Moderator: THE J0KER

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: 2017 offseason 

Post#621 » by The Rebel » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:38 am

Powder Blue wrote:
The Rebel wrote:Connolly is supposed to be in studio for an hour with Hastings on Altitude on Monday and Malone will be on there Tuesday for those who want to listen.

Won't it be the same GM/Coach speak we always here from them?

Probably, but maybe he will slip up and tell use something worthwhile.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#622 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:51 am

The Rebel wrote:
Powder Blue wrote:
The Rebel wrote:Connolly is supposed to be in studio for an hour with Hastings on Altitude on Monday and Malone will be on there Tuesday for those who want to listen.

Won't it be the same GM/Coach speak we always here from them?

Probably, but maybe he will slip up and tell use something worthwhile.

TC is always a good interview, know what to say to keep it interesting. However, I expect coach speak from Malone, nothing more.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#623 » by The Rebel » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:33 pm

Like I have said I don't think the Nuggets can build a superteam this summer, but what if we can figure out how to get Porzingis?

Nuggets out
Chandler, Faried, Arthur, Nelson, Mudiay, and the 13th.

In Noah, delladova, Frye, Porzingis and the 17th pick.

Knicks out
Melo, Porzingis, Noah, Lee

In Love, Chandler, Mudiay, Arthur, Shumpert, 17th overall pick.

Knicks get 2 more prospects and move Melo while also putting a team together that can make the playoffs and have more than max cap space this summer.

Cavs out
Love, Shumpert, Frye,

In Melo, Nelson, Hawes, Lee

LeBron reportedly wants Melo, but he is not enough to get Love, so they upgrade Backup sg, get a good backup pg, and a stretch big while dumping a couple of bad contracts.

Bucks in Faried, Arthur for Delladova, Hawes.and the 17th pick.

Bucks dump a terrible contract and pick up 2 bugs that fit their team needs.

While the Nuggets take back a couple of really bad contracts we would now have a monster lineup of the future and those guys are known as defenders and leaders. We also still have $36 million or so in cap space to get a guy like Ingles, a good 3rd center, and 3rd pg.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#624 » by The Rebel » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:35 pm

Read on Twitter

George wants out, don't know what it would take but I think he is a great fit with the young guys.
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,259

Post#625 » by RRFB » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:37 pm

That should lower his value considerably while also scaring off potential suitors. I'd still trade just about anything outside of Jokic, Harris, Murray, and preferably Juancho. Chandler, Mudiay, Barton (or Beasley), and #13 should be a competitive opening offer. Then go get either Chris Paul or Millsap.

I have no doubt that George could put up the best numbers of his career in this offense next to Jokic and probably move Denver to a top 5 team in the West. He'd have to give it a second thought before running to the Lakers, but even if he does, you've shown the rest of the league what this team is capable of with some star power and greatly improve your chances of signing a big name FA. The Nuggets need to move some players anyway, this is exactly the kind of risk they need to take.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#626 » by The Rebel » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:43 pm

RRFB wrote:That should lower his value considerably while also scaring off potential suitors. I'd still trade just about anything outside of Jokic, Harris, Murray, and preferably Juancho. Chandler, Mudiay, Barton (or Beasley), and #13 should be a competitive opening offer. Then go get either Chris Paul or Millsap.

I have no doubt that George could put up the best numbers of his career in this offense next to Jokic and probably move Denver to a top 5 team in the West. He'd have to give it a second thought before running to the Lakers, but even if he does, you've shown the rest of the league what this team is capable of with some star power and greatly improve your chances of signing a big name FA. The Nuggets need to move some players anyway, this is exactly the kind of risk they need to take.

Opening offer? I think that will be more then the ending offer.

I think the Nuggets can get him for Chandler, Faried, and Mudiay with the 13th.

We can trade Barton for something else.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#627 » by The Rebel » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:44 pm

Read on Twitter

Kyler is terrible for everybody but the Celtics. I have long said there is no way Ainge trades for George with him wanting to go to the Lakers.
RRFB
Assistant Coach

Post#628 » by RRFB » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:56 pm

The Rebel wrote:
RRFB wrote:That should lower his value considerably while also scaring off potential suitors. I'd still trade just about anything outside of Jokic, Harris, Murray, and preferably Juancho. Chandler, Mudiay, Barton (or Beasley), and #13 should be a competitive opening offer. Then go get either Chris Paul or Millsap.

Indiana's going to want young players, picks, and to preserve cap space. I think that more than likely takes Faried out of the deal. Chandler and Barton have value as expiring contracts but Mudiay's value as a prospect is pretty minimal, and the options at #13 aren't looking great right now. So in a vacuum, that offer is essentially expiring contracts and mediocre prospects. Boston is obviously the dark horse that could blow our offer out of the water, but I could see another team offering slightly more than that.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#629 » by The Rebel » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:20 pm

RRFB wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Indiana's going to want young players, picks, and to preserve cap space. I think that more than likely takes Faried out of the deal. Chandler and Barton have value as expiring contracts but Mudiay's value as a prospect is pretty minimal, and the options at #13 aren't looking great right now. So in a vacuum, that offer is essentially expiring contracts and mediocre prospects. Boston is obviously the dark horse that could blow our offer out of the water, but I could see another team offering slightly more than that.

