ImageImageImage

Summer League 2017

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Summer League 2017 

Post#41 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jul 8, 2017 8:46 pm

Like Beasley too but he just showed that he needs to become a bit more efficient,
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,786

Post#42 » by TunaFish » Sun Jul 9, 2017 1:20 am

Beasley's talent is busting out but way out of control. He was the best player on the floor for Denver but I thought he shot them out of the game last night. He is twenty years old so you have to expect it.

Because of Beasley, I am pleased with the 2016 draft. Murray and Hernangomez are keepers and so is Beasley.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#43 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jul 9, 2017 5:19 am

Gotta get me some of those Juancho goggles....DOPE !!

Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 334

Post#44 » by Mac1958 » Sun Jul 9, 2017 1:13 pm

If Beasley is ready, howzabout Harris & Faried for Bledsoe?
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#45 » by TunaFish » Sun Jul 9, 2017 2:01 pm

Harris is a core piece and is unlikely to be traded.
Canned in Denver.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#46 » by The Rebel » Sun Jul 9, 2017 2:03 pm

Mac1958 wrote:If Beasley is ready, howzabout Harris & Faried for Bledsoe?

I wouldn't trade Harris straight up for Bledsoe, in fact I do not think I would trade any of the young guys outside of Lyles for him.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#47 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Jul 9, 2017 7:11 pm

The Rebel wrote:

I wouldn't trade Harris straight up for Bledsoe, in fact I do not think I would trade any of the young guys outside of Lyles for him.

Yeah, that's a "no" just as fast as I can say it. Harris is a team friendly contract even when extended and IMO he's a better player overall than Bledsoe plus Harris is still improving and Bledsoe probably isn't going to improve much.

Bledsoe just might work with Jokic because he's not a true PG, he's a short SG. But it would seem that with Harris, Beasley, Murray, and Mudiay - the Nuggets probably need to figure out if any of those are in their future. Bledsoe is probably not going to be the PG on a championship contending machine - not in my opinion.

Now let's address Harris & Faried? Stop looking at salaries. Salaries being equal does not make the trade equitable. Faried & Nelson? I might go for that. Harris is not in this discussion IMO. I'd hate to include him, but Beasley maybe with Faried. I'm still hoping Mudiay works out and I believe he might be ready this year. But I'd rather keep him too. In my opinion, Harris & Murray are off the trading block unless it's for a proven Super-star --- that would me multiple years in the All-star game and that player must have some years left to play at a high level. I know it would take more than one of them to land that player, but I wouldn't include them for anything less - at least not yet.
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#48 » by TunaFish » Sun Jul 9, 2017 8:58 pm

If you had proposed this trade idea before last season, we probably would have been quick to let Harris go. Harris blows up in one season and Bledsoe is not worth Harris straight up. We will have to be careful with the rest of the youngsters including Beasley.
Canned in Denver.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by The Rebel » Sun Jul 9, 2017 9:46 pm

TunaFish wrote:If you had proposed this trade idea before last season, we probably would have been quick to let Harris go. Harris blows up in one season and Bledsoe is not worth Harris straight up. We will have to be careful with the rest of the youngsters including Beasley.

Actually prior to last season I wouldn't have given anything for Bledsoe, Jokic coming into his own and our young depth makes it viable to have an undersized combo guard with injury issues. Without those factors I am not interested.
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 334

Post#50 » by Mac1958 » Sun Jul 9, 2017 10:04 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Yeah, that's a "no" just as fast as I can say it. Harris is a team friendly contract even when extended and IMO he's a better player overall than Bledsoe plus Harris is still improving and Bledsoe probably isn't going to improve much.

Bledsoe just might work with Jokic because he's not a true PG, he's a short SG. But it would seem that with Harris, Beasley, Murray, and Mudiay - the Nuggets probably need to figure out if any of those are in their future. Bledsoe is probably not going to be the PG on a championship contending machine - not in my opinion.

Now let's address Harris & Faried? Stop looking at salaries. Salaries being equal does not make the trade equitable. Faried & Nelson? I might go for that. Harris is not in this discussion IMO. I'd hate to include him, but Beasley maybe with Faried. I'm still hoping Mudiay works out and I believe he might be ready this year. But I'd rather keep him too. In my opinion, Harris & Murray are off the trading block unless it's for a proven Super-star --- that would me multiple years in the All-star game and that player must have some years left to play at a high level. I know it would take more than one of them to land that player, but I wouldn't include them for anything less - at least not yet.

