Tom goin to court?

Moderator: bwgood77

greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Re: Tom goin to court? 

Post#41 » by greenbeans » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:30 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Me being hypocritical, lol

Yeah, being okay with actual cheating in one sport, that's being investigated by actual authorities, while going on tangents about integrity when it comes to cheating in other sports, is hypocritical
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#42 » by greenbeans » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:31 pm

But yeah, no, you don't care you've only been posting about it nonstop
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#43 » by Latrell » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:45 pm

greenbeans wrote:
El Turco wrote:
Latrell wrote:Yeah, I'm sooooo sure the NFL is just out to get one the NFL's flagship franchises and one of their most marketable stars just because ?

i've been asking this for awhile and never gotten an answer from the tinfoil nation myself

The same owners who go run and change rules after their team takes a loss are the ones pushing this. Biscotti, Woody, etc etc. And the people who worked for those teams that are now in a position of disciplinary power, Kensil, etc.

Feel free to eat up everything Roger feeds you through his lackies in the media instead though.

OK :lol:
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#44 » by El Turco » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:47 pm

greenbeans wrote:
El Turco wrote:
Latrell wrote:Yeah, I'm sooooo sure the NFL is just out to get one the NFL's flagship franchises and one of their most marketable stars just because ?

i've been asking this for awhile and never gotten an answer from the tinfoil nation myself

The same owners who go run and change rules after their team takes a loss are the ones pushing this. Biscotti, Woody, etc etc. And the people who worked for those teams that are now in a position of disciplinary power, Kensil, etc.

Feel free to eat up everything Roger feeds you through his lackies in the media instead though.

Spoiler:
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#45 » by greenbeans » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:53 pm

It's funny how on the ball the league is in the eyes of people depending on the party being persecuted
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by Latrell » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:01 pm

greenbeans wrote:It's funny how on the ball the league is in the eyes of people depending on the party being persecuted

i don't think anyone has said that.

I'm a Colts fan so I admit I'm biased BUT...most impartial fans pretty much feel that if this is indeed such a small issue then Brady should have owned up to it and said basically " I like to undeinflate footballs, i didn't know it was a big deal, i didn't know it was illegal, i apologize to everyone and will take my punishment like a man"

But no , you're right...Goodell is out to get those Pats! Nobody is safe!
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by Latrell » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:08 pm

Froob wrote:
Latrell wrote:
Froob wrote:Apparently they even had Belichick's phone. Man this thing is too ridiculous. Goodell and his gang green cronies have to go.

How dare he try to protect the integrity of the rules!!

If he cared about the integrity of the rules he would have punished the Colts for tampering with our balls (the Colts gauged the Patriots ball on the sideline 100% against the rules). Not only that but, 3 of the 4 (why only 4?) balls were underinflated. No suspension. A Colts fan talking about integrity, classic. Polian changed the rules specifically to help Peyton. One of the most scumbag organizations in sports.

Yeah you're right. The NFL cares way more about trashing and punishing one of its most profitable franchises for no good reason.... :lol:
El Turco

Post#48 » by El Turco » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:19 pm

greenbeans wrote:It's funny how on the ball the league is in the eyes of people depending on the party being persecuted

each instance should be judged separately but it is true, league made plenty of mistakes and your owner was the one that shielded goodell. forgive rest of us if we are not shedding a tear because kraft's lapdog bit him.

Dry_Fish
RealGM
And1: 8,377

Post#49 » by Dry_Fish » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:34 pm

Wonder if the Pats fumbling will converge with the league average this season?

Pats fans probably have excuses already for that ... Brady didn't get enough time with receivers, the refs are over inflating the Pats balls, let's talk about Ray Rice
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#50 » by greenbeans » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:58 pm

Fellas, this goes out to you. Remember these words you've written in 6mos-1yr when Goodell is a national laughingstock and in 1-2yrs when he's out of the league

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBirf4BWew[/youtube]
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,276

Post#51 » by Froob » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:02 pm

Latrell wrote:
Froob wrote:
Latrell wrote:
How dare he try to protect the integrity of the rules!!

If he cared about the integrity of the rules he would have punished the Colts for tampering with our balls (the Colts gauged the Patriots ball on the sideline 100% against the rules). Not only that but, 3 of the 4 (why only 4?) balls were underinflated. No suspension. A Colts fan talking about integrity, classic. Polian changed the rules specifically to help Peyton. One of the most scumbag organizations in sports.

Yeah you're right. The NFL cares way more about trashing and punishing one of its most profitable franchises for no good reason.... :lol:

Notice how it's kept the NFL in the news the entire off season. There's no such thing as bad publicity for the NFL.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,276

Post#52 » by Froob » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:04 pm

Dry_Fish wrote:Wonder if the Pats fumbling will converge with the league average this season?

