NFC West

Moderators: bwgood77, Icness

Who will win the division next season?

Cardinals
2
50%
49ers
1
25%
Rams
0
No votes
Seahawks
1
25%
 
Total votes: 4

User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 31,195
And1: 11,667
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

NFC West 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 5, 2016 3:07 pm

Ask the three most powerful people in the Cardinals organization what makes them work so well together and the clichés rush at you like blitzing linebackers.

We stay in our lanes, they say.

We check our egos at the door, they say.

We roll up our sleeves and work, they say.

We communicate constantly, they say.

Every decision we make is a Cardinal decision, they say.

Those explanations are as deep as team President Michael Bidwill, General Manager Steve Keim and coach Bruce Arians give for how they’ve led the team to the most successful three-year period in franchise history.

Two playoff appearances and 34 regular-season victories are proof that whatever the Cardinals triumvirate is doing, it's better than anyone else in team history has.

That could be seen as a backhanded compliment, given the franchise was among the NFL’s worst for the better part of five decades – the 1950s through the 1990s.

But it’s also remarkable in today’s NFL. Only the Broncos (37), Patriots (36) and Seahawks (35) have more.


For complete article by Kent Somers http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2016/09/03/arizona-cardinals-power-trio-checks-egos-door/89669620/
User avatar
Cactus Jack
Head Coach
Posts: 6,598
And1: 2,580
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
     

Re: NFC West 

Post#2 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 5, 2016 6:37 pm

Ok, does this mean I can post Hawks articles in this thread? Lol
Seattle Supersonics / Warriors (7/4/16)
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 31,195
And1: 11,667
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: NFC West 

Post#3 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 5, 2016 8:46 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Ok, does this mean I can post Hawks articles in this thread? Lol

Yes, that's the idea. And Ernie can post any optimistic Rams articles if he happens to find any.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect
Posts: 807
And1: 68
Joined: Jun 02, 2016

Re: NFC West 

Post#4 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Mon Sep 5, 2016 8:49 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Ok, does this mean I can post Hawks articles in this thread? Lol

Yes, that's the idea. And Ernie can post any optimistic Rams articles if he happens to find any.


Ernie Doesnt care what happens in the NFC west this year lol

Ernie knows the Rams are just spoilers this year.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 31,195
And1: 11,667
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: NFC West 

Post#5 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 5, 2016 8:50 pm

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Ok, does this mean I can post Hawks articles in this thread? Lol

Yes, that's the idea. And Ernie can post any optimistic Rams articles if he happens to find any.


Ernie Doesnt care what happens in the NFC west this year lol

Ernie knows the Rams are just spoilers this year.


Is Ernie really Jay Cutler himself?
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect
Posts: 807
And1: 68
Joined: Jun 02, 2016

Re: NFC West 

Post#6 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Mon Sep 5, 2016 8:55 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Yes, that's the idea. And Ernie can post any optimistic Rams articles if he happens to find any.


Ernie Doesnt care what happens in the NFC west this year lol

Ernie knows the Rams are just spoilers this year.


Is Ernie really Jay Cutler himself?

Image
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 31,195
And1: 11,667
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: NFC West 

Post#7 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 5, 2016 8:59 pm

Ahhh...everything makes sense now.
User avatar
Cactus Jack
Head Coach
Posts: 6,598
And1: 2,580
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
     

Re: NFC West 

Post#8 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 5, 2016 9:03 pm

Nice Avatar, Ern!
Seattle Supersonics / Warriors (7/4/16)
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect
Posts: 807
And1: 68
Joined: Jun 02, 2016

Re: NFC West 

Post#9 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Mon Sep 5, 2016 9:18 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Nice Avatar, Ern!


its not as good.
took your guys advice having to resize it through photobucket so its somewhat off.
User avatar
bleu
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 6,063
And1: 957
Joined: Apr 24, 2007
       

Re: NFC West 

Post#10 » by bleu » Tue Sep 6, 2016 12:58 am

Damn, I had no clue Jay Cutler himself was among us. I may need to go back and edit a few of my older posts.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,924
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: NFC West 

Post#11 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 6, 2016 4:32 am

Not me. I mean't every word of it.
User avatar
Cactus Jack
Head Coach
Posts: 6,598
And1: 2,580
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
     

Re: NFC West 

Post#12 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 6, 2016 4:39 am

Image
Preseason power ranking: 1

Image
Quarterback Russell Wilson is coming off a career year in which he led the NFL in passer rating, and Seattle’s defense returns nine of 11 starters from a unit that allowed the fewest points in the NFL for the fourth straight season. The Seahawks have maintained continuity on their coaching staff and avoided contract distractions this summer for the first time in three years. They have made the playoffs four years in a row, and all the pieces are in place for them to get back once again in 2016.

