Wilson Chandler

Moderator: THE J0KER

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Wilson Chandler 

Post#1 » by The Rebel » Sun Mar 5, 2017 1:25 pm

Sounds like Chandler is still not happy with his role. I think it is time to trade him.

For those that do not know this is a reporter for mile high sports, and it has been retweeted by several of the known Denver bloggers and writers.
Read on Twitter
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: Wilson Chandler 

Post#2 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Mar 5, 2017 2:15 pm

The Rebel wrote:Sounds like Chandler is still not happy with his role. I think it is time to trade him.]

<sigh> You're probably right. Chandler & Arthur would be my picks to keep, especially Arthur. IMO they fit on any team and are good team players. But there's no sense keeping a player that is not happy, for whatever reason. Then again, if that's the case, Denver might need to trade about 20 players. LOL
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,176

Post#3 » by Mickey8 » Sun Mar 5, 2017 5:07 pm

Very selfish comment of him to make when team is in the midst of play off race , he was the starter last night and with Nelson he was easily worst player on the court, probably cost Denver a win, team management should bench him ,play Hernangomez instead of him rest of the season.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#4 » by skywalker33 » Sun Mar 5, 2017 6:16 pm

Chandler will be dealt this off-season, just hope we don't lose value like we did with Nurkic.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Mar 5, 2017 8:36 pm

Mickey8 wrote:Very selfish comment of him to make when team is in the midst of play off race , he was the starter last night and with Nelson he was easily worst player on the court, probably cost Denver a win, team management should bench him ,play Hernangomez instead of him rest of the season.

Yeah, he didn't have a good game but except for Jokic & Murray, the whole team stunk it up. Yet Chandler was the only Nugget that had a plus/minus rating that was positive and it was +7. That's a big difference when everyone else is a minus. I wasn't impressed with anyone's defense - did the Nuggets even try to play defense? But Chandler must have done something right and it certainly wasn't his 1-8 shooting, so it had to be defense. I don't know. :crazy:

skywalker33 wrote:Chandler will be dealt this off-season, just hope we don't lose value like we did with Nurkic.

His value would have been higher last year, like the other Nuggets' veterans.
Will they trade him? Hard to say. Remember that Nurkic was in Malone's doghouse last year and they didn't trade him. Chandler doesn't appear to be in the doghouse, so they might keep him. I don't know. The only thing I know about our front office, the only thing I can dare try to predict is that they will draft well and their Euro-stashes stand a good chance of being good. :banghead:
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by The Rebel » Sun Mar 5, 2017 10:31 pm

I know some of you love Chandler, I personally have always been more middle of the road, he has just never come off as someone who loves playing in Denver and has always been too reserved for my tastes. I like guys who play with fire, that are willing to do anything and everything they possibly could to win the game. He has never appeared to be like that to me. There is no question in my mind that there really is only a marginal difference in talent between him and Gallo, yet Gallo has always been the clearly better player, and I think his lackadaisical attitude has been the cause of that.

Now saying that every team needs guys like Chandler, someone that can do everything well and has plenty of talent but is never going to be a max deal. He should have plenty of trade value, and it is past time to move him. This is a young team, and it is past tie to embrace that fact.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Mar 5, 2017 10:39 pm

The Rebel wrote:I know some of you love Chandler, I personally have always been more middle of the road, he has just never come off as someone who loves playing in Denver and has always been too reserved for my tastes. I like guys who play with fire, that are willing to do anything and everything they possibly could to win the game. He has never appeared to be like that to me. There is no question in my mind that there really is only a marginal difference in talent between him and Gallo, yet Gallo has always been the clearly better player, and I think his lackadaisical attitude has been the cause of that.

Now saying that every team needs guys like Chandler, someone that can do everything well and has plenty of talent but is never going to be a max deal. He should have plenty of trade value, and it is past time to move him. This is a young team, and it is past tie to embrace that fact.

Totally agree with you. I think he's great off the bench because he does everything good, but he doesn't do anything great. Plus against the bench players of the world, he's outstanding - against starters, not as good.
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#8 » by U hova » Sun Mar 5, 2017 10:40 pm

Just as an aside I don't want Juancho playing the 3 if we move Chandler
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by The Rebel » Mon Mar 6, 2017 12:49 am

U hova wrote:Just as an aside I don't want Juancho playing the 3 if we move Chandler

Why? Until Hernangomez bulks up a little he is fine as a backup 3, as he adds bulk he is going to be a stretch 4, but for now he could slide right into the role that Chandler is playing.
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#10 » by Mickey8 » Mon Mar 6, 2017 12:53 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:Very selfish comment of him to make when team is in the midst of play off race , he was the starter last night and with Nelson he was easily worst player on the court, probably cost Denver a win, team management should bench him ,play Hernangomez instead of him rest of the season.

