Seattle Seahawks
63%

Total votes: 48

TankCommander
Pro Prospect
And1: 435

Re: GT: Super Bowl XLVIII February 2, 2014 6:30 PM 

Post#421 » by TankCommander » Mon Feb 3, 2014 5:02 am

Pharmcat wrote:i think discussing manning takes away from talking bout SEA right now, who deserve all praise and credit for winning

but no way manning can be top 5 when his PO performance are factored in....regular season only? hes prolly GOAT

his only ring came against rex grossman, thats pretty bad

You know football isn't some one on one tournament of Qbs versus other QBs, its a team game that has three phases of it (special teams, defence, and offence). The 06 bears were one of the greatests defence in history and were maybe the greatest scoring defence (I mean creating scores) and that was a great team. The NFL isn't like the NBA where 9/10 having the best player on the field (or court) means victory.

The seahawks special teams and defence played at a all-time great game (the bronco's starting field position was something like at the 20). Manning played bad but his team was just not tough enough or talented to enough to beat one of the best teams in recent history.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,356

Post#422 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Feb 3, 2014 5:03 am

ExcellentHabits wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
It was 3rd and 13.

It doesn't really matter. Denver would have passed on either situation. I have no idea what you are trying to say here. Peyton threw a pick that was a 14 point swing and it ended the game right after that. You know by the 2nd half, I just wanted Denver to score at least 1 TD, that's how pathetic it got.

I wish Denver didn't even get to the SB if they were just going to get owned like this.

I'm trying to say the penalty changed the course of that drive.. they were on the 32 yard line with momentum to now being at the 42 yard line with 20 yards to a first down. Now against that defense would you rather be 3rd and 13 or 3rd and short? The penalty to me was a huge turning point in that game.
ExcellentHabits
Junior
And1: 301

Post#423 » by ExcellentHabits » Mon Feb 3, 2014 5:06 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
I'm trying to say the penalty changed the course of that drive.. they were on the 32 yard line with momentum to now being at the 42 yard line with 20 yards to a first down. Now against that defense would you rather be 3rd and 13 or 3rd and short? The penalty to me was a huge turning point in that game.

....and like I said, chances are even if they were 3rd and 3 they would have passed anyways because their RBs really weren't doing much. The holding doesn't help and its not Peyton's fault they got the holding call but Peyton didn't do a good job making up for the difference which is what great players do.

Peyton's biggest issue in this game was his tunnel vision, passing up on open players only to target whoever he is looking at who were well covered.

Denver has no speed and it didn't help that they were also outmuscled today too.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#424 » by Bulltalk » Mon Feb 3, 2014 5:26 am

There was no turning point in the game. The Seahawks dominated the game from the opening kickoff to the end of the game. Total domination of the "greatest" offense in history. That's how great the Seahawks are. And we're one of the youngest teams in the league. We're going to be around for awhile. Deal with it.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
ExcellentHabits
Junior
And1: 301

Post#425 » by ExcellentHabits » Mon Feb 3, 2014 5:28 am

Bulltalk wrote:There was no turning point in the game. The Seahawks dominated the game from the opening kickoff to the end of the game. Total domination of the "greatest" offense in history. That's how great the Seahawks are. And we're one of the youngest teams in the league. We're going to be around for awhile. Deal with it.

I wouldn't say there was a turning point but I would say there was a moment when the game was sealed and that was the pick 6. If the pick 6 wasn't thrown, there would have still been a game.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#426 » by Bulltalk » Mon Feb 3, 2014 5:29 am

Russell Wilson outplayed Manning. Fact. Just look at the QB ratings. Wilson was much more efficient. And wasn't this the guy someone called a midget here who had hit his ceiling, who everyone had figured out, and wouldn't amount to anything much more? :lol:

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#427 » by Bulltalk » Mon Feb 3, 2014 5:36 am

Seattle's going crazy tonight. 12th man cutting loose.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#428 » by Bulltalk » Mon Feb 3, 2014 5:42 am

It's funny, but as a Seahawk fan I had between little to no fear of the Broncos. I couldn't figure out what all the hype was about, about how closely, evenly matched these teams were? The 49ers I surely feared. The Niners and the Seahawks were the two best teams in the league by a good margin. When we beat the Niners, I thought that was the real super bowl. Yes, the Broncos could have won, but I just didn't fear them. We were the better team by a somewhat comfortable margin. Unless things went crazy-wrong in some way, I was pretty sure we'd win without much anxiety involved.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,414

GT: Super Bowl XLVIII February 2, 2014 6:30 PM 

Post#429 » by Slava » Mon Feb 3, 2014 6:14 am

Seattle have a chance to be a dynasty but that NFC west as a whole will be brutal next season if the Rams just get adequate quarter back play.

