ImageNo. 6 Baltimore Ravens @ ImageNo. 3 Pittsburgh Steelers 8:15 p.m. ET
SUNDAY, JAN. 4:
ImageNo. 5 Cincinnati Bengals @Image No. 4 Indianapolis Colts 1:05 p.m. ET

ImageNFC WILD-CARD ROUND:
SATURDAY, JAN.3:
ImageNo. 5 Arizona Cardinals @Image No. 4 Carolina Panthers 4:20 p.m. ET
SUNDAY, JAN. 4 :
ImageNo. 6 Detroit Lions @Image No. 3 Dallas Cowboys 4:40 p.m. ET
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,810

Re: NFL PLAYOFF 2014-15: WILD-CARD Weekend 

Post#2 » by ash_k » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:20 pm

AFC :
-Worried about Bell and worried about Flacco getting on that 2012 level again but pick STEELERS/Ben/Brown. Steelers win!
- Andy "not primetime" Dalton will not win the game for Cincy though his D could ! but pick Indy and Luck on this one at home. Colts win!

NFC:
-cant trust a 3rd stringer to win a playoff game on a road even with a dominant D with him. Cam and Panthers have looked much better the last couple of weeks. Panthers win!
- I dont trust Romo lol but I trust Murray, Dez and that Offensive live. that team can outscore or/and control the game. Cowboys win!

Edit: so Suh is playing mmmmh after all! Nobody has been able to run on that d-line!! let's see how great that Dallas O-line really is?!
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
NaturalBuns
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,463

Post#3 » by NaturalBuns » Thu Jan 1, 2015 10:05 pm

Defense has to play lights out in Carolina.
I think they lose 3rd/4th string QB...no good.

Also hearing reports this is Larry Fitzgerald last season in the valley I'm not sure to believe that
oldscho0led wrote:Baseball is all about momentum. Pirates will carry their winning ways and beat Giants in the Wildcard.

A's over Royals. Lester and experience will prove that he's worth the trade.

Tigers winning it all. Tigers are, imo, peaking at the right time.
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#4 » by Celtsfan1980 » Fri Jan 2, 2015 4:15 pm

I don't think a 7-win team or around there has ever been a favorite for a playoff game. I could be wrong, but I think this is the first NFL playoff game to go to cable. I expect this trend to continue and those who don't have cable will be watching less and less playoff games.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#5 » by ATL Boy » Fri Jan 2, 2015 7:02 pm

Le'Veon Bell ruled out, AJ Green doubtful.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
ash_k
RealGM

Post#6 » by ash_k » Fri Jan 2, 2015 8:55 pm

Stafford 0-17 against .500 teams on the road! that's crazy!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,454

Post#7 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jan 2, 2015 9:09 pm

ATL Boy wrote:Le'Veon Bell ruled out, AJ Green doubtful.

This really sucks. I genuinely thought both teams could go all the way if healthy. The Bengals were elite when Green was healthy this year, but really are just above avg without him.

I can't imagine not having Bell will REALLY hurt the Steelers too.

I'm just so tired of the Patriots and Broncos. It's fine if they earn their way but when things get easier for them simply because two other team's best players are out, it sucks.

I think the Ravens will probably beat the Steelers with Bell out, and think they could absolutely knock off the Pats and Broncos though. Joe Flacco plays his best in the playoffs. Can't exactly say the same for Brady and especially Manning.

I think if Green was healthy, Cincy would have beaten Indy, but without him it will be pretty tough.

It also really sucks AZ is so banged up. I'd love to see them knock off a couple of opponents though. No matter what, they are typically tough to score on and if they don't turn it over, they are probably not an easy out for anyone.
ash_k
RealGM

Post#8 » by ash_k » Sat Jan 3, 2015 12:09 am

bwgood77 wrote:

This really sucks. I genuinely thought both teams could go all the way if healthy. The Bengals were elite when Green was healthy this year, but really are just above avg without him.

I'm just so tired of the Patriots and Broncos. It's fine if they earn their way but when things get easier for them simply because two other team's best players are out, it sucks.

I think the Ravens will probably beat the Steelers with Bell out, and think they could absolutely knock off the Pats and Broncos though. Joe Flacco plays his best in the playoffs. Can't exactly say the same for Brady and especially Manning.

I think if Green was healthy, Cincy would have beaten Indy, but without him it will be pretty tough.

It also really sucks AZ is so banged up. I'd love to see them knock off a couple of opponents though. No matter what, they are typically tough to score on and if they don't turn it over, they are probably not an easy out for anyone.

:lol: you sound like your team went 0-3 against them ..Cmon, It is only been 3 years of Denver/Manning

Not sure about those Bengals being an elite team even when healthy (Elite talent, I give you that!)...they went to Foxboro as essentially the (early)best team in the league at that time and were totally shutdown..

