ImageImageImage

Trade ideas ??

Moderator: THE J0KER

nayyyyyyyyo09
Junior
And1: 68

Re: Trade ideas ?? 

Post#821 » by nayyyyyyyyo09 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 3:42 pm

Maybe this would be a long shot. But, we trade faried and Gallo and something like the Portland pick, for griffin and a filler. We then declare griffin out for the season and kind of tank but still develop Jokic Nurkic Harris and Mudiay. We get a really good pick and hopefully it's top two to take Simmons. Next season would be a starting lineup of
Mudiay
Harris
Simmons (Or Chandler and we use the pick for someone else)
Griffin
Jokic
With Barton and Nurkic off the bench.
Again this is all just kind of thinking of a very unlikely situation in my head and I'm not even sure I want to ruin what we have. Although, who says after next season griffin won't want to play with us? I mean we always have players we trade for that end up loving the city of Denver like Gallo and Chandler. You guys give me your thoughts on my one in a million scenario.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#822 » by The Rebel » Sat Feb 6, 2016 3:56 pm

I doubt Faried, Gallo, and the Portland pick gets Griffin, but there is a rumor out there that the Clippers are actually the ones that called the Nuggets, so who knows what they want. I would guess that they are wanting something around Jokic or Nurkic and Gallo.

So would you give up Nurkic or Jokic plus Gallo, Faried, and a couple of 1st round picks? I am guessing that is at least the asking price.

Personally I would not give up Nurkic, Jokic, Mudiay, or Harris, as I just do not believe that Griffin is going to resign here in a little over a year if we do not have a team stacked with young up and coming talent. They can have the picks (even ours), they can have Gallo, Joffrey, and Faried, hell I would even add in Barton if we could keep some of our picks, but ultimately there is no way I would add in all the young talented guys we already have on the team.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,760

Post#823 » by TunaFish » Sat Feb 6, 2016 7:11 pm

Difficult to see how a trade can be made with the Clippers. Obviously, they would want both Gallo and Faried as they are very much in a playoff hunt now. Mudiay and Jokic look to have star potential but are not ready for that level of play just yet and would not be available anyway. Nurkic has not been himself lately and might be available. Mid round firsts would sweeten any deal but are not the assets the Clippers are looking for. I can't see the Nuggets giving up a lottery pick. Would the Nuggets give up Gallo; that's hard to say but probably unlikely. Harris is getting better but has some limitations and might be available.

Faried is a piece I could see moved with a PF coming back. Barton as well (with Chandler coming back next season). Would Faried, Barton, and filler be enough for Griffin? I doubt it but it also could be that the Clippers owner is very unhappy with the state of his roster and might just be ready to turn Griffin loose. Who knows? And who else would be interested in Faried and Barton? TC likes to deal so this should be interesting.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#824 » by skywalker33 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 7:56 pm

Seems like the Clippers/Nuggets made contact to gauge willingness to facilitate a trade. Blake is a great player but with our roster as it stands, we aren't ready to take that big of a jump yet. am comfortable continuing this build, I feel we are about 18mo from a big leap in the standings.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#825 » by The Rebel » Sun Feb 7, 2016 5:42 pm

ARticle primarily on Hickson, but I found the following quote the most interesting.
http://www.denverpost.com/dempsey/ci_29485409/dempsey-nuggets-jj-hickson-trade-deadline
Kenneth Faried always is on teams' minds

Faried, 26, quietly has had a solid season, holding down the power forward position without missing much time because of injuries. His effort in the Nuggets' win over Chicago on Friday earned praise from Malone. With a reasonable contract and a big impact on the court, there continue to be suitors for his services as his value remains high. He isn't officially on the trade block — never has been, really — but a "too good to be true" offer might entice the Nuggets to pull the trigger on a deal.
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,115

Post#826 » by eathb_au » Mon Feb 8, 2016 2:19 am

The Rebel wrote:ARticle primarily on Hickson, but I found the following quote the most interesting.
http://www.denverpost.com/dempsey/ci_29485409/dempsey-nuggets-jj-hickson-trade-deadline
Kenneth Faried always is on teams' minds

Faried, 26, quietly has had a solid season, holding down the power forward position without missing much time because of injuries. His effort in the Nuggets' win over Chicago on Friday earned praise from Malone. With a reasonable contract and a big impact on the court, there continue to be suitors for his services as his value remains high. He isn't officially on the trade block — never has been, really — but a "too good to be true" offer might entice the Nuggets to pull the trigger on a deal.

I've seen some suggest that Faried doesn't fit what we do offensively or defensively.

