ImageImageImage

Pick tracking thread, Portland, Memphis, and Knicks news, thoughts, and rumors

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Pick tracking thread, Portland, Memphis, and Knicks news, thoughts, and rumors 

Post#121 » by skywalker33 » Mon Apr 4, 2016 3:21 am

MEM is losing badly, jeopardizing that we may have to take the pick this year,
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: Pick tracking thread, Portland, Memphis, and Knicks news, thoughts, and rumors 

Post#122 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Apr 4, 2016 5:24 pm

skywalker33 wrote:MEM is losing badly, jeopardizing that we may have to take the pick this year,

It seems unlikely that they'd freefall that far. Although it IS possible. Utah & Houston actually have fairly easy schedules.

But look on the bright side. Dallas has to play the Rockets who are fighting hard plus the @Clippers & @Jazz then Spurs. That's probably 3 losses, or at least 2. Memphis currently holds the tie-breaker over Dallas and in order for Dallas to gain the tie-breaker, Dallas would have to beat Memphis and either Houston or San Antonio. It will be difficult for Memphis to drop below Dallas, but quite possible.

OK, maybe you're right. That's depressing.
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,259

Post#123 » by RRFB » Mon Apr 4, 2016 5:55 pm

The Houston @ Dallas game on Weds is a big one.

I'd much rather miss out on the Houston pick than have Memphis drop out, leaving us with four first round picks. Really don't want to collect that Memphis pick this year.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,751

Post#124 » by Chuck Everett » Mon Apr 4, 2016 6:18 pm

You want Dallas to miss then. Houston's pick is a second round pick after this year. Even if it's just the fifteenth pick from Houston, it's a good spot for Denver pick wise. They tend to pick good players in the middle of the first round.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
RRFB
Assistant Coach

Post#125 » by RRFB » Mon Apr 4, 2016 6:53 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:You want Dallas to miss then. Houston's pick is a second round pick after this year. Even if it's just the fifteenth pick from Houston, it's a good spot for Denver pick wise. They tend to pick good players in the middle of the first round.

Yeah, ideally Dallas is the one that misses. But if one of Houston or Memphis is going to drop out, I'd rather it be Houston.
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#126 » by U hova » Tue Apr 5, 2016 1:43 am

Don't worry guys Matt Barnes defender of justice will save the Nuggets
skywalker33

Post#127 » by skywalker33 » Tue Apr 5, 2016 8:53 pm

U hova wrote:Don't worry guys Matt Barnes defender of justice will save the Nuggets

Is that supposed to many ANYONE on this forum feel better ?? :roll:

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#128 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Apr 5, 2016 9:50 pm

Awww, com'on skywalker33 - you don't want to believe in a 36 year old who has a career average of 8 ppg and loses his temper at least once a game???
skywalker33

Post#129 » by skywalker33 » Wed Apr 6, 2016 2:52 am

BIG WIN by the Grizz today, should put them into the playoffs. UTH losing to the Spurs should help us as well.

U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#130 » by U hova » Wed Apr 6, 2016 2:56 am

Matt Barnes and Z-Bo our heroes
skywalker33

Post#131 » by skywalker33 » Wed Apr 6, 2016 4:44 am

U hova wrote:Matt Barnes and Z-Bo our heroes

Who'da thunk :P

Tomecak
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#132 » by Tomecak » Wed Apr 6, 2016 1:14 pm

HUGE game tonight! Houston has to win against Dallas, that'd pretty much be the nail in the coffin for the Mavericks and their playoff hopes.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#133 » by The Rebel » Wed Apr 6, 2016 6:00 pm

Dallas, Utah, and Houston all have to win out and Memphis has to go 0-4 for them to miss the playoffs, and considering Houston and Dallas play each other I do not see how that happens. I still think that the Rockets make it as well, with Dallas missing.
skywalker33

Post#134 » by skywalker33 » Wed Apr 6, 2016 6:24 pm

The Rebel wrote:Dallas, Utah, and Houston all have to win out and Memphis has to go 0-4 for them to miss the playoffs, and considering Houston and Dallas play each other I do not see how that happens. I still think that the Rockets make it as well, with Dallas missing.

