ImageImageImage

Trade ideas ??

Moderator: THE J0KER

bbd24
Starter
And1: 954

Re: 

Post#501 » by bbd24 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:55 pm

RenK wrote:The problem i got with him is that he is probably injury prone,he didnt finish 1 whole season,during his first 4years he missed avg 18+ games per season,this year 5 but i think its cause Brad mixed up the line up alot,he improved his fg% and his defence is good as always.He has a 4year contract 8m per year and he is highly regarded in the Celtics franchise so we would have to offer alot for him...its a big risk for me considering his injury history.

Edit-yea i also rather develop Harris and Clark...maybe try to go after Kj Mcdaniels?

I hear all of your points. Valid points for sure. Especially the injury history. I think Gallinari is right up there with him with injuries, but regardless, a tough sell. It's still early on for Gary Harris. Got to keep the development going there of course. A guy like Bradley might hurt that a bit, since he can come right in and start.
bbd24
Starter

Re: Re: 

Post#502 » by bbd24 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:57 pm

MHZ wrote:
bbd24 wrote:
RenK wrote:I would trade for a promising sg,i aint sold on Foye.
Maybe to take a gamble on a few undrafted prospects?
Aaron Harrison would be my "hidden gem" pick,6.6height,6.8wingspan,we got good shooting coaches(31.6% 3pt) ...Imagine Emmanuel and him as a backcourt duo...Too bad the Hornets just signed him,he could have been an interesting project for us.

Are you sold on Avery Bradley, whose 7 yrs younger than Foye and still only 24 ? He's also a better defender and shooter than Foye.

There is no statistical evidence supporting Bradley being a better shooter than Foye, FWIW.

What does Avery Bradley offer the Nuggets that makes him worth paying 6-7x what they're paying a 20-year-old Gary Harris, especially at the expense of Gallo? If they're not going anywhere this year, why not develop Harris instead of dealing Gallo to get a more expensive, slightly better and older version of Garry Harris?

Gallinari isn't going to Boston without multiple picks involved. I'm sorry to say. I know you would like to have those still in the arsenal, and use your garage sale players instead, but look at the track record of the Nuggets FO. They value their players very highly. Some would argue too highly. They won't take two players who don't fit a long-term need, or duplicate what they already have.

Which one would you rather have, Foye or Bradley ? Because from your post you make it seem like Foye is the easy choice. I think that is way off base.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Re: Trade ideas ?? 

Post#503 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:51 pm

I'd rather you take your low-ball offer back to the BOS forum, your offer has already been rejected and it isn't worth discussing. Bradley would inhibit the growth of Harris and unless you want to put multiple 1sts in the trade, Gallo isn't going to play in Boston. DONE !!!
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
bbd24
Starter

Post#504 » by bbd24 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:29 pm

skywalker33 wrote:I'd rather you take your low-ball offer back to the BOS forum, your offer has already been rejected and it isn't worth discussing. Bradley would inhibit the growth of Harris and unless you want to put multiple 1sts in the trade, Gallo isn't going to play in Boston. DONE !!!

Could be. Who knows. We might find out sooner rather than later
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#505 » by MHZ » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:39 pm

bbd24 wrote:
MHZ wrote:
bbd24 wrote:
Are you sold on Avery Bradley, whose 7 yrs younger than Foye and still only 24 ? He's also a better defender and shooter than Foye.

There is no statistical evidence supporting Bradley being a better shooter than Foye, FWIW.

What does Avery Bradley offer the Nuggets that makes him worth paying 6-7x what they're paying a 20-year-old Gary Harris, especially at the expense of Gallo? If they're not going anywhere this year, why not develop Harris instead of dealing Gallo to get a more expensive, slightly better and older version of Garry Harris?

Gallinari isn't going to Boston without multiple picks involved. I'm sorry to say. I know you would like to have those still in the arsenal, and use your garage sale players instead, but look at the track record of the Nuggets FO. They value their players very highly. Some would argue too highly. They won't take two players who don't fit a long-term need, or duplicate what they already have.

Which one would you rather have, Foye or Bradley ? Because from your post you make it seem like Foye is the easy choice. I think that is way off base.

I said that Bradley isn't a better shooter. Stats show that. In a vacuum, sure, I'd rather have the younger player. This isn't about Foye or Bradley. It's a Gallo trade, and what you would want back in a Gallo trade. Adding Bradley into the mix with Foye and Harris isn't a move the Nuggets are likely to make. What's the gain for the Nuggets? They already have a younger, cheaper SG.