I disagree, I think Faried actually pairs well with Jokic and tends to clean the boards that Jokic is unable to get due to his lack of athleticism. Faried has trouble defending strong bigs and he always will but he has improved a lot in pick and roll defenses.
skywalker33

Post#827 » by skywalker33 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:30 am

I'd try this trade.

DEN trades SG Randy Foye
DET trades PG Steve Blake and PG/SG Spencer Dinwiddie

bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Post#828 » by bdpecore » Mon Feb 8, 2016 10:17 pm

Bucks fan here, we have been discussing the possibility of acquiring Nurkic. Would you be open to a Nurkic for our 2016 1st (top 2 protected)? You still have Jokic and Lauvergne to play center while gaining another top 10 pick. Bucks get a better fitting center and can move Monroe for another asset(s).
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#829 » by The Rebel » Mon Feb 8, 2016 10:57 pm

bdpecore wrote:Bucks fan here, we have been discussing the possibility of acquiring Nurkic. Would you be open to a Nurkic for our 2016 1st (top 2 protected)? You still have Jokic and Lauvergne to play center while gaining another top 10 pick. Bucks get a better fitting center and can move Monroe for another asset(s).

I would not trade Nurkic for a pick outside of the top 2 right now, even with his struggle coming back from injury he can be an awesome fit at Center with Jokic playing PF. Joffrey can be the 3rd or 4th big long term.
eathb_au
Analyst

Post#830 » by eathb_au » Tue Feb 9, 2016 12:14 am

I think we need to move one of Faried/DA/Joffrey. Too heavy at the 4.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#831 » by The Rebel » Tue Feb 9, 2016 12:29 am

eathb_au wrote:I think we need to move one of Faried/DA/Joffrey. Too heavy at the 4.

I would agree with that, but Arthur may be opting out at the end of the year, so it may open minutes for Joffrey as the 4th big, especially since Malone seems to like the pairing with him and Nurkic.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#832 » by The Rebel » Tue Feb 9, 2016 5:19 am

Some guy posted of Facebook that according to TSN the Raptors are heavily in pursuit of Kenneth Faried, don't know if it is true or not, but figured why not ask. What do people want from the Raptors for Faried?
skywalker33

Post#833 » by skywalker33 » Tue Feb 9, 2016 6:15 am

Can't say I'd really want anything they'd be willing to part with except perhaps the NYK pick, as it appears to be gaining momentum.....a third party would have to be added IMO. Even DD being a free agent isn't appealing as I don't him staying.

eathb_au
Analyst

Post#834 » by eathb_au » Tue Feb 9, 2016 6:28 am

I don't even know if I'd do Faried for the NY pick since we have a bunch of 1sts already and from what I've read about the 2016 draft so far.
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#835 » by U hova » Tue Feb 9, 2016 5:10 pm

Cory Joseph maybe

a future 1st (not this year) would be fine too
tstrick33
Junior
And1: 80

Post#836 » by tstrick33 » Tue Feb 9, 2016 5:32 pm

I like Valanciunas. We would have a really solid young big man core with him, Nurkic, Jokic and Joffrey. We would need to trade away DA as well so they could all develop. If they could work out a deal focused around Valanciunas and Faried that makes sense, I would be in favor of that.
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#837 » by U hova » Tue Feb 9, 2016 7:46 pm

I really do not like Valanciunas.
eathb_au
Analyst

Post#838 » by eathb_au » Tue Feb 9, 2016 11:38 pm

If the rumors that the Hawks are looking to trade everyone true, Pau Millsap would be my target. Is like perfect for our frontcourt.
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,247

Post#839 » by RRFB » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:15 am

eathb_au wrote:I don't even know if I'd do Faried for the NY pick since we have a bunch of 1sts already and from what I've read about the 2016 draft so far.

Agree with this. That lesser NY/DEN pick is valuable because it represents a (small) chance of becoming a top 3 pick. And in that sense, the Nuggets kind of already own it, just in the form of a few extra ping pong balls. If we're already going to have at least one extra first rounder, which is very very likely, we certainly don't need another one in the 10-15 range. I also don't see anyone on Toronto's roster that I'd realistically rather have over Faried.
Nuggetsy
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#840 » by Nuggetsy » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:40 am

The Rebel wrote:Some guy posted of Facebook that according to TSN the Raptors are heavily in pursuit of Kenneth Faried, don't know if it is true or not, but figured why not ask. What do people want from the Raptors for Faried?

That's a tough question. Most of their players are unavailable or show little prospect of being a potential starter and I just don't see Denver as needing bench players.

Can we involve a third team?

Return to Denver Nuggets