NFC East

Moderators: bwgood77, Icness

Who will win the division next season?

Cowboys
7
70%
Eagles
0
No votes
Giants
2
20%
Redskins
1
10%
 
Total votes: 10

User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,816
And1: 756
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: NFC East 

Post#421 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:05 pm

Cowboys QB Dak Prescott just got a huge bonus
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/03/15/cowboys-qb-dak-prescott-just-got-huge-bonus-tony-romo-made-64

NFL.com revealed performance-based pay bonuses on Wednesday, and Dak Prescott earned the second-highest bonus in the league. He gained $353,544.57 for playing 67.49 percent of Dallas' total snaps in 2016.

Dallas Morning News


Tony Romo earned $64.11 for that one series against the Eagles. Can't make it up.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,154
And1: 532
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: NFC East 

Post#422 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:02 am

shawn_hemp wrote:why would you trade dez bryant?

I'm touched you actually care about America's Team. but I'll pass. I'll just say as it has been since the 70's," we are always on your mind" and standard of the NFC east. Thanks for pretending to care though. :kissmybutt:
User avatar
shawn_hemp
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,984
And1: 1,023
Joined: Aug 27, 2014
 

Re: NFC East 

Post#423 » by shawn_hemp » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:55 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
shawn_hemp wrote:why would you trade dez bryant?

I'm touched you actually care about America's Team. but I'll pass. I'll just say as it has been since the 70's," we are always on your mind" and standard of the NFC east. Thanks for pretending to care though. :kissmybutt:


Dude I'm not your stereotypical "f Dallas" eagles fan. I'll give them props when they are the better team.

And right now, they are. They had the best regular season in the NFC last year. And they far exceeded most people's expectations for Dak and Zeke's first year.

Dak wasn't even really talked about much before he started playing.

I remember him doing the Gruden QB camp and he seemed like a good dude though. He's far more likeable to an opposing fan base then Tony Romo IMO. For whatever that's worth

And Zeke does hit the hole harder than anyone else in football right now. You could argue LeVeon Bell is a better overall back but he also tap dances waiting for an opening. It's a different style than Zeke's but effective in some areas and less in others

I'm sure your O line doesn't hurt his output but I think he would be tearing it up for pretty much any team right now

He is looking like the rare exception to the "don't draft a RB in the first round" ideology that is becoming commonplace in the NFL now

And I'll be the first to admit I subscribe to it

I'm hoping Wendell Smallwood will be the Eagles starter next year and he was a 5th round pick.

I'm a bit worn out of Ryan Matthews tbh. I wouldn't mind seeing him gone either. He isn't strong or fast enough to make you forget about his poor ball security and running style that always feels like he's taking more steps than he has to just to get upfield and actually get yards.

He'll like seek out opposing defenders just to prove how durable he is or something IDK. He has like the mind of a power back but I don't think opposing defenses are overly threatened by Ryan Matthews. Hope he leaves.

Smallwood would be our best bet at RB going forward for now, I'd rather draft a CB in the first round with the Alshon and Torrey Smith signings

Or an OLB. I don't really want Kendricks back either

If we put a stud OLB with Jordan Hicks I think we would go from an average defense to a really good one
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,816
And1: 756
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: NFC East 

Post#424 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:51 am

shawn_hemp wrote:
Dude I'm not your stereotypical "f Dallas" eagles fan. I'll give them props when they are the better team.

And right now, they are. They had the best regular season in the NFC last year. And they far exceeded most people's expectations for Dak and Zeke's first year.

Dak wasn't even really talked about much before he started playing.

I remember him doing the Gruden QB camp and he seemed like a good dude though. He's far more likeable to an opposing fan base then Tony Romo IMO. For whatever that's worth

And Zeke does hit the hole harder than anyone else in football right now. You could argue LeVeon Bell is a better overall back but he also tap dances waiting for an opening. It's a different style than Zeke's but effective in some areas and less in others

I'm sure your O line doesn't hurt his output but I think he would be tearing it up for pretty much any team right now

He is looking like the rare exception to the "don't draft a RB in the first round" ideology that is becoming commonplace in the NFL now

And I'll be the first to admit I subscribe to it

I'm hoping Wendell Smallwood will be the Eagles starter next year and he was a 5th round pick.

I'm a bit worn out of Ryan Matthews tbh. I wouldn't mind seeing him gone either. He isn't strong or fast enough to make you forget about his poor ball security and running style that always feels like he's taking more steps than he has to just to get upfield and actually get yards.

