ImageImageImage

Trade ideas ??

Moderator: THE J0KER

LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Re: Trade ideas ?? 

Post#761 » by LApwnd » Mon Feb 1, 2016 5:57 am

tstrick33 wrote:I would do Joffrey and our first for the Lakers, if it's top 2. No way I would add Nurkic in that mix. After Simmons and Ingram fall off the board, I rather the Nuggets just hold on at 6 and hope Buddy Hield is available.

We also currently have two other firsts that I can see us moving to move up in the draft. Our team is going to look very young with Hickson and I assume Foye leaving next year.

All your Cs are that valuable? Isnt joffrey the 3rd C? Jumping from 7th to 2nd is quite a big jump, i can understand with jokic and nurkic but joffrey is just as valuable?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#762 » by The Rebel » Mon Feb 1, 2016 4:26 pm

psimanic1 wrote:What if we call LAC with something like Faried+Chandler+Nurkic + pick or two for Griffin + filler?
We would still have Jokic, Lauvergne at C, Arthur as backup PF, Gallo and Barton at SF...

I would not touch that one, but I have never been a fan of Griffin.

psimanic1 wrote:Gallo for Cousins

There is no way the Kings do this without some big incentive
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#763 » by The Rebel » Mon Feb 1, 2016 4:34 pm

LApwnd wrote:All your Cs are that valuable? Isnt joffrey the 3rd C? Jumping from 7th to 2nd is quite a big jump, i can understand with jokic and nurkic but joffrey is just as valuable?

Joffrey has not even been in the NBA for a full year and has put up double doubles and been a solid all around player. One of Joffrey, Faried, and probably Arthur are going to have to go to create time for Jokic and Nurkic. The only reason to trade Joffrey out of that group is if we can get an upgrade somewhere else, and unless that is the top pick I do not see the jump being all that great when you consider you are getting a rookie big as talented as Joffrey has shown to be.
tstrick33
Junior
And1: 80

Post#764 » by tstrick33 » Mon Feb 1, 2016 5:39 pm

The Nuggets are very high on Joffrey. He's a good rebounder, shoots a high percentage in the paint, can knock down threes, solid defense and high energy. When he gets good minutes he will always get you a double double or come very close. Unfortunately for him, the Nuggets have Jokic and Nurkic, whom they are trying to develop as well.

If it's the #1 I'm sure the Nuggs would have to give up at least another first w/ Joffrey and the 6th. But for Ingram at #2. Joffrey and our pick is not a bad deal.
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,248

Post#765 » by RRFB » Mon Feb 1, 2016 7:27 pm

Joffrey is easily the worst of the three though. His hands aren't great and his defense can be pretty terrible at times. He's also the oldest by a few years. They're going to have to move one of the bigs eventually, so I wouldn't be against using him to move up in the draft.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,488

Post#766 » by Patsfan1081 » Tue Feb 2, 2016 12:05 am

The Rebel wrote:
pickIBL wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
so you want to trade a guy the team views as a long term starter for an expiring contract and a backup PG? If they are including the Nets pick this year I would do it, without the Nets pick there is no way I would trade gallo for Thomas and Lee. If you do not think the Nuggets view Gallo as the long term starter at SF, then go look at the roster and tell me why that is the one position where they do not have a single prospect for on the roster nor draft rights for a guy playing overseas.

Also you must not watch that many Nuggets games, while Nelson is old and not really great competition he is at least a viable placeholder for this year, and Barton is not even close to the same level as Gallo.

Gallo is really nice. If I could get Thomas plus picks (not top3) I'd personally consider it. He's never been the most efficient scorer. Plus his injury and age factor in. Mudiay is young and can't find the basket right now. By the time mudiay develops where will gallo be? Putting the franchise tag on mudiay is ballsy, because by the time he could be a great player a gm could already be out of a job.

Gallo is at .572 TS percentage, and has a career .574 TS%, both of those are what knowledgeable fans use to judge efficiency and both show that Gallo is way above average at efficiency. Try to go to the stats board on here and complain that Gallo is not efficient, and they will tear you apart.

His age? He is only 27, people act like Gallo is ancient. He is also needed, for someone who says they watch plenty of Nuggets games I would expect to not have to explain this to you, but let me help you with this. You have a young PG that struggles trying to do to much, an aging PG that struggles to get into the lane and create for others, the only other perimeter player that is good at creating for others is Gallo. The offense without Gallo those few games was terrible, you had nobody to create for others. Harris cannot do it, Barton is terrible at it, Miller can do it but cannot play many minutes, and while Jokic and Nurkic can pass well (especially Jokic) they are not going to open up shots for others off of ball handling. They also desperately need Gallo's ability to get to the line, drawing fouls like gallo does is important especially on a young team.

I the Celtics do not include a potential top 3 pick for Gallo then they do not get him, I am not trading Gallo for a poor man's Lawson just because Mudiay is struggling, that is stupid.

Thomas is not a backup nor a poor mans Lawson. Lawson never averaged twenty a game or played in a all star game. Boston wouldn't move Thomas for Gallo either so it's a moot point. Boston would like to have Gallo but he is nowhere near worth the Broklyn pick so there most likely isn't a trade happening between the two.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#767 » by skywalker33 » Tue Feb 2, 2016 1:16 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
pickIBL wrote:Gallo is really nice. If I could get Thomas plus picks (not top3) I'd personally consider it. He's never been the most efficient scorer. Plus his injury and age factor in. Mudiay is young and can't find the basket right now. By the time mudiay develops where will gallo be? Putting the franchise tag on mudiay is ballsy, because by the time he could be a great player a gm could already be out of a job.

