, losing Chandler right before opening night, and all the injury problems. If anything they are going to continue developing the team as is, adding a young lotto pick with the knicks pick, and probably another mid to late 1st from the Rockets and go from there.

This wasn't rumor-based, I was just interested in seeing what it would take to acquire him. It would seem Denver is looking to rebuild or should be looking to rebuild so I thought I'd ask.

Looking to rebuild? Maybe you missed it there are 6 guys within their 1st 2 years in the league, 5 of the 6th have been in the rotation, and out of those 6 guys 4 of them have started game for the Nuggets with Nurkic (injured) and Kostas (needs a lot of work on his shot) being the only 2 that have not. so I would guess it would be 5 of those 6 starting within a couple of weeks of Nurkic being back. In other words they have already rebuilt especially if you add in 2 1st round picks one of which is looking to be a mid lottoe pick next summer.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#571 » by Rapsfan07 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:39 am

The Rebel wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
The Rebel wrote: I do not know where the rumors that the Nuggets are going to dump Gallo and prior to his injury Chandler. I don't see the Nuggets trading Gallo for less than an all star type return, they extended him and reportedly love him. Going into the season I think most Nuggets fans knew that they would struggle especially at the start of the season, given their brutal schedule through the end of December, most I know figured they would be at about a 35-40% winning percentage, or 12-14 wins be then and they would be happy. Right now they are on track to be right there, and that is without Nurkic being back who was supposed to be there for opening day, losing Chandler right before opening night, and all the injury problems. If anything they are going to continue developing the team as is, adding a young lotto pick with the knicks pick, and probably another mid to late 1st from the Rockets and go from there.

Looking to rebuild? Maybe you missed it there are 6 guys within their 1st 2 years in the league, 5 of the 6th have been in the rotation, and out of those 6 guys 4 of them have started game for the Nuggets with Nurkic (injured) and Kostas (needs a lot of work on his shot) being the only 2 that have not. so I would guess it would be 5 of those 6 starting within a couple of weeks of Nurkic being back. In other words they have already rebuilt especially if you add in 2 1st round picks one of which is looking to be a mid lottoe pick next summer.

Uh... okay I guess? Lol. So Gallo IS available then, I gather?
skywalker33

Post#572 » by skywalker33 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:09 am

Rapsfan07 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:This wasn't rumor-based, I was just interested in seeing what it would take to acquire him. It would seem Denver is looking to rebuild or should be looking to rebuild so I thought I'd ask.

Well honestly, other than your draft picks and maybe Powell and/or Wright (neither of which would balance salaries), can't say I really want anything on the Raptors. DD is going out to FA, Ross is an underachiever/overpaid player...Lowry, but Masai won't trade him, same with JV. Not saying Gallo is better than JV, DD or Lowry, they just don't fit what we're doing here.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#573 » by The Rebel » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:05 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

As I said for an all star type package, and unlike skywalker I do not see anything the Raptors have that I would be interested in. A likely late lotto pick and a pick around 20 like the Raptors pick will be is not all that interesting to me. right now the only player on the Raptors that I like is JV, and I doubt the Raptors trade him, and honestly I would rather see what happens with our young bigs than give up Gallo for him right now. The rest I am not really interested in.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#574 » by Rapsfan07 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:08 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

As I said for an all star type package, and unlike skywalker I do not see anything the Raptors have that I would be interested in. A likely late lotto pick and a pick around 20 like the Raptors pick will be is not all that interesting to me. right now the only player on the Raptors that I like is JV, and I doubt the Raptors trade him, and honestly I would rather see what happens with our young bigs than give up Gallo for him right now. The rest I am not really interested in.

Fair enough
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Post#575 » by Mac1958 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:32 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Not saying Gallo is better than JV, DD or Lowry, they just don't fit what we're doing here.
What are we doing here?

:lol:
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#576 » by The Rebel » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:57 pm

Steven Kyler is a little hit and miss but I figured this would make some of us very happy.
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-378-nba-players-are-trade-eligible-today/
There is a growing belief in NBA circles that the Denver Nuggets could be on the verge of a major sell-off of talent. While names like Danilo Gallinari get fans excited, the truth is that the big names in Denver may not be going anywhere, unless it’s in a blockbuster franchise changing deal. However, guys like J.J. Hickson and Randy Foye are said to be available.

One guy I would look at is Jarrett Jack, he is a good combo guard to be the 3rd PG and backup SG if they could get him for a cheap deal I would be happy.
skywalker33

Post#577 » by skywalker33 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:20 am

Mac1958 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Not saying Gallo is better than JV, DD or Lowry, they just don't fit what we're doing here.
What are we doing here?

:lol:

Building a solid team !!

eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,115

Post#578 » by eathb_au » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:44 am

The Rebel wrote:Steven Kyler is a little hit and miss but I figured this would make some of us very happy.
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-378-nba-players-are-trade-eligible-today/
There is a growing belief in NBA circles that the Denver Nuggets could be on the verge of a major sell-off of talent. While names like Danilo Gallinari get fans excited, the truth is that the big names in Denver may not be going anywhere, unless it’s in a blockbuster franchise changing deal. However, guys like J.J. Hickson and Randy Foye are said to be available.

One guy I would look at is Jarrett Jack, he is a good combo guard to be the 3rd PG and backup SG if they could get him for a cheap deal I would be happy.

Why wouldn't Hickson or Foye be available? Honestly, I really doubt a team will trade for any of those 2 unless it's to save money. Since the league has now moved towards the analytics, those two will be struggling to find work in the NBA once their contracts finish.
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Post#579 » by Powder Blue » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:55 pm

It's a bogus report clearly. JJ and Randy "major talent"??
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#580 » by The Rebel » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:16 am

There are some that look at Hickson's per 36 numbers and think he is a hidden talent, TC and Josh did, and there are reports that at least 1/2 of the teams around the league do not use analytics as a primary factor in decisions, so there may be a chance we get something for them.

Also while Nuggets fans have basically wanted those 2 gone since they got here, this is the 1st time either of them have really been rumored to be on the block. Now it could be because they are not exactly big names, but TC signed them and they reportedly loved the way Hickson kept trying last year despite everything, so who knows how available they really were up till now.

Return to Denver Nuggets