NFC East

Moderators: bwgood77, Icness

Who will win the division next season?

Cowboys
7
70%
Eagles
0
No votes
Giants
2
20%
Redskins
1
10%
 
Total votes: 10

User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,811
And1: 754
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: NFC East 

Post#481 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:06 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Lol you read wayyy too much into it. They actually gave Marshawn an extension (they paid him well) after that Superbowl. He got beat up & was injured for most of 2015. He retired because of it. He's from Oakland & wants to play again. Don't believe the NE rumors, they're bogus.

The O-line is & was a problem. I can't debate that. It's known. :roll:

The fact is that most of the cap is tied up in the defense & a few guys on offense. I'd love to have a great offensive line as well. But, It is what it is.

I'd worry about your own team Bj. :wink:


You know, I'm trying to think of a team other than the Cowboys that has made the commitment to tie up keep O-line members long term and I can't. One maybe... but not three. It's an experiment for sure - and I really hope it's a successful one. I remember how "average" (that's charitable - Romo ran for his life) the O-line was here before they drafted Smith and Frederick. I don't want to go back to that.

If nothing else, it sets up an argument as to where you should spend your money. I go back to old football adages. It all starts up front. And when you got cats this good - you don't let them wander off.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
Veteran
Posts: 2,521
And1: 463
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: NFC East 

Post#482 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:17 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote: :lol:

So why don't you guys just give him his money and cut the ****, seeings how you guys just love him. Seriously.

Cuz he's way too valuable. Some team will offer picks. Your right about him being a diva. But, he's a very very good diva.

Would you let Dez go for nothing? I think not! Heck, you were hoping to get something of value for Romo. Well unlike Romo, Sherm is still in his prime & one of the top CB's in the league. Along with no missing games due to injury. The team is doing the right thing, by holding out for a good offer.


Sherman is 29 and coming off a down year. A near 30 year old diva, coming off a down year, and is demanding a max contract. Also he plays a position that the draft is extremely deep in this year. I doubt Seattle gets anything near what they're asking for. He's on the backside of his prime and will only continue to decline. I wouldn't worry at all about him coming the Cowboys. Stephen wants guys in their early/mid 20's. he's already said they don't have any intention of targeting guys 28 or older.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,142
And1: 531
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: NFC East 

Post#483 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:20 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Seems like a lot of unhappy guys on the team now since Carroll gave away the Super Bowl to New England a couple years ago. Beast mode retired for good reason. Didn't want to pay him either. You lost some key pieces on the O-line, evident of what happened last year by the beating Wilson took and lack of running game. Can't believe you lost your O-lineman to the poison you brought in at TE, Jimmy Graham. Didn't you guys anticipate and prepare for this after taking care of Wagner, etc,.? Its starting to look in Seattle that nobody believes in Carroll so much anymore.

Lol you read wayyy too much into it. They actually gave Marshawn an extension (they paid him well) after that Superbowl. He got beat up & was injured for most of 2015. He retired because of it. He's from Oakland & wants to play again. Don't believe the NE rumors, they're bogus.

The O-line is & was a problem. I can't debate that. It's known. :roll:

The fact is that most of the cap is tied up in the defense & a few guys on offense. I'd love to have a great offensive line as well. But, It is what it is.

I'd worry about your own team Bj. :wink:

I am, especially our defense. That's no secret as well. :wink:
User avatar
shawn_hemp
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,982
And1: 1,023
Joined: Aug 27, 2014
 

Re: NFC East 

Post#484 » by shawn_hemp » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:02 pm

Eagles schedule

@ Washington, 1pm
@ KC, 1pm
NYG, 1pm
@ Chargers, 4:05pm
Arizona, 1pm
@ Carolina, 8:25pm (Thursday Night)
Washington, 8:30pm (Monday Night)
SF, 1pm
Denver, 1pm
BYE
@ Dallas, 8:30pm
Chicago, 1pm
@ Seattle, 8:30pm
@ Rams, 4:25pm
@ NYG, 1pm
Oakland, 8:30pm (Monday Night)
Dallas, 1pm

not gonna lie that's favorable as ****

bye week before the Dallas away game and we play the Bears and Panthers for our 2 other NFC games

get Denver and Oakland at home and play KC early in the year before everyone is banged up

just right now, going off first reaction and not even having seen the draft yet

9-7 or 10-6 doesnt seem unreasonable. The Dallas games will be huge

Dallas has to play Green Bay and Atlanta for their two remaining NFC opponents. Giants got the Bucs and Lions

THANKS OBAMA!

btw, are the Rams going to use the acronym LAR and the Chargers LAC? not sure how that will work
RavenMad31
Senior
Posts: 571
And1: 195
Joined: May 05, 2015
     