He'll like seek out opposing defenders just to prove how durable he is or something IDK. He has like the mind of a power back but I don't think opposing defenses are overly threatened by Ryan Matthews. Hope he leaves.

Smallwood would be our best bet at RB going forward for now, I'd rather draft a CB in the first round with the Alshon and Torrey Smith signings

Or an OLB. I don't really want Kendricks back either

If we put a stud OLB with Jordan Hicks I think we would go from an average defense to a really good one


I honestly thought Chip was a terrific hire when the Eagles decided to move on from Andy. But... he absolutely set your team back a few years with the QB circus and allowing leaders to leave with no discernible plan for replacing them. I respect Howie a lot. And I get the sense from a distance that the rebuild is on post haste for your heroes. I really believe you have your QB in Wentz. Whatever "it" is, the kid has it. Getting him honest-to-God weapons was paramount and it looks like they have started doing that. Don't know what Smith and Jeffrey have left in the tank but they both have to be better than what the Eagles ran out there last season. Everyone knows that your WR's were a joke the last couple of years (I'm a USC fan - I know all there is to know about Nelson Agholor and he sucks) and I agree with you about Matthews.

And your defense is that close. Way closer than my heroes are. You put our linebackers (especially if Jaylon Smith can give us 80% of what he had at ND which is about the best I can expect from the kid) with your front 4 and that defense becomes real good in a hurry.

I'm friends and a co-worker with a whole bunch of Eagles fans. We'll kick each other in the groin a lot - and have solid football talk too. Looking forward to a little of both here. You and blazza seem to be good dudes.

(Well - I THINK blazza is a dude...)
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
User avatar
shawn_hemp
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,984
And1: 1,023
Joined: Aug 27, 2014
 

Re: NFC East 

Post#425 » by shawn_hemp » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:50 pm

Our DL underperformed last year actually

Fletcher Cox had a down year, Vinny Curry had a down year, Barwin has been mentioned as needing to be gone (and he is), Marcus Smith is MIA (you'll probably have to google who that is. Yeah, he sucks), and our most consistent Dlineman was Bennie Logan who is now in Kansas City. Their defense should be the best in the league next year, he is a really good player. He can help you get the other teams to third and somewhat long time after time and with Justin Houston/Dee Ford/Tamba Hali lurking in a usual passing situation with Peters and Berry roaming in the secondary, they should have one of the best defenses in the league. If Alex Smith wasn't their QB I'd pick them to go to the Super Bowl in the AFC

Logan was underrated on our team, I see people saying like "good we don't need him!" and they're just horribly wrong.

We might not need him specifically, but we need another player who can fill that role.

Someone who will take up 2 blockers to allow Jordan Hicks to fly into the running play and make a stop for no gain or negative yards.

What good is having an awesome MLB if he just gets bodied up all the time on running plays because your DT is underwhelming?

Cowboys fans should know exactly what I'm talking about

And NT is the most under appreciated position in the league, because they don't get the stat numbers that other positions get.

They're not going to get you over a dozen sacks a year or even really make a whole lot of plays each game on average.

But when you go watch everyone else making plays at the line of scrimmage it almost always comes back to the NT forcing blockers to shift their attention just enough to make a hole somewhere else.

Just about all great teams will have a Vince Wilfork / Haloti Ngata / Suh type of player in the middle of the defense.

And Logan was our guy. Beau Allen is just... alright. He reminds me of those guys who are more fat than muscular so they are hard to move but also don't really make any plays themselves.

You need your NT to at least be known to be capable to blow a play up so the opposing blockers focus on him. Beau Allen just takes up space on our side of the line of scrimmage, he never really forces any pressure on opposing plays.

And I almost forgot about Brandon Graham. He will forever be known as the "guy we took 1 spot ahead of Earl Thomas" in Philly.

Started his career with injuries a lot, has looked ok the past 2 seasons, but seems to be incapable of making big plays. I swear every time he gets a sack is on like 1st or 2nd down in like the 2nd quarter of a game we are winning anyway

I think he should be a 3rd down rusher who can come in and give you a jolt of energy. I don't see him ever being more than that. Ok player, we need better though
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,154
And1: 532
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: NFC East 

Post#426 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:15 pm

shawn_hemp wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
shawn_hemp wrote:why would you trade dez bryant?

