ImageImageImage

Pick tracking thread, Portland, Memphis, and Knicks news, thoughts, and rumors

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Re: Pick tracking thread, Portland, Memphis, and Knicks news, thoughts, and rumors 

Post#21 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 3:25 am

Uh oh, Knicks just added Derrick Williams on a 2/10 contract.....what has he EVER done
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,115

Re: Pick tracking thread, Portland, Memphis, and Knicks news, thoughts, and rumors 

Post#22 » by eathb_au » Sat Jul 4, 2015 4:22 am

Sounds like Mike Malone is bringing Ryan Bowen as an assistant, I'm pretty happy with that.
skywalker33

Post#23 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 7:01 pm

We've all been honing in on the Knicks pick, but the rebuild job POR has been doing may be just enough to get the 14-18th pick in next year's draft IMO

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#24 » by The Rebel » Sat Jul 4, 2015 7:31 pm

Losing Lopez, batum, Aldridge, Mathews, and Afflalo is going to hurt them badly, I know they have some young talent, but I just do not see them getting close to the playoffs next year. The following year if everybody works out then there is a chance, but I do not see it next year.
skywalker33

Post#25 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jul 5, 2015 1:22 am

Knick got a gimme from ORL in Kyle OQuinn, not sure why the Magic would do this ??? Don't know much about him but that seems to deplete most of their cap money.

Masterfully
Starter
And1: 1,435

Post#26 » by Masterfully » Sun Jul 5, 2015 2:18 pm

The Rebel wrote:Losing Lopez, batum, Aldridge, Mathews, and Afflalo is going to hurt them badly, I know they have some young talent, but I just do not see them getting close to the playoffs next year. The following year if everybody works out then there is a chance, but I do not see it next year.

I honestly see Portland competing with Minnesota and the Lakers for last place. I'd like to think that the year after that Portland will bounce back, but that would require some nice free agent signings. I don't see that happening.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by The Rebel » Sun Jul 5, 2015 4:29 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Knick got a gimme from ORL in Kyle OQuinn, not sure why the Magic would do this ??? Don't know much about him but that seems to deplete most of their cap money.

Reading up on him he is a hustle big that commits more fouls than anything, good mid range shooter, terrible on the perimeter and no post game. decent passer though. To me it just a signing of a backup big that fell out of the rotation on a bad team that needs bigs, so not a great signing but if he can straighten out his foul problem he might be a decent backup. Not a needle mover though.

Right now I just do not see how the knicks make the playoffs next year, they still only have 3 quality starters, and 2 of them are not that great. while O'Quinn and Williams have some potential, that team is really depending on melo to carry them if they hope to make the playoffs.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#28 » by MHZ » Sun Jul 5, 2015 6:29 pm

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Knick got a gimme from ORL in Kyle OQuinn, not sure why the Magic would do this ??? Don't know much about him but that seems to deplete most of their cap money.

Reading up on him he is a hustle big that commits more fouls than anything, good mid range shooter, terrible on the perimeter and no post game. decent passer though. To me it just a signing of a backup big that fell out of the rotation on a bad team that needs bigs, so not a great signing but if he can straighten out his foul problem he might be a decent backup. Not a needle mover though.

Right now I just do not see how the knicks make the playoffs next year, they still only have 3 quality starters, and 2 of them are not that great. while O'Quinn and Williams have some potential, that team is really depending on melo to carry them if they hope to make the playoffs.

Look at some of the teams that made the playoffs in the East last year. I fully anticipate them to at least contend to make the playoffs. It will definitely depend on Melo a good amount, but you can still be a playoff/borderline playoff team in the East and be a bad team.
skywalker33

Post#29 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:21 am

So, should POR get Kanter, do you think that would be enough to get the Blazers in the mix for the 7-8th playoff spot ?

nayyyyyyyyo09
Junior
And1: 68

Pick tracking thread, Portland, Memphis, and Knicks news, thoughts, and rumors 

Post#30 » by nayyyyyyyyo09 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:52 am

skywalker33 wrote:So, should POR get Kanter, do you think that would be enough to get the Blazers in the mix for the 7-8th playoff spot ?

Should they get him? Yes. Are they good enough for 7-8th playoff seed? Not even close. But maybe next year
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by MHZ » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:24 am

From what I've seen, it sounds likely OKC matches.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by MHZ » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:10 pm

Add Houston #1 into the mix (lottery protected), which will almost certainly will be conveyed next year.

Memphis still unlikely, Portland feels unlikely to ever be conveyed as a #1. Here's hoping they overachieve this year and sneak into the #8 seed.

Most likely for next year: Pick in the top 10, pick in 20s.
skywalker33

Post#33 » by skywalker33 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:51 am

Wow, I realize it's still early, but who would have thought the MEM pick would be looking like our best shot at a lottery pick ???

KP6man
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#34 » by KP6man » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:03 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Ut3c2aDqU Knicks Porzingis monster game with 29+11
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by The Rebel » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:51 pm

I will say that the Knicks have been better than I expected and a lot of that has to do with Porzingis, we will see if they can keep it up. For that matter the Trailblazers have also been much better than I expected, but the Rockets and Grizzlies worse.
skywalker33

Post#37 » by skywalker33 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:34 pm

HOU just fired McHale, have a rookie NBA coach...although JB Bickerstaff has been around a while, pretty respected from what I've heard. I can see that pick in the 17-20 range now.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by The Rebel » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:16 pm

They better hope that JB is better than Bernie Bickerstaff
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by The Rebel » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:54 pm

Just short of 1/3 of the season is over, and the Rockets and Knicks pick are looking pretty solid. The Knicks are currently in late lotto range but seem to be fading a little going 3-7 over their last 10. The Rockets are the 7th seed in the west which would put the pick at 16th overall.

The Grizzlies are a game and a half up on the Rockets at 6th, but there are rumors their coach and front office are in trouble, so that is a situation to watch.

It looks like the Trailblazers are a game and a half out of the playoffs, so it does not look great but if they make a run it could happen in the western conference this year.
skywalker33

Post#40 » by skywalker33 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:43 pm

Seems to me the Grizz are declining rapidly. Zbo isn't the player he's been in the past. Gasol is getting up there at age 32 next year, Zbo continuing to decline and Conley an impending FA, I feel like it may be better to get this pick next year (likely if they don't implode). HOU also is looking to stay around the 15-19 range, better than what we were expecting. The NY team looks to have a brutal schedule in January and Porzingis may be hitting the rookie wall, good signs for the home team. Two 1st's this year and 2-3 next year (with flexibility) should give us a strong team for the future if we can draft well.

Return to Denver Nuggets