AFC North

Moderators: bwgood77, Icness

Who will win the division?

Bengals
2
18%
Browns
0
No votes
Ravens
3
27%
Steelers
6
55%
 
Total votes: 11

RavenMad31
Senior
Posts: 518
And1: 171
Joined: May 05, 2015
     

Re: AFC North 

Post#41 » by RavenMad31 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:15 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:The curse is real...

Read on Twitter

And that was also right around the time Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Baltimore where transferred from the NFL to the inferior Afc when the merger took place. Being in the AFC hasn't been to kind to the Browns. But I do remember how they made Meredith retire early before leaving the NFL.

Inferior? The Ravens/Colts (Baltimore identified, not Modell identified), Steelers, Broncos, Raiders and Patriots have held up their end of the bargain since the merger. Anything you can say about the Bills, you can also say about the Vikings. I love AFC football. It might have to do with growing up with Enberg, Trumpy, Brodie, Don Criqui, Merlin Olsen and Pete Axthelm all part of the AFC presentation. Madden and Summerall are the only team that stick out in my mind who did NFC games and at present, Joe Buck makes any marquee NFC game unwatchable.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,919
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: AFC North 

Post#42 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:21 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:The curse is real...

Read on Twitter

And that was also right around the time Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Baltimore where transferred from the NFL to the inferior Afc when the merger took place. Being in the AFC hasn't been to kind to the Browns. But I do remember how they made Meredith retire early before leaving the NFL.

Inferior? The Ravens/Colts (Baltimore identified, not Modell identified), Steelers, Broncos, Raiders and Patriots have held up their end of the bargain since the merger. Anything you can say about the Bills, you can also say about the Vikings. I love AFC football. It might have to do with growing up with Enberg, Trumpy, Brodie, Don Criqui, Merlin Olsen and Pete Axthelm all part of the AFC presentation. Madden and Summerall are the only team that stick out in my mind who did NFC games and at present, Joe Buck makes any marquee NFC game unwatchable.

Just think about how many more Super Bowls the NFC would have today and less for the AFC if the Steelers and Colts were still in the NFC/NFL.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,474
And1: 656
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: AFC North 

Post#43 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:08 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:...Joe Buck makes any marquee NFC game unwatchable.


And yet, you ignore Phil Simms.
31 Unanswered Points
RavenMad31
Senior
Posts: 518
And1: 171
Joined: May 05, 2015
     

Re: AFC North 

Post#44 » by RavenMad31 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:55 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:...Joe Buck makes any marquee NFC game unwatchable.


And yet, you ignore Phil Simms.

Who is as boring of a color guy as he was a qb. I would choose his brand of boring over Joe Buck every day of the week though.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,474
And1: 656
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: AFC North 

Post#45 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:42 am

RavenMad31 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:...Joe Buck makes any marquee NFC game unwatchable.


And yet, you ignore Phil Simms.

Who is as boring of a color guy as he was a qb. I would choose his brand of boring over Joe Buck every day of the week though.


He's beyond boring. He sucks. Joe Buck is leaps and bounds above him. You could argue this point. You would be wrong.
31 Unanswered Points
RavenMad31
Senior
Posts: 518
And1: 171
Joined: May 05, 2015
     

Re: AFC North 

Post#46 » by RavenMad31 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:13 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
And yet, you ignore Phil Simms.

Who is as boring of a color guy as he was a qb. I would choose his brand of boring over Joe Buck every day of the week though.


He's beyond boring. He sucks. Joe Buck is leaps and bounds above him. You could argue this point. You would be wrong.


Just personal taste here, but I'll take someone who is boring, or even bad over someone who actively says things that make me want to break his legs. Hell, even if he was saying something like, "RavenMad31, we want to give you a million dollars," I'd want to punch him just from the way he talks.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,474
And1: 656
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: AFC North 

Post#47 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:31 am

RavenMad31 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:Who is as boring of a color guy as he was a qb. I would choose his brand of boring over Joe Buck every day of the week though.


He's beyond boring. He sucks. Joe Buck is leaps and bounds above him. You could argue this point. You would be wrong.


Just personal taste here, but I'll take someone who is boring, or even bad over someone who actively says things that make me want to break his legs. Hell, even if he was saying something like, "RavenMad31, we want to give you a million dollars," I'd want to punch him just from the way he talks.


Understand... personal taste at this end also. I've liked Buck from the outset and never really got why people dislike him so much. Only time I thought he went too far was with the Randy Moss thing. I just think he provides everything a play-by-play guy should with down, distance, situations and does a great job of setting Aikman up for his color job. And I've listened to enough interviews with him to know he doesn't take himself nearly as seriously as some seem to think.

And - I also like Nance... a lot. But... Simms brings nothing to the dance. My problem with him is what you seem to like... he's so damn generic and bland I don't feel like he gives me anything as a viewer that is revealing.
31 Unanswered Points
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,919
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: AFC North 

Post#48 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:48 pm

I'll let you guys battle that one out. But I do have to admit, Phil Sims, like watching golf, makes me fall asleep.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 31,145
And1: 11,636
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: AFC North 

Post#49 » by bwgood77 » Yesterday 12:34 pm

Read on Twitter
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 31,145
And1: 11,636
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: AFC North 

Post#50 » by bwgood77 » Yesterday 12:46 pm

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,474
And1: 656
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: AFC North 

Post#51 » by Otis Driftwood » Yesterday 1:24 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter


Browns.

:lol:
31 Unanswered Points
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,474
And1: 656
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: AFC North 

Post#52 » by Otis Driftwood » Yesterday 1:25 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter


It makes plenty of sense for the Steelers to be looking for their next quarterback, even if Roethlisberger ultimately objects to the use of a high draft pick on a quarterback when it otherwise could be used on getting him help as he pursues a third Super Bowl win. Still, it doesn’t seem to be a major priority, at least not for now.


One thing about the Steelers... it won't matter whether Ben objects or not. That's not how the Rooneys operate.
31 Unanswered Points
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 31,145
And1: 11,636
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: AFC North 

Post#53 » by bwgood77 » Yesterday 1:28 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter


Browns.

:lol:


They might as well. Not much to lose.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,474
And1: 656
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: AFC North 

Post#54 » by Otis Driftwood » Yesterday 1:59 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter


Browns.

:lol:


They might as well. Not much to lose.


Ain't like Josh McCown or RGIII are there to monopolize the position anymore are they?
31 Unanswered Points
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 31,145
And1: 11,636
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: AFC North 

Post#55 » by bwgood77 » Yesterday 7:41 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Browns.

:lol:


They might as well. Not much to lose.


Ain't like Josh McCown or RGIII are there to monopolize the position anymore are they?


Read on Twitter
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,474
And1: 656
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: AFC North 

Post#56 » by Otis Driftwood » Yesterday 8:14 pm

^^^^ I laughed... ^^^^
31 Unanswered Points

Return to The General NFL Board