ImageImageImage

Game 43: Denver Nuggets (18-24) @ Minnesota Timberwolves (15-28) - 7:00 PM ET

Moderator: THE J0KER

Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,757

Re: Game 43: Denver Nuggets (18-24) @ Minnesota Timberwolves (15-28) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#21 » by Chuck Everett » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:12 am

NuggetsWY wrote:Is Murray a better PG than SG?

He's a PG on the Canadian national team. An emphatic yes. He's a point guard through and through.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Game 43: Denver Nuggets (18-24) @ Minnesota Timberwolves (15-28) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#22 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:26 am

On a side note, it was nice to see Murray outplay Dunn, we obviously got the better draft pick
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#23 » by The Rebel » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:42 am

Nelson should not be in at the end of the game. Hell after tonight I would say he should the 3rd string if he is not traded basically now.

Last night Nurkic plays well, the teams defense is the best it has been since the early part of the season, and so the reward is to bench him? Is Malone trying to show him who's boss or is he traded? There is no other reasonable explanation, and I would say Malone's approach does not seemto be working especially with the way some are given minutes and others are not, so one of them are going to have to go.

What is Barton's problem with murray? Barton decided he was the PG when Murray came on, and look how that turned out. Barton is a SG that needs the ball in his hands, once he understands that Murray is a considerably better PG I think they could play together off the bench for now. We know Harris can play with Mudiay and Nelson, so I would say he could easily work with Murray. Make Beasley the 3rd string SG, trade Nelson and make Murray the backup PG.

You know they were complaining on Altitude yesterday about Murray's slow development and Chris Dempsey was saying the whole franchise was concerned. How is it that I can figure out that Murray needs the ball in his hands 2-3 weeks before the head coach figures it out? They have been trying like hell to force him into being a SG, and he is a scoring PG, that is his game. Who better to play off Jokic than a guy that can score at PG and hit his outside shots once he gets in rythm?

17/5/3 with only 1 turnover, and that was with going 0/3 from 3. This is the PG we need, but we need a much better leader than Nelson or Gallo can be. Get Nelson out of the way and give Murray his minutes and let him prove that he should be the starting PG.

This was a scheduled loss. 5 games in 7 nights just after returning from London and traveling east was just ment to end in a loss. That being said they were good enough to stay in it, until Nelson blew it, even with Malone being an idiot and benching Nurkic and not putting Murray back in to end the game.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#24 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:22 am

Chuck Everett wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Is Murray a better PG than SG?

He's a PG on the Canadian national team. An emphatic yes. He's a point guard through and through.

I've been saying that from the beginning of the year. The only time he's been a SG, including High School was at Kentucky where he was paired with the uber-short Ulis and even then, he played some PG.

The Rebel wrote:Nelson should not be in at the end of the game. Hell after tonight I would say he should the 3rd string if he is not traded basically now.

Last night Nurkic plays well, the teams defense is the best it has been since the early part of the season, and so the reward is to bench him? Is Malone trying to show him who's boss or is he traded? There is no other reasonable explanation, and I would say Malone's approach does not seemto be working especially with the way some are given minutes and others are not, so one of them are going to have to go.

Malone's been jerking Nurkic around since he became the head coach. He can blame injuries. He can blame "attitude", but his excuses ring hollow now. He's just jerking Nurkic around and destroying his attitude and maybe his confidence.

The Rebel wrote:What is Barton's problem with murray? Barton decided he was the PG when Murray came on, and look how that turned out. Barton is a SG that needs the ball in his hands, once he understands that Murray is a considerably better PG I think they could play together off the bench for now. We know Harris can play with Mudiay and Nelson, so I would say he could easily work with Murray. Make Beasley the 3rd string SG, trade Nelson and make Murray the backup PG.

Barton has been drinking Malone's kool-aid - he believes he's the second best PG on this team and he showed hints of it before but with Murray playing PG finally, Barton went to an extreme. I'm rapidly losing my interest in keeping Barton.

The Rebel wrote:You know they were complaining on Altitude yesterday about Murray's slow development and Chris Dempsey was saying the whole franchise was concerned. How is it that I can figure out that Murray needs the ball in his hands 2-3 weeks before the head coach figures it out? They have been trying like hell to force him into being a SG, and he is a scoring PG, that is his game. Who better to play off Jokic than a guy that can score at PG and hit his outside shots once he gets in rythm?

Did you hear Hastings & Marlow? At the start of Murray's minutes, they said he was lacking confidence. After a few minutes, they were commenting on the change and that there was no lack of confidence. We've heard it before, "Murray has lost his confidence." It's been said on TV and radio. It's been reported by more than one blogger/reporter/whatever. How does a young player that starts at Kentucky lose his confidence so fast? Kentucky is high-pressure college ball and Murray started as a freshman. He lost his confidence because Malone does not know how to infuse a young player with confidence. Consider also what has happened to Mudiay and Hernangomez and Beasley and Jokic (last year) and Nurkic for 2 years now.

The Rebel wrote:17/5/3 with only 1 turnover, and that was with going 0/3 from 3. This is the PG we need, but we need a much better leader than Nelson or Gallo can be. Get Nelson out of the way and give Murray his minutes and let him prove that he should be the starting PG.

Thanks, I've been saying that for a little while now.

The Rebel wrote:This was a scheduled loss. 5 games in 7 nights just after returning from London and traveling east was just ment to end in a loss. That being said they were good enough to stay in it, until Nelson blew it, even with Malone being an idiot and benching Nurkic and not putting Murray back in to end the game.

Is it just me, or do the Nuggets come out of timeouts and quarter breaks and half-time just to get out played more often than not? Last year was an extreme example at the start of the 3rd quarter in almost every game. That's an indication that the coach is losing the coaching battle. Those are the times when a coach has an opportunity to make adjustments - instead of letting a career 37% 3pt shooter take the vast majority of end of game shots. <bleah>
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,115

Post#25 » by eathb_au » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:21 am

No offense Rebel, but I don't think schedule losses applies to Minnesota. If we want to be a West playoff team, then we should be able to beat a team like them at any point we want.

We've made some steps forward since the London trip but tonight we've made several steps backwards IMO.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,898

Post#26 » by Klomp » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:43 am

NuggetsWY wrote:Why did Gallinari pass in the last shot? He's probably the most experienced Nugget when it comes to hitting a last-second shot. :roll:

I was wondering the same thing. My thought was that they wanted a taller guy to see around the guy defending the inbounds, but still I think I'd rather have Jokic pass it in than Gallo in that situation.

I actually wonder too if the playcall was supposed to go to Jokic for the quick pass back to Gallo, but since it wasn't open he went to Jameer.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Denver Nuggets