Hard Knocks- LA Rams

Moderator: bwgood77

NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,672

Hard Knocks- LA Rams 

Post#1 » by NZB2323 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:22 pm

Anyone watch Hard Knocks on HBO? It's really good. This year they're following the training camp of the LA Rams. My favorite parts from episode 1:

-The defensive line coach of the Rams is a former Marine sergeant, cursing the Dline out, telling them he'd fight them if they get out of line.

-Jared Goff didn't know that the sun rises in the East and sets in the West.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Re: Hard Knocks- LA Rams 

Post#2 » by bleu » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:38 pm

I wasn't able to see the first episode yet, I'll have to see if I can find it somewhere online. I love Hard Knocks though, I think it's really cool to see the dynamics of different teams and see how each coach interacts with his players. I get that sometimes maybe the producers try to make things seem a certain way, but in it's usually easy to see what type of a team it is by how players interact with each other.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,424

Post#3 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:20 pm

I watched the promo for it.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by bleu » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:31 pm

Got around to watching it last night, I'm super impressed with the production quality of this one. Not that past seasons were bad or anything, but this seems really well made. I don't know how they select teams for Hard Knocks, but I really wish they could do one on a team that doesn't suck. It seems like it's been a while since they had a team who made much of a playoff run. It's cool to see the inner workings of a team though, good or bad. The life of an undrafted free agent in the NFL sucks man, some of those guys work their asses off for a practice squad spot.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect
And1: 76

Post#5 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:06 pm

I don't hAve HBO.
Reality tv in all forms is a waste of time.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#6 » by jwise44 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:25 pm

bleu wrote:Got around to watching it last night, I'm super impressed with the production quality of this one. Not that past seasons were bad or anything, but this seems really well made. I don't know how they select teams for Hard Knocks, but I really wish they could do one on a team that doesn't suck. It seems like it's been a while since they had a team who made much of a playoff run. It's cool to see the inner workings of a team though, good or bad. The life of an undrafted free agent in the NFL sucks man, some of those guys work their asses off for a practice squad spot.

I can't remember the exact qualifications but I know one of them is they haven't made the playoffs in the past year (maybe 2?) I may look it up later when I'm not on my phone

Found it

Exemptions
1. Been on it the last 10 years
2. Made playoffs the last 2 years
3. New head coach
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by bleu » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:57 pm

jwise44 wrote:
bleu wrote:Got around to watching it last night, I'm super impressed with the production quality of this one. Not that past seasons were bad or anything, but this seems really well made. I don't know how they select teams for Hard Knocks, but I really wish they could do one on a team that doesn't suck. It seems like it's been a while since they had a team who made much of a playoff run. It's cool to see the inner workings of a team though, good or bad. The life of an undrafted free agent in the NFL sucks man, some of those guys work their asses off for a practice squad spot.

I can't remember the exact qualifications but I know one of them is they haven't made the playoffs in the past year (maybe 2?) I may look it up later when I'm not on my phone

Found it

Exemptions
1. Been on it the last 10 years
2. Made playoffs the last 2 years
3. New head coach

That is interesting, and I guess it explains why they usually have crappy teams. I know that most teams try their hardest to not be on it, I'm sure it would be an unnecessary distraction during a time that calls for total focus.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#8 » by jwise44 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:26 am

Yeah also it gives insight to the team somehow...the year the Dolphins were on it I remember they got blown out the first game of the season by the Texans :) and kubiak said having them on hardknocks helped us out, and philbin openly spoke about it being a hindrance
JulesWinnfield
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,354

Post#9 » by JulesWinnfield » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:21 am

Didn't want to start a thread about this, so this is as good a place as any... For those of us old enough to remember the LA Rams from the last go around, I'm disappointed they're not going back to their LA Ram uniforms. Watching them in preseason, it feels more like the St. Louis Rams moved to LA than it feels like the LA Rams came back home. They really gotta ditch these St. Louis Rams uniforms, go back to what they wore before 2000 or 2001 or whatever year it was that they made the switch. Their only Super Bowl winning team also wore those old uniforms while in St Louis in that 99 season, they didn't switch until after that year
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by bleu » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:30 am

