AFC West

Moderators: bwgood77, Icness

Who will win the division next season?

Broncos
0
No votes
Chargers
0
No votes
Chiefs
2
100%
Raiders
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 2

bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,924
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: AFC West 

Post#121 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Dec 4, 2016 6:00 pm

I still have K.C. winning the division and going deep into the playoffs. Still pending. I found another post where I posted K.C. would run away with the division. thanks to the Raider season so far, they made my prediction look bad.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,924
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: AFC West 

Post#122 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Dec 4, 2016 6:04 pm

bleu wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bleu wrote:Khalil Mack has become one of my favorite players in football. That man is a monster, I think he wins DPOY this year.

Good call and insight.


Haha, thanks my friend. Though I was wrong about the Derek Carr and the Raiders potential. I've always liked Carr, but I thought that he was at least a year away from making that team a real contender or even a playoff team. I was definitely wrong on that one.

You made that call way back in late September/early October. Like I said, it was a great call on your part. It almost floored me when I went back and started reading some old posts by us all.
User avatar
bleu
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 6,063
And1: 957
Joined: Apr 24, 2007
       

Re: AFC West 

Post#123 » by bleu » Sun Dec 4, 2016 6:11 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bleu wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Good call and insight.


Haha, thanks my friend. Though I was wrong about the Derek Carr and the Raiders potential. I've always liked Carr, but I thought that he was at least a year away from making that team a real contender or even a playoff team. I was definitely wrong on that one.

You made that call way back in late September/early October. Like I said, it was a great call on your part. It almost floored me when I went back and started reading some old posts by us all.


I'm certainly looking forward to going back through the true-false thread and some other preseason prediction threads after the season just to see how things panned out compared to expectations.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,924
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: AFC West 

Post#124 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Dec 4, 2016 6:14 pm

My Minnesota pick isn't looking too good. Wasn't expecting to lose Peterson and Bridgewater early in the year and my sleeper pick in the AFC was the Jaguars. My tail is between my legs on that one, lol.
GoRapstheoriginal
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,828
And1: 245
Joined: Oct 26, 2006
       

Re: AFC West 

Post#125 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Dec 4, 2016 8:08 pm

This division is most likely going to come down to the very last game/week. #Captain Obvious

Classic *trap* game for the Raiders against the Bills today.

We will see. Go Raiders go!
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,924
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: AFC West 

Post#126 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 5, 2016 1:29 am

Justin Houston back in the line up and a Healthy Berry sure makes the K.C. defense more Dominating.
Stoked
Junior
Posts: 342
And1: 89
Joined: Mar 25, 2012
       

Re: AFC West 

Post#127 » by Stoked » Wed Dec 7, 2016 5:26 pm

Denver has a VERY difficult last 4 games.

@ Titans
V. Pats
@ Chiefs
V. Raiders.

It will be very hard to win those games but Denver needs to win out. They are capable but will they?
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,924
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: AFC West 

Post#128 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Dec 9, 2016 5:28 am

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:How about them CHIEF'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Woopee....
They barely beat a team not that good who lost a weapon. Don't by any KC hype,ever.
This might be the division this year where everyone is 9-7 to 7-9

Next year I'm going to get my own T.v. show and charge people for my picks. Double price for Ernie as he needs serious therapy first, lol.
FNQ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 38,613
And1: 2,231
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: De-funked
   

Re: AFC West 

Post#129 » by FNQ » Fri Dec 9, 2016 6:56 pm

Man, the Chiefs have our number. We have to figure them out if we want to win this division going forward. The only plus is that they struggle against middling teams at times. If we run into them in the playoffs, it will be nerveracking.
Trade and Transaction Board Cliff-Notes: Trade and Transactions Roundup IV
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,479
And1: 656
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: AFC West 

Post#130 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Dec 9, 2016 7:08 pm

FNQ wrote:Man, the Chiefs have our number. We have to figure them out if we want to win this division going forward. The only plus is that they struggle against middling teams at times. If we run into them in the playoffs, it will be nerveracking.


At some point, the penalties were going to bite the Raiders in the ass. Caught up last night. That damn false start...
31 Unanswered Points
FNQ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 38,613
And1: 2,231
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: De-funked
   

Re: AFC West 

Post#131 » by FNQ » Fri Dec 9, 2016 7:17 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
FNQ wrote:Man, the Chiefs have our number. We have to figure them out if we want to win this division going forward. The only plus is that they struggle against middling teams at times. If we run into them in the playoffs, it will be nerveracking.


At some point, the penalties were going to bite the Raiders in the ass. Caught up last night. That damn false start...


That was part of it too.. but a lot of costly mistakes.