Yeah, he didn't have a good game but except for Jokic & Murray, the whole team stunk it up. Yet Chandler was the only Nugget that had a plus/minus rating that was positive and it was +7. That's a big difference when everyone else is a minus. I wasn't impressed with anyone's defense - did the Nuggets even try to play defense? But Chandler must have done something right and it certainly wasn't his 1-8 shooting, so it had to be defense. I don't know. :crazy:

skywalker33 wrote:Chandler will be dealt this off-season, just hope we don't lose value like we did with Nurkic.

His value would have been higher last year, like the other Nuggets' veterans.
Will they trade him? Hard to say. Remember that Nurkic was in Malone's doghouse last year and they didn't trade him. Chandler doesn't appear to be in the doghouse, so they might keep him. I don't know. The only thing I know about our front office, the only thing I can dare try to predict is that they will draft well and their Euro-stashes stand a good chance of being good. :banghead:

I don't know about plus and minuses , I don't pay attention that much about them , but Chandler was pretty bad whole game, he also forced three point shots even though he couldn't score to save his life , pretty much played not so intelligent basketball , and to say after that performance, I should have been traded :roll: Jokic was good at defensive end, really didn't let Kemba Walker score with the drive in's , because he was running circles around poor Nelson entire game .
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Mar 6, 2017 1:24 am

Mickey8 wrote:I don't know about plus and minuses , I don't pay attention that much about them , but Chandler was pretty bad whole game, he also forced three point shots even though he couldn't score to save his life , pretty much played not so intelligent basketball , and to say after that performance, I should have been traded :roll: Jokic was good at defensive end, really didn't let Kemba Walker score with the drive in's , because he was running circles around poor Nelson entire game .

Chandler wasn't the only one not hitting 3 pt shots.
2-8 Gallinari
1-5 Chandler
2-6 Nelson
0-1 Harris
1-4 Barton
0-2 Arthur

Then we have two rookies
1-1 Hernangomez
2-3 Murray
Acountant_Z
Junior
And1: 169

Post#12 » by Acountant_Z » Mon Mar 6, 2017 2:45 am

There seems to be a perpetual dissent in Nuggets dressing room. Guys unhappy about this and that, one-day starter next day bench warmer. Constant questions and speculation, DRAMA.
We are loaded with good players both vets and youngs. I am not sure players are the issue.
It is not the worst thing in the World io have a player who is ambitious and wants to play.
kinggnik87
Sophomore
And1: 172

Post#13 » by kinggnik87 » Mon Mar 6, 2017 3:33 am

WC is a good player who can defend and attack. However, if he don't have the attitude, then we can't have him in the team. To be honest, we know either Gallo or him will be traded soon, and as of this moment, Gallo seems like the one who gonna stay.

It is such a shame though, WC can really defend opponent best players.
MidMountain
Senior
And1: 236

Post#14 » by MidMountain » Mon Mar 6, 2017 2:04 pm

I want players that are willing to do whatever they can to help the team win and be happy doing it. Chandler is not good enough to be catered to.
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Post#15 » by Powder Blue » Mon Mar 6, 2017 4:54 pm

I don't condone Chandler's comment but I feel for the dude. He was playing better than anyone early on this season and then Malone dicked around with the rotation a bunch and his play slipped. He was outshining Gallo early but always has to play second fiddle to him. He's also playing out of place at the 4 and being asked to bang in the paint a bit more and that's not his strength.

I think Chandler is our best tradable player, Nuggets must have been asking a lot for him because I know he was sought-after at the deadline.
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#16 » by Mickey8 » Mon Mar 6, 2017 7:02 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:I don't know about plus and minuses , I don't pay attention that much about them , but Chandler was pretty bad whole game, he also forced three point shots even though he couldn't score to save his life , pretty much played not so intelligent basketball , and to say after that performance, I should have been traded :roll: Jokic was good at defensive end, really didn't let Kemba Walker score with the drive in's , because he was running circles around poor Nelson entire game .

Chandler wasn't the only one not hitting 3 pt shots.
2-8 Gallinari
1-5 Chandler
2-6 Nelson
0-1 Harris
1-4 Barton
0-2 Arthur

Then we have two rookies
1-1 Hernangomez
2-3 Murray

I know, Gallinari was equally horrible in the second half, but Chandler supposedly made that comment after poor performance , its not like he didn't start that game and didn't have opportunity to showcase his skills.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Mar 7, 2017 4:38 am

Oops, Chandler just scored a career high on some fine shooting and even managed to add 12 rebounds and a couple of steals.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#18 » by skywalker33 » Tue Mar 7, 2017 4:42 am

That performance has gotta help his trade value
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
mcmurphy
Starter
And1: 1,850

Post#19 » by mcmurphy » Tue Mar 7, 2017 11:27 am

skywalker33 wrote:That performance has gotta help his trade value

yeaaahh, Chandler is super professional... is not Nurkic
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by The Rebel » Tue Mar 7, 2017 1:08 pm

mcmurphy wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:That performance has gotta help his trade value

yeaaahh, Chandler is super professional... is not Nurkic

Sure he is, if you ignore the fact that he has openly complained an wanted out at least twice now. While he goes out and plays hard every night, having a guy openly complaining in the locker room is still terrible for a young team.

Return to Denver Nuggets