Image
It would take a significant injury to Wilson. The fifth-year quarterback has not missed a game or even a practice in his career. Right now, his backup is undrafted free agent Trevone Boykin. The Seahawks will be in trouble if Wilson misses a significant period of time. Injuries to cornerback Richard Sherman or safety Earl Thomas – both of whom have never missed a game -- would also be difficult to overcome.

Image
Russell Wilson is always underrated, but his 2015 passer rating was 132.8 over the final seven -- largely without Jimmy Graham and Marshawn Lynch. If Tarvaris Jackson were still the backup instead of Trevone Boykin, Seattle might rank even higher. -- Dan Graziano

Image
Defensive end Frank Clark. The Seahawks had a very good pass rush last year -- Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril combining for 19 sacks. But if Clark can make the leap in his second season, this group could be really special. Clark flashed as a rookie, and he will get more opportunities to rush the passer. He’ll primarily line up at right defensive end, but he could be moved around the formation by defensive coordinator Kris Richard.

Image
Thomas Rawls. The buzz around Christine Michael this summer has been warranted, but Rawls is still going to be this team’s lead running back. He was fantastic as a rookie, leading the NFL in yards per carry and average yards after contact. Rawls started seven games last year and had 830 yards. Coach Pete Carroll wants this to be a run-first offense, and Rawls is in line for a big workload.

Image
This season will come down to the Seahawks’ biggest unknown: the offensive line. Seattle will go with at least three new starters, and Justin Britt, who played left guard last year, is moving to center. No team in the league has less money committed to the offensive line in 2016 than the Seahawks. If this group can be competent, the Seahawks are a legitimate Super Bowl contender. If not, this season will end in disappointment.

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/21614/russell-wilson-seahawks-have-super-bowl-expectations
Seattle Supersonics / Warriors (7/4/16)
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,924
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: NFC West 

Post#13 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 6, 2016 5:36 am

I predict that it will be a dog fight, down to the bitter end on who finished in the bottom of the NFC West. Hummm, the 49whiners or the Rams. I'll take Chip Kelly over Fischer for 3ird place.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 31,195
And1: 11,667
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: NFC West 

Post#14 » by bwgood77 » Tue Sep 6, 2016 6:53 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Image
Preseason power ranking: 1

Image
Quarterback Russell Wilson is coming off a career year in which he led the NFL in passer rating, and Seattle’s defense returns nine of 11 starters from a unit that allowed the fewest points in the NFL for the fourth straight season. The Seahawks have maintained continuity on their coaching staff and avoided contract distractions this summer for the first time in three years. They have made the playoffs four years in a row, and all the pieces are in place for them to get back once again in 2016.

Image
It would take a significant injury to Wilson. The fifth-year quarterback has not missed a game or even a practice in his career. Right now, his backup is undrafted free agent Trevone Boykin. The Seahawks will be in trouble if Wilson misses a significant period of time. Injuries to cornerback Richard Sherman or safety Earl Thomas – both of whom have never missed a game -- would also be difficult to overcome.

Image
Russell Wilson is always underrated, but his 2015 passer rating was 132.8 over the final seven -- largely without Jimmy Graham and Marshawn Lynch. If Tarvaris Jackson were still the backup instead of Trevone Boykin, Seattle might rank even higher. -- Dan Graziano

Image
Defensive end Frank Clark. The Seahawks had a very good pass rush last year -- Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril combining for 19 sacks. But if Clark can make the leap in his second season, this group could be really special. Clark flashed as a rookie, and he will get more opportunities to rush the passer. He’ll primarily line up at right defensive end, but he could be moved around the formation by defensive coordinator Kris Richard.

Image
Thomas Rawls. The buzz around Christine Michael this summer has been warranted, but Rawls is still going to be this team’s lead running back. He was fantastic as a rookie, leading the NFL in yards per carry and average yards after contact. Rawls started seven games last year and had 830 yards. Coach Pete Carroll wants this to be a run-first offense, and Rawls is in line for a big workload.