Re: NFC East 

Post#485 » by RavenMad31 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:10 pm

shawn_hemp wrote:Eagles schedule

@ Washington, 1pm
@ KC, 1pm
NYG, 1pm
@ Chargers, 4:05pm
Arizona, 1pm
@ Carolina, 8:25pm (Thursday Night)
Washington, 8:30pm (Monday Night)
SF, 1pm
Denver, 1pm
BYE
@ Dallas, 8:30pm
Chicago, 1pm
@ Seattle, 8:30pm
@ Rams, 4:25pm
@ NYG, 1pm
Oakland, 8:30pm (Monday Night)
Dallas, 1pm

not gonna lie that's favorable as ****

bye week before the Dallas away game and we play the Bears and Panthers for our 2 other NFC games

get Denver and Oakland at home and play KC early in the year before everyone is banged up

just right now, going off first reaction and not even having seen the draft yet

9-7 or 10-6 doesnt seem unreasonable. The Dallas games will be huge

Dallas has to play Green Bay and Atlanta for their two remaining NFC opponents. Giants got the Bucs and Lions

THANKS OBAMA!

btw, are the Rams going to use the acronym LAR and the Chargers LAC? not sure how that will work


I gotta say, Philly does have it stacked nicely based on what we are seeing. The NFL is a crazy place though. That seemingly easy schedule can look a lot tougher once we sort out some of the surprise teams in the league. This reminds me. I think I have an idea for a new thread.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,811
And1: 754
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: NFC East 

Post#486 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:11 pm

shawn_hemp wrote:Eagles schedule

@ Washington, 1pm
@ KC, 1pm
NYG, 1pm
@ Chargers, 4:05pm
Arizona, 1pm
@ Carolina, 8:25pm (Thursday Night)
Washington, 8:30pm (Monday Night)
SF, 1pm
Denver, 1pm
BYE
@ Dallas, 8:30pm
Chicago, 1pm
@ Seattle, 8:30pm
@ Rams, 4:25pm
@ NYG, 1pm
Oakland, 8:30pm (Monday Night)
Dallas, 1pm

not gonna lie that's favorable as ****

bye week before the Dallas away game and we play the Bears and Panthers for our 2 other NFC games

get Denver and Oakland at home and play KC early in the year before everyone is banged up

just right now, going off first reaction and not even having seen the draft yet

9-7 or 10-6 doesnt seem unreasonable. The Dallas games will be huge

Dallas has to play Green Bay and Atlanta for their two remaining NFC opponents. Giants got the Bucs and Lions

THANKS OBAMA!

btw, are the Rams going to use the acronym LAR and the Chargers LAC? not sure how that will work


The AFC West games and the Seattle/Arizona games along with the 6 division games - 12 toughies for all four NFC East teams. Those 2 "first-fourth place" games could well tell the story this season.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
User avatar
shawn_hemp
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,982
And1: 1,023
Joined: Aug 27, 2014
 

Re: NFC East 

Post#487 » by shawn_hemp » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:35 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
shawn_hemp wrote:Eagles schedule

@ Washington, 1pm
@ KC, 1pm
NYG, 1pm
@ Chargers, 4:05pm
Arizona, 1pm
@ Carolina, 8:25pm (Thursday Night)
Washington, 8:30pm (Monday Night)
SF, 1pm
Denver, 1pm
BYE
@ Dallas, 8:30pm
Chicago, 1pm
@ Seattle, 8:30pm
@ Rams, 4:25pm
@ NYG, 1pm
Oakland, 8:30pm (Monday Night)
Dallas, 1pm

not gonna lie that's favorable as ****

bye week before the Dallas away game and we play the Bears and Panthers for our 2 other NFC games

get Denver and Oakland at home and play KC early in the year before everyone is banged up

just right now, going off first reaction and not even having seen the draft yet

9-7 or 10-6 doesnt seem unreasonable. The Dallas games will be huge

Dallas has to play Green Bay and Atlanta for their two remaining NFC opponents. Giants got the Bucs and Lions

THANKS OBAMA!

btw, are the Rams going to use the acronym LAR and the Chargers LAC? not sure how that will work


The AFC West games and the Seattle/Arizona games along with the 6 division games - 12 toughies for all four NFC East teams. Those 2 "first-fourth place" games could well tell the story this season.


