The Royals Needed A Long Term Ace Not Cueto

Moderator: TyCobb

Disabled Sports
Junior
And1: 711

The Royals Needed A Long Term Ace Not Cueto 

Post#1 » by Disabled Sports » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:28 pm

Disclaimer: I have a disability called Cerebral Palsy so it may be hard to understand me: Cliffs Notes: I personally believe this is a bad trade for KC no matter the quality players they gave up because KC most likely won't be able afford cueto in FA which means Kc is stuck in the same spot they were before cueto counting on ventura to be the ace and if that doesn't work having to trade more prospects to get another ace. Cole Hamels would've been a better option since he's under contract until at least 2019

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6zyunZGld4&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Read on Twitter
Raptor_Guy
General Manager
And1: 3,053

Re: The Royals Needed A Long Term Ace Not Cueto 

Post#2 » by Raptor_Guy » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:21 pm

Disabled Sports wrote:Disclaimer: I have a disability called Cerebral Palsy so it may be hard to understand me: Cliffs Notes: I personally believe this is a bad trade for KC no matter the quality players they gave up because KC most likely won't be able afford cueto in FA which means Kc is stuck in the same spot they were before cueto counting on ventura to be the ace and if that doesn't work having to trade more prospects to get another ace. Cole Hamels would've been a better option since he's under contract until at least 2019

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6zyunZGld4&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

I agree to an extent but at the same time you have to go all in sometimes and they have the best record in the AL so it seems like this is the year to do it. Also it would appear Hamels would have cost a lot more prospects than Cueto.
North_of_Border
Pro Prospect
And1: 369

Post#3 » by North_of_Border » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:20 am

The Royals have very small window to win the World Series. They are a small market team, that cant afford huge contracts. They were considered an after thought for years, no one took them seriously. Now they are serious. They have a chance to win it all.

.............. If they dont win it all soon. They will not win it all at all. For maybe half a decade atleast.

Moustakas, Hosmer, Holland etc... Key guys will be out of their price range after this season or by end of next season they will be much weaker.

They have a dominant Bullpen. Strong offense. dependable mid rotation starters.... no Ace...... Cueto fits the bill
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#4 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Aug 3, 2015 4:14 am

I think they should have brought in someone they can control longer than a half year rental but whatever.

they have to shoot their shot.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#5 » by Higga » Mon Aug 3, 2015 4:43 pm

When you have a shot at a ring you go for it, and you worry about next year, next year.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.

Return to The General MLB Board