AL West

Moderator: TyCobb

Best of AL West?

A's
1
25%
Angels
0
No votes
Astros
1
25%
Rangers
1
25%
M's
1
25%
 
Total votes: 4

User avatar
Cactus Jack
Head Coach
Posts: 6,960
And1: 2,752
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: NBA team was stolen
     

AL West 

Post#1 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:29 am

Astros/Rangers/M's are talked about as the favorites. Who you got? Discuss.
Torchmode wrote:They hate us cause they aint us. Simple as that
User avatar
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 32,264
And1: 4,320
Joined: Apr 17, 2005
Location: Pitcher's Mound
     

Re: AL West 

Post#2 » by TyCobb » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:04 pm

Hard not to like the Texas teams this year--even as an Angels fan.

I have Texas > Houston > Mariners > Angels > Athletics.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,095
And1: 520
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: AL West 

Post#3 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:02 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Astros/Rangers/M's are talked about as the favorites. Who you got? Discuss.

Don't know much about any of these ball clubs as of yet. But from what I have seen so far, there is absolutely hardly any pitching in this division outside of Oakland.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,637
And1: 690
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: AL West 

Post#4 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:43 pm

Always going to pick my Rangers...

But man, Dyson.
Image
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,095
And1: 520
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: AL West 

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:20 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Always going to pick my Rangers...

But man, Dyson.

Do you think Bush will be a better closer?
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,637
And1: 690
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: AL West 

Post#6 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:48 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Always going to pick my Rangers...

But man, Dyson.

Do you think Bush will be a better closer?


If he gets the chance, I think he'll be fine. The problem now is this...

Who pitches the 8th in his place? Jeffress?
And who pitches the 7th in Jeffress' place?

I'm not kidding - the bullpen is a complete disaster right now. And when your three primary starters can't even get through 6 innings, a bullpen mess is the last thing you need.

And - there is this. The Rangers have played 4 series so far... three against teams with losing records (all AL West) and the Indians (currently 8-7). They're 5-10. 4 of those wins - they scored 8 runs. 6 of their losses... 2 or fewer.

There be problems down here...
Image
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,095
And1: 520
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: AL West 

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:50 pm

I had to ask. I found Bush on a couple waiver wires where I'm a bit short on RP's, so I picked him up.
User avatar
RaoulDuke79
Head Coach
Posts: 6,733
And1: 450
Joined: Jul 31, 2006
Location: The Bone Zone

Re: AL West 

Post#8 » by RaoulDuke79 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:04 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Always going to pick my Rangers...

But man, Dyson.

Do you think Bush will be a better closer?


If he gets the chance, I think he'll be fine. The problem now is this...

Who pitches the 8th in his place? Jeffress?
And who pitches the 7th in Jeffress' place?

I'm not kidding - the bullpen is a complete disaster right now. And when your three primary starters can't even get through 6 innings, a bullpen mess is the last thing you need.

And - there is this. The Rangers have played 4 series so far... three against teams with losing records (all AL West) and the Indians (currently 8-7). They're 5-10. 4 of those wins - they scored 8 runs. 6 of their losses... 2 or fewer.

There be problems down here...


I'm telling you man, just hang on! May 1st is right around the corner and it will inevitably mark the beginning of your turnaround.

Of course, I hope I am horribly wrong because I'm sick of losing to you taint muffins.
Image
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,637
And1: 690
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: AL West 

Post#9 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:31 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I had to ask. I found Bush on a couple waiver wires where I'm a bit short on RP's, so I picked him up.


Solid pickup - wish Banny would have went with him as the closer from the get go.
Image
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,095
And1: 520
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: AL West 

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Yesterday 3:31 pm

I've seen a few AL west games in the past week on MLB. It looks like to me that Houston has the best team, but don't tell jwise I said that. lol.

Return to The General MLB Board