I'm sorry. The Celtics wouldn't get Gallo without picks coming back to the Nuggets. I know you view them as this magical stockpile that guarantee future banners, but they're not. They aren't as valuable as you think they are - see Ainge's hissy fit after the draft when he couldn't even get to #9 using a combination of them. Gallo is better than a #9 pick.

Bradley - doesn't add infusion of youth at SG, they already have Harris. Doesn't add superior outside shooting. Foye is a superior shooter.

Sullinger - adds to a mess in the frontcourt already. He would be fighting for minutes with a ton of guys, and isn't clearly better than any of them, so what's the point?

Ultimately, I think the Nuggets preference is to keep Gallo, which means it would take a very good offer to take him. If he's told the team he isn't coming back, they'll shop him in much the same way they've shopped other guys, for the best offer. They'll place very high value on him, and likely work all the way to the deadline unless they get a Godfather offer beforehand.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#506 » by MHZ » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:42 pm

skywalker33 wrote:I'd rather you take your low-ball offer back to the BOS forum, your offer has already been rejected and it isn't worth discussing. Bradley would inhibit the growth of Harris and unless you want to put multiple 1sts in the trade, Gallo isn't going to play in Boston. DONE !!!

Haha. Calm down, buddy. None of us are actually NBA executives. All in good fun.
RenK
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#507 » by RenK » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:05 am

Ty for Jarret Jack straight up?
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#508 » by psimanic1 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:21 am

No way, we have nelson and Mudiay we need SG more.
RenK
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#509 » by RenK » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:14 am

I would love if we could land Bogdanovic and Boatright,i watched him at the summer leauge he is good.Jack with 6'3 aint too small to play sg,plus he can change up positions with mudiay,we all know he can score,also he can handle the ball when mudiay starts strugling.Man im glad we took him,seeing d russel failing hard as a pg 20turnovers in a couple of games 2-1 turnoves-assist ratio.
bbd24
Starter

Post#510 » by bbd24 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:33 pm

MHZ wrote:
bbd24 wrote:
MHZ wrote:

I said that Bradley isn't a better shooter. Stats show that. In a vacuum, sure, I'd rather have the younger player. This isn't about Foye or Bradley. It's a Gallo trade, and what you would want back in a Gallo trade. Adding Bradley into the mix with Foye and Harris isn't a move the Nuggets are likely to make. What's the gain for the Nuggets? They already have a younger, cheaper SG.

I'm sorry. The Celtics wouldn't get Gallo without picks coming back to the Nuggets. I know you view them as this magical stockpile that guarantee future banners, but they're not. They aren't as valuable as you think they are - see Ainge's hissy fit after the draft when he couldn't even get to #9 using a combination of them. Gallo is better than a #9 pick.

Bradley - doesn't add infusion of youth at SG, they already have Harris. Doesn't add superior outside shooting. Foye is a superior shooter.

Sullinger - adds to a mess in the frontcourt already. He would be fighting for minutes with a ton of guys, and isn't clearly better than any of them, so what's the point?

Ultimately, I think the Nuggets preference is to keep Gallo, which means it would take a very good offer to take him. If he's told the team he isn't coming back, they'll shop him in much the same way they've shopped other guys, for the best offer. They'll place very high value on him, and likely work all the way to the deadline unless they get a Godfather offer beforehand.

I'm saying Bradley is the superior player to Foye, and its not really that close. Not sure your point, as Foye hasn't proven to be this 'superior shooter' you're referring to. Not sure what this is you're talking about as far as 'hissy fit' as well, but whatever.

Ainge obviously had a talent pegged in the top 10 of the draft and couldn't get there. It's always tough to get there. That's why it's the lottery.

I believe you're right, the Celtics won't get Gallinari without picks. Luckily, they have plenty of assets and picks to give up. Why give them up though, Gallinari expires in 1 more year. Unless you're competing for a championship, why give anything up now ?
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#511 » by MHZ » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:00 pm

bbd24 wrote:
MHZ wrote:
bbd24 wrote:

I'm saying Bradley is the superior player to Foye, and its not really that close. Not sure your point, as Foye hasn't proven to be this 'superior shooter' you're referring to. Not sure what this is you're talking about as far as 'hissy fit' as well, but whatever.

Ainge obviously had a talent pegged in the top 10 of the draft and couldn't get there. It's always tough to get there. That's why it's the lottery.