I actually like Harris, but if (a BIG "if" there) Beasley continues to develop and the light goes on for Mudiay, I can see a real traffic jam in the backcourt. It seems to me that, now that that Millsap is in the fold, point guard is the next biggest question mark, followed by SF. My guess (worth pretty much nothing) is that the light isn't going to go on for Mudiay...
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#51 » by TunaFish » Sun Jul 9, 2017 10:32 pm

You are right in that hopefully there will be a logjam because they all become good. Remember, Beasley is 20, Murray is 20, Mudiay is 21 and Harris is 22. Too soon to be making any trades for any until we see what we have.
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Jul 9, 2017 11:08 pm

Mac1958 wrote:I actually like Harris, but if (a BIG "if" there) Beasley continues to develop and the light goes on for Mudiay, I can see a real traffic jam in the backcourt. It seems to me that, now that that Millsap is in the fold, point guard is the next biggest question mark, followed by SF. My guess (worth pretty much nothing) is that the light isn't going to go on for Mudiay...

Can't argue with that. However, if we trade them now, we don't get a lot of value, at least not as much as they would be worth if the "light goes on next year". If the "light does not go on", we will lose value, but not all that much. It's a gamble, but it seems like it's worthwhile.

Your point about adding Millsap and PG being the next biggest question mark might be argued regarding SF, but even if we land a top PG, this team probably does not get home-court advantage in the playoffs. Bledsoe is ranked somewhere around 11-15 by most people, many around 11-13. That's not truly "elite" but definitely above any of our guards. Just doesn't seem worthwhile.

P.S. I'm not sure an injury-ridden shoot-first PG is what the Nuggets actually need, in the long-term.
skywalker33

Post#53 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:50 am

Wow, 23 turnovers to just 14 assists, no team will win that way. Glad this is just the SL, at least I'll have a couple of months to purge this one.

TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#54 » by TunaFish » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:44 am

The Sunday night commentators were gushing over Hernangomez and Beasley.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#55 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:19 am

TunaFish wrote:The Sunday night commentators were gushing over Hernangomez and Beasley.

Well they were the only real decent NBA talent on the floor, had to gush over something.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:58 am

It's summer league, I'm not getting too excited about team play on offense (not much for Denver) or team defense (even less there for Denver). We see a little "team" here and a little "team" there. It's OK. Most of these guys are trying to impress scouts and for most players points & blocks & rebounds are the stats they care about the most.

It's nice to see Beasley playing. He's playing with a great deal of confidence on offense, deservedly so. He also seems to be making serious efforts on defense, although like most young players, he shows some misjudgments that won't last, we hope. No doubt he'll start the season with 10-15 mpg. I'm hoping by January 1st, he begins playing 15-20 mpg and finishes the year at close to 20 mpg - but he's going to have to earn that.

Hernangomez seems the most impressive and that shouldn't be surprising. He's being a vocal leader and doing a great job on offense, but we should have expected that. What seems most impressive IMO is his defense and rebounding (mostly the defense). He deserves some serious minutes this year - hopefully pushing near 30 mpg.
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Post#57 » by Powder Blue » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:06 am

I know it’s only summer league but it’s fair to say the expectations of Cornelie, Morris and Radicevic need to be extremely lowered on here. None will make the team.

Nice to see Beasley and Juancho playing well

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#58 » by The Rebel » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:52 am

Powder Blue wrote:I know it’s only summer league but it’s fair to say the expectations of Cornelie, Morris and Radicevic need to be extremely lowered on here. None will make the team.

Nice to see Beasley and Juancho playing well

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

Morris has looked pretty good on occasion, this is the time I wished we had the Dleague team to do the 2 way contract on him.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#59 » by MHZ » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:14 pm

I don't think we need an actual team to do it, right? We can still sign him to a two-way, we just have less control over his development at the D-League.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#60 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:16 pm

MHZ wrote:I don't think we need an actual team to do it, right? We can still sign him to a two-way, we just have less control over his development at the D-League.

Nope, you must have your own G-League team to use the "Two-Way" designation which allows 17 players under contract if two are "Two-Way" designated.

Without a G-League team, you are limited to 15 contracts and no "Two-Way" players, meaning you are under the same constraints as the D-League of last year.

Return to Denver Nuggets