ImageImageImage

Big time Free Agents

Moderator: THE J0KER

josh_nuggets
Junior
And1: 25

Re: Big time Free Agents 

Post#161 » by josh_nuggets » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:34 am

the Person who 'announced it' was some Broncos fan on Twitter. not sure if i really would believe him. as someone pointed out, a billionaire like kronke would not be amongst everyone at DIA. would be on a private jet

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbowhit/status/756886753621909504[/tweet]
nayyyyyyyyo09
Junior
And1: 68

Post#162 » by nayyyyyyyyo09 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:11 pm

WE JUST SIGNED A BIG TIME FREE AGENT IN DJ KENNEDY... Not.. I don't understand how this is gonna work. Partially guaranteed, but for 3 years. Does that mean we could cut him right after training camp or would we have to waive him? ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#163 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:16 pm

It is a make-good contract so they can cut him without penalty. The advantage for the player is the paycheck during camp. Just a few weeks in the NBA, even on a bottom level contract, can still be a nice chunk of change. They still have Toupane, Sampson, and Lauvergne on similar contracts. That makes 18 players on the roster.

With Sampson, Toupane, and now Kennedy on the roster; it may also indicate the Nuggets plan on trading one of their better wing players. Gallinari? Chandler? Barton? Harris? --- Here's to hoping this is just a training camp addition for another body to help give all our wing players extra practice time.

Return to Denver Nuggets