Pats fans probably have excuses already for that ... Brady didn't get enough time with receivers, the refs are over inflating the Pats balls, let's talk about Ray Rice

Whoops , find a new smoking gun chief
http://regressing.deadspin.com/why-those-statistics-about-the-patriots-fumbles-are-mos-1681805710
And actually the refs did overinflate the balls to 16 psi in a game vs the Jets. Funny how Goodell and gang green ignored that.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#53 » by therealbig3 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:16 pm

Latrell wrote:

You keep saying this as if it makes any sense.

1. No such thing as bad publicity, the NFL has stayed relevant throughout the offseason because of this.

2. The Patriots are everyone's favorite villain...kind of like the Miami Heat when LeBron first joined them. People love to hate them...the NFL doesn't mind, because they're still keeping people interested and making money. Brady is a microcosm of that. You think it was a bad thing for the NBA that LeBron was public enemy #1 for a while? Of course not. The NFL becomes a lot less boring when everyone hates the Patriots.

3. The NFL also doesn't want to look stupid. They've misinformed and straight up lied to the public throughout this entire investigation, and they have no evidence of any actual wrongdoing. They've already taken massive backlash with regards to other cases around the league, specifically Ray Rice. They've gotten accusations of racism, as only black players seem to have been punished. Going after the face of the NFL, who so happens to be like the whitest guy in the world, who plays for the most hated team in the NFL is basically just the NFL trying to re-establish their authority, and it's something that the overwhelming majority would support, since it IS Tom Brady, since it IS the Patriots. But the NFL doesn't actually have anything against them, so they've made themselves look stupid again. Why do you think they pushed for Brady to admit guilt and apologize so hard? Because imagine the backlash they'd get if they settled without making him do that. They're posturing.
Dry_Fish
RealGM

Post#54 » by Dry_Fish » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:17 pm

The Pats are still below the normal even after all the author's spin
El Turco

Post#55 » by El Turco » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:18 pm

goodell leaving could be the worst thing to ever happen to patriots. wonder what else would've came out over the years if goodell and kraft werent so buddy buddy

Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by Latrell » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:19 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
Latrell wrote:

You keep saying this as if it makes any sense.

1. No such thing as bad publicity, the NFL has stayed relevant throughout the offseason because of this.

2. The Patriots are everyone's favorite villain...kind of like the Miami Heat when LeBron first joined them. People love to hate them...the NFL doesn't mind, because they're still keeping people interested and making money. Brady is a microcosm of that. You think it was a bad thing for the NBA that LeBron was public enemy #1 for a while? Of course not. The NFL becomes a lot less boring when everyone hates the Patriots.

3. The NFL also doesn't want to look stupid. They've misinformed and straight up lied to the public throughout this entire investigation, and they have no evidence of any actual wrongdoing. They've already taken massive backlash with regards to other cases around the league, specifically Ray Rice. They've gotten accusations of racism, as only black players seem to have been punished. Going after the face of the NFL, who so happens to be like the whitest guy in the world, who plays for the most hated team in the NFL is basically just the NFL trying to re-establish their authority, and it's something that the overwhelming majority would support, since it IS Tom Brady, since it IS the Patriots. But the NFL doesn't actually have anything against them, so they've made themselves look stupid again. Why do you think they pushed for Brady to admit guilt and apologize so hard? Because imagine the backlash they'd get if they settled without making him do that. They're posturing.

Yeah I'm sure thats it. The NFL needs publicity in the offseason :lol:

I'm sure they'd rather NOT have Tom Brady play in the opening week, its bad for business right? :lol:
El Turco

Post#57 » by El Turco » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:20 pm

publicity bit is not convincing to me, nfl has done great over the years even in off season without fabricating scandals

greenbeans
RealGM

Post#58 » by greenbeans » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:33 pm

El Turco wrote:goodell leaving could be the worst thing to ever happen to patriots. wonder what else would've came out over the years if goodell and kraft werent so buddy buddy

You can't really keep saying the buddy buddy routine after he's levied the two largest punishments in league history against the Pats. He's used the Pats to try and make an example and trump himself up twice now. It will be the end of him.

And just because Kraft hasn't had the type of infractions other owners have and he's not being locked away out of view of the cameras like pillpopping/piping in sound Irsay, and he can venture into the public spotlight freely, doesn't mean they're great friends. You never did business with people you don't like?

You're all talking in definites like you actually know what's going on and trying to pretend like it isn't your clear biases you're writing out; the guy talking belicheat and that junk was at least clear about his position and not pretending to be something he's not
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#59 » by greenbeans » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:35 pm

"Hi, I'm here to hate on the successful team, I've never once changed my opinion on anything and I'll argue against them until there are no more words left on the internet"

Just start off with that
Dry_Fish
RealGM

Post#60 » by Dry_Fish » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:49 pm

"I enjoy people acting delusional and will encourage them to continue cause it's a chuckle"

Return to The General NFL Board