Moderator: THE J0KER

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: 2017 Draft 

Post#41 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:57 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:Giles had TWO ACL tears in high school. I mean, I believe he can carve out a career as a role player perhaps, but if you're taking him because you hope he starts, well... I just think that's a bad pick. It's unfortunate, but that's how I see it today. Maybe he surprises, and his workouts wow teams, I am just skeptical.

I can see you sentiments, absolutely makes sense. I can see picking Rabb instead, he's the safer pick. But gambling on Giles is swinging for the fences IMO

Maybe we can get both? :wink:
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#42 » by skywalker33 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:19 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:Giles had TWO ACL tears in high school. I mean, I believe he can carve out a career as a role player perhaps, but if you're taking him because you hope he starts, well... I just think that's a bad pick. It's unfortunate, but that's how I see it today. Maybe he surprises, and his workouts wow teams, I am just skeptical.

I can see you sentiments, absolutely makes sense. I can see picking Rabb instead, he's the safer pick. But gambling on Giles is swinging for the fences IMO

Maybe we can get both? :wink:

Nah, one or the other, gotta get OG with the other pick
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,801

Post#43 » by Chuck Everett » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:29 am

skywalker33 wrote:

I'd love to be wrong on Giles and he have a great career. Season's still not over yet, perhaps he'll show some flashes.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
skywalker33

Post#44 » by skywalker33 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:04 am

Well, guess I am now rooting for either OG or Giles to stay outta this year's draft....

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,467

Post#45 » by bwgood77 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:27 am

OG will probably slip and would be a good pick. But Rabb should be there too. Just gotta see if Giles ever lives up to the early hype...only a month left.
skywalker33

Post#46 » by skywalker33 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:03 pm

Looking at the current roster as well as the pending FA market, I see the Nuggets drafting a PF. I can see one of several being with our range, guys like Giles, Rabb, Collins, Bam, or even Hartenstein Leaf (although not a big fan of the latter two). Bam becomes intriguing because of his defense, shot-blocking and explosive rim-protection skills, something needed next to Jokic.

It seems we have depth at the position on our roster, but only Hernangomez really is part of our core going forward. And free agency is weighted heavier towards the SF (I'd love to MAX out for Otto Porter)with Porter, Hayward, Gallo, etc looking like some better options than what's available at PF (no, we're not getting Blake).

psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#47 » by psimanic1 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:06 pm

I don't think we will draft PF if we resign Plumlee, we have Cornellie and Hernangomez to fill that position. And if Plumlee and Jokic can play more than 10mpg together, it's maybe stupid to give only pick in this draft for a PF. We will see in next few days what we do with Faried, Gallo, Chandler, if we will trade one of them or more, and what will we get back for them.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:59 pm

Jokic/Plumlee
Plumlee/Hernangomez

What happens if Jokic or Plumlee is injured, especially for a lengthy period of time. Who's the backup center? Again we'd be stuck with a too-small PF playing center. Faried/Arthur/Hernangomez playing against Cousins/Jordan/Gobert/Nurkic/etc./etc.?? Just don't think that works. Faried/Arthur playing center hasn't worked too well this year. It's not just about the other teams scoring either, although that becomes easier for them. It's also about rebounding.
skywalker33

Post#49 » by skywalker33 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:31 am

NuggetsWY wrote:Jokic/Plumlee
Plumlee/Hernangomez

What happens if Jokic or Plumlee is injured, especially for a lengthy period of time. Who's the backup center? Again we'd be stuck with a too-small PF playing center. Faried/Arthur/Hernangomez playing against Cousins/Jordan/Gobert/Nurkic/etc./etc.?? Just don't think that works. Faried/Arthur playing center hasn't worked too well this year. It's not just about the other teams scoring either, although that becomes easier for them. It's also about rebounding.

Are you forgetting Cornelie ? Perhaps we draft Giles, Williams or Patton, any could play C as well.....

