How Does Hibbert Fit for the Nuggets?

Moderator: THE J0KER

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

How Does Hibbert Fit for the Nuggets? 

Post#1 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:36 pm

He's a good low-post physical presence but not very mobile. So he probably won't fit with Jokic like Plumlee does. He makes a good 3rd string center who plays basically for emergencies/injuries.

However, can I suggest something weird (that Malone will probably never do)? The ideal team for Hibbert would be an ISO-oriented team, while the ideal team for Jokic is a moving team. So who moves the most and who are the best ISO players?

Hibbert-Chandler-Gallinari-Barton-Nelson
Jokic-Plumlee-Gallinari-Harris-Murray

OK, OK, I get it, I've got Gallinari on both lists. I could have put Chandler on both lists but truthfully they are both better at ISO than movement. The Nuggets don't have a SF that is motion oriented. Sounds like we need another SF.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: How Does Hibbert Fit for the Nuggets? 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:39 pm

He adds to the salary cap, nothing more...sad, but true
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
FilNugsFan
Sophomore
And1: 255

Post#3 » by FilNugsFan » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:16 am

Not sure if Hibbert's here for the long haul. Seems like he is out of shape and is nowhere near that All-Star center that played for Indiana, but remains serviceable as an insurance center.
kinggnik87
Sophomore
And1: 172

Post#4 » by kinggnik87 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:35 am

NuggetsWY wrote:He's a good low-post physical presence but not very mobile. So he probably won't fit with Jokic like Plumlee does. He makes a good 3rd string center who plays basically for emergencies/injuries.

However, can I suggest something weird (that Malone will probably never do)? The ideal team for Hibbert would be an ISO-oriented team, while the ideal team for Jokic is a moving team. So who moves the most and who are the best ISO players?

OK, OK, I get it, I've got Gallinari on both lists. I could have put Chandler on both lists but truthfully they are both better at ISO than movement. The Nuggets don't have a SF that is motion oriented. Sounds like we need another SF.

Not a bad idea lineup. Provide another strategy as a backup.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:18 am

kinggnik87 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:He's a good low-post physical presence but not very mobile. So he probably won't fit with Jokic like Plumlee does. He makes a good 3rd string center who plays basically for emergencies/injuries.

Not a bad idea lineup. Provide another strategy as a backup.

With Malone as the coach? No deal. If Jokic or Plumlee goes down, my bet is Malone will still use Faried & Arthur as the backup. I think Hibbert was a front office add, not a coach's add.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#6 » by skywalker33 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:11 pm

Having seen Hibbert last night, he did seem to provide an inside presence that we've been lacking. Could be very useful in the playoffs.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:26 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Having seen Hibbert last night, he did seem to provide an inside presence that we've been lacking. Could be very useful in the playoffs.

I think you're exactly right. He's a fairly intelligent inside player with above average strength and lots of experience.
He probably wouldn't play against the Warriors though. Now if the Spurs are our first round matchup, I can see him being of value. They are a veteran team with some big bodies and Malone seems to like playing the veterans, so ...

Return to Denver Nuggets