ImageImageImage

Thanks A LOT !!

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Thanks A LOT !! 

Post#1 » by skywalker33 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:46 pm

NBA schedule makers must hate us, 6 of first 7 games on the road, come back to face the Warriors, make us fly to London and end 7 of last 9 on the road...... :roll:

Guess they either want us to prove our metal or get another lottery pick.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Re: Thanks A LOT !! 

Post#2 » by TunaFish » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:46 pm

I felt that at full strength, Denver was pretty good on the road last season. It could work out. Jokic is impressing in the Olympics and the back-court combination of Mudiay and Harris should be even better with expected growth. There's a lot of young talent with plenty of room to grow. Being on the road to start the season could help the Nuggets sharpen their skills for a long season.

I think we make the playoffs this season.
Canned in Denver.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#3 » by The Rebel » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:36 am

Actually many X- players all said the most bonding happened on the road and it helped them play better as a team. A little sooner in the season then we would like, but it is far from terrible.
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,248

Post#4 » by RRFB » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:12 am

The Rebel wrote:Actually many X- players all said the most bonding happened on the road and it helped them play better as a team. A little sooner in the season then we would like, but it is far from terrible.

That's exactly what I was going to say. It should be good for camaraderie at least. I also heard somewhere that the Pepsi Center was pretty much booked out for the first week or two of the season, so the schedulers didn't really have a choice. It would have been nice to catch a break after last years ridiculously tough start though.
mcmurphy
Starter
And1: 1,849

Post#5 » by mcmurphy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:09 pm

Great.
Season 2012-13, 17 on the road of first 23 games, ended with 57-25 record.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#6 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:42 pm

mcmurphy wrote:Great.
Season 2012-13, 17 on the road of first 23 games, ended with 57-25 record.

Maybe we should ask the schedule makers to give us our first 41 games on the road??? :noway:
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#7 » by TunaFish » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:48 pm

If someone wants to do the research, I keep thinking that the schedule is somewhat similar each year but that the home and away series keeps switching. I go to see the Nuggets in Charlotte every year and for a while now they play one game at the beginning of March and one game at the end of March rotating home and away. I wonder if this is true of other opponents? Could it be that the schedules are somewhat locked in?
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:17 pm

One schedule fluke that I know of is that San Antonio has the longest road trip each year. Has to do with a big rodeo San Antonion hosts.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#9 » by The Rebel » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:54 am

TunaFish wrote:If someone wants to do the research, I keep thinking that the schedule is somewhat similar each year but that the home and away series keeps switching. I go to see the Nuggets in Charlotte every year and for a while now they play one game at the beginning of March and one game at the end of March rotating home and away. I wonder if this is true of other opponents? Could it be that the schedules are somewhat locked in?

I believe that they base on schedule partially on the previous schedule as well as partially on when each arena is open for teams to use. So many teams will have a very similar schedule to the previous year.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:50 pm

The Rebel wrote:
TunaFish wrote:If someone wants to do the research, I keep thinking that the schedule is somewhat similar each year but that the home and away series keeps switching. I go to see the Nuggets in Charlotte every year and for a while now they play one game at the beginning of March and one game at the end of March rotating home and away. I wonder if this is true of other opponents? Could it be that the schedules are somewhat locked in?

I believe that they base on schedule partially on the previous schedule as well as partially on when each arena is open for teams to use. So many teams will have a very similar schedule to the previous year.

As you probably all know, the schedule is based on multiple factors and I certainly don't have it memorized. But I know it starts with division opponents then conference opponents (which is the largest variable) (non conference are a lock at one-and-one). After that arena availability is next. The conference opponents are loosely based upon record from the previous year, if my memory serves. So teams tend to have similar schedules to their previous year and as their record changes, their opponent list changes slightly. Remember also that arena availability is not just your home arena but also that of each opponent.

All of that is at least 10 years old, maybe more. Back then, I believe the NBA set their schedule first and then the NHL set theirs. That is often the biggest conflict and I am not sure if that's changed or not.

Return to Denver Nuggets