Moderator: THE J0KER

Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 334

Re: 2017 Trade thread 

Post#121 » by Mac1958 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:19 pm

riter wrote:
Mac1958 wrote:I'd like a defensive 4 to put next to Jokic

Kyle O'Quinn---already outplaying his 4 million dollar contract(good thru 2018-2019)
Lance Thomas---Chandler replacement for half price(half the talent)--same contract length 2019-2020 non guaranteed.
Jennings---expiring

for
Wilson
Barton.

a simpler trade ---O'Quinn/Jennings for Wilson-- also works.

I'd love to see O'Quinn for Chandler. The Knicks are talking about moving Porzingis to center and Melo to PF, but they really don't have a small forward to plug in.

The Nugs badly need a defensive presence, particularly down low.
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

2017 Trade thread 

Post#122 » by Powder Blue » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:33 pm

Anyone in here predict that monster trade/waive Mo Williams deal?
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#123 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:14 pm

riter wrote:

Kyle O'Quinn---already outplaying his 4 million dollar contract(good thru 2018-2019)
Lance Thomas---Chandler replacement for half price(half the talent)--same contract length 2019-2020 non guaranteed.
Jennings---expiring

for
Wilson
Barton.

Simply put...hell no ! Your castoffs for our bench strength.... :roll: Both Chandler and Barton are better players than what's being offered. How does KOQ, Thomas and Jennings make the Nuggets better ??? Add in your unprotected 1st and we'll talk
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
skywalker33

Post#124 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:27 pm

Powder Blue wrote:Anyone in here predict that monster trade/waive Mo Williams deal?

Anyone else think we waived the wrong PG ??? :lol:

mcmurphy
Starter
And1: 1,874

Post#125 » by mcmurphy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:29 pm

Intrigues me very much a trade of this type:

Ricky Rubio

for
Jameer Nelson + 1st Memphis (around 20th pick)

Rubio could be a boost for the defense at PG (weekest position defensively speaking in Denver)
At the beginning could lead the bench unlock the potentiality of Murray (now blocked by iso-Jameer Nelson)

A lineup:
Rubio-Murray-Gallo-Faried-Jokic

could be very interesting.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#126 » by The Rebel » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:38 pm

riter wrote:

Jennings---expiring

for
Wilson
Barton.

I think you forgot your unprotected 2017 and 2019 1st round picks.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#127 » by The Rebel » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:40 pm

mcmurphy wrote:Intrigues me very much a trade of this type:

Ricky Rubio

for

Rubio could be a boost for the defense at PG (weekest position defensively speaking in Denver)
At the beginning could lead the bench unlock the potentiality of Murray (now blocked by iso-Jameer Nelson)

A lineup:

While Rubio brings defense, one thing that many miss is that Mudiay is over a 50% shooter on spot up 3s and was over 47% last season, Rubio in his whole career has only been over 45% one season. Meaning Mudiay spreads the floor when he is spotted up, and opens the lanes for Jokic to pass to the cutters. I don't think I would do this deal, especially since Mudiay is actually quietly improving his shooting and defense.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#128 » by The Rebel » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:47 pm

RRFB wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Leave it up to the Nuggets to help out a team for a little cash, every other team probably wanted a 2nd and cash, but Josh will gladly line his pockets over getting a fair deal.
mcmurphy
Starter

Post#129 » by mcmurphy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:05 pm

The Rebel wrote:
mcmurphy wrote:Intrigues me very much a trade of this type:

Ricky Rubio

for

A lineup:

While Rubio brings defense, one thing that many miss is that Mudiay is over a 50% shooter on spot up 3s and was over 47% last season, Rubio in his whole career has only been over 45% one season. Meaning Mudiay spreads the floor when he is spotted up, and opens the lanes for Jokic to pass to the cutters. I don't think I would do this deal, especially since Mudiay is actually quietly improving his shooting and defense.

the trade would be for Jameer not for Mudiay

However this season:

- Spot-Up OFF Mudiay has 0.78 PPP (16.8 percentile) and Rubio 0.96 PPP (50.1 percentile)
- Spot-Up DEF Mudiay has 1.01 PPP (45.6 percentile) and Rubio 0.97 PPP (56.3 percentile)
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#130 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:15 pm

Should I use "meh"? OR Wow! - not?
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#131 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:23 pm

Since it is rumored that Minnesota would like to trade RUbion and is willing to bundle Muhammad in a package; what about

Rubio + Muhammad for Faried + Nelson

Faried would be a nice bench player/possible starter for Minnesota. He would fit nice next to Towns IMO.
Nelson would be a nice stop-gap PG for Minnesota.

Rubio is not really what Denver needs, but we could live with him until this contract is done (2018-2019 season I believe).
Muhammad has a decent 3pt shooting range and with Chandler playing more PF, he could fill in nicely as backup SF.

Not an earth shattering trade, but what do you think?
mcmurphy
Starter

Post#132 » by mcmurphy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:48 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:Since it is rumored that Minnesota would like to trade RUbion and is willing to bundle Muhammad in a package; what about

Rubio + Muhammad for Faried + Nelson

Faried would be a nice bench player/possible starter for Minnesota. He would fit nice next to Towns IMO.
Nelson would be a nice stop-gap PG for Minnesota.

Rubio is not really what Denver needs, but we could live with him until this contract is done (2018-2019 season I believe).
Muhammad has a decent 3pt shooting range and with Chandler playing more PF, he could fill in nicely as backup SF.

Not an earth shattering trade, but what do you think?

