ImageImageImage

How Good is Jokic?

Moderator: THE J0KER

Acountant_Z
Junior
And1: 169

Re: How Good is Jokic? 

Post#141 » by Acountant_Z » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:10 am

His career, Nuggets future, are all secondary, his NT comes before everything else. If Jokic decides not to play he will bolt from Nuggets first chance he gets. It is character defining kind of a decision. Remember that when you see what he decides to do.

If Nuggets FO had any brains they would encourage him to play and assure him they will stand by him no matter what. That's how you win loyalty.
Popovich
Pro Prospect
And1: 293

Post#142 » by Popovich » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:51 am

I think that Jokic can only benefit from taking the role in national team. Last time I remember he was jumping from the bench and Raduljica was a starting center. Some of those flick wrist passes are common skill between Milos and Nikola. BTW thank you for your respectful answers 8-)
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#143 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:03 am

Popovich wrote:I think that Jokic can only benefit from taking the role in national team. Last time I remember he was jumping from the bench and Raduljica was a starting center. Some of those flick wrist passes are common skill between Milos and Nikola. 8-)

So you clearly came over with YOUR agenda, not asking about what's best for Jokic. Hey, I get your National Team loyalty and all but it's his decision and shouldn't be made out of "obligation"
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Acountant_Z
Junior

Post#144 » by Acountant_Z » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:17 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Popovich wrote:I think that Jokic can only benefit from taking the role in national team. Last time I remember he was jumping from the bench and Raduljica was a starting center. Some of those flick wrist passes are common skill between Milos and Nikola. 8-)

So you clearly came over with YOUR agenda, not asking about what's best for Jokic. Hey, I get your National Team loyalty and all but it's his decision and shouldn't be made out of "obligation"

You know what's best for Jokic? No ****? How about getting the **** out of Denver and moving to a big market? I bet you would like Jokic to do that given your concern for his well-being. Don't be a hypocrite, make Denver his home and make him feel good about who he really is.
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#145 » by Popovich » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:20 am

skywalker33 wrote:

Obviously here we have something that is clash of interest and it is in interest of us, fans of the national team to see Jokic play and train with the Serbian basketball representation > Maybe this time coach Djordjevic will be less tough on him and also he is not a someone who needs to be used at all costs. He can ask for and get shorter minutes, but I'm not having or pursuing for some "my agenda" other from the perspective of the simple basketball fan of the nation.
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#146 » by Popovich » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:42 am

Popovich wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Obviously here we have something that is clash of interest and it is in interest of us, fans of the national team to see Jokic play and train with the Serbian basketball representation > Maybe this time coach Djordjevic will be less tough on him and also he is not a someone who needs to be used at all costs. He can ask for and get shorter minutes, but I'm not having or pursuing for some "my agenda" other from the perspective of the simple basketball fan of the nation.

Don't be so pretentious, what proof do you have to support your clam that exclusively Denver is better option for himself ?
skywalker33

Post#147 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 am

Popovich wrote:
Popovich wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Don't be so pretentious, what proof do you have to support your clam that exclusively Denver is better option for himself ?

Does the National team PAY him anything ??? If he gets gets a career ending injury what happens to him ?? Here in Denver he's looking at a $200M contract soon....not being pretentious, just realistic.

You asked my opinion, I gave it honestly...you could've been strait up, why try to play coy ?? And as I said, it IS his choice, I'll deal if he decides to play, will you be ok if he doesn't ???

Acountant_Z
Junior

Post#148 » by Acountant_Z » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:35 am

skywalker33 wrote:Does the National team PAY him anything ???

More than you can imagine. It's cultural you cannot understand.

Before Jokic can get his big deal he has to go out there 82 times (and hopefully more) to be kicked in the nuts by Dray, have his ankles dislocated by Zaza or his arm broken by DAJ (POS). What do you suggest? Maybe he should take next season off?
SoCalNuggsFan
Senior
And1: 440

Post#149 » by SoCalNuggsFan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:55 am

Acountant_Z wrote:His career, Nuggets future, are all secondary, his NT comes before everything else. If Jokic decides not to play he will bolt from Nuggets first chance he gets. It is character defining kind of a decision. Remember that when you see what he decides to do.

If Nuggets FO had any brains they would encourage him to play and assure him they will stand by him no matter what. That's how you win loyalty.

