Trout gets own Nike shoe, first since Griffey

Moderator: TyCobb

dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,652

Trout gets own Nike shoe, first since Griffey 

Post#1 » by dockingsched » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:20 am

For those unfamiliar with Trout, he is not only the best young player in the game today at 22 years old, many people are already calling him an all-time great if the stars all align and he continues the pace he is on. For a game that places so much importance on numbers, he has all the analytics people losing their minds over how dominant he is. Not only that, he does it all with a grace and a smile that reminds you of players like Griffey and so many others that came before him when baseball was fun. If anybody has a chance to break through and become the mainstream star that the sport has been missing for quite some time now, it might just be Trout. Oh, and he’s a Nike guy. Imagine that…

Today, Nike officially revealed the Nike Lunar Vapor Trout, the first signature baseball cleats from Nike since they were lacing up Junior. Even Nike’s team of designers were acknowledging that this was a long time coming and that they were glad to have an athlete that represents the future – young, dynamic, fast and powerful – like Trout. So let’s do a recap of the event that just took place today which included the reveal of the cleats, a short talk with Trout and a session with his trainer that was basically designed to make my life a living hell. Ok, not really, but you’ll see what I mean later…

http://www.kicksonfire.com/2014/06/20/l ... ll-cleats/
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Re: Trout gets own Nike shoe, first since Griffey 

Post#2 » by TyCobb » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:53 am

I like his version much more.

Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#3 » by Higga » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:20 pm

I can't wait till he's a FA. He'll be the first $300 Mil player, and he deserves every penny(if not more).
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#4 » by truth18 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:18 pm

Camo in that second pick is disgusting. First pic version is great though.

Hope he ends up on the Sox eventually
YOU LOSE

Return to The General MLB Board