Seattle, San Francisco, Arizona and St. Louis will all be really good teams next season.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Post#430 » by celticfan42487 » Mon Feb 3, 2014 6:20 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
ExcellentHabits wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
It was 3rd and 13.

It doesn't really matter. Denver would have passed on either situation. I have no idea what you are trying to say here. Peyton threw a pick that was a 14 point swing and it ended the game right after that. You know by the 2nd half, I just wanted Denver to score at least 1 TD, that's how pathetic it got.

I wish Denver didn't even get to the SB if they were just going to get owned like this.

Are you just a Peyton Manning fan boy? There was no turning point to that game. Peyton would of blown the 3rd and 3 just as well as the 3rd and 13 as he did every other single drive in that game save one.

The turning point in this game was when Peyton stepped onto the field and realized it was a big game. And worse it was a big game against an opponent who didn't suck.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#431 » by Bulltalk » Mon Feb 3, 2014 6:25 am

Slava wrote:Seattle have a chance to be a dynasty but that NFC west as a whole will be brutal next season if the Rams just get adequate quarter back play.

Seattle, San Francisco, Arizona and St. Louis will all be really good teams next season.

You're right. NFC West is best. For sure. No illusions otherwise.

But for now...I'm digging on Seattle's first mens major professional sports championship since 1979. 35 years. Just digging on that. Like this whole city is. Euphoric feeling of togetherness. Totally cool.

SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#432 » by Bulltalk » Mon Feb 3, 2014 7:26 am

I'm still looking for that #1 offense of all time. That all time great QB. Where did they go? Oh, yeah, we destroyed them, humiliated them, made them look worse than mediocre, made them look bad, made them look tiny, made them bore the entire world on Super Bowl Sunday. Such a scary offense. So intimidating. So big and bad. Made everyone believe in you, think that you could do anything, score at will, make people bet on you, predict you as winners, got most of the nation actually thinking you were special beyond compare.

Take that b*tches. You were nothing. Our defense ruled. Your vaunted hallowed-be-thy-name offense... :rofl:

Goodnight.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,315

Post#433 » by trwi7 » Mon Feb 3, 2014 7:27 am

Go Seahawks! Back to back next year!

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#434 » by greenbeans » Mon Feb 3, 2014 7:35 am

Bulltalk I think at this point it's in your best interests to step back and take a deep breath.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,070

Post#435 » by therealbig3 » Mon Feb 3, 2014 7:46 am

Abe_505 wrote:
ozzykhan16 wrote:A lot of sports media folks have a love affair with Manning, hes the prototypical southern country boy they love. They love his story and everything about him. As a result the biases come into play. There has been racism against black quarterbacks historically and that is part of the Manning love affair as well.

WUT? So it's Peyton's nice guy southern images fault for racism against black QB's.. how about Tom Brady's dreamy golden boy image? His fault for racism towards black QB's also?

IDK about racism, but LOL at this.

Brady gets WAY more heat and criticism than Manning. It's BECAUSE he's a pretty boy with the seemingly perfect life that he gets hate...ESPECIALLY because he's had a far more successful career than "The Chosen One", Peyton Manning, the guy who was SUPPOSED to be the GOAT. Might also have to do with the fact that Brady plays for the Pats, a team that is pretty universally hated.

But yeah, the media hypes up Peyton Manning as the GOAT every chance they get, while they excuse everything away whenever he screws up. Meanwhile, I've never seen another QB of his caliber get questioned as much as Brady. People try to give all the credit to Belichick, or the defense, or the O-line, and when all else fails, Spygate. Manning gets all the credit when his team wins, but then has people like you make every excuse in the book for him when his team loses and he plays like crap.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,356

Post#436 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Feb 3, 2014 8:05 am

therealbig3 wrote:
Abe_505 wrote:
ozzykhan16 wrote:A lot of sports media folks have a love affair with Manning, hes the prototypical southern country boy they love. They love his story and everything about him. As a result the biases come into play. There has been racism against black quarterbacks historically and that is part of the Manning love affair as well.

WUT? So it's Peyton's nice guy southern images fault for racism against black QB's.. how about Tom Brady's dreamy golden boy image? His fault for racism towards black QB's also?

Brady gets WAY more heat and criticism than Manning. It's BECAUSE he's a pretty boy with the seemingly perfect life that he gets hate...ESPECIALLY because he's had a far more successful career than "The Chosen One", Peyton Manning, the guy who was SUPPOSED to be the GOAT. Might also have to do with the fact that Brady plays for the Pats, a team that is pretty universally hated.