I believe you're right, the Celtics won't get Gallinari without picks. Luckily, they have plenty of assets and picks to give up. Why give them up though, Gallinari expires in 1 more year. Unless you're competing for a championship, why give anything up now ?

Find where I said Foye is a better player. He's a better shooter. Stats demonstrate it. You tried to claim, without basis, that Bradley was a better shooter and defender. I called you out on the shooting claim, asking for any evidence. You can't provide it. That's it. No other statement by me about who is better - I said in a vacuum, clearly I'd rather have Bradley, mostly due to age.

Ainge's hissy fit is well documented. He moaned and groaned in a press conference about how other GMs wouldn't take his picks in this draft. Very odd display of public complaining for a GM of his stature, and highlights that's he's frustrated with how these picks don't carry this huge value he thought they did.

I personally don't care if the Celtics trade for Gallo. There's a ton that we, as fans, don't know. The major one is the relationship between Gallo and the Nuggets. Perhaps there's bad blood there, and they know they need to move him before the deadline, or lose him for nothing. Perhaps they have every intention of resigning him. No clue. I do know that they would demand (and get) more than you're proposing in a trade with the Celtics. They have a pretty full roster already - getting two guys to add to the roster isn't of interest unless they're packaging more players to ship out.

Why move the picks? Because Boston isn't a premiere free agent destination in the NBA, despite their insane history. They don't really have building blocks that are attractive to free agents, and Boston has always had trouble recruiting free agents in the NBA because of the rather well-known racial issues players have had with the city. I realize Gallo isn't black, but they face similar problems to the mid-to-small market teams in having to build through the draft and trades, for the most part. Either they plan on using every one of those picks, more far more likely, they're going to ship them off to bring in players via trade. Ainge isn't dumb, and it's why he was trying to move them to get to 9 - read, you're not getting a franchise player at #9. Most of those picks are going to be mid-to-late round. How valuable, really, are they? They're far more valuable packaged in a trade.
bbd24
Starter

Post#512 » by bbd24 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:40 pm

MHZ wrote:
bbd24 wrote:
MHZ wrote:

Find where I said Foye is a better player. He's a better shooter. Stats demonstrate it. You tried to claim, without basis, that Bradley was a better shooter and defender. I called you out on the shooting claim, asking for any evidence. You can't provide it. That's it. No other statement by me about who is better - I said in a vacuum, clearly I'd rather have Bradley, mostly due to age.

Ainge's hissy fit is well documented. He moaned and groaned in a press conference about how other GMs wouldn't take his picks in this draft. Very odd display of public complaining for a GM of his stature, and highlights that's he's frustrated with how these picks don't carry this huge value he thought they did.

I personally don't care if the Celtics trade for Gallo. There's a ton that we, as fans, don't know. The major one is the relationship between Gallo and the Nuggets. Perhaps there's bad blood there, and they know they need to move him before the deadline, or lose him for nothing. Perhaps they have every intention of resigning him. No clue. I do know that they would demand (and get) more than you're proposing in a trade with the Celtics. They have a pretty full roster already - getting two guys to add to the roster isn't of interest unless they're packaging more players to ship out.

Why move the picks? Because Boston isn't a premiere free agent destination in the NBA, despite their insane history. They don't really have building blocks that are attractive to free agents, and Boston has always had trouble recruiting free agents in the NBA because of the rather well-known racial issues players have had with the city. I realize Gallo isn't black, but they face similar problems to the mid-to-small market teams in having to build through the draft and trades, for the most part. Either they plan on using every one of those picks, more far more likely, they're going to ship them off to bring in players via trade. Ainge isn't dumb, and it's why he was trying to move them to get to 9 - read, you're not getting a franchise player at #9. Most of those picks are going to be mid-to-late round. How valuable, really, are they? They're far more valuable packaged in a trade.

Didn't you say Foye's a 'superior' shooter ? If you're looking for stats, they show Bradley's better from the field, Foye's better from 3. It's pretty darn even if you're looking for stats. Regardless, you and I both know Bradley's a better player, and there is nothing to argue there. That's the point I was making. That's it. You and I both would rather have Bradley than Foye, and it doesn't matter the age here. Bradley's better all around and it isn't close.

What Ainge said is that ultimately it wasn't worth the price to move up. He's a darn good GM, and he proves it with his patience and maneuvering. I didn't see him whine about it. I'm sure a lot of GM's would've loved to move up to the lottery to get their man. Unfortunately, it's not easy. Ainge will be the first one to tell you that. Sometimes it's the moves you don't make that work out. Looking at Ainge and his first 3 picks, it looks to be working out just fine for him. He's got some talented prospects that have a shot in this league at doing damage.