I agree with you, too bad those KEY injuries are messing up the playoffs.. Though I am still sticking with Steelers, it is going to be real tough against those Ravens without Bell..with Bell, I would pick them to beat Denver the following week.
ash_k
RealGM

Post#9 » by ash_k » Sat Jan 3, 2015 12:17 am

bwgood77 wrote: Joe Flacco plays his best in the playoffs. Can't exactly say the same for Brady and especially Manning.

the man with the most wins in playoff history and 5 Superbowl appearances does not play his best in the playoffs (?!)
I think you meant to say Romo/Rivers/Rodgers instead of Brady, correct??
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#10 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jan 3, 2015 3:45 am

ash_k wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

:lol: you sound like your team went 0-3 against them ..Cmon, It is only been 3 years of Denver/Manning

Not sure about those Bengals being an elite team even when healthy (Elite talent, I give you that!)...they went to Foxboro as essentially the (early)best team in the league at that time and were totally shutdown..

I agree with you, too bad those KEY injuries are messing up the playoffs.. Though I am still sticking with Steelers, it is going to be real tough against those Ravens without Bell..with Bell, I would pick them to beat Denver the following week.

Well of course I wasn't happy my team went 0-3 against them, but the point is, I'm just a little tired of Brady and Manning in general. I would normally pull for Denver over NE in a playoff game, but this year if they meet I will pull for the Pats (probably) because I think this is a solid team and them against Seattle (if they are there) would be fun to watch. Manning just chokes too much in big games and I don't want another crappy Super Bowl.

Generally speaking, I like to see new teams, and the Bengals would be a nice story. The rest of the AFC field has had success already, so it wouldn't be as fun to watch for me. Was AJ Green still healthy when the Bengals played the Pats, because their team was drastically impacted by that loss and when he came back they seemed to regain their mojo..it was surprising how one guy could make that big of difference. I'm not sure if they had Bernard either but he got injured and they were adjusting at some point. With a healthy Green and Hill I think they are really tough.
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#11 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sat Jan 3, 2015 3:42 pm

bwgood77 wrote:This really sucks. I genuinely thought both teams could go all the way if healthy. The Bengals were elite when Green was healthy this year, but really are just above avg without him.

Andy Dalton says hi.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#12 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jan 3, 2015 8:21 pm

ash_k wrote:
bwgood77 wrote: Joe Flacco plays his best in the playoffs. Can't exactly say the same for Brady and especially Manning.

the man with the most wins in playoff history and 5 Superbowl appearances does not play his best in the playoffs (?!)
I think you meant to say Romo/Rivers/Rodgers instead of Brady, correct??

His team did well over 10+ years ago in the playoffs thanks to stellar D and Vinatieri winning a couple of Super Bowls with clutch kicks. Since then, they have kind of disappointed. He's been a good regular season qb though.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#13 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jan 3, 2015 8:24 pm

Celtsfan1980 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:This really sucks. I genuinely thought both teams could go all the way if healthy. The Bengals were elite when Green was healthy this year, but really are just above avg without him.

Andy Dalton says hi.

Not a Dalton fan? He certainly hasn't played well in the playoffs but he is one of only two qbs to lead his team to the playoffs in his first four seasons. I think it's a tall order to win tomorrow without Green, yet I'm sure he will take all the blame if they lose.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,477

Post#14 » by RIPskaterdude » Sat Jan 3, 2015 10:47 pm

Man these teams suck, just send Seattle to the NFCC already
ash_k
RealGM

Post#15 » by ash_k » Sat Jan 3, 2015 11:16 pm

so disappointed by Cam, Godness Gracious!! still think Panthers will win "by default"!
BC_IS_A_PLAYA
Starter
And1: 3,878

Post#16 » by BC_IS_A_PLAYA » Sat Jan 3, 2015 11:22 pm

Scam Newton is garbage
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by ATL Boy » Sat Jan 3, 2015 11:22 pm

That Cardinals offense is was trying to gift Carolina the win, but the Panthers have just killed themselves with mistakes.

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
ash_k
RealGM

Post#18 » by ash_k » Sat Jan 3, 2015 11:40 pm

ATL Boy wrote:That Cardinals offense is was trying to gift Carolina the win, but the Panthers have just killed themselves with mistakes.

Too bad your QB is a chocker as i am thinking they would have done better..Cards were ready to gift this one away early!
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Post#19 » by Mamba Mentality » Sat Jan 3, 2015 11:45 pm

Thanks Teddy. The Panthers will always love you.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by ATL Boy » Sat Jan 3, 2015 11:46 pm

ash_k wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:That Cardinals offense is was trying to gift Carolina the win, but the Panthers have just killed themselves with mistakes.

Too bad your QB is a chocker as i am thinking they would have done better..Cards were ready to gift this one away early!

If you're gonna insult my QB at least learn how to spell the word choker...

Return to The General NFL Board