OT- MLB Expansion draft game

Moderator: TyCobb

vannzee
Sophomore
And1: 8

OT- MLB Expansion draft game 

Post#1 » by vannzee » Sun Oct 5, 2014 1:17 am

Hello,

This is a repeat of something I saw on Redditt a few months back and it is in regards to what if there was an MLB expansion draft.

The rules are… Select the 15 players from your teams organization (not just 40 man roster) that you would protect.

Players drafted or signed after 2012 are automatically protected, and pending free agents can not be protected. (Here is where most free agents to be are listed: http://www.baseballprospectus.com/compe ... -for-2015/ )

After the initial 15 then please list an additional 6 that would be protected in case a player or two from your team is picked then those others could also become protected.

Also, if possible please list notable players exposed and free agents to be…if possible.

I would like very much to get each of the 30 MLB teams listed here and in the end do a mock expansion draft so please lets try and make this happen.

Thank you, And I will start this off with my beloved Tigers.

1.1B Miguel Cabrera 2.2B Ian Kinsler 3.SS Eugenio Suarez 4.3B Nick Castellanos 5.OF JD Martinez 6.OF Stephen Moya 7.SP Justin Verlander 8.SP Rick Porcello 9.SP Anibal Sanchez 10.SP David Price 11.2B Devon Travis 12.C Alex Avila (I think the Tigers are higher on him then the fans are.) 13.SP Robbie Ray 14.OF Rajai Davis 15.RP Al Alburqueque

2./1. C James McCann (Could probably flip Avila with McCann if you wanted to) 2./2. RP Bruce Rondon (Betting that coming off of Tommy John a team would be shy) 2./3. SS Jose Igelsias (Coming off of a lost year with little hitting ability, he’s less likely to get picked then Suarez) 3./1. SP Kyle Lobstein 3./2. OF Tyler Collins 3.3. INF Hernan Perez

Fully exposed: SP Kyle Ryan, RP Blaine Hardy, RP Luke Putkonen, RP Joe Nathan, RP Melvin Mercedes, P Chad Smith, RP Jose Valdez, RP Pat McCoy, RP Evan Reed, C Bryan Holaday, UT Don Kelly, INF Austin Romine, OF Andy Dirks, OF Daniel Fields, OF Ez Carrera
Free Agents: Scherzer, Joba Chamberlin, Phil Coke, Jim Johnson, Joakim Soria (Player option), Victor Martinez, Torii Hunter
vannzee

Return to The General MLB Board