Tom Lost appeal-4 game suspension upheld

Moderator: bwgood77

Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,321

Re: Tom Lost appeal-4 game suspension upheld 

Post#101 » by Froob » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:07 pm

So I guess Judge Berman is a Pats homer.

Stephen Brown ‏@PPVSRB 49s50 seconds agoMassapequa Park, NY
Berman: "What is the evidence of a scheme or conspiracy that covers the Jan. 18 game? I’m having trouble finding it."

Stephen Brown ‏@PPVSRB 2h2 hours ago Massapequa Park, NY
Nash: "Is there a text in which Mr. Brady instructs someone to put a needle in a football? No there is not such direct evidence."

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 37m37 minutes ago
Wells report said Brady was "generally aware of improper activities". Today judge said, "I'm not sure I know what in the world that means."

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 1h1 hour ago
Judge Richard Berman seemed to question the Wells report, using air quotes with his hands when he called it "independent".

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#102 » by therealbig3 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:17 pm

I mean, we all knew this was coming, right?

How did anyone actually expect an objective look at the facts of the case to NOT favor the Patriots?

Oh and here's a tip for the future: vehemently arguing against science doesn't end well. The science was on the Pats' side in this one.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,285

Post#103 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:14 pm

Froob wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Froob wrote:lol forgot about that, I don't know I'd do case of beer or an expensive wine or something. I feel like restaurant would be hella awkward at this point haha. I'm right by Orono.

Either is fine. Actually the only Beer I like you can get at Burby & Bates right there in Orono, lol. Or we can just settle up at the Sports Arena Some Sunday afternoon. You Can help my mother, brother and best friend pile on me. They're all patsie fans to.

Alright, actually sports arena would be fun. Hopefully this case doesn't take a few years to figure out lol. Maybe by some chance it gets done before Patriots vs Cowboys.

I think its safe to order that case of beer now.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#104 » by Froob » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:48 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Froob wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Either is fine. Actually the only Beer I like you can get at Burby & Bates right there in Orono, lol. Or we can just settle up at the Sports Arena Some Sunday afternoon. You Can help my mother, brother and best friend pile on me. They're all patsie fans to.

Alright, actually sports arena would be fun. Hopefully this case doesn't take a few years to figure out lol. Maybe by some chance it gets done before Patriots vs Cowboys.

I think its safe to order that case of beer now.

We'll see.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#105 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Sep 2, 2015 8:22 am

you guys are almost sounding like Tom Brady and Roger Goodell. Neither of you guys wont budge on this bet...hmmm...Im getting my skittles and watching this one from the sideline.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#106 » by El Turco » Thu Sep 3, 2015 6:08 am

8 days left to season, i assume pats fans still adamant about brady playing week one and goodell losing his job?
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#107 » by Froob » Thu Sep 3, 2015 2:29 pm

Looks like somebody owes me some beer. Justice mother****er!

RIP The_Hater
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Post#108 » by cl2117 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 2:44 pm

So Tom Brady GOAT?

I expect this to go to appeals court and potentially be overturned though so don't get too excited Froob. But I think this is a really big blow to the power of Goodell. At the very least it highlights that the system, and not just in this case but in many, is broken as there seems to be too much power in the hands of the commish.

I don't know who is going to be more upset LAKESHOW or Jimmy Garoppolo.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,284

Post#109 » by rockmanslim » Thu Sep 3, 2015 3:43 pm

click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#110 » by Agnostifarian » Thu Sep 3, 2015 4:05 pm

Now that Tom is back where he belongs, the clock ticks for Roger. Where would Roger be right now if this were a Gangster movie?
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,467

Post#111 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 4:24 pm

Well I guess I'm glad that I have him in fantasy in one league. I might have to change my over under pick on them as well.
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#112 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Sep 3, 2015 4:58 pm

Wow, i went out and protested alongside the farmers in Paris. I went out and fed the needy in Africa. I have been feeding the homeless in boston and new york. I come back, AND YOU GUYS STILL ARE TALKIN ABOUT THIS SUBJECT?? Some of you need to get a life. Sheesh, millionaires vs billionaires. Is that all you guys care about?? Man, 1st world issues, vs 3rd world realities. You folks are provong that the struggle is real! And you guys are siding with THE MAN! Ridiculous...
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#113 » by truth18 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 5:08 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:Wow, i went out and protested alongside the farmers in Paris. I went out and fed the needy in Africa. I have been feeding the homeless in boston and new york. I come back, AND YOU GUYS STILL ARE TALKIN ABOUT THIS SUBJECT?? Some of you need to get a life. Sheesh, millionaires vs billionaires. Is that all you guys care about?? Man, 1st world issues, vs 3rd world realities. You folks are provong that the struggle is real! And you guys are siding with THE MAN! Ridiculous...

