ImageImageImage

2016 Draft Talk

Moderator: THE J0KER

Nuggninja
Freshman
And1: 7

Re: 2016 Draft Talk 

Post#81 » by Nuggninja » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:33 am

tstrick33 wrote:Chances are Bender doesn't make it past 5 and say we end up with the #5 I think there would be better options for us. Hield and Murray would be my choice at 5 followed by Kris Dunn. I just don't see a need for another Foreign big man.

The only way the Nuggets could end up with #5 is if they made a trade, so depending on what they had to give up to get that pick it might be a worthwhile pick.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#82 » by skywalker33 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:55 am

If Kris Dunn falls to us in this draft and PHI comes and offers the LAL 2017 pick (or their own), would you make that trade ?? I feel next years draft will be much better than this year's, but that is a gamble. Would love PF Isiah Hartenstein at 6th (LAL pick), PG De'Aaron Fox at 11th (MEM pick) and SF OG Anunoby at 16 with our pick.....not out of the question and quite a haul !

Would you make that trade ?
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#83 » by The Rebel » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:59 am

skywalker33 wrote:If Kris Dunn falls to us in this draft and PHI comes and offers the LAL 2017 pick (or their own), would you make that trade ?? I feel next years draft will be much better than this year's, but that is a gamble. Would love PF Isiah Hartenstein at 6th (LAL pick), PG De'Aaron Fox at 11th (MEM pick) and SF OG Anunoby at 16 with our pick.....not out of the question and quite a haul !

No but I would for at least2 future 1st. One the 76ers in 2017 and a pick in 2018 or so,
skywalker33

Post#84 » by skywalker33 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:53 am

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:If Kris Dunn falls to us in this draft and PHI comes and offers the LAL 2017 pick (or their own), would you make that trade ?? I feel next years draft will be much better than this year's, but that is a gamble. Would love PF Isiah Hartenstein at 6th (LAL pick), PG De'Aaron Fox at 11th (MEM pick) and SF OG Anunoby at 16 with our pick.....not out of the question and quite a haul !

No but I would for at least2 future 1st. One the 76ers in 2017 and a pick in 2018 or so,

If Hinkie was still in charge, I would say you're crazy, but BC is looking to win now and that could easily be possible. I could see them adding protections though and you couldn't do that with the LAL pick.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#85 » by The Rebel » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:29 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

If Hinkie was still in charge, I would say you're crazy, but BC is looking to win now and that could easily be possible. I could see them adding protections though and you couldn't do that with the LAL pick.

Top 7 picks are worth more than any future 1st, you see picks in the 20s traded for future 1st but never lotto picks because they are considerably more valuable.
nayyyyyyyyo09
Junior
And1: 68

Post#86 » by nayyyyyyyyo09 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:03 am

After the draft we might have a stacked summer league team. I want the nuggets to sign Kevin Capers to the summer league team really badly for one reason. His persistence is amazing and I'm sure none of you know who he is. Basically he plays for the westchester Knicks in the D-League but that's not what amazes me. He played college D-2 and he had a dream of playing in the NBA but everyone said it wasn't possible because no one in the NBA today played D-2. He literally went and gave it his all and now he's in the D-League. I think we need a guy like that here and just to give you a hint of what he's like here's a nice video of him

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b6JtTbhtKwc

Now obviously this is still the D-League but I really admire this guy for his tenacity, and even if he doesn't make our roster, I think one day he'll make A roster somewhere
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#87 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:29 am

Didn't know him - looked him up - he'd make a nice 3rd PG - might or might not get playing time, but who knows - odds are against him even getting an invite, but like you say - he's persistent
RationalGaze
Junior
And1: 63

Post#88 » by RationalGaze » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:45 am

Not really chiming in so much as to say if De'Aaron himself is the 11th pick in the draft it really will truly be one hell of a draft. I can see OG going higher, but next year's draft is stupidly loaded.
It would also be wise of Memphis to tank, because they still have to fill positions 2-4. Randolph is getting too old and Gasol isn't far behind.
skywalker33

Post#89 » by skywalker33 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:37 am

Ok, we all are looking for a stud-type player at #7, heck even #15 has the potential to get a real good player....but at #19 or beyond...who's your sleepers ??

I am getting excited about SG Malachi Richardson. Got good size, led Syracuse, show some leadership ability already....more of a slasher than shooter right now but that seems to be a work in progress.

In the 2nd I like PF Ben Bentil .....although I am SURE TC has a surprise Euro he is going to stash !!

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#90 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:56 am

Sleeper? In this age of over-hype? LOL Then again, Richardson going to Miami in the 2nd round seems like a good sleeper from last year. At #19, the Nuggets stand a good chance at getting someone who is a "consensus top 15". Chad Ford's mock draft has the Nuggets selecting Thon Maker at #19. Is he a sleeper? Or just a big gamble? It sure is going to be fun, but until the lottery, it's hard to even say what's going to happen. On another forum, I saw a fan from another team who had their mock draft giving the Nuggets Jaylen Brown, Buddy Hield, and Jamal Murray - that would be nice.