I personally don't think the rumors were that close. I think Ainge was doing his due diligence and seeing what the Denver brass wanted for Gallo. Obviously, since Ainge is rebuilding, he can choose to try and sign Gallo (if he really wants him) & wait it out a year. No rush for him. Ainge has assets, draft picks, and cap space at his disposal for next year. He's set this rebuild up pretty darn nicely for Boston.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#513 » by MHZ » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:51 pm

FG% is not a shooting stat, and an antiquated metric in general. Please don't use. The Bradley/Foye argument is a moot point, and a kind of irrelevant tangent we went down. This is about Gallo/Bradley/Sullinger, and actually, Harris, moreso than Foye. Foye is unlikely to be here after this season, and seemingly, may not be here this season. He's very likely to be packaged in any trades they make.

Best of luck to the Celtics in that rebuild. Every team will have cap room next year - like I said, Boston doesn't probably rank highly for more of the top guys, so I'd be interested to see how that would be used. A trade is very likely the best option to add players who can help now. Danny Ainge is a good GM, and he knows this. There's no way he's putting his eggs into the free agency basket, because it's historically a battlefield that the Celtics cannot win on, Draft and trades are where they've built their teams.

In all seriousness, I appreciate the dialogue. It makes it far more engaging to chat with guys from other team boards, and it's good to look through the lenses of other teams as opposed to always looking through the homer goggles. Good luck to you.
bbd24
Starter

Post#514 » by bbd24 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:17 pm

MHZ wrote:FG% is not a shooting stat, and an antiquated metric in general. Please don't use. The Bradley/Foye argument is a moot point, and a kind of irrelevant tangent we went down. This is about Gallo/Bradley/Sullinger, and actually, Harris, moreso than Foye. Foye is unlikely to be here after this season, and seemingly, may not be here this season. He's very likely to be packaged in any trades they make.

Best of luck to the Celtics in that rebuild. Every team will have cap room next year - like I said, Boston doesn't probably rank highly for more of the top guys, so I'd be interested to see how that would be used. A trade is very likely the best option to add players who can help now. Danny Ainge is a good GM, and he knows this. There's no way he's putting his eggs into the free agency basket, because it's historically a battlefield that the Celtics cannot win on, Draft and trades are where they've built their teams.

In all seriousness, I appreciate the dialogue. It makes it far more engaging to chat with guys from other team boards, and it's good to look through the lenses of other teams as opposed to always looking through the homer goggles. Good luck to you.

Exactly. No way a smart GM like Ainge is using free agency as his plan. He's using the assets, cap space, and draft picks to try and acquire his pieces via trade. He knows the free agency way isn't the right move.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#515 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:32 pm

One of our insiders said that Denver and Boston came close to an agreement, which would have sent Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk, and Evan Turner in exchange for Randy Foye and Gallinari. Nuggets want James Young or picks thrown in apparently.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,241

Post#516 » by Chuck Everett » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:38 pm

Man, that would be a horrible deal for Denver. Why would they want Avery Bradley's terrible contract?
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
bbd24
Starter

Post#517 » by bbd24 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:02 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:Man, that would be a horrible deal for Denver. Why would they want Avery Bradley's terrible contract?

Bradley has a very affordable contract. Especially going forward.

Most on the Boston board wouldn't do that deal. They think it's too much for Boston to give up. I think its a great deal for Boston personally.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,241

Post#518 » by Chuck Everett » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:19 pm

Bradley's contract is affordable, but he's not a good player. He would just be moved to clear a logjam.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#519 » by MHZ » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:21 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:One of our insiders said that Denver and Boston came close to an agreement, which would have sent Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk, and Evan Turner in exchange for Randy Foye and Gallinari. Nuggets want James Young or picks thrown in apparently.

Who is the source?

Doesn't exactly fit with the Nuggets' goal of decreasing the number of players they have under contract, which is already too many.

Seems like an odd fit for both teams.

I don't see it as impossible, or even unlikely, that the Nuggets deal Gallo eventually. That would just be a very puzzling return, to me.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#520 » by skywalker33 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:22 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:One of our insiders said that Denver and Boston came close to an agreement, which would have sent Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk, and Evan Turner in exchange for Randy Foye and Gallinari. Nuggets want James Young or picks thrown in apparently.

Guess we dodged a bullet there....
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!

Return to Denver Nuggets