JulesWinnfield wrote:Didn't want to start a thread about this, so this is as good a place as any... For those of us old enough to remember the LA Rams from the last go around, I'm disappointed they're not going back to their LA Ram uniforms. Watching them in preseason, it feels more like the St. Louis Rams moved to LA than it feels like the LA Rams came back home. They really gotta ditch these St. Louis Rams uniforms, go back to what they wore before 2000 or 2001 or whatever year it was that they made the switch. Their only Super Bowl winning team also wore those old uniforms while in St Louis in that 99 season, they didn't switch until after that year

Whether they went back to the old LA Rams unis or made some entirely new ones, those St Louis uniforms NEED to go. If I were them I would be capitalizing on this "new team" thing as much as I possibly could.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,184

Post#11 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:35 pm

A change of uniform is a must
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Wiscfan92
Starter
And1: 206

Post#12 » by Wiscfan92 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:38 pm

Jeff Fisher is subtly hilarious throughout this so far. Tavon Austin steals the show though.
Play your role till your role change. Pay your dues till your dues paid.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by bleu » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:27 am

Wiscfan92 wrote:Jeff Fisher is subtly hilarious throughout this so far. Tavon Austin steals the show though.

I really wasn't a fan of Jeff Fisher before this, I kind of like him now though. I really like Alec Ogletree as well. I just wish they would stop showing that "bro" who doesn't talk about anything but tank tops. I'm sure some people find him funny, I just think he's obnoxious though. This years is by far the best though so far.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,424

Post#14 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:44 am

bleu wrote:
Wiscfan92 wrote:Jeff Fisher is subtly hilarious throughout this so far. Tavon Austin steals the show though.

I really wasn't a fan of Jeff Fisher before this, I kind of like him now though. I really like Alec Ogletree as well. I just wish they would stop showing that "bro" who doesn't talk about anything but tank tops. I'm sure some people find him funny, I just think he's obnoxious though. This years is by far the best though so far.

I saw the first episode. That was enough for me. :sleep:

Not big into reality TV. I've seen a few of the past seasons. It seems Hard knocks are pretty much all the same. I'd only tune in to watch the Hawks tbh.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#15 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:54 am

The cuts and firings. Thats why to watch any hard knocks. Theres alot in those moments. Dreams dashed. Family devastation. Food on or off table. Your cut from something youve been doing since 1st grade. Thats a heavy moment. Or if someone you like makes the team. Theres a good feeling about that. And those raw emotions bring people to watch. Imo
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#16 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:57 am

Which is why ive always rooted for more games, because that could take rosters up to 80. Or whatever. Meaning more opportunity and jobs.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by bleu » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:19 pm

I mostly just like watching how a coach interacts with the players and the teams locker room dynamic. It's interesting to me to see how different every team they have on there is, and how the culture of the teams vary.
Stromile12
Head Coach
And1: 13,238

Post#18 » by Stromile12 » Mon Sep 5, 2016 8:14 am

Definitely one of my favorite shows to watch. I enjoy watching what go's on at training camp, the practices, the workouts, the interactions among the players and coaches. Seeing if those fringe players end up making the team.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 35,895

Post#19 » by Dirk » Mon Sep 5, 2016 2:30 pm

I've watched the first three episodes. I was expecting so much more with the move and everything. There are no memorable characters. It's odd because on the field they are so undisciplined, I was expecting a lot more fireworks. Maybe in the final two episodes things get more vibrant. It was hilarious seeing Jeff Fisher talk about 7-9, 8-8, considering he's only had like 6 winning seasons in a 21 year career.
60/21/10
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,357

Post#20 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 5, 2016 2:36 pm

Dirk Nowitzki wrote:I've watched the first three episodes. I was expecting so much more with the move and everything. There are no memorable characters. It's odd because on the field they are so undisciplined, I was expecting a lot more fireworks. Maybe in the final two episodes things get more vibrant. It was hilarious seeing Jeff Fisher talk about 7-9, 8-8, considering he's only had like 6 winning seasons in a 21 year career.

Not as good as All or Nothing?

Return to The General NFL Board