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:04 am

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Jokic/Plumlee
Plumlee/Hernangomez

Are you forgetting Cornelie ? Perhaps we draft Giles, Williams or Patton, any could play C as well.....

Front office will probably draft another PG. :lol: Giles, WIlliams, Patton might be able to play C against some/most centers and that's probably acceptable, especially with Plumlee for a little size.

Didn't forget Cornelie. But he's about 220 lbs and with his height, Faried & Arthur make better centers just because of the lower center of gravity and added agility. Cornelie might be able to block some shots like Porzingis but to me these guys are more like really tall SFs. Porzingis plays next to Carmelo Anthony, i.e. a very strong SF that can play most PFs. If Cornelie & Hernangomez play at forward, I actually expect Cornelie to be the SF, at least functionally.
skywalker33

Post#51 » by skywalker33 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:17 pm

Henson plays PF/C at the 220lbs as a rim-protector, can see that easier than him playing as a SF. While I haven't seen him play, it seems his foot speed would have to be pretty amazing to play SF, although he does have some length but that doesn't mean it'll translate to the NBA. He's better served as a PF/C IMO

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,467

Post#52 » by bwgood77 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:48 am

If anyone would like to join the REALGM March Madness bracket challenge mentioned in the Global Announcement or check my sig for links, it would be great to have some Nuggets fans participate.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#53 » by Coeur » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:16 am

Frank Williams or og
skywalker33

Post#54 » by skywalker33 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:30 am

Coeur wrote:Frank Williams or og

OG looks like a good prospect, but Williams seems to be a pick in the 20's to me.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:54 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Coeur wrote:Frank Williams or og

OG looks like a good prospect, but Williams seems to be a pick in the 20's to me.

You and your "OG" :lol: I'd tell you to stop with him already, but the more I see of him, the better I like him, ESPECIALLY on the Nuggets with Jokic, Plumlee, Harris, Murray, and maybe Mudiay as well.
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#56 » by U hova » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:48 pm

We're probably just gonna draft some Euro guy who balls on everyone and makes the NCAA look like a joke
tstrick33
Junior
And1: 80

Post#57 » by tstrick33 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:05 pm

I like Wesley Iwundu for KState projected as 2nd round pick. He's a 6'7 PG even though he's listed as a SF, he usually runs point and plays exceptional D. He would be a reach for the Nuggets right now, unless K State makes a big run. He'd be a nice steal in the 2nd though.
skywalker33

Post#58 » by skywalker33 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:44 am

tstrick33 wrote:I like Wesley Iwundu for KState projected as 2nd round pick. He's a 6'7 PG even though he's listed as a SF, he usually runs point and plays exceptional D. He would be a reach for the Nuggets right now, unless K State makes a big run. He'd be a nice steal in the 2nd though.

I like him too, a SF with pg skills would be a nice addition to our team, especially in the second round,

skywalker33

Post#59 » by skywalker33 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:45 pm

I was checking out the "Soft" thread and noticed there were only two 2017 draft prospect (rated within DX's top 60) that weighed at least 250lbs. What happened to the big 6'10" 265lbs brutes who ruled the paint ?? Most of the C's are in the 230-240lb range while the PF's are around 225lb. Now I get it with all the underclassmen coming out early, but do these guys ever get in the weight room ??

SoCalNuggsFan
Senior
And1: 440

Post#60 » by SoCalNuggsFan » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:06 am

skywalker33 wrote:I was checking out the "Soft" thread and noticed there were only two 2017 draft prospect (rated within DX's top 60) that weighed at least 250lbs. What happened to the big 6'10" 265lbs brutes who ruled the paint ?? Most of the C's are in the 230-240lb range while the PF's are around 225lb. Now I get it with all the underclassmen coming out early, but do these guys ever get in the weight room ??

Games changed. A 265 lb player better be an elite post scorer and defender or he'll get eaten alive by these teams that wanna space you out. Tall kids know there's a better chance of sticking around in the league if you can shoot and defend stretch 4s than if you're built like Tractor Traylor and have a sweet drop step.

Return to Denver Nuggets