ImageImageImage

Summer League for 2015

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Summer League for 2015 

Post#1 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:32 pm

What's up next since the draft is over ??? Well FA starts July but I don't see us making any big splashes (no, LBJ isn't coming to DEN) so here's what's hot: So far here is what looks like the roster for out Las Vegas Summer League, looks like we got some talent:

G Ian Clark, 6-3, 180
G Emmanuel Mudiay 6-5, 200
C Jusuf Nurkic, 6-11, 280
F Joffrey Lauvergne, 6-11, 220
G Jamaal Franklin, 6-5, 191
G Gary Harris, 6-4, 210
G Erick Green, 6-4, 185
C Nikola Jokic, 6-11, 250

Need to fill in with a few forwards but this looks like some Nuggets excitement. Already looking to watch/record this team on Altitude network !!
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Nuggninja
Freshman
And1: 7

Re: Summer League for 2015 

Post#2 » by Nuggninja » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:48 pm

skywalker33 wrote:What's up next since the draft is over ??? Well FA starts July but I don't see us making any big splashes (no, LBJ isn't coming to DEN) so here's what's hot: So far here is what looks like the roster for out Las Vegas Summer League, looks like we got some talent:

G Ian Clark, 6-3, 180
G Emmanuel Mudiay 6-5, 200
C Jusuf Nurkic, 6-11, 280
F Joffrey Lauvergne, 6-11, 220
G Jamaal Franklin, 6-5, 191
G Gary Harris, 6-4, 210
G Erick Green, 6-4, 185
C Nikola Jokic, 6-11, 250

Need to fill in with a few forwards but this looks like some Nuggets excitement. Already looking to watch/record this team on Altitude network !!

The Nuggets have reportedly signed PF Darius Carter out of Wichita State to its summmer league roster.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/6/26/8850787/nba-best-undrafted-free-agents-summer-league
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#3 » by The Rebel » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:56 pm

I think Nurkic is sitting out with his injury, but I am interested in what the other guys are going to do.
skywalker33

Post#4 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:35 am

Also thought Nurkic was playing on the Bosnian Nat'l team, guess thaty may be later in the summer ??

youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,608

Post#5 » by youngthegiant » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:58 am

skywalker33 wrote:Also thought Nurkic was playing on the Bosnian Nat'l team, guess thaty may be later in the summer ??
Nurkic just got surgery to repair a partially torn knee patella. He will be lucky to be back by the start of training camp, serious injury that needs to be handled carefully. I don't expect him to be 100% until at least January.
skywalker33

Post#6 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:26 am

youngthegiant wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Also thought Nurkic was playing on the Bosnian Nat'l team, guess thaty may be later in the summer ??
Nurkic just got surgery to repair a partially torn knee patella. He will be lucky to be back by the start of training camp, serious injury that needs to be handled carefully. I don't expect him to be 100% until at least January.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/2383/jusuf-nurkic

eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,116

Post#7 » by eathb_au » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:38 am

I want to re-sign him but if I were the front office, I'd ask Will Barton to play in the SL.
nayyyyyyyyo09
Junior
And1: 68

Summer League for 2015 

Post#8 » by nayyyyyyyyo09 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:07 am

eathb_au wrote:I want to re-sign him but if I were the front office, I'd ask Will Barton to play in the SL.

Can he? I assumed only rookies and sophomores could play in the summer league. But then again I don't know much about it
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#9 » by psimanic1 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:45 am

JR Smith played few years ago i think.
nayyyyyyyyo09
Junior

Summer League for 2015 

Post#10 » by nayyyyyyyyo09 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:27 pm

We should try and get Kent Bazemore. I love what he did with the Lakers as a starter and the Hawks when they needed him in the regular season and playoffs. He deserves to be on a team that can give him minutes and because we probably will drop a bunch of players including Foye. It would also help because we might trade Chandler and/or Gallo. We could give him solid minutes and I personally believe he can be the next JR Smith (in essence)
josh_nuggets
Junior
And1: 25

Summer League for 2015 

Post#11 » by josh_nuggets » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:46 pm

apparently ryan broekhoff is playing SL for us. he starts on our national team (Australia) dude can ball

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
nayyyyyyyyo09
Junior

Summer League for 2015 

Post#12 » by nayyyyyyyyo09 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:23 pm

Not necessarily what we need ( in the nba.) but as a summer league player I think he'll have at least one or two games where he lights up the floor. I saw his shots and he can drain from basically everywhere. Problems with him are I didn't see much athleticism from the videos I watched and I don't know anything about his defense
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,801

Post#13 » by Chuck Everett » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:35 pm

Nuggets have some great size. I am excited to watch Mudiay of course, but Nurkic, Joffrey and Jokic are also worth taking a peek. Good to see the Nuggs part ways with their old bigs and get some new muscle.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
StunnaStan
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#14 » by StunnaStan » Sun Jul 5, 2015 8:42 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbseoSv0tgI[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pxM0fINV1w[/youtube]

i tried telling yall we should've took stanley johnson. hes on pace to win orlando summer league mvp
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#15 » by MHZ » Sun Jul 5, 2015 9:54 pm

StunnaStan wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbseoSv0tgI[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pxM0fINV1w[/youtube]

i tried telling yall we should've took stanley johnson. hes on pace to win orlando summer league mvp

I've watched both games he's played. He's done well, no doubt. He also hasn't done anything to quell the concerns about him coming in. He's going to have to play against significantly more athletic/strong wing players during the season than summer league, so I wouldn't start doing victory laps just yet. Check our some of the guys who have dominated summer league over the years. Plenty of them are nobodies.

How many real NBA players were on that Clippers team today?