Now that's funny. Why would he have come to the NBA then? If Serbian pride is all that matters, he couldn't find a league to play in there? The NBA is the ultimate goal for almost every basketball player in the world. There are rare exceptions like teodosic, but for the most part, if you're good enough to play in the NBA, you're coming to play in the NBA. And that's where your loyalty lies above all else. Unless that league in Serbia is dishing out $200 million contracts, letting you play against the best players in the league every night and putting you on the worlds largest basketball stage.
Acountant_Z
Junior

Post#150 » by Acountant_Z » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:14 am

SoCalNuggsFan wrote:
Acountant_Z wrote:His career, Nuggets future, are all secondary, his NT comes before everything else. If Jokic decides not to play he will bolt from Nuggets first chance he gets. It is character defining kind of a decision. Remember that when you see what he decides to do.

Now that's funny. Why would he have come to the NBA then? If Serbian pride is all that matters, he couldn't find a league to play in there? The NBA is the ultimate goal for almost every basketball player in the world. There are rare exceptions like teodosic, but for the most part, if you're good enough to play in the NBA, you're coming to play in the NBA. And that's where your loyalty lies above all else. Unless that league in Serbia is dishing out $200 million contracts, letting you play against the best players in the league every night and putting you on the worlds largest basketball stage.

Whatever Nuggets pay Jokic they make money on it, if they didn't they'd send his ars back to Serbia in a jiffy. You can basically wipe your behind with that theory that he is taking some sort of advantage of the good ole USA and owes us some sort of gratitude. He has a job here and that is it, or do you expect him to sign some kind of an oath in blood. He pays taxes and I bet he will pay a lot of it, he may be subsidizing my Medicare so I am grateful. You people are unrealistic and total ignoramuses. Do you think Nowitzki asked Cuban to play for Germany or Manu asks Popovitch? Or do you feel they are somehow betraying their teams?
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#151 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:19 am

Acountant_Z wrote:

Before Jokic can get his big deal he has to go out there 82 times (and hopefully more) to be kicked in the nuts by Dray, have his ankles dislocated by Zaza or his arm broken by DAJ (POS). What do you suggest? Maybe he should take next season off?

Your attitude is condescending. You assume because most people here are American and obviously you are not, that we are incapable of understanding "cultural"? America has plenty of "cultural" issues and we deal with them; sometimes well, sometimes not so well, but we're still working on it. We have "cultural" from virtually every nation and people group in the world and some how, we manage to survive. If "cultural" means doing everything your culture demands, most Americans object. We try to be the land of the free and allow people to make their own choices.

If we think Jokic should not play on his national team (where he is a backup center), that seems to make sense as Skywalker has pointed out. If Jokic chooses to play on his national team, not too many Americans are going to go ballistic.

Please try not to insult Americans any more than you have to. Thank you.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#152 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:20 am

Acountant_Z wrote:
SoCalNuggsFan wrote:

Whatever Nuggets pay Jokic they make money on it, if they didn't they'd send his ars back to Serbia in a jiffy. You can basically wipe your behind with that theory that he is taking some sort of advantage of the good ole USA and owes us some sort of gratitude. He has a job here and that is it, or do you expect him to sign some kind of an oath in blood. He pays taxes and I bet he will pay a lot of it, he may be subsidizing my Medicare so I am grateful. You people are unrealistic and total ignoramuses. Do you think Nowitzki asked Cuban to play for Germany or Manu asks Popovitch? Or do you feel they are somehow betraying their teams?

and oh yes, do not try to pretend Serbians are not motivated by money - they have jumped into that with both feet ever since the breakup of the Soviet Union
skywalker33

Post#153 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:22 am

Acountant_Z wrote:

I understand DEFENDING a country is important, you try to make it sound like playing basketball is just as important.....and his nuts or ankles aren't in danger on playing for the national team ???? .....please, at least bring a good argument.

Playing for the Nuggets, he can provide for his family's present and future prosperity, he can afford new race horses (a passion of his), buy homes for his family...he came over here BY CHOICE, and you seem to be having a problem allowing him his choice...... :roll: :roll:

Acountant_Z
Junior

Post#154 » by Acountant_Z » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:31 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
Acountant_Z wrote:

Your attitude is condescending. You assume because most people here are American and obviously you are not, that we are incapable of understanding "cultural"? America has plenty of "cultural" issues and we deal with them; sometimes well, sometimes not so well, but we're still working on it. We have "cultural" from virtually every nation and people group in the world and some how, we manage to survive. If "cultural" means doing everything your culture demands, most Americans object. We try to be the land of the free and allow people to make their own choices.

