Week 7 Matchup and Game Discussion

Moderator: bwgood77

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,441

Re: Week 7 Matchup and Game Discussion 

Post#181 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:37 am

High 5 wrote:P.S. I hate that Arizona kicker! He denied me the small consolation of seeing Sherman lose the game for his team after last week's PI.

Lose the game? Really? I thought he played a heck of a game to be honest. Defense was lights out. Arizona had the ball almost the entire game & only came away with 6 points. Okay, end of rant. lol
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,078

Post#182 » by High 5 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:43 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
High 5 wrote:P.S. I hate that Arizona kicker! He denied me the small consolation of seeing Sherman lose the game for his team after last week's PI.

Lose the game? Really? I thought he played a heck of a game to be honest. Defense was lights out. Arizona had the ball almost the entire game & only came away with 6 points. Okay, end of rant. lol

Just talking about that last catch he gave up and the missed tackle. It would have felt like karma for the Cardinals to win off of that. Then it turned into the usual "How the hell are the Seahawks always so lucky?!" And then the Seahawks missed their freebie and I didn't know what to think anymore.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#183 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:48 am

High 5 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Just talking about that last catch he gave up and the missed tackle. It would have felt like karma for the Cardinals to win off of that. Then it turned into the usual "How the hell are the Seahawks always so lucky?!" And then the Seahawks missed their freebie and I didn't know what to think anymore.

Your not alone. I had a bad feeling when Pete didn't take the timeout there. Like WTF... :banghead:

For whatever reason, I was cautiously optimistic with Arizona's kicker. Bobby Wagner had the game of his life on special teams. Jumping the long-snapper. Just amazing.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#184 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:06 am

High 5 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Cardinals had the ball for 46:21 tonight
9th highest time of possession for any team EVER in NFL history

Read on Twitter

That's a first! :wink:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#185 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:32 am

Wow. Just zipped through the rest of the game over coffee.

I'm at a complete loss.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
NaturalBuns
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,463

Post#186 » by NaturalBuns » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:07 pm

I'm still in disbelief that Seattle was able to tie Arizona. Going for it on 4th in FG range. Going for it with 17 seconds left in 2nd Q with no timeouts in FG range and taking a sack. Having the ball at the 1 yard line but kicking it early when you have David Johnson. That was like flashback to super bowl 49 stupid as hell to not run.

Blocked FG, Blocked Punt, Missed FG.

Pathetic coaching and bad execution by special teams. Unbelieveably pissed
oldscho0led wrote:Baseball is all about momentum. Pirates will carry their winning ways and beat Giants in the Wildcard.

A's over Royals. Lester and experience will prove that he's worth the trade.

Tigers winning it all. Tigers are, imo, peaking at the right time.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,285

Post#187 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:21 pm

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
Goober wrote:i have to admit i was laughing histerically when Hauschka missed. Too funny of an ending for that game

you are after all, a goober

basically a goober is just a kindhearted, rather oblivious goofball. it's term of endearment really. it comes from the ancient scottish verb "to goub", which has to do with doing a dance and smiling sheepishly while doing so, exposing the goubs in one's teeth.

I dont think I've used the term since 3rd grade

Well, your in 4th grade now so its time to grow up, lol !! :lol:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#188 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:25 pm

bwgood77 wrote:I am sorry to those who bet the over on this game.

Hell, I needed the under in this game just to break even for the weekend, pheewww.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#189 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:29 pm

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote: :falloff:

That Rams fan who likes the Falcons, Saints and Bills is having a bad day. :ouch:

not really,picking the eagles,Lions,Colts keeps me in good position in a majority of my pickems.
one game does not a season make

4 weeks later and I would still like to bet you the Patriots will win the AFC East. Come on Ernie, its just one loss by the Bills, no biggie, right.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#190 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:30 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Wow. Just zipped through the rest of the game over coffee.

I'm at a complete loss.

Except for the fact that we are currently at least the number 2 seed with the Vikings in serious trouble.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#191 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:41 pm

NaturalBuns wrote:I'm still in disbelief that Seattle was able to tie Arizona. Going for it on 4th in FG range. Going for it with 17 seconds left in 2nd Q with no timeouts in FG range and taking a sack. Having the ball at the 1 yard line but kicking it early when you have David Johnson. That was like flashback to super bowl 49 stupid as hell to not run.

More like an amazing defensive performance & outstanding special teams play! The Wagner leap was totally a legal play btw. It's only a penalty if the jumper lands onto the lineman in that scenario. So Arians was wrong on that as well. :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#192 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:57 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
NaturalBuns wrote:I'm still in disbelief that Seattle was able to tie Arizona. Going for it on 4th in FG range. Going for it with 17 seconds left in 2nd Q with no timeouts in FG range and taking a sack. Having the ball at the 1 yard line but kicking it early when you have David Johnson. That was like flashback to super bowl 49 stupid as hell to not run.