Image
This season will come down to the Seahawks’ biggest unknown: the offensive line. Seattle will go with at least three new starters, and Justin Britt, who played left guard last year, is moving to center. No team in the league has less money committed to the offensive line in 2016 than the Seahawks. If this group can be competent, the Seahawks are a legitimate Super Bowl contender. If not, this season will end in disappointment.

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/21614/russell-wilson-seahawks-have-super-bowl-expectations

I have Rawls in my 2 fantasy leagues so far, but not in the keeper league as he was a keeper. I think he will be a stud. I think I got him in the 3rd and then the 4th round. Have Elliott and him (and Freeman) in ours and David Johnson and him in my other one. I rule. :lift:
User avatar
Cactus Jack
Head Coach
Posts: 6,598
And1: 2,580
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
     

Re: NFC West 

Post#15 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 6, 2016 7:07 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Image
Preseason power ranking: 1

Image
Quarterback Russell Wilson is coming off a career year in which he led the NFL in passer rating, and Seattle’s defense returns nine of 11 starters from a unit that allowed the fewest points in the NFL for the fourth straight season. The Seahawks have maintained continuity on their coaching staff and avoided contract distractions this summer for the first time in three years. They have made the playoffs four years in a row, and all the pieces are in place for them to get back once again in 2016.

Image
It would take a significant injury to Wilson. The fifth-year quarterback has not missed a game or even a practice in his career. Right now, his backup is undrafted free agent Trevone Boykin. The Seahawks will be in trouble if Wilson misses a significant period of time. Injuries to cornerback Richard Sherman or safety Earl Thomas – both of whom have never missed a game -- would also be difficult to overcome.

Image
Russell Wilson is always underrated, but his 2015 passer rating was 132.8 over the final seven -- largely without Jimmy Graham and Marshawn Lynch. If Tarvaris Jackson were still the backup instead of Trevone Boykin, Seattle might rank even higher. -- Dan Graziano

Image
Defensive end Frank Clark. The Seahawks had a very good pass rush last year -- Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril combining for 19 sacks. But if Clark can make the leap in his second season, this group could be really special. Clark flashed as a rookie, and he will get more opportunities to rush the passer. He’ll primarily line up at right defensive end, but he could be moved around the formation by defensive coordinator Kris Richard.

Image
Thomas Rawls. The buzz around Christine Michael this summer has been warranted, but Rawls is still going to be this team’s lead running back. He was fantastic as a rookie, leading the NFL in yards per carry and average yards after contact. Rawls started seven games last year and had 830 yards. Coach Pete Carroll wants this to be a run-first offense, and Rawls is in line for a big workload.

Image
This season will come down to the Seahawks’ biggest unknown: the offensive line. Seattle will go with at least three new starters, and Justin Britt, who played left guard last year, is moving to center. No team in the league has less money committed to the offensive line in 2016 than the Seahawks. If this group can be competent, the Seahawks are a legitimate Super Bowl contender. If not, this season will end in disappointment.

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/21614/russell-wilson-seahawks-have-super-bowl-expectations

I have Rawls in my 2 fantasy leagues so far, but not in the keeper league as he was a keeper. I think he will be a stud. I think I got him in the 3rd and then the 4th round. Have Elliott and him (and Freeman) in ours and David Johnson and him in my other one. I rule. :lift:

Tbh, he might struggle early on. Coming off the injury. He hasn't gotten much action at all in the preseason. Therefore, Michael may cut into his production/reps to start. So, don't be shocked to see little production from him in weeks 1 or 2.
Seattle Supersonics / Warriors (7/4/16)
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 31,195
And1: 11,667
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: NFC West 

Post#16 » by bwgood77 » Tue Sep 6, 2016 7:12 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Image
Preseason power ranking: 1

Image
Quarterback Russell Wilson is coming off a career year in which he led the NFL in passer rating, and Seattle’s defense returns nine of 11 starters from a unit that allowed the fewest points in the NFL for the fourth straight season. The Seahawks have maintained continuity on their coaching staff and avoided contract distractions this summer for the first time in three years. They have made the playoffs four years in a row, and all the pieces are in place for them to get back once again in 2016.

Image
It would take a significant injury to Wilson. The fifth-year quarterback has not missed a game or even a practice in his career. Right now, his backup is undrafted free agent Trevone Boykin. The Seahawks will be in trouble if Wilson misses a significant period of time. Injuries to cornerback Richard Sherman or safety Earl Thomas – both of whom have never missed a game -- would also be difficult to overcome.

