Post#61 » by greenbeans » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:50 pm

doesn't roll off the tongue as smooth give it another go
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Re: Tom goin to court? 

Post#62 » by El Turco » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:55 pm

greenbeans wrote:
El Turco wrote:goodell leaving could be the worst thing to ever happen to patriots. wonder what else would've came out over the years if goodell and kraft werent so buddy buddy

You can't really keep saying the buddy buddy routine after he's levied the two largest punishments in league history against the Pats. He's used the Pats to try and make an example and trump himself up twice now. It will be the end of him.

And just because Kraft hasn't had the type of infractions other owners have and he's not being locked away out of view of the cameras like pillpopping/piping in sound Irsay, and he can venture into the public spotlight freely, doesn't mean they're great friends. You never did business with people you don't like?

You're all talking in definites like you actually know what's going on and trying to pretend like it isn't your clear biases you're writing out; the guy talking belicheat and that junk was at least clear about his position and not pretending to be something he's not

what clear bias? patriots is not in my team's division, not in the same conference, dont even think they played each other more than twice in a decade. brady played high school ball 20 minutes away from where i am living right now and among the most revered athletes around here. pretty ironic patsies claim they know everything and they are unbiased and when nobody else buys into their bullsh*t, they claim others having clear biases.

and goodell-kraft relationship wasnt just relationship between commish and any ol' owner..

According to GQ, Kraft lobbied owners to issue statements publicly backing Goodell in the wake of TMZ's leaking of elevator footage showing Ray Rice striking and knocking his then-fiance unconscious. Kraft is called Goodell's "fiercest advocate and defender" by GQ, but one NFL executive has a different name for the Patriots' owner:

So large is Kraft's sway with Goodell that one veteran NFL executive likes to call him "the assistant commissioner."

Spoiler:
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#63 » by greenbeans » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:58 pm

Yeah, no, you definitely aren't biased. What was I thinking.
El Turco

Post#64 » by El Turco » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:58 pm

greenbeans wrote:"Hi, I'm here to hate on the successful team, I've never once changed my opinion on anything and I'll argue against them until there are no more words left on the internet"

Just start off with that

play the success card with somebody else pal, i've experienced titles through teams i support in every major sport past 12 months. i am sick of the parades to be honest.

El Turco

Post#65 » by El Turco » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:58 pm

greenbeans wrote:Yeah, no, you definitely aren't biased. What was I thinking.

you werent

greenbeans
RealGM

Post#66 » by greenbeans » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:01 pm

You've been sh*tting on the Pats years now. Definitely just a funny happenstance though.
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#67 » by greenbeans » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:02 pm

El Turco wrote:
greenbeans wrote:"Hi, I'm here to hate on the successful team, I've never once changed my opinion on anything and I'll argue against them until there are no more words left on the internet"

Just start off with that

play the success card with somebody else pal, i've experienced titles through teams i support in every major sport past 12 months. i am sick of the parades to be honest.

Congrats on hopping on a couple bandwagons at the right time
Dry_Fish
RealGM
And1: 8,377

Post#68 » by Dry_Fish » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:05 pm

Let's talk about the C's and the Red Sox to balance out the currently successful Pats

edit - this doesn't come off right
El Turco

Post#69 » by El Turco » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:07 pm

greenbeans wrote:
El Turco wrote:

Just start off with that

likewise, dont think i've seen you around here before patriots won a title 8-)

greenbeans
RealGM

Post#70 » by greenbeans » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:09 pm

El Turco wrote:
greenbeans wrote:
El Turco wrote:play the success card with somebody else pal, i've experienced titles through teams i support in every major sport past 12 months. i am sick of the parades to be honest.

likewise, dont think i've seen you around here before patriots won a title 8-)

It's garbage football discussion. I go elsewhere. And I don't think this site was even in existance before the Pats won their first title.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#71 » by Latrell » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:29 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
Latrell wrote:
Yeah you're right. The NFL cares way more about trashing and punishing one of its most profitable franchises for no good reason.... :lol:

You keep saying this as if it makes any sense.