But yeah, the media hypes up Peyton Manning as the GOAT every chance they get, while they excuse everything away whenever he screws up. Meanwhile, I've never seen another QB of his caliber get questioned as much as Brady. People try to give all the credit to Belichick, or the defense, or the O-line, and when all else fails, Spygate. Manning gets all the credit when his team wins, but then has people like you make every excuse in the book for him when his team loses and he plays like crap.

What are you talking about? First let me put this out there.. I'm an Eagles fan. I have no dog in this fight.

Second, Manning was given grief his whole career until he won his first SB.. you think this calling him a choker is a new thing?

And this idea that you're pushing about Brady getting criticized more than Manning is a crock of garbage... Brady won his ring way early in his career and from that moment on he could do no wrong.. first it was a lucky throw and catch by Manning and Tyree.. then it was Welkers fault for not catching a ball when it was Brady who overthrew him.

Brady is the golden boy.. the media cemented him as a top 5 Qb before he even played 10 seasons in the league and Manning was always perceived as a great regular season QB and a not so great post season QB even though he always went into big playoff games with a weak ass defense.

And judging by your screen name I know for damn sure you're biased whereas I'm not a fan of the team either of these guys have played for.

And finally you're going to lol at my post but the guy who blamed Manning for the reason black Qb's are slighted is okay in you're book.. without giving credence to the country we live in and the history behind said country? Give me a damn break and step the hell off.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#437 » by LikeABosh » Mon Feb 3, 2014 8:05 am

That was the worst super bowl I've ever watched. It made me uncomfortable
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,070

Post#438 » by therealbig3 » Mon Feb 3, 2014 10:11 am

Abe_505 wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
Abe_505 wrote:

What are you talking about? First let me put this out there.. I'm an Eagles fan. I have no dog in this fight.

Second, Manning was given grief his whole career until he won his first SB.. you think this calling him a choker is a new thing?

And this idea that you're pushing about Brady getting criticized more than Manning is a crock of garbage... Brady won his ring way early in his career and from that moment on he could do no wrong.. first it was a lucky throw and catch by Manning and Tyree.. then it was Welkers fault for not catching a ball when it was Brady who overthrew him.

Brady is the golden boy.. the media cemented him as a top 5 Qb before he even played 10 seasons in the league and Manning was always perceived as a great regular season QB and a not so great post season QB even though he always went into big playoff games with a weak ass defense.

And judging by your screen name I know for damn sure you're biased whereas I'm not a fan of the team either of these guys have played for.

And finally you're going to lol at my post but the guy who blamed Manning for the reason black Qb's are slighted is okay in you're book.. without giving credence to the country we live in and the history behind said country? Give me a damn break and step the hell off.

What does my screen name say about me??? How does it reveal a bias? I'm a fan of the same team you are, buddy.

Brady is NOT the golden boy...actually, you know what, whatever. People that like Brady are going to act like he never gets any credit and ditto for the people that like Manning. No point in arguing about this. Both guys get plenty of credit, and both guys also get undeserved blame, but Brady IS consistently the one QB whose role gets undermined when his team wins, unlike guys like Manning or Rodgers or Brees. There are always a bunch of haters/dumbasses that try to act like it was all Belichick, or all the O-line, or all the defense, while any above average QB could do what Brady does. It's bull ****. Manning doesn't get questioned like that when he plays well. So this idea that YOU'RE trying to push that Brady gets a pass for everything is also a crock of garbage.

I didn't want to respond to the racism point, because I felt it was kind of ridiculous to blame Manning for perceived racism against black QBs...it was ridiculous to the point that I didn't want to waste my time responding. It wasn't interesting to me. What YOU said did interest me, and I disagreed with it, so I responded to your post. Stop being so defensive.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#439 » by Celtics_Champs » Mon Feb 3, 2014 10:14 am

Seems like in 2009 when he threw an interception to lose the game more people were on his ass. All these manning apologists, where is this coming from? This game his performance was much worse.

Anyway Celtsfan, Warner and Young as 2 of your top 3 QBs is insane.

That Seattle fan is annoying. When did he start posting here?
BelgianMagic
Head Coach
And1: 130

Post#440 » by BelgianMagic » Mon Feb 3, 2014 10:20 am

Congratulations to the Seahawks & their fans .. Their D made it a very boring game :D but they did one hell of a job against such a great offense

As a Niners fan, yesterday's game made me feel a lil better actually. We were one play away from beating the same team (at home, still a lot harder to do than on the road) that blew out Peyton&Co yesterday .. Guess those people saying "the real SB was in Seattle 2wks ago" were right

Still hurts that we didn't win that game, cause I think that game was very winnable despite the 12th man, but in the end we had a pretty good season ourselves (a lot better than I expected) & hope we can have another run next season

I think our division will be even stronger next season. Can't wait for next season :)

Return to The General NFL Board