Re: Is Tom Brady the greatest ever now? 

Post#3 » by splashbrothers » Mon Feb 2, 2015 4:41 am

Just saw that
Little Italia
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,134

Post#4 » by Little Italia » Mon Feb 2, 2015 5:27 am

Guy has been to 6 Superbowls, won 4 of them. 3x SB MVP, incredible stats, regular season MVP's, Super Clutch.

This man could've easily won 6 Superbowl and more than likely 5 SB MVP trophies.

GIVE IT UP TO THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME! :clap: :clap:

It's been a true pleasure to see him perform in my lifetime.

"New York Knicks will never win a championship with James Dolan at the helm. Off with his head!!"

WELCOME TO MEDIOCRE HELL
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#5 » by MrPerfect1 » Mon Feb 2, 2015 8:29 am

Brady isn't even better than Rodgers. Rodgers has a better arm, better mobility, and is less Turnover prone.
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#6 » by Celtsfan1980 » Mon Feb 2, 2015 3:01 pm

Little Italia wrote:Guy has been to 6 Superbowls, won 4 of them. 3x SB MVP, incredible stats, regular season MVP's, Super Clutch.

This man could've easily won 6 Superbowl and more than likely 5 SB MVP trophies.

I recall the first Giants game was a defensive struggle. I don't recall being wowed by him in the second Giants game. I could argue he wasn't all that great in the Rams game either. He may be number 2 now, but Joe Montana is still number 1.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,843

Post#7 » by inquisitive » Mon Feb 2, 2015 11:28 pm

i think so, but have no problem with people seeing montana as the best. i saw both players play.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
pacmaniac
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#8 » by pacmaniac » Tue Feb 3, 2015 6:20 pm

Little Italia wrote:Guy has been to 6 Superbowls, won 4 of them. 3x SB MVP, incredible stats, regular season MVP's, Super Clutch.

Then again all the Pats SB wins were by 4 points or less, so he could easily be 0-6 in the Super Bowl. He never had a blowout SB win. 2 of his SB wins were very lucky - he relied on the Tuck Rule and the Worst Call in SB History.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#9 » by truth18 » Tue Feb 3, 2015 6:24 pm

pacmaniac wrote:

Then again all the Pats SB wins were by 4 points or less, so he could easily be 0-6 in the Super Bowl. He never had a blowout SB win. 2 of his SB wins were very lucky - he relied on the Tuck Rule and the Worst Call in SB History.

Wasn't a superbowl. Also, there is this guy named Malcom Butler...worst call ever? Definitely. Did we still have to make an AMAZING defensive play to win? Absolutely.

Seems like this is a done deal. Most serious football forums' have similar polls and they all pick Brady, some by 15%+. Most analysts seem to agree.

Haters can hate, but he's the goat now.

Now I understand how 90s Bulls fans felt after the last championship. Sure, people will bring up KAJ, Russell, etc, but culturally, the goat is MJ in America/the world. Same thing for Tom now. Feels good.

Feels good.
YOU LOSE
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:58 pm

Brady is in the discussion but can't say best ever. Find it hard to believe Brady would of held up in the 60's and 70's with his lack of mobility in scrambling and creating space in the pocket with the old rules. I personally don't believe he would have held up back then. I'll still take Montana, Staubach or Marino over anyone today.
Lala870
Starter
And1: 1,453

Post#11 » by Lala870 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:32 am

Best QB of all time?

LMFAO.

Dude is lucky to have rings at all. Had Woodson's strip fumble stood, this thread would not even exist.
Al Harrington is my inspiration for weed entrepreneurship!
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#12 » by truth18 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:22 am

Lala870 wrote:Best QB of all time?

LMFAO.

Dude is lucky to have rings at all. Had Woodson's strip fumble stood, this thread would not even exist.

But it does. Hate all you want. We know goat status is defined my stats, accolades , public perception beyond forums like this, etc. Jordan probably isn't the goat, its probably some six way tie in basketball that includes him. Montana and Brady are the goats for now. You dont have to like it, but its true. Check the stats. Undeniable.
YOU LOSE
afox
Veteran
And1: 1,398

Post#13 » by afox » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:15 pm

All comes down to opinion at this point. But I like Brady. We just watched him win the SB against one of the best Def in the last 10 or so years. They're especially good vs the pass. The Pats starting rb was out and they started a rb picked up with 6 wks to go in the season. The captain of the D and leading tackler was out. Let's not forget Hernandez was a big part of this Off and how it was constructed. He wasn't replaced sufficiently. The 3 WRs are probably the number 3 wideout on most other teams. Pretty much gave up on the run in the second half. Passed the ball 50 times against a D that thrives on being in that position. And had to put together back to back td drives to come from behind, down by 10 in the 4th Q. Let me say it again, against that D!! Like Cowherd said, 'he made them look like a college team'. He moved the ball all game against them, with out a running attack. I've never seen another qb do more with less. And I started watching football in '78. So that includes Bradshaw and Montana! Bottom line, he and Belichick just win fb games. 13 years(not counting injury of course), 12 Div titles, missed playoffs once. Was one and done only two times. Was 8-1 with a bye in the Div round, 6-3 in AFC champ(that's 9 games in 12 playoffs). And of course 4-2 in SB. 21-8 overall in playoffs. Unbelievable!! Sorry so long, but had to be!!
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#14 » by LAKESHOW » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:24 pm