If we think Jokic should not play on his national team (where he is a backup center), that seems to make sense as Skywalker has pointed out. If Jokic chooses to play on his national team, not too many Americans are going to go ballistic.

Damn right I am condescending and with good reason, and I happen to be an American (first generation) but this idea we are paying you so shut up and do as told gets on my nerves.
You should not even voice an opinion wheter he should play for his NT let alone argue that we own his ass.
And if you find what I expressed insulting you need therapy.
skywalker33

Post#155 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:37 am

Acountant_Z wrote:
SoCalNuggsFan wrote:

Surprised you aren't aware that the by agreement between the FIBA and the NBA, no team can't stop a player from playing in the FIBA tournaments, that is completely up to the player. Jokic will evaluate what's good for him and that';s what he'll do. You and Popovich seem to think he HAS to do it to represent his country but I'm sure they do just fine with or without him.

The question was put out there "Is it better for for Denver to let Jokić play for his national team, or isn't ?
What is the best for Jokic and what is the best option for Nuggets"

I answered my opinion and got pounced on for my response.....perhaps this International forum is a better place for you to vent and be condescending

viewforum.php?f=5

Acountant_Z
Junior

Post#156 » by Acountant_Z » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:49 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Acountant_Z wrote:
SoCalNuggsFan wrote:

Surprised you aren't aware that the by agreement between the FIBA and the NBA, no team can't stop a player from playing in the FIBA tournaments, that is completely up to the player. Jokic will evaluate what's good for him and that';s what he'll do. You and Popovich seem to think he HAS to do it to represent his country but I'm sure they do just fine with or without him.

The question was put out there "Is it better for for Denver to let Jokić play for his national team, or isn't ?
What is the best for Jokic and what is the best option for Nuggets"

I answered my opinion and got pounced on for my response.....

You accused the guy of having an agenda and then brought in money in the argument.
I thought that was out of line. It is an absolutely nonsensical argument and it irked me.
But I will stop here and try to keep away from this community in the future.
I wish Nuggets absolutely the best, I enjoy watching them play.
Best regards from New York.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#157 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:05 am

Acountant_Z wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
Acountant_Z wrote:

Damn right I am condescending and with good reason, and I happen to be an American (first generation) but this idea we are paying you so shut up and do as told gets on my nerves.
You should not even voice an opinion wheter he should play for his NT let alone argue that we own his ass.
And if you find what I expressed insulting you need therapy.

Hmmm, we shouldn't voice an opinion but you can?
Hmmm, as for seeking a therapist, may I make a recommendation - I am a practicing counselor.
I would ask that you calm down a little. You seem to be applying one set of rules to everyone else and another to yourself.
You come across as a European and now say you are an American. I am first generation born in America and I do understand my heritage and loyalty to that heritage. However, as I've said, this is America, the land of the free and we each have choices. Jokic can make his own choice and neither the Nuggets or his Serbian friends have any right to tell him which is right.

The interesting thing about social media, is no one really knows if anyone else is telling the truth when they say anything about themselves. So saying "I am xxxx" doesn't usually impress anyone. Non-verbal communication does not typically come across either, however the tone of your words is conveying a great deal of non-verbal communication. Why don't we just let this topic drop? We disagree. It's our right. We are both Americans; right?

I doubt anyone is going to change your mind on this topic, regardless of the words used. It also seems equally unlikely that you will change anyone else's mind. So further discussion seems rather pointless. Thank you for expressing your opinion.
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#158 » by Popovich » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:22 pm

Now I kinda regret for bringing up these questions , although they seem important, they caused so much quarreling .
Good point in the previous post, lets put the ball down. Problem with non verbal communication is that messages can be misinterpreted pretty often. People tend to imagine others people attitude through-out words but they forget that there is a lack of visual body communication, facial expressions and actual tone of the voice.

If America is something that you call here "land of the free" than you should all know that we all just need to except that there are different and various opinions. No one is saying that we should accept other opinions but you should at least admit their existence or try to show some understanding if not give some respect towards them.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,185

Post#159 » by Mickey8 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:24 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Popovich wrote:Serbian national team captain and one of the bests PG's in Europe Teodosic had to say something to Jokic just today. Teodosic sent a clear message to Jokic further explaining it through his own example. Moscow-its (meant CSKA from Moscow) demanded from Teodosic not to play for his national team.