I probably overestimate Faried but would not this trade.
Call me crazy but I prefer Faried to a 1st round pick around 20th.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#133 » by psimanic1 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:04 pm

What if we get Noel, and Philly gets Rubio?
skywalker33

Post#134 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:21 pm

psimanic1 wrote:What if we get Noel, and Philly gets Rubio?

Noel is going to want to get PAID big money after this season, I'd rather keep Nurkic even if he's a bit unhappy.

skywalker33

Post#135 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:29 pm

The Rebel wrote:
RRFB wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Leave it up to the Nuggets to help out a team for a little cash, every other team probably wanted a 2nd and cash, but Josh will gladly line his pockets over getting a fair deal.

Man, I think that's a bit unfair, the Nuggets are still a business in the long run. The move didn't cost them anything, they made a bit of scratch doing it and perhaps prevented another team from getting some cap space as well. Could they have gotten a 2nd out of the deal ??? Probably, but we already have a lot of youth on this team, have two already for this season to go along with two 1st. Another asset, sure but a necessity, not really.

Yeah, I know Jokic was a 2nd, Draymond was a 2nd even Lauvergne was a very late 2nd but so was Quincy Miller, they don't all work out.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#136 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:46 pm

Not sure how this would work. Philadelphia is valuing Noel rather high and his salary is rather low. So what would they want/need? The answer is guards, especially PGs. But that's what Minnesota wants also.
Nelson to Minnesota
Rubio to Philadelphia
Noel to Denver
works for salary cap but I doubt Philadelphia thinks Rubio is worth that trade.

Perhaps Denver sends Barton or Beasley (Philadelphia's choice) plus Denver sends 2017 Memphis second to Philadelphia to placate the value they place on Noel

Then it looks like this:

Minnesota
Out Rubio
In Nelson

Philadelphia
Out Noel
In Rubio, Barton or Beasley
2017 Memphis second

Denver
Out Nelson, Barton or Beasley, 2017 Memphis second
In Noel

IMO that's too much for Denver to pay for a half-year rental but trading Nelson frees up minutes for Murray & Mudiay. Trading Barton might free up minutes for Beasley while trading Beasley leaves the versatile Barton still here as the primary SG backup. The 2017 Memphis pick would be nice but with two firsts and all our youth, we can afford an overpay to make this happen. If we don't keep Noel, that's OK. Even with cutting Gee and losing Noel, adding two firsts will leave us with 15 players next year.

skywalker33 wrote:

Noel is going to want to get PAID big money after this season, I'd rather keep Nurkic even if he's a bit unhappy.

Yeah, he thinks he's worth a LOT. He might fit very nice next to Jokic, but it might be a half-year rental. Then again, his salary isn't that extreme. It might be worth a gamble, if the above concerns could be worked out.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#137 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:49 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Leave it up to the Nuggets to help out a team for a little cash, every other team probably wanted a 2nd and cash, but Josh will gladly line his pockets over getting a fair deal.

Man, I think that's a bit unfair, the Nuggets are still a business in the long run. The move didn't cost them anything, they made a bit of scratch doing it and perhaps prevented another team from getting some cap space as well. Could they have gotten a 2nd out of the deal ??? Probably, but we already have a lot of youth on this team, have two already for this season to go along with two 1st. Another asset, sure but a necessity, not really.

Yeah, I know Jokic was a 2nd, Draymond was a 2nd even Lauvergne was a very late 2nd but so was Quincy Miller, they don't all work out.

Totally agree. It is a business. This trade didn't hurt the Nuggets at all and if the team can make a little cash, maybe having fewer fans won't hurt so much (until they actually start winning regular, hope is growing - maybe). Adding a second pick just isn't that valuable, unless it was 2019, so maybe ... ...

Like I said, this is a "MEH" or maybe a sarcastic "Wow.
skywalker33

Post#138 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:51 pm

What's the appeal for Noel, he'd get about as many minutes as Nurkic is IMO. Plus the fact that if we want him, we can just go out in free agency and very likely land him, I don't see PHI wanting to match an offer sheet for the 4-5th best big man.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#139 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:00 pm

skywalker33 wrote:What's the appeal for Noel, he'd get about as many minutes as Nurkic is IMO. Plus the fact that if we want him, we can just go out in free agency and very likely land him, I don't see PHI wanting to match an offer sheet for the 4-5th best big man.

Yeah, I get that but he is more mobile than either Nurkic or Jokic and could play PF. Philadelphia seems to think he's a "great defender". They have to think that since his offense is average at best. If you project his numbers out to 30 mpg; he'd be a 15 pts, 8 rebs, 2 blks, 2 stls guy. That's not too bad for a role player. We could do a rental and see if we like him.

You might be right Philadelphia might not match but this would be a cheap trial and I like the addition-by-subtraction of trading Nelson and an unneeded second. I do not like trading Barton or Beasley, but it would be worth it and that's one of our strengths. If we sign him as a RFA, it'd be a fairly hefty contract. I'd rather gamble on the rental and save that contract if he didn't work here. But that's just my opinion and I've been wrong more than once in my life. :nod: :lol: :roll:
skywalker33

Post#140 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:37 pm

So, we've all been clamoring for a trade of one or more of the veterans. What/how would the young guys view of such a trade like Gallo, Faried or Chandler just when we've reached playoff level ?

Do they seem it as more playing time for themselves ?

Do they question why the FO would do this trade to key members pushing for a playoff run ?

Do they realize this is just a business and they are all just assets ?

Return to Denver Nuggets