This ones for John!
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
splashbrothers
Banned User
And1: 39

Post#15 » by splashbrothers » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:36 am

Imagine if Seahawks score at the end and win.. Brady would NOT be considered the best ever because he would be 3-3 instead of 4-2. But, seahawks scoring would have had nothing to do with Brady's performance. Yet, still it would have impacted his legacy
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#16 » by Higga » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:59 pm

splashbrothers wrote:Imagine if Seahawks score at the end and win.. Brady would NOT be considered the best ever because he would be 3-3 instead of 4-2. But, seahawks scoring would have had nothing to do with Brady's performance. Yet, still it would have impacted his legacy

But he rallied his team from double digit deficit in the 4th quarter(first time in Super Bowl history). He also led game winning scoring drives in two of the other Super Bowls, and the two he lost we're because the opponent made some really...fluky plays to steal them.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 2, 2015 11:54 pm

pacmaniac wrote:

I think there is a case that Brady is the best modern day QB. Best ever, I don't think so. I can't see Brady holding up and having the long career he has had by playing in the 60's and 70's with the old style rules. Brady has been reaping the rewards from today's rules and system. Christ every time you even breathe on Brady a personal foul penalty is called. In the old days the Staubach's, Bradshaw's and Montana's still got head slapped and thrown to the ground even after the ball was released. All these modern day Qb's we have today would have gotten beaten up by some of those old Packer, Cowboy and Steeler teams. All these new rules favoring the offense, 2 extra games per year and an extra round of playoffs to pad stats, etc., OVER RATED. I can still think of many Qb's I'd rather have than Brady, and I'm not taking away anything from him. IMHO if the Patriots didn't play in the weakest division in football the past 15 years I don't believe they would have such the easy run they have had. Seriously, Buffalo, Miami and the Jets should all be indefinitely suspended from the NFL to get there **** together. To suck for so long and let New England dominate for 14 years and counting. How embarrassing. But despite this easy cake walk, the Patriots are very lucky to even have what they have to this point and had to do some cheating along the way.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,993

Post#18 » by cl2117 » Sun Mar 8, 2015 1:52 pm

It's all a matter of opinion and I don't take issue with anyone saying that he isn't, but in my eyes he's the best QB of all time.

The accolades are there, the Superbowl wins are there, the longevity and consistency is there. He's definitely got to be in your top 3 of all time regardless of how you feel about him because of all of that.

The thing that really puts it over the top for me is the consistency he has shown throughout his career. People point to a couple lucky plays like the tuck rule and Carroll's call to pass the ball in the last Superbowl, but there were similar plays in his two losses (the Tyrie catch and Welker's drop that would have sealed it) not to mention the ridiculous catch that set up the Seahawks prior to Butler's interception. He could have 6 rings had things gone his way. At the end of the day though what happened happened and 4-2 in six Superbowl appearances is incredibly impressive.

He's my number one QB of all time, but even if you disagree, he's without a doubt one of the greatest of all time and I don't think you can argue that away.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,369

Post#19 » by bwgood77 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:41 pm

Lala870 wrote:Best QB of all time?

LMFAO.

Or, Lynch getting the ball. Or the tuck rule. Or not pulling it out against the Delhomme and the Panthers in OT. Or Vinatieri being super clutch to win at least two of the games. It's crazy how, because Seattle couldn't punch it in, suddenly this discussion pops up, but had he punched it in, somehow that means Brady is even better.

Sure, he is one of the best qbs ever. An all time great.

The Pats have never really been that dominating. They have only been REALLY good when they had a great D. Montana's teams dominated Super Bowls.

Eras are just too hard to compare as well.
RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Post#20 » by RavenMad31 » Tue May 5, 2015 2:21 am

Yes. He has won as many Super Bowls as anyone. He has done it with FAR less offensive talent than that guy from SF in the 80s. He has done it with less defensive talent than that guy had. He has also gone to two more Super Bowls which could have just as easily been wins if Wes Welker could catch and the ball doesn't stick to Tyree's head. (see how luck can work against him also?) His career has paralleled that of another all time prolific passer and has largely dominated him over the course of their careers. He does this in all kinds of weather. His play gets better under pressure, not worse. He is just plain better than everyone else, ever.

Return to The General NFL Board