Dejonte Murray would be a nice pickup. But it wouldn't be surprising to see the Nuggets pick Ellenson, Chriss, Davis, Rabb, B. Johnson, or Labissiere at #19 --- without a doubt, several of them should be available and they are all power forwards with a nice upside and potential starters (maybe better). If the Nuggets don't pick a PF with #7 & #15, I'd look for #19 to come out of that group.
skywalker33

Post#91 » by skywalker33 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:16 am

NuggetsWY wrote:Sleeper? In this age of over-hype? LOL Then again, Richardson going to Miami in the 2nd round seems like a good sleeper from last year. At #19, the Nuggets stand a good chance at getting someone who is a "consensus top 15". Chad Ford's mock draft has the Nuggets selecting Thon Maker at #19. Is he a sleeper? Or just a big gamble? It sure is going to be fun, but until the lottery, it's hard to even say what's going to happen. On another forum, I saw a fan from another team who had their mock draft giving the Nuggets Jaylen Brown, Buddy Hield, and Jamal Murray - that would be nice.

Dejonte Murray would be a nice pickup. But it wouldn't be surprising to see the Nuggets pick Ellenson, Chriss, Davis, Rabb, B. Johnson, or Labissiere at #19 --- without a doubt, several of them should be available and they are all power forwards with a nice upside and potential starters (maybe better). If the Nuggets don't pick a PF with #7 & #15, I'd look for #19 to come out of that group.

Taking Thon at 19 would be a HUGE gamble, one I hope the Nuggets don't risk. Also, Rabb isn't in the draft, with Labissiere and Davis all probably going in top 15 (maybe 1 AT #15 ?), leaving Chriss, Ellenson and Johnson. Ellenson is interesting because of his size and shooting ability, but lacks athleticism. I could see either, but Chriss would be more probable because he has a higher ceiling, but longer to get there IMO. Brice is older and already very close to his ceiling but more NBA ready, I just don't envision that what TC has in mind. I'd keep both Ellenson and Chriss on the list though.

How about SG Malik Beasley, is he worthy of a top 20 pick ??

skywalker33

Post#92 » by skywalker33 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:28 am

I'm trying to pick "potential" and "upside" picks at #19, there has to be more.....

List:
SG Richardson
PF Chriss
PF Ellenson
SG Beasley
PG Murray

2nd rd
SG Edin Atic

skywalker33

Post#93 » by skywalker33 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:46 am

With the success of IT from BOS, would Kay Felder be a selection in the late 2nd ?? He's quick, can score can pass but is only 5'9". He'd make a nice change of pace for our 2nd unit.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:55 am

Beasley would be a possibility - not sure he's going that high, but team workouts COULD easily change that.
skywalker33

Post#95 » by skywalker33 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:35 am

An International player (if he stays in) that was brought to my attention was SG Edin Atic. He seems easily like a Euro draft-n-stash the Nuggets would look towards in the 2nd round.

RationalGaze
Junior
And1: 63

Post#96 » by RationalGaze » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:50 am

Petr Cornelie is a player that's going to generate interest.
Guerschon Yabusele is built like a tank and he's athletic while shooting 42% plus from 3.
Isaia Cordinier is a draft n stash for one year, but will be a welcoming player for teams.
Those are 3 sleepers that people aren't talking about all that much.
skywalker33

Post#97 » by skywalker33 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:11 am

RationalGaze wrote:Petr Cornelie is a player that's going to generate interest.
Guerschon Yabusele is built like a tank and he's athletic while shooting 42% plus from 3.
Isaia Cordinier is a draft n stash for one year, but will be a welcoming player for teams.
Those are 3 sleepers that people aren't talking about all that much.

Thanks for joining in, we could use more of that around here. As for your selections, you have a good eye for talent but I think all those guys are early to mid 2nds, doubt we get a shot at any.

Logan18
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#98 » by Logan18 » Thu May 12, 2016 5:00 am

What are everybody's thoughts on Deandre Bembry? I really like his game and hope we use one of our mid round picks on him. If he develops a jump shot I think he becomes an above average starter in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
skywalker33

Post#99 » by skywalker33 » Fri May 13, 2016 3:02 am

Looks like our first draft interview...with PG Kay Felder. Definitely would be a change of pace PG...and fit into the fast paced style needs to take advantage of.

Logan18
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#100 » by Logan18 » Fri May 13, 2016 12:33 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Looks like our first draft interview...with PG Kay Felder. Definitely would be a change of pace PG...and fit into the fast paced style needs to take advantage of.

A bench with Will Barton and Kay Felder would be awesome to watch! Right now he's supposed to go early second round though, so we may have to package our two second round picks if we want to move up and get him.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Denver Nuggets