PATSHOW
YOU LOSE
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Post#114 » by Mamba Mentality » Thu Sep 3, 2015 5:32 pm

Big slap in the face for Roger Goodell, cant say he doesn't deserve it.
truth18
RealGM

Post#115 » by truth18 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 6:03 pm

Brady=goat on and off the court
YOU LOSE
truth18
RealGM

Post#116 » by truth18 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 7:17 pm

Steve Young with some great points on ESPN: its basically a traffic infraction that Goodell wanted Brady's head for.
YOU LOSE
cl2117
General Manager

Post#117 » by cl2117 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 7:32 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:Wow, i went out and protested alongside the farmers in Paris. I went out and fed the needy in Africa. I have been feeding the homeless in boston and new york. I come back, AND YOU GUYS STILL ARE TALKIN ABOUT THIS SUBJECT?? Some of you need to get a life. Sheesh, millionaires vs billionaires. Is that all you guys care about?? Man, 1st world issues, vs 3rd world realities. You folks are provong that the struggle is real! And you guys are siding with THE MAN! Ridiculous...

Dude, you STARTED this thread. And TWO others on the topic.

Does your butt hurt? I bet your butt hurts, huh? Because I think you're butthurt.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#118 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Sep 3, 2015 8:05 pm

ahahaha, ive been playin with your psyche for a while now. Child pleeeze. Its been fun and hilarious watching you and your kind go through the mental gymnastics of the deflation rate of footballs, and interpretation of various nicknames, such as deflator. Heck, even your owner succumbed to pressure and weaseled his way out this one. In the end, the Patriots have a lot internal soul searching amongst themselves, as to who has whos back when difficulties arise. Who is goin to stand true when the tough times hit. Who is goin to be my homie when the sh** hits the fan. Not even the coach wanted to touch this one. An owner who doesn't even stand behind his Franchise, has a lot to answer to... Now that's butthurt!...ahahahaha
cl2117
General Manager

Post#119 » by cl2117 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 8:12 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:ahahaha, ive been playin with your psyche for a while now. Child pleeeze. Its been fun and hilarious watching you and your kind go through the mental gymnastics of the deflation rate of footballs, and interpretation of various nicknames, such as deflator. Heck, even your owner succumbed to pressure and weaseled his way out this one. In the end, the Patriots have a lot internal soul searching amongst themselves, as to who has whos back when difficulties arise. Who is goin to stand true when the tough times hit. Who is goin to be my homie when the sh** hits the fan. Not even the coach wanted to touch this one. An owner who doesn't even stand behind his Franchise, has a lot to answer to... Now that's butthurt!...ahahahaha

"ARE YOU GUY STILL ARE TALKIN ABOUT THIS SUBJECT?? You need to get a life. Sheesh, millionaires vs billionaires. Is that all you care about?? Man, 1st world issues, vs 3rd world realities."
truth18
RealGM

Post#120 » by truth18 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 8:16 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:ahahaha, ive been playin with your psyche for a while now. Child pleeeze. Its been fun and hilarious watching you and your kind go through the mental gymnastics of the deflation rate of footballs, and interpretation of various nicknames, such as deflator. Heck, even your owner succumbed to pressure and weaseled his way out this one. In the end, the Patriots have a lot internal soul searching amongst themselves, as to who has whos back when difficulties arise. Who is goin to stand true when the tough times hit. Who is goin to be my homie when the sh** hits the fan. Not even the coach wanted to touch this one. An owner who doesn't even stand behind his Franchise, has a lot to answer to... Now that's butthurt!...ahahahaha

YOU LOSE

Return to The General NFL Board