I actually don't find the Broncos to be an overly threatening team. And the Chargers are pretty bad

Seattle will take a small step back this year IMO. They'll probably still win the division, but I don't see them as being the juggernaut they were for the past couple seasons

I think if we can win @Kansas City and go 3-1 against the Cowboys/Giants, there really is no reason we shouldn't be in the playoffs. And I know that is a tall order but that's why I say that there would be no reason to not make the playoffs
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,811
And1: 754
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: NFC East 

Post#488 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:44 pm

shawn_hemp wrote:
I actually don't find the Broncos to be an overly threatening team. And the Chargers are pretty bad

Seattle will take a small step back this year IMO. They'll probably still win the division, but I don't see them as being the juggernaut they were for the past couple seasons

I think if we can win @Kansas City and go 3-1 against the Cowboys/Giants, there really is no reason we shouldn't be in the playoffs. And I know that is a tall order but that's why I say that there would be no reason to not make the playoffs


Denver's defense will still be a tough out. Add yes - I agree about the Chargers. Your heroes getting the Raiders in Philly is a bit of an edge although the Raiders were OK on the road last year (i.e.; they didn't lose on the road in the regular season last year). The Carolina game for you seems to be the "pivot" game. Which Panthers team do you get? The 2015 team or the 2016 team?

The NFC East is going to be a hell of a fight. As it should be.



Best division in the NFL.

<waits for it...>
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,142
And1: 531
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: NFC East 

Post#489 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:58 am

Egal fans just love to dream, :lol: They've been dreaming since 1959. :crazy:
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,142
And1: 531
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: NFC East 

Post#490 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:13 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
shawn_hemp wrote:
I actually don't find the Broncos to be an overly threatening team. And the Chargers are pretty bad

Seattle will take a small step back this year IMO. They'll probably still win the division, but I don't see them as being the juggernaut they were for the past couple seasons

I think if we can win @Kansas City and go 3-1 against the Cowboys/Giants, there really is no reason we shouldn't be in the playoffs. And I know that is a tall order but that's why I say that there would be no reason to not make the playoffs


Denver's defense will still be a tough out. Add yes - I agree about the Chargers. Your heroes getting the Raiders in Philly is a bit of an edge although the Raiders were OK on the road last year (i.e.; they didn't lose on the road in the regular season last year). The Carolina game for you seems to be the "pivot" game. Which Panthers team do you get? The 2015 team or the 2016 team?

The NFC East is going to be a hell of a fight. As it should be.



Best division in the NFL.

<waits for it...>

I feel the Giants losing Mankins was huge. I still believe we are the best team in the NFC right now despite our defense. I"m not worried in the least about the Redskins and Egals.
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,811
And1: 754
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: NFC East 

Post#491 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:58 pm

I refuse to underestimate the Iggles. I also expect the Redskins to be as good as Cousins is... which is going to be good enough to score a nice contract from someone that will get him the hell out of DC.

Best division in the NFL... again.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,142
And1: 531
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: NFC East 

Post#492 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue May 2, 2017 4:04 am

Now that the draft is over I'm getting anxious for training camp to see what we have. I'm very interested to see Jaylon Smith and the Tapper kid we drafted last year. I hope he is healthy because he could be huge for us this upcoming season.
Mr B
Veteran
Posts: 2,521
And1: 463
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: NFC East 

Post#493 » by Mr B » Tue May 2, 2017 5:37 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Now that the draft is over I'm getting anxious for training camp to see what we have. I'm very interested to see Jaylon Smith and the Tapper kid we drafted last year. I hope he is healthy because he could be huge for us this upcoming season.


You and me both. I'm also pretty excited to see the new secondary. The combo of Jones/Woods should make for a pretty dynamic safety combination. My hope is that all are ready to play and actually win the starting spot. Brown and Awuzie on the outside and Scandrick and Lewis in the slot. Lewis could also challenge for one of the outside positions. They also have a lot of depth in the secondary. The DL should be a lot more active and get more pressure this year so I'm also expecting a lot more turnovers.

Im worried about the LB's though. Should we expect Sean Lee to player a full season again? With Lee it always feels like, it's just a letter of time before he gets hurt again. And Jaylon is a huge question mark. I have high hopes for Damien Wilson but I'm not expecting much. As we look to the next draft I would say LB will likely be the target.
The Sparest
Rookie
Posts: 1,085
And1: 324
Joined: Mar 04, 2009
 

Re: NFC East 

Post#494 » by The Sparest » Wed May 3, 2017 10:20 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Now that the draft is over I'm getting anxious for training camp to see what we have. I'm very interested to see Jaylon Smith and the Tapper kid we drafted last year. I hope he is healthy because he could be huge for us this upcoming season.


You and me both. I'm also pretty excited to see the new secondary. The combo of Jones/Woods should make for a pretty dynamic safety combination. My hope is that all are ready to play and actually win the starting spot. Brown and Awuzie on the outside and Scandrick and Lewis in the slot. Lewis could also challenge for one of the outside positions. They also have a lot of depth in the secondary. The DL should be a lot more active and get more pressure this year so I'm also expecting a lot more turnovers.

Im worried about the LB's though. Should we expect Sean Lee to player a full season again? With Lee it always feels like, it's just a letter of time before he gets hurt again. And Jaylon is a huge question mark. I have high hopes for Damien Wilson but I'm not expecting much. As we look to the next draft I would say LB will likely be the target.