Gallo is at .572 TS percentage, and has a career .574 TS%, both of those are what knowledgeable fans use to judge efficiency and both show that Gallo is way above average at efficiency. Try to go to the stats board on here and complain that Gallo is not efficient, and they will tear you apart.

His age? He is only 27, people act like Gallo is ancient. He is also needed, for someone who says they watch plenty of Nuggets games I would expect to not have to explain this to you, but let me help you with this. You have a young PG that struggles trying to do to much, an aging PG that struggles to get into the lane and create for others, the only other perimeter player that is good at creating for others is Gallo. The offense without Gallo those few games was terrible, you had nobody to create for others. Harris cannot do it, Barton is terrible at it, Miller can do it but cannot play many minutes, and while Jokic and Nurkic can pass well (especially Jokic) they are not going to open up shots for others off of ball handling. They also desperately need Gallo's ability to get to the line, drawing fouls like gallo does is important especially on a young team.

I the Celtics do not include a potential top 3 pick for Gallo then they do not get him, I am not trading Gallo for a poor man's Lawson just because Mudiay is struggling, that is stupid.

Thomas is not a backup nor a poor mans Lawson. Lawson never averaged twenty a game or played in a all star game. Boston wouldn't move Thomas for Gallo either so it's a moot point. Boston would like to have Gallo but he is nowhere near worth the Broklyn pick so there most likely isn't a trade happening between the two.

Something we can agree upon.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#768 » by U hova » Tue Feb 2, 2016 6:44 am

Do you think there's a market for Faried at all?
tstrick33
Junior
And1: 80

Post#769 » by tstrick33 » Tue Feb 2, 2016 8:20 pm

A lot of teams are calling on Faried. I don't see the Nuggets moving him, if they did, I would bet it'd be around the draft.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#770 » by skywalker33 » Tue Feb 2, 2016 9:10 pm

From the Denver POV, I think Faried is the most moveable of our vets, but I feel he has a limited market as a starter. However, when the cap goes up again this off-season, his contract becomes more amenable to coming off the bench where his talents become very impressive.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#771 » by psimanic1 » Tue Feb 2, 2016 9:46 pm

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#772 » by The Rebel » Tue Feb 2, 2016 9:58 pm

psimanic1 wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zkdekdj

I would do that, and I do not know if the Pistons will.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#773 » by psimanic1 » Tue Feb 2, 2016 10:01 pm

They lost Meeks till the end of the season, they need SG...
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#774 » by The Rebel » Tue Feb 2, 2016 10:07 pm

Hell let's get it done, Foye can still be a decent 3 point bomber off the bench, and I would not mind seeing Dinwiddie develop into a solid backup PG to replace Nelson in the next couple of years.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#775 » by The Rebel » Tue Feb 2, 2016 10:09 pm

Faried I go back and forth on, if the long term plan is to have Jokic, Nurkic, Lauvergne as your primary 3 bigs, and Arthur is willing to stay the next couple of years knowing he will be the 4th big in a year or two, then you may as well trade Faried now.
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,248

Post#776 » by RRFB » Tue Feb 2, 2016 11:14 pm

Eh, I wouldn't do that Pistons trade for simple fact that both of those guys have guaranteed salary next season. I know Dinwiddie has the CU allure, but I'd much rather have those roster spots for the incoming rookies and a free agent or two.
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach
And1: 2,296

Post#777 » by Nuggets_Talk » Wed Feb 3, 2016 1:02 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
pickIBL wrote:Gallo is really nice. If I could get Thomas plus picks (not top3) I'd personally consider it. He's never been the most efficient scorer. Plus his injury and age factor in. Mudiay is young and can't find the basket right now. By the time mudiay develops where will gallo be? Putting the franchise tag on mudiay is ballsy, because by the time he could be a great player a gm could already be out of a job.

I wonder if we offered Gallo to Boston for a couple low picks, a bad player and salary filler would ainge go for that? I doubt it but can't hurt to ask.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#778 » by The Rebel » Wed Feb 3, 2016 1:14 am

Nuggets_Talk wrote:
I wonder if we offered Gallo to Boston for a couple low picks, a bad player and salary filler would ainge go for that? I doubt it but can't hurt to ask.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Jimmy_Toscano/status/694675024318468096[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/csnceltics/status/694674743073607681[/tweet]

Sounds like Boston keeps calling the Nuggets with offers only to be turned down.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#779 » by The Rebel » Wed Feb 3, 2016 1:21 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:

Oh Thomas won a popularity contest where basically every team on pace to be a top 3 seed usually gets at least 1 player on the team. Sorry but within 2 years Thomas would be backing up Mudiay, if he is still able to even play in this league, and yes he is a poor man's prime Lawson. Sure Thomas is in the perfect system for him now and putting up nice scoring stats, but he is below average in passing, his assist to turnover ratio while greatly improved is below average as well, and he is still a terrible negative on defense (worse than Lawson ever was). Fact Thomas cannot carry a team like Lawson did for the 1st half of last year. As for trading Thomas for Gallo, maybe you are right maybe you are wrong, but there is a reason you guys got him for a late 1st and scrub, and we all know the reason. The Celtics just have enough talent around him to make him look significantly better than he has ever been.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#780 » by pickIBL » Wed Feb 3, 2016 1:30 am

Hmmmm no wonder it's quiet around here. The limited amount of folks around here aren't exactly open to new ideas and discussion. Sounds like Gallo isn't necessarily what he was labeled earlier.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL

Return to Denver Nuggets