Johnny Football

Moderator: bwgood77

Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Johnny Football 

Post#1 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sun Feb 2, 2014 1:03 pm

Which team do you want to see him go to? It's been a very long time since the Browns have had a media darling. Part of me would love to see him in Cleveland next year.
Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,619

Re: Johnny Football 

Post#2 » by Da Schwab » Sun Feb 2, 2014 5:16 pm

I'd like to see him end up in Jacksonville for sh*ts and giggles. The franchise needs someone new to hang their hat on since it doesn't seem like MJD wants to be there at all and Justin Blackmon likes collecting DUIs.

The only thing to be seen from Jonathan Pigskin is whether or not he wants to play in a market like Cleveland, Jacksonville, or Oakland.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,440

Post#3 » by Slava » Mon Feb 3, 2014 4:20 am

St. Louis please! That team would be the most most entertaining team in the league next season. :pray:
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#4 » by princeofpalace » Mon Feb 3, 2014 12:10 pm

Houston!
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,439

Post#5 » by Mamba Mentality » Mon Feb 3, 2014 7:54 pm

Not Cleveland or Jacksonville.
Vides990
Starter
And1: 972

Post#6 » by Vides990 » Mon Feb 3, 2014 8:14 pm

Any team that drafts him will regret it.
Preemptively joining the Bucks and Twolves bandwagons.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,181

Post#7 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Feb 4, 2014 1:43 pm

They said the same thing about Mr. Wilson...just sayin
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Vides990
Starter

Post#8 » by Vides990 » Tue Feb 4, 2014 2:41 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:They said the same thing about Mr. Wilson...just sayin

There's not one similarity between the two.....................
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#9 » by Higga » Tue Feb 4, 2014 3:57 pm

Cleveland has some nice talent on offense, they just need a QB. A team of Manziel with Josh Gordon and Cameron Jordan would be fun to watch. They just hired Kyle Shanahan too, who worked wonders with rookie RG3 in 2012. You could see a similar offense. I don't know if they'd be very good but they'd be a lot of fun to watch at least, and Cleveland fans deserve at least that much.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,716

Post#10 » by gswhoops » Wed Feb 5, 2014 2:22 pm

Vides990 wrote:

They're both undersized, great at extending plays by scrambling and can throw the ball downfield well. It's not an exact comparison but there are similarities.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,716

Post#11 » by gswhoops » Wed Feb 5, 2014 2:24 pm

Higga wrote:Cleveland has some nice talent on offense, they just need a QB. A team of Manziel with Josh Gordon and Cameron Jordan would be fun to watch. They just hired Kyle Shanahan too, who worked wonders with rookie RG3 in 2012. You could see a similar offense. I don't know if they'd be very good but they'd be a lot of fun to watch at least, and Cleveland fans deserve at least that much.

I agree. I'd like to see him in Cleveland as well. Best O-Line of the top-5 teams, an elite WR in Gordon and a solid second option in Cameron (plus a ton of picks to add more talent).
Vides990
Starter

Post#12 » by Vides990 » Wed Feb 5, 2014 3:51 pm

gswhoops wrote:
Vides990 wrote:

They're both undersized, great at extending plays by scrambling and can throw the ball downfield well. It's not an exact comparison but there are similarities.

I've heard people say that and I just don't see it. While Wilson isnt tall he's still pretty wide and built, Manziel looks like a middle schooler; their body frames are completely different. He also lacks the speed Wilson has so I don't think he'll be able to scramble the way he did in college, he doesn't throw like wilson either. Sherman says Peyton throws ducks, Johnny will get picked 3-4 times per game.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,842

Post#13 » by inquisitive » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:05 pm

normally i go to youtube to watch players highlights at combine...why is there nothing on johnny or clowney? especially the 40yd dash?
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Slava » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:52 pm

They are on nfl.com
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#15 » by Bulltalk » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:36 am

gswhoops wrote:
Vides990 wrote:

A few differences between the two are that Russell Wilson has somewhat significantly bigger hands, has a much stronger arm, better mechanics, and is certainly a higher character individual/and more trustworthy in that way.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Slava » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:37 am

Bulltalk wrote:
gswhoops wrote:
Vides990 wrote:There's not one similarity between the two.....................

A few differences between the two are that Russell Wilson has somewhat significantly bigger hands, has a much stronger arm, better mechanics, and is certainly a higher character individual/and more trustworthy in that way.

Manziel's hands are actually bigger and he's a lot more crafty/accurate in the pocket than Wilson but you are right in saying that Wilson is stronger, faster, calmer and very mature.

I've followed Manziel's career pretty well being close friends with a lot of A&M alumni and to me his weakness is his recklessness for his body. It worked in college and he became a hero for it but in the NFL he might be prone to taking some serious hits if he doesn't tone that down.

His swagger might actually make him prone to people targeting him to give a hit and the one thing any NFL team wants more than anything else is a durable QB who is smart enough to choose his battles. Johnny doesn't have the maturity for that yet and he will attract far too much attention towards him by not backing down from challenges he has no business being in.
BloodyNose
Banned User
And1: 2,255

Post#17 » by BloodyNose » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:35 pm

Slava wrote:
Bulltalk wrote:
gswhoops wrote:They're both undersized, great at extending plays by scrambling and can throw the ball downfield well. It's not an exact comparison but there are similarities.

Manziel's hands are actually bigger and he's a lot more crafty/accurate in the pocket than Wilson but you are right in saying that Wilson is stronger, faster, calmer and very mature.

I've followed Manziel's career pretty well being close friends with a lot of A&M alumni and to me his weakness is his recklessness for his body. It worked in college and he became a hero for it but in the NFL he might be prone to taking some serious hits if he doesn't tone that down.

His swagger might actually make him prone to people targeting him to give a hit and the one thing any NFL team wants more than anything else is a durable QB who is smart enough to choose his battles. Johnny doesn't have the maturity for that yet and he will attract far too much attention towards him by not backing down from challenges he has no business being in.

if hes more accurate than wilson from the pocket than I don't see how he doesn't succeed (many calling him busts)
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#18 » by Bulltalk » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:16 pm

Slava wrote:
Bulltalk wrote:
gswhoops wrote:They're both undersized, great at extending plays by scrambling and can throw the ball downfield well. It's not an exact comparison but there are similarities.

Actually Russell Wilson's hand size is 10 1/4, whereas Manziel's is 9 7/8. But Manziel's hand size was erroneously reported to me as being smaller than it actually was.

People do often forget that other than his height, Russell Wilson is a fantastic athlete, has that elusive skill for not taking the big-hit, and actually has one of the 5-6 strongest arms in the NFL. Wilson can throw it long, and he can also throw it fast/hard into tight places. This is something that is oftentimes overlooked about him.

Anyway...I really have little idea how Manziel will pan-out as a pro QB. You're right in that he's shown himself to be less cautious in his approach to QBing, has a good dose of the Brett Favre gun-slinger in him. If I was a GM with a high pick in this draft, I don't know if I'd have it in me to use it on him. Tough call. Of course, somewhere in the draft order he'd make sense, though I don't know where that might be.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,181

Post#19 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:58 am

If im picking a QB, im goin with bridgewater or the kid from UCF.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,842

Post#20 » by inquisitive » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:10 am

Texans are leaning towards Clowney, but things can change.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI

Return to The General NFL Board