I second all of that. My main worries are the health of the LB's and who will step up to fill Free's job at RT.

They also picked up some interesting UDFA's after the draft that I am looking forward to seeing in action. Lewis Neal the DE from LSU and Lucas Wacha the LB from Wyoming in particular.
AKA: Sparey Spareman
Mr B
Veteran
Posts: 2,521
And1: 463
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: NFC East 

Post#495 » by Mr B » Wed May 3, 2017 6:00 pm

The Sparest wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Now that the draft is over I'm getting anxious for training camp to see what we have. I'm very interested to see Jaylon Smith and the Tapper kid we drafted last year. I hope he is healthy because he could be huge for us this upcoming season.


You and me both. I'm also pretty excited to see the new secondary. The combo of Jones/Woods should make for a pretty dynamic safety combination. My hope is that all are ready to play and actually win the starting spot. Brown and Awuzie on the outside and Scandrick and Lewis in the slot. Lewis could also challenge for one of the outside positions. They also have a lot of depth in the secondary. The DL should be a lot more active and get more pressure this year so I'm also expecting a lot more turnovers.

Im worried about the LB's though. Should we expect Sean Lee to player a full season again? With Lee it always feels like, it's just a letter of time before he gets hurt again. And Jaylon is a huge question mark. I have high hopes for Damien Wilson but I'm not expecting much. As we look to the next draft I would say LB will likely be the target.


I second all of that. My main worries are the health of the LB's and who will step up to fill Free's job at RT.

They also picked up some interesting UDFA's after the draft that I am looking forward to seeing in action. Lewis Neal the DE from LSU and Lucas Wacha the LB from Wyoming in particular.


The RT they picked up from Arkansas looks interesting too. Not sure how his lateral movement will be though considering he's 6'10".
User avatar
shawn_hemp
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,982
And1: 1,023
Joined: Aug 27, 2014
 

Re: NFC East 

Post#496 » by shawn_hemp » Thu May 18, 2017 7:10 pm

LeGarrette Blount to the Eagles. Not sure how to feel about that. Sounds good, but he's also 31 years old and was never really that fast to begin with. Seems like a short yardage back, with Smallwood also needing to get touches. Darren Sproles should really only come in on 3rd down, considering he is probably going to retire after this year.

I can live with that trifecta though. Smallwood can be a really good player IMO.

Really excited about Rasul Douglas as well. We haven't had a real ball-hawking CB since Asante Samuel left.
User avatar
bleu
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 6,108
And1: 977
Joined: Apr 24, 2007
       

Re: NFC East 

Post#497 » by bleu » Fri May 19, 2017 6:02 am

Redskins are winning the division









(I'm partially trolling, partially serious)
User avatar
Cactus Jack
General Manager
Posts: 7,544
And1: 3,117
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: NBA team was stolen
     

Re: NFC East 

Post#498 » by Cactus Jack » Fri May 19, 2017 7:35 am

shawn_hemp wrote:LeGarrette Blount to the Eagles. Not sure how to feel about that. Sounds good, but he's also 31 years old and was never really that fast to begin with. Seems like a short yardage back, with Smallwood also needing to get touches. Darren Sproles should really only come in on 3rd down, considering he is probably going to retire after this year.

I can live with that trifecta though. Smallwood can be a really good player IMO.

Really excited about Rasul Douglas as well. We haven't had a real ball-hawking CB since Asante Samuel left.

Not sure why NE didn't keep him. Between the Brady Madden Curse & this, I think the Pats are ******. :nod:
"When the Seahawks won the title, I was imagining how the city would have felt with both teams here, It would have been electric. It would have been something we’ve never seen before, something no city has seen before.” -KD
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,811
And1: 754
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: NFC East 

Post#499 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri May 19, 2017 6:47 pm

shawn_hemp wrote:LeGarrette Blount to the Eagles. Not sure how to feel about that. Sounds good, but he's also 31 years old and was never really that fast to begin with. Seems like a short yardage back, with Smallwood also needing to get touches. Darren Sproles should really only come in on 3rd down, considering he is probably going to retire after this year.

I can live with that trifecta though. Smallwood can be a really good player IMO.

Really excited about Rasul Douglas as well. We haven't had a real ball-hawking CB since Asante Samuel left.


I think that trifecta works fairly nice for you guys. Not completely sold on Smallwood but I guess we will see. I see Blount in the same light I see the Beast with Oakland. Gives you solid "crunch" yards.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Veteran
Posts: 2,811
And1: 754
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: NFC East 

Post#500 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri May 19, 2017 6:48 pm

bleu wrote:Redskins are winning the division









(I'm partially trolling, partially serious)


Quit sniffing glue, Bleu...
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."

Return to The General NFL Board