Kaminsky tore it up on Saturday as well. Was he a miss too?
StunnaStan
Pro Prospect

Post#16 » by StunnaStan » Sun Jul 5, 2015 11:31 pm

Both players that guarded johnson ended up talking smack during the game because they were frustrated being hounded by a 6'7 243 lb guard.

yall tried saying that I was blowing smoke these last 2 months when i hyped up Johnson and now look. We passed on Johnson and winslow to draft a pg without trading the current starting pg. And by looks of free agency, we may end up keeping the starting pg and using mudiay at the sg position. If mudiay ends up at the 2, then itll be official that we passed on the the 2 best wings (sgs) in the draft.

Both highlight videos are just like my breakdowns of Johnson before the draft. All you see is him score in different ways and being active. This was the alpha dog yall kept clamoring for during the off season.

And as far as Johnson playing against stronger/athletic players, again do you realize that at 18years old, johnson is the strongest player in the nba thats 6'7 or under lmao. Jimmy butler and harden weigh 20 less lbs than Johnson. Hes bigger than draymond green . This was by far worst move of the tim conolly regime. We had the 7 pick and Johnson went 8. Unbelievable

Ps: Portland blows up their team thar got to a 2nd round couple years ago. Meanwhile were "shopping" yet holding onto/retaining bum role players. Hilarious
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Summer League for 2015 

Post#17 » by Powder Blue » Mon Jul 6, 2015 5:14 am

You're ready to proclaim Johnson would have been a better pick than Mudiay after 2 summer league games from SJ...AND nothing from Mudiay?

Come on man
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#18 » by MHZ » Mon Jul 6, 2015 5:22 am

StunnaStan wrote:Both players that guarded johnson ended up talking smack during the game because they were frustrated being hounded by a 6'7 243 lb guard.

yall tried saying that I was blowing smoke these last 2 months when i hyped up Johnson and now look. We passed on Johnson and winslow to draft a pg without trading the current starting pg. And by looks of free agency, we may end up keeping the starting pg and using mudiay at the sg position. If mudiay ends up at the 2, then itll be official that we passed on the the 2 best wings (sgs) in the draft.

Both highlight videos are just like my breakdowns of Johnson before the draft. All you see is him score in different ways and being active. This was the alpha dog yall kept clamoring for during the off season.

And as far as Johnson playing against stronger/athletic players, again do you realize that at 18years old, johnson is the strongest player in the nba thats 6'7 or under lmao. Jimmy butler and harden weigh 20 less lbs than Johnson. Hes bigger than draymond green . This was by far worst move of the tim conolly regime. We had the 7 pick and Johnson went 8. Unbelievable

Ps: Portland blows up their team thar got to a 2nd round couple years ago. Meanwhile were "shopping" yet holding onto/retaining bum role players. Hilarious

Holy crap. It was two summer league games against absolute nobodies. He could average 30 a game in summer league and you're changing nobody's opinion in either direction. He's going to have to do it in the actual league, so save the highlight videos for somebody else. Honestly - are you a fan of the Nuggets, or just Stanley Johnson?

Skita was a summer league all-star, and was one of the worst draft picks in team history.

And he's still not athletic enough to finish against athletic seven footers every night. His disappearing act in the tournament highlights what happens when competition increases.
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#19 » by DaFan334 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 5:42 am

There are two things that I notice about Johnsons game that I think will cause struggles come regular season against NBA competition. First of all, he still hasn't improved or changed his outside shot to have a higher release. The announcers even mention in those highlights that he is shooting from he head and not above it. Good luck getting those off when not wide open against NBA defenders. Second, he is bullying guys around down in the post. Will he be able to do that with 7 footers and other low post players that are bigger than him and know how to use their own strength down low. I am doubtful.

He really reminds me of Joey Graham. Might be stronger but similar games, maybe not as good of a defender at this point. Lets see what Mudiay does in Vegas before we start to make any comparisons. You also have to really take summer league with a grain of salt because so many players that look good in summer league, cant do anything in the real league.
StunnaStan
Pro Prospect

Post#20 » by StunnaStan » Mon Jul 6, 2015 12:17 pm

MHZ wrote:
StunnaStan wrote:Both players that guarded johnson ended up talking smack during the game because they were frustrated being hounded by a 6'7 243 lb guard.

Holy crap. It was two summer league games against absolute nobodies. He could average 30 a game in summer league and you're changing nobody's opinion in either direction. He's going to have to do it in the actual league, so save the highlight videos for somebody else. Honestly - are you a fan of the Nuggets, or just Stanley Johnson?

Skita was a summer league all-star, and was one of the worst draft picks in team history.

And he's still not athletic enough to finish against athletic seven footers every night. His disappearing act in the tournament highlights what happens when competition increases.

If tim conolly can retain his job after all of his bull moves hes made and pass on the best player/2nd best player in the draft, then i have to take my viewership somewhere else until dude gets the ax.

You guys blindly follow the nuggets and only watch college basketball during march. Thats why your only useless argument is johnsons final 2 college games (which he locked up and eliminated d'angelo russell in). Has there been a single tc move that you guys have opposed within the last 2 years? If i told yall last year that we'd sign a gm we fired once already and trade for a player whom the team traded once before, would yall have believed me?

This organization is a damn joke. There not trying to win a nba championship. They just want to sell tickets. Why was shaw fired when he had us losing enough to get a higher pick? Another 1 of many weird moves conducted by the nuggets "braintrust".

Yall fans are just as bad though because you guys wouldn't know talent if it smacked you in the face. Our team should have zach lavine and Stanley Johnson and we have Emmanuel mudiay, gary harris, and jusuf nurkic.....

Look at Johnson fg% then look at Winslows fg%.

Return to Denver Nuggets