Why is hazing like this OK for the NFL, but yet the Dolphins did something wrong?

Moderator: bwgood77

El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Re: Why is hazing like this OK for the NFL, but yet the Dolphins did something wrong? 

Post#2 » by El Turco » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:11 pm

it is all part of league's conspiracy against patriots
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Re: Why is hazing like this OK for the NFL, but yet the Dolphins did something wrong? 

Post#3 » by Higga » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:48 pm

Its one thing to tape a guy to a goalpost for a few minutes. Its another to continue to verbally harass him and create a hostile work environment day in and day out.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#4 » by therealbig3 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:20 pm

What's the point of hazing in general? It's so immature and childish, why do grown men feel the need to belittle and humiliate other grown men?

I'm not saying don't tease them, or don't make them do bitch work (coffee runs, buying breakfast, paying a dinner bill, carrying bags, giving up your seat), but physically humiliating them is just stupid. I wouldn't get any joy out of tying a guy to a goalpost and dumping water on him.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,313

Post#5 » by Froob » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:32 pm

Because the NFL didn't decide they care yet. They don't care about hazing or bullying, they just like to make conspiracies that generate clicks and ratings.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
rileymartin
Ballboy
And1: 44

Post#6 » by rileymartin » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:01 pm

Higga wrote:Its one thing to tape a guy to a goalpost for a few minutes. Its another to continue to verbally harass him and create a hostile work environment day in and day out.

Taping to goalposts was only what we saw. My guess is, that probably isn't the only thing going on.

As far as the "hostile" work environment, it seemed that most of the players on the Dolphins and many other teams didn't really view it that way. Only Martin did, despite the fact that he played into it and was doing the same things.

Bottom line is, the NFL has to decide whether this is acceptable, or unacceptable. It doesn't surprise me that Martin is retired, and Incognito is still playing.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,313

Post#7 » by Froob » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:12 pm

Apparently Martin had a lot of mental issues and was on the verge of suicide multiple times. According to his OL coach Martin denied there even was bullying...

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater

Return to The General NFL Board