Dallas and Utah play each other as well, seems that's nipped in the bud. Dallas is the one who could ruin it for us but theirs is the worst schedule by far. I do see the POR pick getting to be about 20/21st as MEM looks to go 0-4 down the stretch. So I betting 7th, 15th & 21st for out picks this year. I would love for a team like DAL or WAS to swap their 2017 for our POR pick, could be gold. Heck, I'd even throw in Jameer Nelson to sweeten the deal :nod: :lol:

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#135 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Apr 6, 2016 7:45 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:Dallas, Utah, and Houston all have to win out and Memphis has to go 0-4 for them to miss the playoffs, and considering Houston and Dallas play each other I do not see how that happens. I still think that the Rockets make it as well, with Dallas missing.

Dallas and Utah play each other as well, seems that's nipped in the bud. Dallas is the one who could ruin it for us but theirs is the worst schedule by far. I do see the POR pick getting to be about 20/21st as MEM looks to go 0-4 down the stretch. So I betting 7th, 15th & 21st for out picks this year. I would love for a team like DAL or WAS to swap their 2017 for our POR pick, could be gold. Heck, I'd even throw in Jameer Nelson to sweeten the deal :nod: :lol:

Still believing Dallas won't make the playoffs - which means Houston would.
Memphis pick staying out there for next year sounds good - looks very probable.
Trading the Portland pick for a future 1st round, even two years out could be a good deal. First round picks down the road will help keep the team growing and improving. Two this year, two next year - sounds good. Combining a player with Portland's pick could bring a fair-to-good future pick - depending on which player is thrown in.
skywalker33

Post#136 » by skywalker33 » Thu Apr 7, 2016 4:14 am

HOU screws the pooch tonight, C-Brew goes 1-9 and JBB leaves him in to close the game...unbelievable :roll: Well at least they play 3 of the top 5 lottery teams over their last 4 games, still some hope left.

RRFB
Assistant Coach

Post#137 » by RRFB » Thu Apr 7, 2016 4:25 am

I had a really hard time rooting for Houston while watching that game. They're such an unlikeable team, especially next to Dallas.

Houston still has a chance though, and we can help them out by beating Utah on Sunday.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#138 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Apr 7, 2016 4:45 am

skywalker33 wrote:HOU screws the pooch tonight, C-Brew goes 1-9 and JBB leaves him in to close the game...unbelievable :roll: Well at least they play 3 of the top 5 lottery teams over their last 4 games, still some hope left.

Didn't understand leaving Brewer in. He's fantastic in the open court but questionable ball-handling & shooting 3s in the half-court (my opinion). End games seldom include open court play. There were better choices.

RRFB wrote:I had a really hard time rooting for Houston while watching that game. They're such an unlikeable team, especially next to Dallas.

Houston still has a chance though, and we can help them out by beating Utah on Sunday.

"Unlikeable team" - rather harsh but as I think about it. I respect Harden & Howard perhaps. There might be a few more, but I agree, I find them hard to like. Not interested in their key players being on our team - that's for sure.
skywalker33

Post#139 » by skywalker33 » Thu Apr 7, 2016 5:07 pm

RRFB wrote:I had a really hard time rooting for Houston while watching that game. They're such an unlikeable team, especially next to Dallas.

I'm with you there, Harden & Howard are just self-serving & douchey to me. But if it means getting the 15th pick vs a mid 2nd next year, I can root for them for 4 more games (all vs. lottery teams)

skywalker33

Post#140 » by skywalker33 » Fri Apr 8, 2016 1:02 am

Looks like Porzingis is doubtful for the Friday PHI matchup, hopefully Melo "rests" too that could really help us if they lose out.

Return to Denver Nuggets