- King punted to the wrong side, Tyreek Hill TD (lol'd @ Kelce on that one)
- Cooper just up and quit on a ball that he lost in the night
- botched FG attempt
- Carr couldnt hit anyone in the flat

Its a mental block.. when we see the Chiefs we just brain fart. IMO it takes Carr out of the MVP race definitively
Trade and Transaction Board Cliff-Notes: Trade and Transactions Roundup IV
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,479
And1: 656
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: AFC West 

Post#132 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Dec 9, 2016 7:32 pm

FNQ wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
FNQ wrote:Man, the Chiefs have our number. We have to figure them out if we want to win this division going forward. The only plus is that they struggle against middling teams at times. If we run into them in the playoffs, it will be nerveracking.


At some point, the penalties were going to bite the Raiders in the ass. Caught up last night. That damn false start...


That was part of it too.. but a lot of costly mistakes.

- King punted to the wrong side, Tyreek Hill TD (lol'd @ Kelce on that one)
- Cooper just up and quit on a ball that he lost in the night
- botched FG attempt
- Carr couldnt hit anyone in the flat

Its a mental block.. when we see the Chiefs we just brain fart. IMO it takes Carr out of the MVP race definitively


Well - the good news is that the remaining schedule is reasonably favorable. Even the Broncos game. Take care of remaining business. Chiefs/Titans becomes a huge game next Sunday.
31 Unanswered Points
User avatar
bleu
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 6,063
And1: 957
Joined: Apr 24, 2007
       

Re: AFC West 

Post#133 » by bleu » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:31 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
At some point, the penalties were going to bite the Raiders in the ass. Caught up last night. That damn false start...


That was part of it too.. but a lot of costly mistakes.

- King punted to the wrong side, Tyreek Hill TD (lol'd @ Kelce on that one)
- Cooper just up and quit on a ball that he lost in the night
- botched FG attempt
- Carr couldnt hit anyone in the flat

Its a mental block.. when we see the Chiefs we just brain fart. IMO it takes Carr out of the MVP race definitively


Well - the good news is that the remaining schedule is reasonably favorable. Even the Broncos game. Take care of remaining business. Chiefs/Titans becomes a huge game next Sunday.


Don't worry, Chief will smoke 'em
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Starter
Posts: 2,479
And1: 656
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: AFC West 

Post#134 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:05 pm

bleu wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
FNQ wrote:
That was part of it too.. but a lot of costly mistakes.

- King punted to the wrong side, Tyreek Hill TD (lol'd @ Kelce on that one)
- Cooper just up and quit on a ball that he lost in the night
- botched FG attempt
- Carr couldnt hit anyone in the flat

Its a mental block.. when we see the Chiefs we just brain fart. IMO it takes Carr out of the MVP race definitively


Well - the good news is that the remaining schedule is reasonably favorable. Even the Broncos game. Take care of remaining business. Chiefs/Titans becomes a huge game next Sunday.


Don't worry, Chief will smoke 'em


I don't know... the Titans might just have the Chefs right where they want them.
31 Unanswered Points
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,924
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: AFC West 

Post#135 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:49 pm

bleu wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
FNQ wrote:
That was part of it too.. but a lot of costly mistakes.

- King punted to the wrong side, Tyreek Hill TD (lol'd @ Kelce on that one)
- Cooper just up and quit on a ball that he lost in the night
- botched FG attempt
- Carr couldnt hit anyone in the flat

Its a mental block.. when we see the Chiefs we just brain fart. IMO it takes Carr out of the MVP race definitively


Well - the good news is that the remaining schedule is reasonably favorable. Even the Broncos game. Take care of remaining business. Chiefs/Titans becomes a huge game next Sunday.


Don't worry, Chief will smoke 'em

Chiefs will make a statement vs. the Titans. Titans are on the right track, but at least a year away.
GoRapstheoriginal
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,828
And1: 245
Joined: Oct 26, 2006
       

Re: AFC West 

Post#136 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:22 pm

Titans upset the Chiefs. Raiders have to take care of business against the Chargers.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,924
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: AFC West 

Post#137 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:34 am

Wow. Did the Chiefs blow a golden opportunity today.
GoRapstheoriginal
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,828
And1: 245
Joined: Oct 26, 2006
       

Re: AFC West 

Post#138 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:41 am

This year has been super surreal as a Raiders fan. Amazing going back to the playoffs for the 1st time in forever!
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,924
And1: 497
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: AFC West 

Post#139 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:44 am

Same here as a Cowboy fan. Its been a long time these two franchises were in the relevant world. Reminds me of the 70's. Plus its good for football. The farther both teams go, the ratings will sky rocket.
GoRapstheoriginal
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,828
And1: 245
Joined: Oct 26, 2006
       

Re: AFC West 

Post#140 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:49 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Same here as a Cowboy fan. Its been a long time these two franchises were in the relevant world. Reminds me of the 70's. Plus its good for football. The farther both teams go, the ratings will sky rocket.


Agreed.

Return to The General NFL Board