I'm touched you actually care about America's Team. but I'll pass. I'll just say as it has been since the 70's," we are always on your mind" and standard of the NFC east. Thanks for pretending to care though. :kissmybutt:


Dude I'm not your stereotypical "f Dallas" eagles fan. I'll give them props when they are the better team.

And right now, they are. They had the best regular season in the NFC last year. And they far exceeded most people's expectations for Dak and Zeke's first year.

Dak wasn't even really talked about much before he started playing.

I remember him doing the Gruden QB camp and he seemed like a good dude though. He's far more likeable to an opposing fan base then Tony Romo IMO. For whatever that's worth

And Zeke does hit the hole harder than anyone else in football right now. You could argue LeVeon Bell is a better overall back but he also tap dances waiting for an opening. It's a different style than Zeke's but effective in some areas and less in others

I'm sure your O line doesn't hurt his output but I think he would be tearing it up for pretty much any team right now

He is looking like the rare exception to the "don't draft a RB in the first round" ideology that is becoming commonplace in the NFL now

And I'll be the first to admit I subscribe to it

I'm hoping Wendell Smallwood will be the Eagles starter next year and he was a 5th round pick.

I'm a bit worn out of Ryan Matthews tbh. I wouldn't mind seeing him gone either. He isn't strong or fast enough to make you forget about his poor ball security and running style that always feels like he's taking more steps than he has to just to get upfield and actually get yards.

He'll like seek out opposing defenders just to prove how durable he is or something IDK. He has like the mind of a power back but I don't think opposing defenses are overly threatened by Ryan Matthews. Hope he leaves.

Smallwood would be our best bet at RB going forward for now, I'd rather draft a CB in the first round with the Alshon and Torrey Smith signings

Or an OLB. I don't really want Kendricks back either

If we put a stud OLB with Jordan Hicks I think we would go from an average defense to a really good one

Well I never give props anytime to the Egals and Foreskins, even when we suck and have a down year. What pleases me during those bad years we have, is that you guys still have nothing since 1959. And how many more years in the NFL has the Egals been in the NFL, lol? Your just being too much. Until I take my last breathe before I pass on someday, I will always wish nothing but disaster and pure hate to all Egal and Foreskin organizations, their fans, their families, their cities, etc., I hope I've made my self clear because I'm too old and set in my ways now, and if its your plan to change me, your wasting your time. I think its best we don't answer each other's post. Deal, good. I would probably get suspended or worse if I continued to post further feelings on your Egals, so I will stop here.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
Posts: 12,091
And1: 2,262
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
       

Re: NFC East 

Post#427 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:22 am

I do not like the cowboys off season so far. Elliot is playing on thin ice right now. If he gets suspsend for 2-3 games.. Cowboys are in trouble.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,154
And1: 532
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: NFC East 

Post#428 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:41 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:I do not like the cowboys off season so far. Elliot is playing on thin ice right now. If he gets suspsend for 2-3 games.. Cowboys are in trouble.

They might be in trouble anyways if they don't address the defense for which I have been bitching about for about 7 years now.
User avatar
Cactus Jack
General Manager
Posts: 7,553
And1: 3,120
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: NBA team was stolen
     

Re: NFC East 

Post#429 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:48 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:I do not like the cowboys off season so far. Elliot is playing on thin ice right now. If he gets suspsend for 2-3 games.. Cowboys are in trouble.

They might be in trouble anyways if they don't address the defense for which I have been bitching about for going on 7 years now.

lol
Who am I? A lifelong Sonics fan. Seahawks die-hard. Fan of Jürgen Klopp & Liverpool. Warriors "Bandwagon".
User avatar
bleu
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 6,109
And1: 978
Joined: Apr 24, 2007
       

Re: NFC East 

Post#430 » by bleu » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:58 pm

I said all of last year the thing that would doom the Cowboys is their defensive line. They desperately need to address that this offseason if they want to be viewed as a real contender in my eyes.
Mr B
Veteran
Posts: 2,522
And1: 463
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: NFC East 

Post#431 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:58 pm

bleu wrote:I said all of last year the thing that would doom the Cowboys is their defensive line. They desperately need to address that this offseason if they want to be viewed as a real contender in my eyes.


