Total votes: 62

El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,557

Re: Is Tom Brady the greatest ever now? 

Post#121 » by El Turco » Tue May 19, 2015 6:08 pm

cl2117 wrote:
truth18 wrote:
cl2117 wrote:It's gotta be the former. I'm pretty disappointed in myself to be honest.

I blame the lack of discussion with regards to the NFL on realgm. Looking for any excuse to talk football, even if it's with a troll. It's great here for basketball, but I need to find somewhere of the same quality for football. If anybody knows of any, let me know.

Why can I not PM you? Button shows up for Geoff...

Good looking out, place looks legit. Thanks.

El Turco wrote:
cl2117 wrote:LAKESHOW so what's your take on the Jerry Rice stickum situation?

Does Montana deserve to be in the conversation of greatest ever since he had to have known about Rice's use of stickum?

montana won without rice. twice.

Brady won without Rice, four times.

Seriously though, the point I was trying to make is that if you want to exclude Brady from because he knew about the footballs, then you have to exclude Montana because he knew about Rice using stickum. It doesn't matter if he won without Rice or not, if you are going to say a guy can't be in the conversation because he was involved in cheating then stick to it and don't make exceptions or excuses.

That's stupid though. Neither should be excluded anyway because this discussion should be based around accomplishments and skill and both have more than enough to be considered "greatest ever".

he hasnt won without belicheat though. fair or not, thems are the breaks when you are playing for an organization that likes to stretch the rule book so often.

also i dont think there is any evidence montana was involved in rice's cheating, not necessarily the same thing.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,966

Post#122 » by cl2117 » Tue May 19, 2015 6:15 pm

El Turco wrote:
cl2117 wrote:
truth18 wrote:
Why can I not PM you? Button shows up for Geoff...

Good looking out, place looks legit. Thanks.

El Turco wrote:
montana won without rice. twice.

Brady won without Rice, four times.

Seriously though, the point I was trying to make is that if you want to exclude Brady from because he knew about the footballs, then you have to exclude Montana because he knew about Rice using stickum. It doesn't matter if he won without Rice or not, if you are going to say a guy can't be in the conversation because he was involved in cheating then stick to it and don't make exceptions or excuses.

That's stupid though. Neither should be excluded anyway because this discussion should be based around accomplishments and skill and both have more than enough to be considered "greatest ever".

he hasnt won without belicheat though. fair or not, thems are the breaks when you are playing for an organization that likes to stretch the rule book so often.

also i dont think there is any evidence montana was involved in rice's cheating, not necessarily the same thing.

The point is he should still be in the conversation. You can choose Montana over Brady for a multitude of reasons, but you can't just say "deflategate Brady can't be the greatest" or "spygate/Belicheck Brady can't be the greatest".

And I don't think there is anything that implicates Montana in the whole Rice stickum situation, but he pretty much had to know that Rice was using stickum, which is basically the same with Brady and the deflated footballs.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
El Turco

Post#123 » by El Turco » Tue May 19, 2015 6:23 pm

there wasnt any text message exchange between rice and montana about stick ums, right? or whatever means they had back then. i wouldnt put brady out of the conversation but i dont blame public for putting asterisks to his accomplishments after all this smoke.

truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,829

Post#124 » by truth18 » Tue May 19, 2015 6:38 pm

El Turco wrote:there wasnt any text message exchange between rice and montana about stick ums, right? or whatever means they had back then. i wouldnt put brady out of the conversation but i dont blame public for putting asterisks to his accomplishments after all this smoke.

But dude, none of us decide what the public think. Even the current landscape is probably very inaccurate as far as what we'll see years after Brady retires.

Neither of us decides that. If the public decides to put an asterix, so be it, something tells me its going to be an Aggasi/Sampras situation though, where neither of us get what we want (as in Brady's career questioned even years from now or Brady being considered the goat).

You're also forgetting he could save someone's life or something. He could do something in between now and retirement that simply erases most of this. Sports culture is horrible like that. Someone could surpass him and Joe in Superbowls and numbers as well. Its not out of the question. He could cheat again, get found out, and simply not even be in the consideration for GOAT/first round hall of fame.

You're acting like this is years later and you're rubbing it in.
YOU LOSE
El Turco

Post#125 » by El Turco » Tue May 19, 2015 6:40 pm

i never seen somebody go so far off tangent so often, dont even know what to tell you dude

truth18
RealGM

Post#126 » by truth18 » Tue May 19, 2015 7:06 pm

El Turco wrote:i never seen somebody go so far off tangent so often, dont even know what to tell you dude

Maybe its indicative of the quality of discussion/the topic at hand. I have admitted this affects Brady's goat status. You want me to just repeat that over and over? What would you like to discuss? Sorry if pointing out that truth isn't in line with what you want to talk about.

Do you just want us to say Joe was better? Because its not that simple, and I doubt any of us are. I'm probably the closest you'll get to saying anything like that, but I just don't believe that to be the case, cheating or not.
YOU LOSE
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#127 » by LAKESHOW » Tue May 19, 2015 8:15 pm

Simply fascinating. The discussion isn't about Tom Brady being the greatest any more. Or not being the greatest. The discussion is about defending Tom. Something, that Tom Brady himself has not come out and spoke about. He has been tried and busted. Penalties given. Decision has been made. He cheated to win games. How difficult is that to understand? The Patriots have been known for one of the lowest turnover ratios in the league over the years, WELL IT STANDS TO REASON! Yet with these proofs it is astonishing that many of you would STAND BY A CHEAT! And call him the greatest. The unwillingness for the blind, to accept their blindness is truly, truly amazing.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#128 » by LAKESHOW » Tue May 19, 2015 8:24 pm

SAN FRANCISCO -- New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft said the reigning Super Bowl champions will accept their punishment from the NFL in the Deflategate investigation.