Image
Russell Wilson is always underrated, but his 2015 passer rating was 132.8 over the final seven -- largely without Jimmy Graham and Marshawn Lynch. If Tarvaris Jackson were still the backup instead of Trevone Boykin, Seattle might rank even higher. -- Dan Graziano

Image
Defensive end Frank Clark. The Seahawks had a very good pass rush last year -- Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril combining for 19 sacks. But if Clark can make the leap in his second season, this group could be really special. Clark flashed as a rookie, and he will get more opportunities to rush the passer. He’ll primarily line up at right defensive end, but he could be moved around the formation by defensive coordinator Kris Richard.

Image
Thomas Rawls. The buzz around Christine Michael this summer has been warranted, but Rawls is still going to be this team’s lead running back. He was fantastic as a rookie, leading the NFL in yards per carry and average yards after contact. Rawls started seven games last year and had 830 yards. Coach Pete Carroll wants this to be a run-first offense, and Rawls is in line for a big workload.

Image
This season will come down to the Seahawks’ biggest unknown: the offensive line. Seattle will go with at least three new starters, and Justin Britt, who played left guard last year, is moving to center. No team in the league has less money committed to the offensive line in 2016 than the Seahawks. If this group can be competent, the Seahawks are a legitimate Super Bowl contender. If not, this season will end in disappointment.

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/21614/russell-wilson-seahawks-have-super-bowl-expectations

I have Rawls in my 2 fantasy leagues so far, but not in the keeper league as he was a keeper. I think he will be a stud. I think I got him in the 3rd and then the 4th round. Have Elliott and him (and Freeman) in ours and David Johnson and him in my other one. I rule. :lift:


I was worried about that until a super Seahawks fan who dissects games said "do not worry, Rawls is the real deal and Michael is really inconsistent"....maybe I shouldn't have used quotes since that is an estimate of what he said, but the guy averaged like over 6 yards a carry last year as a backup for a team with the best D in the league. How that drops to round 3 or 4 is crazy. It will be just like when I took Jonathan Stewart late (but like round 6 late) last year after Williams left. Next year Rawls will be top 10. I bet Stewart does way better again than his 4th round value too...he was ranked low because of Cam rushing in for goal line scores, but every QB who has ever had 10 rushing tds has not recorded more than 4 the next year.
User avatar
Cactus Jack
Head Coach
Posts: 6,598
And1: 2,580
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
     

Re: NFC West 

Post#17 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 6, 2016 7:26 am

bwgood77 wrote:I was worried about that until a super Seahawks fan who dissects games said "do not worry, Rawls is the real deal and Michael is really inconsistent"....maybe I shouldn't have used quotes since that is an estimate of what he said, but the guy averaged like over 6 yards a carry last year as a backup for a team with the best D in the league. How that drops to round 3 or 4 is crazy. It will be just like when I took Jonathan Stewart late (but like round 6 late) last year after Williams left. Next year Rawls will be top 10. I bet Stewart does way better again than his 4th round value too...he was ranked low because of Cam rushing in for goal line scores, but every QB who has ever had 10 rushing tds has not recorded more than 4 the next year.


Oh, he is the real deal. Trust me. The injury is still a concern tho. Add to that, Michael has played fantastic really since Rawls went down. He averaged like 8 yards per carry during the preseason. I know its just preseason & all. But, he really has looked fantastic. I think the coaches are comfortable splitting carries between the two. Don't get me wrong, Rawls will still get the majority of the reps. But, Michael has earned some touches as well (as a change of pace back). With CJ Prosise (Rookie) getting 3rd down + passing reps.



Seattle Supersonics / Warriors (7/4/16)
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,924
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

NFC West ! 

Post#18 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:28 pm

Just got their team back, new stadium on the way, great coach and solid QB position. How can anyone not take the Rams to win the NFC west? LMAO. :tooth
User avatar
bleu
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 6,063
And1: 957
Joined: Apr 24, 2007
       

Re: NFC West ! 

Post#19 » by bleu » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:29 pm

Yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhh...umm, about that...

I'm giving them 3, maybe 4 wins this season.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,924
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: NFC West ! 

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:33 pm

I'm sure Ernie will take exception to that, lol. I just had to get things stirred up a bit on day one. Actually Arizona has the best team in the west but Seattle will win the division because of Carson Palmer, the choke artist.

Return to The General NFL Board