Not disagreeing with that at all. Even without a good DL they are still good enough to make the playoffs however they would be doomed to repeat what happen last year and what happened in 2014 in the playoffs (one and done).
User avatar
shawn_hemp
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,984
And1: 1,023
Joined: Aug 27, 2014
 

Re: NFC East 

Post#432 » by shawn_hemp » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:20 pm

Image

Maybe another star Dlineman will beat up a woman (sorry, allegedly) and Jerry can sign him
bsjaffe6
Freshman
Posts: 83
And1: 12
Joined: Jan 28, 2017
         

Re: NFC East 

Post#433 » by bsjaffe6 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:32 pm

well if Dallas wishes not to fortify there defense i wont complain and neither will anybody else

wondering why the arent going after the giants FA DT he would be a great add
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,154
And1: 532
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: NFC East 

Post#434 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:42 am

Ballerhogger wrote:I do not like the cowboys off season so far. Elliot is playing on thin ice right now. If he gets suspsend for 2-3 games.. Cowboys are in trouble.

Please. Elliot won't be suspended. Not sure where you get your information, wow. :lol:
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,154
And1: 532
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: NFC East 

Post#435 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:52 am

LMAO here. Even during the off season, we are always on the minds of the Egals and Foreskins. Been going for decades. They contribute immensely talking about America's Team, even in hate form and elevating us even more, I love it. Especially the Egal fans. As usual they bring nothing to the table when it comes to football except for bashing America's Team whenever they can get in a shot. Shouldn't throw stones with an empty trophy case. It make you guys look even worse in more ways than 1. LMAO.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
Posts: 12,091
And1: 2,262
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
       

Re: NFC East 

Post#436 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:51 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:I do not like the cowboys off season so far. Elliot is playing on thin ice right now. If he gets suspsend for 2-3 games.. Cowboys are in trouble.

Please. Elliot won't be suspended. Not sure where you get your information, wow. :lol:

The domestic violence case , then pulling a girl shirt down. One more mess up. . Roger hanmer!!!!
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,154
And1: 532
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: NFC East 

Post#437 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:44 pm

bsjaffe6 wrote:well if Dallas wishes not to fortify there defense i wont complain and neither will anybody else

wondering why the arent going after the giants FA DT he would be a great add

I"m quite sure that Steven Jones has finally convinced daddy that Fa is a bad way to go. For years, Jerry has made his team take a beating in FA and got us into Salary cap hell, along with giving up 1st round draft choice for FA's. We are almost out now with really only one big contract to hurdle through now. Steven started to get rid of bad contract the past 3 years, and has actually built a real nice O-line and offense. I believe this will be the approach for the upcoming draft and I also believe we attack this draft with defense.
I also believe that we will still get something for Romo if this continues to drag on. The closer we get to the draft, and then to June and training camp, injuries and all kinds of scenarios will take place, and Romo's value will keep getting higher and higher. So at the moment, I am more than comfortable that we still have him and haven't given him his release.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,154
And1: 532
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: NFC East 

Post#438 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:37 am

Mr B wrote:
bleu wrote:I said all of last year the thing that would doom the Cowboys is their defensive line. They desperately need to address that this offseason if they want to be viewed as a real contender in my eyes.


Not disagreeing with that at all. Even without a good DL they are still good enough to make the playoffs however they would be doomed to repeat what happen last year and what happened in 2014 in the playoffs (one and done).

I just found out we signed a T/G named Byron Bell. Do you know anything about him?
User avatar
bleu
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 6,109
And1: 978
Joined: Apr 24, 2007
       

Re: NFC East 

Post#439 » by bleu » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:00 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bleu wrote:I said all of last year the thing that would doom the Cowboys is their defensive line. They desperately need to address that this offseason if they want to be viewed as a real contender in my eyes.


Not disagreeing with that at all. Even without a good DL they are still good enough to make the playoffs however they would be doomed to repeat what happen last year and what happened in 2014 in the playoffs (one and done).

I just found out we signed a T/G named Byron Bell. Do you know anything about him?


Yeah, I remember Bell vaguely playing with the Panthers. We brought him on as an undrafted free agent and he ended up playing some pretty good time and getting quite a few starts. Not sure what he's been up to the past couple of years, but he was always a pretty solid player for Carolina.
Mr B
Veteran
Posts: 2,522
And1: 463
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: NFC East 

Post#440 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:44 am

From what I understand he's like the 7th best available OT on the market. I see him more as a camp body. Hey will likely bring in another QB or two (camp arms).

Return to The General NFL Board