Bird said very clearly before the trade deadline that they are not allowed to blow it up and do a full rebuild. They also have no cap space if they want to bring back Teague. Faried and Chandler fill their 2 biggest holes, so I think they would be much more interested then you seem to think.
RRFB
Assistant Coach

Post#630 » by RRFB » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:39 pm

The Rebel wrote:
RRFB wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Bird said very clearly before the trade deadline that they are not allowed to blow it up and do a full rebuild. They also have no cap space if they want to bring back Teague. Faried and Chandler fill their 2 biggest holes, so I think they would be much more interested then you seem to think.

I hadn't heard that about Bird rebuilding, but I hope you're right. Either way, I expect us to be a major player to land PG. If Indiana's smart, they'll find a deal before the season starts.
Sir Psycho Sexy
Senior
And1: 502

Post#631 » by Sir Psycho Sexy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:46 pm

Jokic is on the first NT players list for the summer. Reports were that he might not play but now I'm not sure
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#632 » by The Rebel » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:33 am

Listening to bits and pieces of Connelly and Arturus it sounds like they are either trading up or trading the pick outright.

They are also talking about taking steps in development, like many of us used to talk about, so I would guess they do not think they can build a team good enough to beat the Warriors this year.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#633 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:43 pm

The Rebel wrote:Listening to bits and pieces of Connelly and Arturus it sounds like they are either trading up or trading the pick outright.

They are also talking about taking steps in development, like many of us used to talk about, so I would guess they do not think they can build a team good enough to beat the Warriors this year.

Gotta agree, they sound good and like Connelly said, last year they said they needed to improve shooting - and they did.
I'm trying to be patient. Let's see how they do on defense this year, but like Connelly said, no one player they draft this year will fix their defensive issues.

An interesting summary plus a broadcast:
http://milehighsports.com/tim-connelly-fixing-nuggets-defense-wont-happen-one-draft-pick/
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#634 » by The Rebel » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:22 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I wonder what Phil is looking for? I would love to see him added to the young core.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#635 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:47 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I wonder what Phil is looking for? I would love to see him added to the young core.

My bet is Phil is looking for multiple good players. He needs to win now.
I wouldn't mind grabbing Porzingis.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#636 » by The Rebel » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:59 pm

Read on Twitter

I don't know if this means he wants the world, or that he is aggressively pricing him to move him quickly.

Read on Twitter
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#637 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:24 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't know if this means he wants the world, or that he is aggressively pricing him to move him quickly.

Could we "outlaw" the word "aggressive" when talking about the Nuggets? :lol: I'm not sure the Nuggets' front office understands what that word means and I think that leaves their fans a little confused. :banghead:

Is our motto: "We are going to aggressively seek to be aggressive in maintaining our aggressive unstated long-term plan while aggressively maintaining our aggressive approach in the draft and also aggressively approach free agents that we expect to aggressively avoid signing with Denver?"

Speaking of our long-term plan; does anyone truly know what the Nuggets' long-term plan is? Are we still in the "best player available mode" for draft and free agent and trade?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#638 » by The Rebel » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:41 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Read on Twitter

Could we "outlaw" the word "aggressive" when talking about the Nuggets? :lol: I'm not sure the Nuggets' front office understands what that word means and I think that leaves their fans a little confused. :banghead:

Is our motto: "We are going to aggressively seek to be aggressive in maintaining our aggressive unstated long-term plan while aggressively maintaining our aggressive approach in the draft and also aggressively approach free agents that we expect to aggressively avoid signing with Denver?"

Speaking of our long-term plan; does anyone truly know what the Nuggets' long-term plan is? Are we still in the "best player available mode" for draft and free agent and trade?

From what I gathered from the media blitz yesterday the Nuggets are looking to fill holes and build around their young guys. Namely Jokic, Murray, and Harris.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#639 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:57 pm

I find this Iweet more interesting, reeks of desperation. I'd take on some salary to get Porzingis, especially given the NY-CLE-MIL-DEN propsal Rebel outlined earlier.

Read on Twitter
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#640 » by The Rebel » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:37 pm

Read on Twitter

If that is the price than they can keep Porzingis and deal with the fall out in a couple of years when he flat says he is not returning to New York.

Most i would offer them is any combination of
Chandler
Barton
Nelson
Arthur
Faried
Beasley
Mudiay
Hernangomez
13th overall pick

and offer to take back Noah's deal if they insist.

A guy with that talent is not getting traded unless there is a major issue with him, say what you will but Jackson is not stupid. Whether Knicks fans will admit it today or not, but if you read some of their own threads a few weeks ago there are many that think he is soft and does not want to work hard. He did not really progress all that much last season, and went from being arguably on the same level as Jokic and Kat to it being arguable if he with be as good as Turner will be.

Return to Denver Nuggets