Desperate for a quarterback

Moderator: bwgood77

Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Desperate for a quarterback 

Post#1 » by Celtsfan1980 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 12:08 pm

It feels strange saying this, but I honestly can say if the season continues the way it is going, the Browns may be one very good defensive draft away from becoming a Super Bowl contender in what has potential to be a very bad AFC conference. I'd seriously think of trading Johnny if the right trade came along. Some teams will have to replace their aging quarterbacks(Broncos, Saints, Giants, Cowboys, Steelers) and others just simply may be weak in this position(Dolphins, Jets, Bills, Cardinals, Texans, etc. etc.). Which teams do you think will be most desperate after this season?
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Re: Desperate for a quarterback 

Post#2 » by Icness » Wed Oct 8, 2014 1:18 pm

Texans, Titans, Jets and Rams have to top the list for teams desperately needing to upgrade QB. Browns, Chiefs and Eagles belong in the next tier.

Dallas, Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh and Green Bay all need to seriously upgrade the backup QB position with an eye to the future.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#3 » by Higga » Thu Oct 9, 2014 2:42 pm

A lot of the teams that are weak at QB have young guys with potential. That's the most dangerous thing though, hanging on to a bad QB for too long thinking he'll develop. The best thing to do is like what the Jags did with Gabbert, cut ties ASAP accept your losses and move on.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#4 » by GYK » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:48 am

I think most teams problem with their QB's is wanting them to be the next great ones.
Wilson, Kap, Alex Smith are game managers the first two just happen to be able to scramble as well.
That defense, running game with a dual threat effienct QB is an era for any team.
I think guys like RG3 should be apart of that blueprint. Marcus in the future. Cam could be either a dual threat manager or a throw first passer.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#5 » by TheKingofSting » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:56 am

Browns have Johnny.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#6 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:24 pm

Bills
Dolphins
Jets
Texans
Titans
Steelers
Broncos
Cowboys
Giants
Redskins
Saints
Bucs(not likely, but still possible)
Cardinals
Rams

Up to 14 teams. If Oakland finishes with a top 2 pick, I can see them going quarterback as well. Not much to choose from in the draft and Winston has a rape case that could be an issue according to my father. Any team that has a quarterback to trade could benefit greatly this season.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,566

Post#7 » by hermes » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:23 pm

christian ponder is probably available
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,462

Post#8 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:50 pm

Icness wrote:Texans, Titans, Jets and Rams have to top the list for teams desperately needing to upgrade QB. Browns, Chiefs and Eagles belong in the next tier.

Dallas, Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh and Green Bay all need to seriously upgrade the backup QB position with an eye to the future.

I'm surprised you didn't mention the Bills, considering they went with Kyle Orton the last couple of weeks.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#9 » by TheKingofSting » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:43 am

I'd be willing to trade D Anderson.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#10 » by Icness » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:29 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Icness wrote:Texans, Titans, Jets and Rams have to top the list for teams desperately needing to upgrade QB. Browns, Chiefs and Eagles belong in the next tier.

I'm surprised you didn't mention the Bills, considering they went with Kyle Orton the last couple of weeks.

They should be but everything I've heard is Manuel will get another shot next year. You are absolutely correct though, I should have listed them. Manuel will never not be horrible.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game

Return to The General NFL Board