Nuggets in GMAT, team questions

Moderator: THE J0KER

MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,092

Nuggets in GMAT, team questions 

Post#1 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:19 pm

Hi guys, I have the Nuggets in GM A Team and I've traded the vets and committed to the tank. Since you guys watch a lot more than I do, I wanted your take on what I have and complimentary players I should pursue.

Right now I have:

Mudiay/Murray
Harris/Beasley
Jaylen Brown
Aaron Gordon/Hernangomez/Arthur
Jokic/Kanter

Kanter might be gone, and I'm considering a few things:

1. I'm on the clock in the draft and I'm considering picking Jayson Tatum from Duke (pick 6). The PGs are off the board. I'm thinking about making a crazy offer for one of them to replace Mudiay.

2. I think I want someone who can create more at the 3, who would fit with these Nuggets guys? Love Harris and see him plugging in anywhere, think Murray is a good 3rd guard at both spots, not sure about Mudiay. Jokic is obviously the centerpiece.

3. Does a Gordon/Jokic pairing work? If not, who should I pair him with. Also, what type of player should I get to back him up.

4. Other thoughts on what you might do.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Nuggets in GMAT, team questions 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:52 pm

Well, what picks do we have, I think it'd be hard to pass up on Tatum but I really like OG Anunoby for his defensive prowess. If you think he'll return to form, I'd consider Giles next to Jokic, but that's a huge risk for a premium draft choice. Did you acquire any picks or just Brown and Kanter for what appears to be Barton/Gallo/Chandler/Nelsonand Faried ? No offense, but I'd hate Kanter's defensive liability on this team, that's just me.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,092

Post#3 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:56 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Well, what picks do we have, I think it'd be hard to pass up on Tatum but I really like OG Anunoby for his defensive prowess. If you think he'll return to form, I'd consider Giles next to Jokic, but that's a huge risk for a premium draft choice. Did you acquire any picks or just Brown and Kanter for what appears to be Barton/Gallo/Chandler/Nelsonand Faried ? No offense, but I'd hate Kanter's defensive liability on this team, that's just me.

I got two 2019 1sts and a good 2017 2nd for Faried; Gordon for Gallo; Brown for Chandler/Barton.

Just drafted Tatum, and someone took Kanter in the expansion draft, so I have:

Mudiay/Murray
Harris/Beasley
Brown/Tatum
Gordon/Hernangomez
Jokic
skywalker33

Post#4 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:16 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Well, what picks do we have, I think it'd be hard to pass up on Tatum but I really like OG Anunoby for his defensive prowess. If you think he'll return to form, I'd consider Giles next to Jokic, but that's a huge risk for a premium draft choice. Did you acquire any picks or just Brown and Kanter for what appears to be Barton/Gallo/Chandler/Nelsonand Faried ? No offense, but I'd hate Kanter's defensive liability on this team, that's just me.

I got two 2019 1sts and a good 2017 2nd for Faried; Gordon for Gallo; Brown for Chandler/Barton.

Just drafted Tatum, and someone took Kanter in the expansion draft, so I have:

Mudiay/Murray
Harris/Beasley
Brown/Tatum
Gordon/Hernangomez
Jokic

Did you trade the 2017 MEM pick ?? What happened to Nurkic ? So far a nice rebuild by this team is now about 3-5 years away from the playoffs at best.

skywalker33

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:57 pm

Just saw the GMAT trades, you overpaid for Brown, glad it's just a game, NOT IMPRESSED. I'm out !

Return to Denver Nuggets