" They demanded that from me every year. But they knew about my stance, I will play every summer! Except back than when I was injured. And they couldn't influence on my decision. That was my decision, but now he must to end up with that. He must decide.
With whatever decision he ends up with, we must respect it, because Jokic is someone who will play for national team in long years to come. For sure that we would all like that he is here, but it is on him to make a decision
."

Teodosic, in my opinion is the reason why Jokic still is not the best Serbian basketball player.

My questions are:

Is it better for for Denver to let Jokić play for his national team, or isn't ?
What is the best for Jokic and what is the best option for Nuggets?

It is easy for a guy who plays about 35 games a year to say that as he does not understand the wear and tear it takes on the body to play 82 games plus the preseason. I personally do not care if he plays for the national team, but trying to guilt him into it is not cool.

Its more like 50+ plus games. Nobody try anything, he will get negative press in Serbia if he declined to play for the NT but everything will be forgiven next time he plays for the NT, same thing was With Nenad Krstic who later became captain of the NT and in general beloved player in Serrbia . In Europe it's different culture regardless to NT appearances , when we compare legends of European basketball at the end of their careers, we look at all of their accomplishments including NT play and success in those competition , that's why Pau Gasol is regarded as one of the best ever, not just for his success in the NBA , but he owned international competition . I know somebody mention it earlier that NBA fits Jokic better than international competitions , I strongly disagree, first year with the senior NT and he won silver medal , also he played junior world championship , and he played in the finals, he was important player in both competitions. He can be successful wherever he plays.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#160 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:55 pm

Mickey8 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Popovich wrote:Serbian national team captain and one of the bests PG's in Europe Teodosic had to say something to Jokic just today. Teodosic sent a clear message to Jokic further explaining it through his own example. Moscow-its (meant CSKA from Moscow) demanded from Teodosic not to play for his national team.

" They demanded that from me every year. But they knew about my stance, I will play every summer! Except back than when I was injured. And they couldn't influence on my decision. That was my decision, but now he must to end up with that. He must decide.
With whatever decision he ends up with, we must respect it, because Jokic is someone who will play for national team in long years to come. For sure that we would all like that he is here, but it is on him to make a decision
."

Teodosic, in my opinion is the reason why Jokic still is not the best Serbian basketball player.

My questions are:

Is it better for for Denver to let Jokić play for his national team, or isn't ?
What is the best for Jokic and what is the best option for Nuggets?

It is easy for a guy who plays about 35 games a year to say that as he does not understand the wear and tear it takes on the body to play 82 games plus the preseason. I personally do not care if he plays for the national team, but trying to guilt him into it is not cool.

Its more like 50+ plus games. Nobody try anything, he will get negative press in Serbia if he declined to play for the NT but everything will be forgiven next time he plays for the NT, same thing was With Nenad Krstic who later became captain of the NT and in general beloved player in Serrbia . In Europe it's different culture regardless to NT appearances , when we compare legends of European basketball at the end of their careers, we look at all of their accomplishment including NT play and success in those competition , that's why Pau Gasol is regarded as one of the best ever, not just for his success in the NBA , but he owned international competition . I know somebody mention it earlier that NBA fits Jokic better than international competitions , I strongly disagree, first year with the senior NT and he won silver medal , also he played junior world championship , and he played in the finals, he was important player in both competition. He can be successful wherever he plays.

Nice post, thanks for sharing that. It surely is a different culture and I understand that, even if I don't truly understand the Euro-basketball culture itself.

I'm one who thinks Jokic fits better in the NBA than Europe but then again, he doesn't really fit in the NBA, he sorta' rewrites his own role and does it different than the NBA is used to. :lol: I agree that he can be successful wherever he plays. Of course on that NT, everyone seems very successful :wink: and he wasn't really a "major" player for most of his first year (because it was his first year).

My major thought is that NBA & Europe are two very different styles of play and I'd like to see him stay away from his NT for a couple of years just to break a few habits that are bad for his NBA play. When he's a little older, I see no problem at all with playing for his NT and in fact, I would encourage it and love it! I hope that makes sense. What I will promise is that whatever decision he makes, I'll back his right to do so. :nod:

Return to Denver Nuggets