The Patriots were fined $1 million and docked two draft picks -- a first-rounder in 2016 and a fourth-rounder in 2017 -- by the NFL after an investigation found that star quarterback Tom Brady was "at least generally aware" of a scheme to illegally deflate footballs for the AFC Championship Game.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/i ... punishment
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#129 » by LAKESHOW » Tue May 19, 2015 8:27 pm

YOUR BELOVED OWNER has even chimed in. Yes. Tom Brady cheated to win. Name an organization that stands against their own QB. The SF 49ers wouldn't stand against Joe. Therefore, HE IS NOT the greatest.

This should end the thread now with all of you agreeing with me and Robert Kraft. Mr. Kraft stands with LAKESHOW. Im on the phone with him right now thanking him, and asking for him to deliver a press release to all of your Southie Patriot fans, saying please relax and chill with the rhetoric. Tom is not the greatest.
RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Post#130 » by RavenMad31 » Wed May 20, 2015 12:38 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:YOUR BELOVED OWNER has even chimed in. Yes. Tom Brady cheated to win. Name an organization that stands against their own QB. The SF 49ers wouldn't stand against Joe. Therefore, HE IS NOT the greatest.

This should end the thread now with all of you agreeing with me and Robert Kraft. Mr. Kraft stands with LAKESHOW. Im on the phone with him right now thanking him, and asking for him to deliver a press release to all of your Southie Patriot fans, saying please relax and chill with the rhetoric. Tom is not the greatest.

Wouldn't stand against him unless the Chiefs come calling offering a draft pick.
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#131 » by LAKESHOW » Wed May 20, 2015 2:39 pm

Mr. Kraft, standing alongside LAKESHOW, has left Tom Brady standing in the wind, all alone. We are both saying, Tom, you are on your own, and we do not believe you. Mr. Kraft, I Sir, applaud you. Thank you for kicking Tom out there on the curb.
RavenMad31
Senior

Post#132 » by RavenMad31 » Thu May 21, 2015 8:16 am

LAKESHOW wrote:Mr. Kraft, standing alongside LAKESHOW, has left Tom Brady standing in the wind, all alone. We are both saying, Tom, you are on your own, and we do not believe you. Mr. Kraft, I Sir, applaud you. Thank you for kicking Tom out there on the curb.

Until week three which is when he will resume cutting him game checks and being grateful that the face of his franchise is back on the field.
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#133 » by LAKESHOW » Fri May 22, 2015 2:49 pm

Truly, how sad is that. Million dollar paychecks. Will continue to receive big time monies. Will continue to have a job. While his accomplices, 2 minimum wage cohorts of deflation. 2 individuals vilified and tarred and feathered, will be out on the street without a job. All of their livelihood, everything they have by working for the one and only job they ever had for decades, are unemployed, jobless. Why? For sticking up for and cheating on behalf of Your Greatest QB ever. Truly sad. This man is NOT the greatest. Joe would never do anything like that....
RavenMad31
Senior

Post#134 » by RavenMad31 » Fri May 22, 2015 5:43 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:Truly, how sad is that. Million dollar paychecks. Will continue to receive big time monies. Will continue to have a job. While his accomplices, 2 minimum wage cohorts of deflation. 2 individuals vilified and tarred and feathered, will be out on the street without a job. All of their livelihood, everything they have by working for the one and only job they ever had for decades, are unemployed, jobless. Why? For sticking up for and cheating on behalf of Your Greatest QB ever. Truly sad. This man is NOT the greatest. Joe would never do anything like that....

So let me ask. Are you a California native in maybe your late 20s? Just old enough to know who Joe Montana is, but too young to have latched onto an LA based football team such as the Rams or Raiders, so you are a Niners fan?
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#135 » by LAKESHOW » Fri May 22, 2015 6:36 pm

Raven, my team is the team of "Truth". My QB, is the quarterback of honesty. My line, are the linemen of integrity. What we have here is a situation of the owner, Mr. Robert Kraft, finally coming on over to my side, and finally coming to his senses, that Tom Brady is a liar and a cheat. Raven, when you play on my team, as mentioned above, you cant go wrong. And we all win. Because winning within the rules of play, will get you recognized throughout history. As the GOAT
truth18
RealGM

Post#136 » by truth18 » Fri May 22, 2015 6:38 pm

Let's just go win another
YOU LOSE
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#137 » by LAKESHOW » Fri May 22, 2015 7:28 pm

We need to launch another investigation, to check toms lady for any Over inflation....
El Turco

Post#138 » by El Turco » Fri May 22, 2015 7:28 pm

truth18
RealGM

Post#139 » by truth18 » Fri May 22, 2015 7:30 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:We need to launch another investigation, to check toms lady for any Over inflation....

Haha, you know what, man? You're alright. Hard to stay mad at you.
YOU LOSE
RavenMad31
Senior

Post#140 » by RavenMad31 » Fri May 22, 2015 11:52 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:Raven, my team is the team of "Truth". My QB, is the quarterback of honesty. My line, are the linemen of integrity. What we have here is a situation of the owner, Mr. Robert Kraft, finally coming on over to my side, and finally coming to his senses, that Tom Brady is a liar and a cheat. Raven, when you play on my team, as mentioned above, you cant go wrong. And we all win. Because winning within the rules of play, will get you recognized throughout history. As the GOAT

I smell a Niners fan, which would at least put your argument into a clearer perspective.

Return to The General NFL Board