ImageImageImage

Game 55: Golden State Warriors (46-8) @ Denver Nuggets (24-30) - 9:00 PM ET

Moderator: THE J0KER

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: Game 55: Golden State Warriors (46-8) @ Denver Nuggets (24-30) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#21 » by The Rebel » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:38 am

It seemed to me like the Warriors came in after reading the injury report and by the time they figured out they were actually in trouble Juancho and some of the other young guys were already going, Great win, signature win as well, but I would not expect this young team to play this well every night without a season or two more experience.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,786

Post#22 » by TunaFish » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:59 am

A signature win for me is one that you don't forget. This is one that I will remember. I think they matched an NBA record for 3 pointers by a team and were down six players.
Canned in Denver.
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,259

Post#23 » by RRFB » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:59 am

Definitely a signature win. I'm so thankful to have Jokic on our side. It's great to have a team that's this fun to watch again.

The next month of the schedule has a lot of winnable games on it. It'd be nice to get some healthy bodies back and build some momentum heading into the final stretch.
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,115

Post#24 » by eathb_au » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:11 am

It's games like this that makes me believe in Malone as a coach. With most his vets out, Malone rode the young guys and to no surprise the young guys played their asses off even if they did make mistakes.

Juancho's emergence makes it easier to move/lose Gallo. It's really nice to have an elite shooter and good defender.

And Murray plays sooo much better when he's not on the floor with Barton
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,185

Post#25 » by Mickey8 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:07 pm

Juancho wont be hot like this every night , we shouldn't put too much pressure on him right know, he will have many bad nights as well, Nuggets still need veteran wing player on this roster to share minutes with him.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#26 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:31 pm

eathb_au wrote:It's games like this that makes me believe in Malone as a coach. With most his vets out, Malone rode the young guys and to no surprise the young guys played their asses off even if they did make mistakes.

Juancho's emergence makes it easier to move/lose Gallo. It's really nice to have an elite shooter and good defender.

And Murray plays sooo much better when he's not on the floor with Barton

Malone didn't have that much to do with it. He did a fine job of juggling what players he had, but if he'd played these same players in the same manner all year long ... ... ...
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:32 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Where's NuggetWY, surprised he isn't shouting his love for the rookies from the top of the Pepsi Center :lol: Juancho was great tonight though.

Sorry guys but I didn't watch the game until this morning. My health issues leave me tired quite often and I have no choice but to go to sleep. The good news is, the doctors think we're on the path to total recovery by early to mid-summer.

Did you see Mike Miller playing defense against Draymond Green? I really liked that matchup. Thought we should have used it more, but ... ... maybe not. ;-)

Surprised to see Beasley playing. Hastings was poking a little fun at him, saying things like he hasn't played so long he doesn't even know how to read the clock or whatever. He wasn't too impressive, but that's no surprise. Not sure that he had to play in this game. We still had 3 other guards and they could have managed the rotation, but I wasn't totally shocked to see him in there. Just a few minutes extra rest can help the guys playing a lot of minutes.

Durrant was the touchest cover for the Nuggets because Barton was just too short and he was the primary for much of the game. That was where Gallinari and/or Chandler would have really helped.

All the TV channels like to show a close-up of the player that just made a play and at 4 minutes left in the 1st half, the Nuggets threw a long pass after a missed basket and the announcers are getting all excited while we're not looking at the play. lol

Jokic sure caused issues for Golden State. They couldn't figure out who to play him defensively.

If I say something nice about Hernangomez, will you think I'm gloating? OK, I'm gloating! ;-)

Remember this: Golden State is #1 or #2 in multiple defensive categories.

Kudos to the Nuggets. One of the most impressive games they've ever played and I saw their 186-184 triple overtime win over the Pistons and their 1st round upset of the Sonics.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:33 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:We have the advantage tonight - The Warriors are over-confident. We're going to sneak up on them before we try to outscore them - oops, wait a minute, that might not work. Let me work on this some more. With these two offenses; anyone ready to predict a score of 130+ to 115?

OBT; when I asked about a 130-115 score, I was thinking the Nuggets would be scoring 115. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:41 pm

Just looked at the very impressive box score. So many great stats; consistent with the way the entire team played. The one stat that bugged me shouldn't surprise anybody here: Murray only played 23 minutes. Just don't understand why Malone doesn't play him more. I'm not upset over Harris or Nelson minutes; they were reasonable considering Mudiay was out. It's just a stat that puzzles me. Malone could have evened those minutes out at least a little.
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,259

Post#30 » by RRFB » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:08 pm

:roll: Aren't you guys getting tired of complaining about Malone all day, every day? It sure is getting old reading the same posts in every thread..

Give the guy some credit where it's due. He's installed the perfect offense around Jokic and it's running like a well oiled machine right now. It doesn't matter who's in the lineup, they're putting up 120+ practically every single night. There aren't many teams that move the ball the like the Nuggets and Malone deserves some credit for that. Obviously the defense leaves something to be desired, but this offense is a joy to watch right now.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:04 pm

RRFB wrote::roll: Aren't you guys getting tired of complaining about Malone all day, every day? It sure is getting old reading the same posts in every thread..

Give the guy some credit where it's due. He's installed the perfect offense around Jokic and it's running like a well oiled machine right now. It doesn't matter who's in the lineup, they're putting up 120+ practically every single night. There aren't many teams that move the ball the like the Nuggets and Malone deserves some credit for that. Obviously the defense leaves something to be desired, but this offense is a joy to watch right now.

I gave him some credit in this game. He pretty much juggled the players he had, that's what I basically said. I give him no credit for whom he chose to play, he had no choice and this game seems to indicate that PERHAPS Malone hasn't been giving enough minutes to Hernangomez, for instance.

I still stick with my Malone standard questions:
1) He was introduced as a defensive coach and we have none.
2) He was introduced as a person people get along with and he's had a 1 year+ issue with Nurkic that he couldn't overcome plus there have been minor rumblings from Nelson, Chandler, Faried also plus he lost 3 assistant coaches after one year. Either a lot of coincidences or he's not so good at dealing with people. I look at Utah and see them with long-term veterans coming off the bench and when filling in for injured players, playing lots of minutes effectively. Sometimes they don't even play, but they all seem satisfied. Perhaps it comes down to what Chandler hinted at, no consistency (or understanding of what the coach is planning).

Also, this is not the offense Malone installed. Think back to last year's offense. What changed? A new assistant coach that brought in the Houston "3 or layup" offense. Give Malone credit for finally putting Jokic in the center of it - after 1.25 years of giving Jokic 20 mpg. Jokic's only had 30+ mpg maybe 10 times or less though. Malone just will NOT commit to his young players!
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Post#32 » by Powder Blue » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:47 pm

RRFB wrote::roll: Aren't you guys getting tired of complaining about Malone all day, every day? It sure is getting old reading the same posts in every thread..

It gets old reading fantasy trade posts daily but they still keep coming. Last night wasn't a coaching win, Malone wasn't able to botch things with the limited bench he had.

Malone being the head coach sure he gets some credit for the offense but it's not complicated. Jokic facilitates from the top and players know if they move they'll get the ball, then they need to make the shot. Let's not forget they're still under .500

This was the first game the young guys got serious minutes over the vets....Only because the vets were unavailable. Given this was an abnormality there's no reason Junacho and Murray should go back to being buried when the old core returns.

Return to Denver Nuggets