1. No such thing as bad publicity, the NFL has stayed relevant throughout the offseason because of this.

2. The Patriots are everyone's favorite villain...kind of like the Miami Heat when LeBron first joined them. People love to hate them...the NFL doesn't mind, because they're still keeping people interested and making money. Brady is a microcosm of that. You think it was a bad thing for the NBA that LeBron was public enemy #1 for a while? Of course not. The NFL becomes a lot less boring when everyone hates the Patriots.

3. The NFL also doesn't want to look stupid. They've misinformed and straight up lied to the public throughout this entire investigation, and they have no evidence of any actual wrongdoing. They've already taken massive backlash with regards to other cases around the league, specifically Ray Rice. They've gotten accusations of racism, as only black players seem to have been punished. Going after the face of the NFL, who so happens to be like the whitest guy in the world, who plays for the most hated team in the NFL is basically just the NFL trying to re-establish their authority, and it's something that the overwhelming majority would support, since it IS Tom Brady, since it IS the Patriots. But the NFL doesn't actually have anything against them, so they've made themselves look stupid again. Why do you think they pushed for Brady to admit guilt and apologize so hard? Because imagine the backlash they'd get if they settled without making him do that. They're posturing.

The Patriots are only a villain to the 3 AFC East teams and the Colts. That's it. The rest of the fan bases could care less..and what the Pats have in terms of haters they most certainly make up for in bandwagon fans.
Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#72 » by Agnostifarian » Sat Aug 1, 2015 3:52 pm

Latrell wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
Latrell wrote:
Yeah you're right. The NFL cares way more about trashing and punishing one of its most profitable franchises for no good reason.... :lol:

1. No such thing as bad publicity, the NFL has stayed relevant throughout the offseason because of this.

2. The Patriots are everyone's favorite villain...kind of like the Miami Heat when LeBron first joined them. People love to hate them...the NFL doesn't mind, because they're still keeping people interested and making money. Brady is a microcosm of that. You think it was a bad thing for the NBA that LeBron was public enemy #1 for a while? Of course not. The NFL becomes a lot less boring when everyone hates the Patriots.

3. The NFL also doesn't want to look stupid. They've misinformed and straight up lied to the public throughout this entire investigation, and they have no evidence of any actual wrongdoing. They've already taken massive backlash with regards to other cases around the league, specifically Ray Rice. They've gotten accusations of racism, as only black players seem to have been punished. Going after the face of the NFL, who so happens to be like the whitest guy in the world, who plays for the most hated team in the NFL is basically just the NFL trying to re-establish their authority, and it's something that the overwhelming majority would support, since it IS Tom Brady, since it IS the Patriots. But the NFL doesn't actually have anything against them, so they've made themselves look stupid again. Why do you think they pushed for Brady to admit guilt and apologize so hard? Because imagine the backlash they'd get if they settled without making him do that. They're posturing.

The Patriots are only a villain to the 3 AFC East teams and the Colts. That's it. The rest of the fan bases could care less..and what the Pats have in terms of haters they most certainly make up for in bandwagon fans.

Other than Welker coming up a half yard short on 4th and 2, a decade of butt hurt has taken it's toll on you. Brady will eventually retire and Luck will find himself a bitch. Have faith. :crazy:
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#73 » by Latrell » Sat Aug 1, 2015 4:41 pm

Agnostifarian wrote:
Latrell wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:

Other than Welker coming up a half yard short on 4th and 2, a decade of butt hurt has taken it's toll on you. Brady will eventually retire and Luck will find himself a bitch. Have faith. :crazy:

Ok, let's bring up the Colts for no reason :crazy:
Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#74 » by Agnostifarian » Sat Aug 1, 2015 7:53 pm

Latrell wrote:
Agnostifarian wrote:
Latrell wrote:

Ok, let's bring up the Colts for no reason :crazy:

I expect Brady will win. He usually does. Well, you know.
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,260

Post#75 » by Froob » Mon Aug 3, 2015 2:06 am

lulz
I"ll be damned if we don't get those picks back.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater

Return to The General NFL Board