More like an amazing defensive performance & outstanding special teams play! The Wagner leap was totally a legal play btw. It's only a penalty if the jumper lands onto the lineman in that scenario. So Arians was wrong on that as well. :wink:

That was a rock em sock em old NFC style game back in the 60's and 70's. I kinda enjoyed it actually. I love it when teams have to earn every damn yard they get despite these new offensive pussy assed rules they play today giving the offense way too much of an advantage. You guys knew making the game defensive was bad news for choke artist Palmer, lol.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#193 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:06 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I'm at a complete loss.

Except for the fact that we are currently at least the number 2 seed with the Vikings in serious trouble.

There is that additional little tidbit for which we should also toss a bouquet towards the Chargers.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#194 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:33 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I'm at a complete loss.

There is that additional little tidbit for which we should also toss a bouquet towards the Chargers.

Oh yes, the Chargers outscoring the FALCONS 16 - 3 in the 4th quarter and over time. Early Xmas present for us !!!! :lol:
NaturalBuns
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,463

Post#195 » by NaturalBuns » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:31 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Arizona had a amazing defensive preformance not Seattle... They let one get away Seattle had 2 first downs to cardinals 15 mid 3rd.

Had almost 500 yards offense. But besides the numbers cardinals had about 6-7 scoring drives last night all stalled by special teams or coaching.
oldscho0led wrote:Baseball is all about momentum. Pirates will carry their winning ways and beat Giants in the Wildcard.

A's over Royals. Lester and experience will prove that he's worth the trade.

Tigers winning it all. Tigers are, imo, peaking at the right time.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect
And1: 76

Post#196 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:36 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:That Rams fan who likes the Falcons, Saints and Bills is having a bad day. :ouch:

not really,picking the eagles,Lions,Colts keeps me in good position in a majority of my pickems.
one game does not a season make

4 weeks later and I would still like to bet you the Patriots will win the AFC East. Come on Ernie, its just one loss by the Bills, no biggie, right.

I already conceded they might make the playoffs.
I said I might be wrong on 4 of my twelve. Your bet isnt very daring.
Bet me whether they make the SB..youll say, "well, the odds are they dont/wont, so thats not a hard bet for Ernie to make"

make up your mind..you either know or you dont know.
you tell me theres no way my predictions could happen and then say you know the Pats will make playoffs?
if you are confident about knowing theyll make the playoffs,you should be able to know if they make the SB or not.
I've already told you they wont but youll make excuses and stay away from that one.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect
And1: 76

Post#197 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:42 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
Goober wrote:i have to admit i was laughing histerically when Hauschka missed. Too funny of an ending for that game

you are after all, a goober

basically a goober is just a kindhearted, rather oblivious goofball. it's term of endearment really. it comes from the ancient scottish verb "to goub", which has to do with doing a dance and smiling sheepishly while doing so, exposing the goubs in one's teeth.

I dont think I've used the term since 3rd grade

Well, your in 4th grade now so its time to grow up, lol !! :lol:

dude, I'm 51 and my jokes are hipper than yours.
you sound like a 70 year old from the 1950s in Idaho trying to make a joke. :lol:
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#198 » by bleu » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:09 pm

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:when both kickers miss from that close that often and punts are getting blocked because the kicker just sits and waits too long,its obviously fixed. Disagree with me all you want. That game was as bogus as it gets.

I've disagreed with you on several things, in fact it's rare that we agree. But this might be the single dumbest thing you have ever posted.

NFL owners meeting -

Commish: Ratings are way down this year, I've got a brilliant way that we can improve them and make more money!
Owner: Yeah? I'm game, what is it?
Commish: Okay, hear me out on this one. We pit two bitter division rivals against each other, put it on the most watched broadcast of the week, hype it up all week, then both teams just suck ass, only score 3 points each in regulation, and then, here's the best part, they BOTH miss easy game winning field goals in overtime so it's a 6-6 tie!
Owner: BRILLIANT! I'll tell my kicker this ASAP!
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Post#199 » by Mamba Mentality » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:10 pm

A few things from last nights fiasco:

-Michael Floyd is garbage, I'm surprised he's not buried on the Cards depth chart. He made some big plays down the stretch, but dropped the most important ball of the game....as usual.

-Richard Sherman has been getting torched this season. If it wasn't for a shoe string tackle he would have surrendered the game winning td, and this was after he got lit up by Brandon Marshall and Julio Jones in back to back weeks. I just don't understand how he's so highly decorated.

-Cards need to do something about their special teams. Fire Amos Jones or something because I've never seen so many special teams blunders in the first half of a season.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#200 » by bleu » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:15 pm

I absolutely HATE the fact that in the NFL, games can end in a tie. One of my least favorite things about the league. However, in last night's game it was the only fair ending. Both teams lost.

Return to The General NFL Board